PDA

View Full Version : Renewals for 2014 Season Seats delayed until Jan 2014

SuperTCP
09-05-2013, 09:52 AM
As per Toronto FC webpage : The team also announced, that out of consideration for season seat holders, renewals for 2014 TFC season seats would be delayed from later this month until January, 2014 to give supporters proper time to evaluate the team’s off-season moves and progress before committing.

bones
09-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Wow, this organization can barely get our tickets to us the week of the first game as it was, this will send the business unit in a real spin.

OgtheDim
09-05-2013, 09:56 AM
So they will have about 2 months to sell any new seasons before the now annual opener at the Sky Dome.

Yagbod
09-05-2013, 10:02 AM
This is going to put massive pressure on the new boss to sign a big name to attract ticket buyers. That is all this delay is about. 'Consideration for fans' my ass.

SuperTCP
09-05-2013, 10:07 AM
more time to hire a big name in order to justify a price increase.

Fort York Redcoat
09-05-2013, 10:13 AM
This is money where your mouth is time. I have no problem with them putting more pressure on themselves to impress us.

flatpicker
09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
It seems kinda unnecessary. I understand if they did the renewals now, they'll likely lose some STH's who are fed up. But if they go and make some big signings in the off-season wouldn't that just boost the ticket numbers back up? I don't really see what the advantage is except maybe by delaying several months it gives time for angry long-time fans to calm down and remain aboard.

That said, I do like the added pressure. But I would imagine the pressure would be about the same if they did the renewals today and lost half their audience.

Suds
09-05-2013, 10:22 AM
get ready for the PR and distraction campaign

'hey everyone, look at this nice new shiny bobble we bought to blind you from our complete incompetence as an organization' ... 'please renew and buy lots of shirts with (insert big player name here) so se can get more money and make it seem like we're making strides'

They are really so out of touch from understanding football fans in this city. Sure, they'll get a bump in sales for whatever underwear model they sign to wear the shirt. Then they'll fall back to the lame Marketing 101 of marketing to the buyer of tomorrow. Queue soccer mom and little kid focus.

For the first time I'm seriously questioning why I should even bother with this organization anymore.

We don't need a marquee name. Just put a fucking winning team on the field!!

cmonyoureds
09-05-2013, 10:29 AM
HAHAHAHAH "consideration for the fans"

Dear God the quotes just keep getting better.
Remember this one? "supply and demand"

flatpicker
09-05-2013, 10:34 AM

True, but I have no issue with a marquee name if he's able to play quality football. I know there was plenty of glitz and glamour around the whole Beckham deal, but the guy made a significant contribution on the field for LA. If I had to choose between two rosters that performed equally well but one had a pair of famous players, I would rather see the big names. For no other reason than it generates added buzz... and when is that a bad thing?

pdubs
09-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Nigel Reed ‏@Nigel_Reed (https://twitter.com/Nigel_Reed) 33s (https://twitter.com/Nigel_Reed/status/375643732453781504) "We will be over in Europe soon" says Tim Leiweke on targets "marquee DPs". #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Red Rat
09-05-2013, 11:15 AM
MacDonalds had a great campaign a while ago. Our food sucks but you will get a free toy!!! MLSE take note...

Initial B
09-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I think they realize that with today's moves, any SSH drive would end in free-fall. They're hoping that our frustration wanes after the season ends and that there will be a resurgence in interest when they sign an Italian DP. They're obviously going after the Italian community now. The new guy had better be able to speak english and spanish...

*Sigh*

So, when do Ottawa Fury season tickets go on sale?

