PDA

View Full Version : Matchday 27: Toronto at Portland, Sat 07 Sept, 11:00pm

Yohan
09-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Portland is dangerous esp at Jeld Wen, but have only won once in their last 8 games...

Pint
09-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Will be in Vegas for this game. Going to try and find a place to watch/place a wager on this game. The next 2 will be tough with 3 starters away with the CMNT. I really hope we see convey or lambe in the middle with hall with Rey on the wing instead of russel starting.

pdubs
09-02-2013, 05:34 PM
hope we see earnshaw on the bench and urruti up top with weeds

BuSaPuNk
09-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah this is going to be a tough one. Road game on the west coast in a tough JeldWen stadium in Portland. Not to mention were missing 3 key guys in Osorio, Heney and Morgan.

Can't see us getting anything out of this point wise. But id like to see Urutti get 60-70 mins with Weeds and Rey and Elmer step into the lineup in a start. Time to see these guys play.

-------Bendik--------
--Elmer--Caldwell--Boss---Ecks --Convey-----Hall----Lambe---Rey
-----------Weeds-----
--------Urutti------

Love to see Manny Aparicio get some time in this game see what the kid has. Get him on for Hall or Lambe. And take off Weeds if he's not lighting the place on fire in the second half to see what Earnie and Maxi can do together.

Yohan
09-05-2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/09/injuries-starters-national.html

Portland has tons of injuries and national team call ups. Likely see Timbers C team than A team. jeez

hulkrogan
09-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I'll be there! So excited, my first MLS game. I just hope I get to celebrate a TFC goal. Anything more is gravy. I wouldn't mind Rey getting some more minutes this game, he's looked dangerous late.

Alonso
09-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm interested to see if there is a drastic player formation change....

Would that signal that Nelsen was playing a formation that he didn't want to play, or that Tim is doing just that now?

jloome
09-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm interested to see if there is a drastic player formation change....

Would that signal that Nelsen was playing a formation that he didn't want to play, or that Tim is doing just that now?

Probably wouldn't happen that quickly; they'd need time to work on it. Any good team has more than one formation though, so they might already have it in the backpocket, or been working on something without using it.

Interesting days. It's never boring being a TFC fan. It's never particularly happy, but it's never boring.

Initial B
09-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Timber's army will carry the day and we still have no real scorer. I say 1-0 for Portland.

hulkrogan
10-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I just thought I'd throw it in this thread that although this game was horrible, seeing a match in Portland was an amazing experience. Great stadium, and the Timbers army was jaw dropping. The was better than seeing a game in Estadio da luz in Lisbon, better than Bayern vs Werder Bremen at Allianz, and better than the Eurocup 1/4 final I attended.

Also I met Jeremy Hall's family, and they were all really great people. I was glad despite them travelling up for the slaughter that at least he got to start.