PDA

View Full Version : Asif Hossain Appreciation

Still Kicking
08-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Asif informed us through twitter last night that he is leaving TFC in September and taking on a role with Canadian Olympic Association. I understand his going on to a new challenge and wish him the best, but a part of my TFC heart does not want to let him go.

Asif was my first ticket rep. He sat next to my wife and I for part of a game in that first season. He soon went from ticket rep to TFC media everything.

I think of TFC's interest in new media as being directly connected to Asif.

I also feel that he has been an intelligent voice through these turbulent TFC years. He has been respectful of the club, we all have to be aware of our employer's needs and interests, but I always felt that he understood the thoughts and feeling of supporters, bloggers, die-hards and crack-pots. I will miss his contributions, but I also trust that he will be a TFC supporter for life.

Thanks Asif...

Canary10
08-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Asif informed us through twitter last night that he is leaving TFC in September and taking on a role with Canadian Olympic Association. I understand his going on to a new challenge and wish him the best, but a part of my TFC heart does not want to let him go.

Asif was my first ticket rep. He sat next to my wife and I for part of a game in that first season. He soon went from ticket rep to TFC media everything.

I think of TFC's interest in new media as being directly connected to Asif.

I also feel that he has been an intelligent voice through these turbulent TFC years. He has been respectful of the club, we all have to be aware of our employer's needs and interests, but I always felt that he understood the thoughts and feeling of supporters, bloggers, die-hards and crack-pots. I will miss his contributions, but I also trust that he will be a TFC supporter for life.

Thanks Asif...

Yeah, but has he written a profanity laced tirade against TFC supporters lately?

Just kidding, good luck to him. He'll be missed at TFC.

Phil
08-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks Asif for all the info and hard work over the years. All the best to him in his future job!

TFC07
08-29-2013, 09:30 AM
This sucks because he was one of few people in TFC that was actually good in his job.

Do you know what his role will be with Canadian Olympic Association?

Initial B
08-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Good luck in the new job, Asif.

It makes me wonder - if the good people are leaving, what does that bode for the quality of the FO staff that remain?

mowe
08-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Class act, and best of all actually understood football and its culture.

Wish him all the best.

WestStandGeoff
08-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Asif was also my first ticket rep. I feel bad for his successors in some ways, because he set high expectations.

tfcmanu
08-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Asif was also my first ticket rep..When I needed any type of Info he was there and always had answers, Good luck Asif.

OgtheDim
08-29-2013, 03:14 PM
I spent many a game last season ploughing through the various trolls on the in game message track. He was a voice of reason in the midst of it all.

denMAR
08-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Damn, he's one of the good ones.

Hustle
08-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Asif looked cooler 3 years ago. But didn't we all? His wife probably told him to calm down the sweet haircut so that Rachel wasn't all googly eyes over his sweetness. Good Luck Kid. I will remember your hair in 2011 the most.