TFC_Allez
09-05-2013, 12:02 PM
This is a huge gamble on their part. The off-season starts today.

glaze
09-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Its a difficult situation. I've only been an SSH for 3 seasons, but for those that have been attending since day 1, it is fair to give them some time to cool down after another disappointment on the field.
That said, I would have preferred an immediate renewal period. Perhaps it would finally drive away some of the scalpers, and others who have just been selling off their seats. While I imagine the famed TFC SSH waiting list has shrunk, there are probably still many supporters around the stadium who are hoping for a chance to get into a supporters section. I lucked out this year and got into 110, so the seat selection event is not a factor for me. But prior to this year, I looked forward to it. With such a late renewal period I guess that's off the table this year?

Abou Sky
09-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't see how this is a bad thing, it is of course about PR but if they bring over someone like Rooney/Ibrahimovic/C. Ronaldo/Mata etc. I am more than happy with it.

'Marquee names' are what they are because they are amazing players.

Also, whether we pay $10m/year or $600k/year, our DP's have the same salary cap hit. Why would we NOT want to have a marquee player?

As for 'selling shirts' that is a GOOD THING, if any of you want to go topple the capitalist system have at it, but as it is, the more money TFC makes the better.

Canary10
09-05-2013, 12:37 PM
This is going to put massive pressure on the new boss to sign a big name to attract ticket buyers. That is all this delay is about. 'Consideration for fans' my ass.

At the end of the day it'll be up to every individual ticket holder to decide what their idea of progress is and whether TFC met it. It's an interesting gamble on their part, much better than "trust us."

TearsForCheers
09-05-2013, 12:52 PM
At the end of the day it'll be up to every individual ticket holder to decide what their idea of progress is and whether TFC met it. It's an interesting gamble on their part, much better than "trust us."

It is still going to be a "trust us" - just one that we're presented with 3 months later. So there might be a new GM in place, maybe a "marquee signing", but there will not have been a single kick of the ball from these new faces for us to make an assessment on. We will still be having to place our own bets on whether these individuals will turn it around i.e. "trust" that Leiweke got the right people.

Fort York Redcoat
09-05-2013, 12:56 PM
It is still going to be a "trust us" - just one that we're presented with 3 months later. So there might be a new GM in place, maybe a "marquee signing", but there will not have been a single kick of the ball from these new faces for us to make an assessment on. We will still be having to place our own bets on whether these individuals will turn it around i.e. "trust" that Leiweke got the right people.

The point is that the moves made will be big enough you wouldn't have to see a ball kicked. The ingredients will be present.

The rest we all know concerning recipe and baking aka team building and preseason.

Fort York Redcoat
09-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Its a difficult situation. I've only been an SSH for 3 seasons, but for those that have been attending since day 1, it is fair to give them some time to cool down after another disappointment on the field.
That said, I would have preferred an immediate renewal period. Perhaps it would finally drive away some of the scalpers, and others who have just been selling off their seats. While I imagine the famed TFC SSH waiting list has shrunk, there are probably still many supporters around the stadium who are hoping for a chance to get into a supporters section. I lucked out this year and got into 110, so the seat selection event is not a factor for me. But prior to this year, I looked forward to it. With such a late renewal period I guess that's off the table this year?

I will predict another "incentive for early renewals" drive.

Still not interested in another credit card or new shirt till I know a player I want on the back.

TOBOR !
09-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Nigel Reed ‏@Nigel_Reed (https://twitter.com/Nigel_Reed) 33s (https://twitter.com/Nigel_Reed/status/375643732453781504) "We will be over in Europe soon" says Tim Leiweke on targets "marquee DPs". #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Europe, eh ? That could mean anything... last I checked there were 50 countries in Europe, with 54 of them members of UEFA (not sure how that works, but, hey, that's wikipedia).

Phil
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Two big points determine it for me:

Price

Argos / field turf

Both need to be directly addressed.

Joe Kool
09-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Seat relocation in February :) The reps will be digging out the seats with shovels to let you sit in them.

TFC07
09-05-2013, 01:13 PM

Price

Argos / field turf

Same here. Hopefully this issue is address on Sunday's picnic at TFC training facility.

SuperTCP
09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Seat relocation in February :) The reps will be digging out the seats with shovels to let you sit in them.

