PDA

View Full Version : Somebody on here called Payne's firing over a week in advance

MartinUtd
10-03-2013, 09:47 AM
I can't remember who it was, but before the board went offline someone speculated that Kevin Payne's days were numbered if he wasn't already gone. Much of this was based on his recent failures and his absence from the supporters meeting. At the time I thought such as assessment was jumping the gun, but you were right on the money.

This past month has been a bit of a drag. I've been forced to read Cathal Kelly and reddit for TFC news and it's been a rough go, indeed.

So good on you, whoever you were.

jabbronies
10-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I can't remember who it was, but before the board went offline someone speculated that Kevin Payne's days were numbered if he wasn't already gone. Much of this was based on his recent failures and his absence from the supporters meeting. At the time I thought such as assessment was jumping the gun, but you were right on the money.

This past month has been a bit of a drag. I've been forced to read Cathal Kelly and reddit for TFC news and it's been a rough go, indeed.

So good on you, whoever you were.

I think it was ensco

Voodooman
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
It was ensco I believe.

It was after Lieweke wouldn't answer any questions about Payne at the RPB meeting, so it brought a lot of thoughts in our heads that we figured something was up.

DOMIN8R
10-03-2013, 12:10 PM
It was ensco. In in fact, many accused him of being a conspiracy theorist and generally gave him a hard time. I think that was the same thread that he pulled out this zinger..."When I'm gone the capitalists will drown you like kittens".:rofl:

OgtheDim
10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
...."When I'm gone the capitalists will drown you like kittens".:rofl:

Was that before the Columbus game?

BuSaPuNk
10-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Good on Enesco.

Yeah I think a lot of people called it. I did at the meeting to Coach and A few others only to be dismissed.

It's was pretty obvious just by his way of saying that he wasn't there and with no explanation I knew it was going to happen.

Cashcleaner
10-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Hey guys, just thinking about something that may not have been brought up before. But I wonder if Payne's departure was prompted by him passing up on the chance to acquire Clint Dempsey? You guys remember that? Remember how we were in the bidding for Dempsey but Payne opted to look elsewhere? Could it be that Leiweke -and possibly Nelsen, were upset enough with that decision and that's the main reason to get rid of him?

Fort York Redcoat
10-04-2013, 07:15 AM
It was ensco. In in fact, many accused him of being a conspiracy theorist and generally gave him a hard time. I think that was the same thread that he pulled out this zinger..."When I'm gone the capitalists will drown you like kittens".:rofl:

I did. I gave him a hard time and it had nothing to do with him posting that Payne would be gone. Nothing. But he was the first to post this attitude on the forum.

As they say..."First"

Fort York Redcoat
10-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Hey guys, just thinking about something that may not have been brought up before. But I wonder if Payne's departure was prompted by him passing up on the chance to acquire Clint Dempsey? You guys remember that? Remember how we were in the bidding for Dempsey but Payne opted to look elsewhere? Could it be that Leiweke -and possibly Nelsen, were upset enough with that decision and that's the main reason to get rid of him?

The league. Not that you'd get that in print. The league wanted a Cpt. America on an American team (who wasn't doing too poorly either.)

TOBOR !
10-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Not to take credit away from Nostradensco, but pretty much all TFC activity (hirings, firings, whatnot) has been 'predicted' at some point by someone.

Phil
10-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Ensco was always critical of the relationship between TL and KP. It was a good call. Its funny how in early July TL was backing KP 100% and seemed to be a little hesitant on Ryan Nelsen. Fast forward 2 months and its reversed.

It was very clear that Kevin not being at that meet and greet put the writing on the walls. Tim had hinted it to me but never out right said Kevin would go.

ensco
10-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Nostradensco

That is funny. Thank you!

Seriously, quite a few people noted Payne's absence from the supporters event and wondered what it meant. I was just louder and more certain than most.

I am actually often wrong, but never in doubt!!

CoachGT
10-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Good on Enesco.

Yeah I think a lot of people called it. I did at the meeting to Coach and A few others only to be dismissed.

It's was pretty obvious just by his way of saying that he wasn't there and with no explanation I knew it was going to happen.

My take at the meeting was he was gone too. I didn't post it, except in some notes I made about the meeting.

Cashcleaner
10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
That is funny. Thank you!

Seriously, quite a few people noted Payne's absence from the supporters event and wondered what it meant. I was just louder and more certain than most.

I am actually often wrong, but never in doubt!!

That is probably the funniest phrase I will ever hear someone say. :D

BuSaPuNk
10-04-2013, 05:05 PM
My take at the meeting was he was gone too. I didn't post it, except in some notes I made about the meeting.

Wasn't pointing at you Coach! Hehehe

I'm pretty sure we all knew it but I guess some guys just couldn't believe it at the time.