I agree. It was cold enough when they did it in November.

SuperTCP
09-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Price

Argos / field turf

I agree. If price is fair I will renew. If field turf is put back , I am out.

cmonyoureds
09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
The point is that the moves made will be big enough you wouldn't have to see a ball kicked. The ingredients will be present.

The rest we all know concerning recipe and baking aka team building and preseason.

I appreciate the sentiment but there are many who will probably need to see a ball kicked.

Exhibit 1 - Torsten Frings

Petor
09-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Price

Argos / field turf

Totally agree!

PopePouri
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM

Price

Argos / field turf

I don't think we'll see fieldturf. Lieweke provided the example of Houston and LA who uses grass and shares it with football games. He could have said Foxboro or BC Place but he mentioned facilities with grass only.

We're more likely to see something like hybrid grass if they do rip it up.

Sullivan
09-05-2013, 02:10 PM
get ready for the PR and distraction campaign

'hey everyone, look at this nice new shiny bobble we bought to blind you from our complete incompetence as an organization' ... 'please renew and buy lots of shirts with (insert big player name here) so se can get more money and make it seem like we're making strides'

They are really so out of touch from understanding football fans in this city. Sure, they'll get a bump in sales for whatever underwear model they sign to wear the shirt. Then they'll fall back to the lame Marketing 101 of marketing to the buyer of tomorrow. Queue soccer mom and little kid focus.

For the first time I'm seriously questioning why I should even bother with this organization anymore.

Spot on Suds.

Although I'd settle for a team that was competitive each week.

For me, the gesture is too little too late. I lasted 6 years as STH.
Two things need to occur before I even consider buying back in:
1) The team needs to be competitive team - and that's gonna take some time;
2) This Argos sideshow, if BMO becomes their new home, I'm out.

Phil
09-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Realistcaly for the field you would make a move to that super turf mix that is part grass part turf. I think Arsenal use it.

But anyhow, price is the big factor (no increase) for next year. I think Agro talk is a long way out. The work itself would take an entire off season and I really cant see project planning and movement including construction being done by start of next season.

We will have to balance the long term vision with the short term.

miker
09-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Spot on Suds.

Although I'd settle for a team that was competitive each week.

For me, the gesture is too little too late. I lasted 6 years as STH.
Two things need to occur before I even consider buying back in:
1) The team needs to be competitive team - and that's gonna take some time;
2) This Argos sideshow, if BMO becomes their new home, I'm out.

Bang on. That's exactly how long I lasted and what I'd need to get back in.

levyashin
09-05-2013, 03:26 PM
As a season ticket holder from day1 the only reason for not RENEWING would be if (a) field turf along with the ARGO'S .This would be shear STUPIDITY.

Canary10
09-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Just received a TFC email from Leiweke explaining the season seat renewal. You can reserve your seat at current prices but won't have to pay for them until January. Or you can decide then to let them go if you don't like what they've done.

Yagbod
09-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Prices appear to be frozen and relocation may still be in the fall. (from the email just sent out)

"Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January"

"In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs."

pdogg
09-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Just came through by e-mail from TFC - "Letter From Tim Lieweke".

It appears as though renewals will still take place this year, as well as relocation, but no money down until January. Not sure if that means you can back out in January if you aren't happy.

When I first joined Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment three months ago, our first priority was to bring a championship culture to the organization and all its teams, but Toronto FC was going to be one of our most important projects.

MLS Soccer is very near and dear to my heart, and in more than ten years with the L.A. Galaxy, I saw first-hand what it takes to build a championship team in this league. We want more than anything to reward your support of Toronto FC with a winning team, and as a result, we had to make some hard decisions yesterday to begin that process.

Kevin Payne and I go back many years and I have great respect for him as both a person and as a MLS General Manager. He and I mutually agreed that TFC would go in a different direction in our mission to build a winning team here in Toronto. We understand that there have been too many management changes with Toronto FC over the years, and as a fan, that turnover had to be frustrating. We thought long and hard about the impact of yet another change, but the bottom line was that not making a change was going to be even more frustrating for you.

Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January so that you can see our vision for the team, evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season. You deserve that respect and we want you to know that delivering on our promise to you for this team's future is paramount.

In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs.

When Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer, you created an environment here that was the envy of the League. We know that you want to support this team and we want to build a team here that restores the excitement.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to making Toronto FC a team that you can be proud of.

Canary10
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Just came through by e-mail from TFC - "Letter From Tim Lieweke".

It appears as though renewals will still take place this year, as well as relocation, but no money down until January. Not sure if that means you can back out in January if you aren't happy.

Think you can based on this: "...evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season."

pdogg
09-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Think you can based on this: "...evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season."

If it's for the sake of getting relocation in before the weather turns, it seems kind of pointless. Even if I wasn't planning on renewing in October, I would probably say yes, just to see what happens over the following months. This could mean less relocation opportunities and possibly more empty pockets next year.

And I might be a bit cynical, but unless I see something very close to "cancel without penalty", I'm going to assume you can't back out freely. But again, just me being cynical and untrusting.

Canary10
09-05-2013, 03:45 PM
If it's for the sake of getting relocation in before the weather turns, it seems kind of pointless. Even if I wasn't planning on renewing in October, I would probably say yes, just to see what happens over the following months. This could mean less relocation opportunities and possibly more empty pockets next year.

And I might be a bit cynical, but unless I see something very close to "cancel without penalty", I'm going to assume you can't back out freely. But again, just me being cynical and untrusting.

Yeah, there would definitely be no reason to say you are not renewing in October whether you intend to or not.

TorCanSoc
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Year Negative One pricing would've been better. But at least he gets that any kind of a price increase right now would be suicide.

All he's done is buy himself time before people commit to saying no. So in October we commit to the SSH ticket, then don't get ding'ed until January? Or don't commit at all, then he gets some huge signing, then increases the prices?

I'm skeptical because this is something MLSE would do. I don't think Liewike is that stupid though.

GTA_WOLF
09-05-2013, 04:09 PM
The poor new GM has 3 months to put together a squad that will give us STHs some level of confidence going forward.....Good Luck with that To-Do list!!!

bones
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
What I find interesting in the email is the statement about "holding the prices flat". hmmmm, TL was directly asked about pricing in today's media call thingy and he said he does not know what they are doing with the pricing. Ok so you take both of these pieces of info for what they're worth and raise a spockien eyebrow then ask yourself, why did he say in his media call that the reasoning was to hold off on the money portion of the renewal to prove their worth, that "a marketing plan won't work this time" and yet here we read a mass email that specifically aims to be a personal type letter from Tim (I can call him Tim because obviously he sent me an email directly *cough) with information clearly stating pricing information...hmmm, he either knew and said he didn't or the email is a marketing tool when he said it wasn't going to work... but he can't have it both ways :( I guess this attempt at reaching out to the customers has me, uhhh, holding my wallet.

OgtheDim
09-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Raising the price after a signing would mean a two tier system based on old SSH and new ones starting next year; it would create needless confusion in their renewal systems. I suspect a price freeze means a price freeze for both old and new. At least I'm hoping so.

GTA_WOLF
09-05-2013, 04:14 PM
It's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this club (probably more like 3 or 4 steps back). Not sure how many more step backs we can take before this thing falls off the cliff (got to be close now!). MLS FO must cringe every time they hear that TFC has scheduled a news conference.

Sec222_fan
09-05-2013, 04:36 PM
So "Reinforcements aren't coming", still coming, or what? Someone explain to me how marquee DP's are suddenly available after transfer windows have closed? When are trades allowed again in certain leagues?
Also - I have nothing against Nelson but if you had to fire the GM that brought him here for no obvious reason, why not be open to allow a new GM to make his own choice? What role does a GM play with this team? I don't understand how the new direction will suddenly become clear between now & January?

I think KP must have told TL to F* Off or something. Doesn't this whole set-up allow for more uncertainty next season as the new GM can point to Nelson as the problem if things aren't going well as it wasn't his choice.

Somehow everyone gets paid...

JonO
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
The e-mail clearly says that the prices are being kept flat. TL has mentioned that they would not change the prices in January (i.e. the prices would not be raised based on signings). Lastly (this is to Bones), he introduces himself as Tim - very personable guy

Yohan
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
copy of this said email?

bones
09-05-2013, 05:08 PM
JonO: yeah just like all the ones before him, because it's not a marketing tool at all.

Blizzard
09-05-2013, 05:17 PM
copy of this said email?

Thursday, September 5, 2013
Dear ________,

When I first joined Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment three months ago, our first priority was to bring a championship culture to the organization and all its teams, but Toronto FC was going to be one of our most important projects.
MLS Soccer is very near and dear to my heart, and in more than ten years with the L.A. Galaxy, I saw first-hand what it takes to build a championship team in this league. We want more than anything to reward your support of Toronto FC with a winning team, and as a result, we had to make some hard decisions yesterday to begin that process.
Kevin Payne and I go back many years and I have great respect for him as both a person and as a MLS General Manager. He and I mutually agreed that TFC would go in a different direction in our mission to build a winning team here in Toronto. We understand that there have been too many management changes with Toronto FC over the years, and as a fan, that turnover had to be frustrating. We thought long and hard about the impact of yet another change, but the bottom line was that not making a change was going to be even more frustrating for you.
Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January so that you can see our vision for the team, evaluate the moves we make this off-season for yourself, and then decide to be a part of TFC again for the 2014 season. You deserve that respect and we want you to know that delivering on our promise to you for this team's future is paramount.
In October we'll be following up and simply asking if you'd like to hold your seat location for 2014 at the same price as this season and without any financial commitment until the New Year. This information will enable us to conduct our annual seat relocation process and help us move people into seats that best suit their needs.
When Toronto FC joined Major League Soccer, you created an environment here that was the envy of the League. We know that you want to support this team and we want to build a team here that restores the excitement.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to making Toronto FC a team that you can be proud of.
Yours truly,
http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/4/Tim+signature.JPG
Tim Leiweke
President & CEO
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment

cwell
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
TL seems up front, as per "I’d rather go back to everyone and say keep your money until January and then we’ll come calling. Between now and then we better do a good job because I don’t think a marketing campaign is going to cut it this time." Doesn't seem the type to have this come back at him. Not that it matters, but personally I'd rather go with the team we've got playing on grass, than a team with a high-priced star playing on turf. In fact, I kinda like our team as it is, always hoping they'll get lucky, pull off some upsets and mature into a contender. Just need some help up front because I doubt if Urutti can deliver for a year or two.

Red CB Toronto
09-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I will be renewing regardless, I enjoy the games very much.

TorontoPat
09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
As has been stated if it appears the Argos are in, I'm out. At least the field appears professional

BuSaPuNk
09-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I was looking to finally pull the trigger on seasons this year. I've pretty much been at every game this year anyways. But the Argos and worrying about prices going up when they make there big announcement in January lol I'm torn.

But ill probably just do it. It can't get any worse can it?

Alonso
09-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I was looking to finally pull the trigger on seasons this year. I've pretty much been at every game this year anyways. But the Argos and worrying about prices going up when they make there big announcement in January lol I'm torn.

But ill probably just do it. It can't get any worse can it?

In Tim's letter to season ticket holders he made it clear that prices are staying the same: "Understanding the impact of this change on you, we decided to hold the prices flat and delay the TFC season seat renewal process until January"

jazzy
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM

TL said they will be having seat relocation sames as last year , allowing fans to find seats ' that best suit their needs '....after they request in October who will be 'holding' on to their seats...

BuSaPuNk
09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
We will see I hope not but its just hard to believe anything when it comes to dollar figures coming from ML$E

jazzy
09-05-2013, 06:17 PM

Price

Argos / field turf

also seat location....if my view/closeness to the field is altered in any way.......done. Therefore moveable sections are the only alternative if they Argoize the stadium. But , yes GRASS is a must . It's silly really , no world class player, DP, will want to come here with any form of turf.

Yohan
09-05-2013, 06:25 PM
It's silly really , no world class player, DP, will want to come here with any form of turf.
didn't stop Seattle from getting Martins and Dempsey

jazzy
09-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Realistcaly for the field you would make a move to that super turf mix that is part grass part turf. I think Arsenal use it.

But anyhow, price is the big factor (no increase) for next year. I think Agro talk is a long way out. The work itself would take an entire off season and I really cant see project planning and movement including construction being done by start of next season.

We will have to balance the long term vision with the short term.

Phil , call me crazy but I can't see how they don't raise prices next year,. esp with the 'holding' of the season's till January. They sign a big name and hope for a demand . Otherwise with no price increase why wait till January?...Don't think many would renege on renewals after holding out this long.

jazzy
09-05-2013, 06:37 PM
didn't stop Seattle from getting Martins and Dempsey

true but that is AMERICA.....and they had what over 60,000 at the first home game......TO so far pales as a destination , I feel , unfortunately in the soccer world.

AND thank-god we didn't sign either.......waaay to much $$$$ :)

Yohan
09-05-2013, 06:42 PM
true but that is AMERICA.....and they had what over 60,000 at the first home game......TO so far pales as a destination , I feel , unfortunately in the soccer world.

AND thank-god we didn't sign either.......waaay to much $$$$ :)
yeah but your objection was the turf. i proved otherwise ;)

I really think selling Toronto to a player is not a problem. it's selling TFC to a player that's the issue

TFC Cityboy
09-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I'll tell you what MLSE should do...offer a one season freebie to Day 1ers.
Likely tough to do given season 2 etc STHs would be pissed off, but it'd be one hell of a gesture.

Or if that's unworkable, offer a BMO Field credit on some kind of a pre-loaded debit card on a sliding scale depending on longevity.

Both would be huge gestures.

On a personal level, I need an assurance of grass and no pointy-ball lines as well as a degree of faith in whoever the new GM/Prez will be to renew.

I really want to renew as I love 115 but this club does not deserve my money nor my time. MLSE has created a template for how not to run a football club.

jazzy
09-05-2013, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:QUOTE=Yohan;1613955]yeah but your objection was the turf. i proved otherwise ;)

I really think selling Toronto to a player is not a problem. it's selling TFC to a player that's the issue[/QUOTE]

Yes of course , it's the organization.......esp heresay around the world , from disgruntled exMgmt/players.......still think the old turf , not hybrids, would maybe added incentive , the straw that breaks the camels back....Remember Dempsey got 8 million? per............he'd never get that anywhere. Money talks ?...:rolleyes:

TorontoPat
09-05-2013, 07:04 PM
The e-mail clearly says that the prices are being kept flat. TL has mentioned that they would not change the prices in January (i.e. the prices would not be raised based on signings). Lastly (this is to Bones), he introduces himself as Tim - very personable guy
So I wonder if you were a 1st year ssh last year do you pay the same rate again or do you pay the renewal rate?

TFC07
09-05-2013, 07:05 PM
So I wonder if you were a 1st year ssh last year do you pay the same rate again or do you pay the renewal rate?

renewal rate.

bignickel
09-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Likely tough to do given season 2 etc STHs would be pissed off, but it'd be one hell of a gesture.

Or if that's unworkable, offer a BMO Field credit on some kind of a pre-loaded debit card on a sliding scale depending on longevity.

Both would be huge gestures.

On a personal level, I need an assurance of grass and no pointy-ball lines as well as a degree of faith in whoever the new GM/Prez will be to renew.

I really want to renew as I love 115 but this club does not deserve my money nor my time. MLSE has created a template for how not to run a football club.

so you want your seasons tix for free, assurance of grass which they installed for 3 million bucks a few years back and no football lines ' in faith' from the new g.m.
and you are questioning their template for running a club??

TFC Cityboy
09-05-2013, 07:42 PM
so you want your seasons tix for free, assurance of grass which they installed for 3 million bucks a few years back and no football lines ' in faith' from the new g.m.
LOL yeah I get your point but gesture-wise it'd do the trick for many

GTA_WOLF
09-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Mo Edu paid for that grass.

TFCAURORA
09-05-2013, 08:42 PM
it would look kind of silly if the argos are playing in a stadium with all red seats.. someone gonna have to change their uniforms. i sure dont want any navy blue argos crap hanging around BMO field. it will just look and feel wrong.

nfitz
09-05-2013, 09:56 PM
it would look kind of silly if the argos are playing in a stadium with all red seats.. someone gonna have to change their uniforms. i sure dont want any navy blue argos crap hanging around BMO field. it will just look and feel wrong.

I'd think the Bank of Montreal would love to see us go Blue instead.

boozilla
09-05-2013, 10:39 PM
I'd think the Bank of Montreal would love to see us go Blue instead.
Why not?
bluepatchboys.ca is available.

Fort York Redcoat
09-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Why not?
bluepatchboys.ca is available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Canadian_Division

The blue patch has as much history to it.

I'm good with Red, though.

ryan
09-06-2013, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't put it past the club to overhaul and start as fresh as possible.

Although it seems more that clubs move to wearing Red, than away from it.

cmonyoureds
09-06-2013, 10:55 AM
I distrust them more than most but it's pretty obvious a renewal will be at the same price as last year.

I really have trouble reconciling the hard ass executioner executive with this pandering, cap in hand letter.
Unless maybe that Argo's sale/relocation goes through in February.

Slick
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
"Hold the prices flat". Is this the overall total or price per ticket? If it's the former, then technically, this translates to a price increase. I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS was looking at a reduced schedule (28 games) next season. Not sure if it's official yet. So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.

craz11
09-06-2013, 12:08 PM
"Hold the prices flat". Is this the overall total or price per ticket? If it's the former, then technically, this translates to a price increase. I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS was looking at a reduced schedule (28 games) next season. Not sure if it's official yet. So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.

THIS.

+1

Money grubbing MLSE at it's finest. Trying to stick it up our ass and tell us we like it.

OgtheDim
09-06-2013, 12:33 PM
... I'm sure I read somewhere that MLS was looking at a reduced schedule (28 games) next season. Not sure if it's official yet. So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.

I have my doubts that the reduction in games will go through.

The idea has not come from MLS. Its something sources say they are considering for the future. But the idea seems to be mostly floated by US Soccer types and their media supporters.

Until Don says it, it ain't happening.

Dave67
09-06-2013, 01:30 PM

Dropped my seats after season 5, but I think it would be a great gesture for the club to give a thank you gift to people who have kept seats since day 1. Doubt your getting free tickets but they could offer up free coaches to Montreal and Columbus for people who have held on for what will be 8 years. Maybe some free parking in a corporate sponsored '2007 club' parking area.

Marc"2L"
09-06-2013, 01:38 PM
That 2nd Div thing is perfect for anybody that jumps ship to Montreal.

Deserters to be shot btw. :p

nfitz
09-06-2013, 05:59 PM
So you're looking at a reduction of 3-4 games home games, but they're going to charge you the same total as 18 home games.Why assume they'd treat next year differently than any other year? They've always priced season tickets at price per game, and then calculated the final price accordingly.