PDA

View Full Version : Just got the invite for 1st Annual TFC Season Ticket Holder BBQ

Red CB Toronto
08-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Just received the invite for the first ever TFC season ticket holder bbq on Sunday June 8 at the KIA Training Ground. Looking forward to it.

Where: Kia Training Ground, 85 Carl Hall Rd.
When: Sunday September 8th from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
What we have planned: BBQ lunch, Interactive Fan Zone, family fun games, tours of Kia Training Grounds, live music and more.

Phil
08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
The tour of the grounds that I did last year was really good. If you want to see firsthand what all the players are raving about that alone is worth going for.

BuSaPuNk
08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Dam it would love to go to this, just to get a chance to see the inner workings of the training ground.,

Stupid not being a SSH lol

Joe Kool
08-21-2013, 01:51 PM
I am going. Why not...good to see the tour plus free food. Something to do on a Sunday afternoon if the weather is good. Too bad there is not much chance of the players being there with them playing in Portland the night before.

cmonyoureds
08-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Will they have cronuts? :D

Red CB Toronto
08-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Dam it would love to go to this, just to get a chance to see the inner workings of the training ground.,

Stupid not being a SSH lol
You can request as many as 5 guests plus yourself so if a member of the RPB family really wants to go and is not a season ticket holder we should be able to sort it out.

billyfly
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I hear Epic Burger is catering.

cmonyoureds
08-21-2013, 02:57 PM
You can request as many as 5 guests plus yourself so if a member of the RPB family really wants to go and is not a season ticket holder we should be able to sort it out.

I would love to go with the family.
If any SSH isn't using, or wants to request extra, please PM! I'd be eternally grateful.

burlington Red
08-21-2013, 03:34 PM
My rep just got back, and prices for hot dogs will be significantly cheaper than at BMO on match days.

BuSaPuNk
08-21-2013, 04:56 PM

If me and the wife can come with we can be anybody's date :) lol

khso11
08-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Good idea, looking forward to it!!!

Eastend
08-21-2013, 06:02 PM
My rep just got back, and prices for hot dogs will be significantly cheaper than at BMO on match days.

You're invited to a BBQ but you have to pay for the food? Really?

prizby
08-21-2013, 08:37 PM
this is why you get these types of events sponsored

Cashcleaner
08-21-2013, 11:49 PM
You're invited to a BBQ but you have to pay for the food? Really?

How could I have ever thought that we'd actually get some hot dogs and maybe a drink for free? I feel like such an idiot for forgetting how incredibly penny-pinching these greedy assholes can be. :facepalm:

Season Ticket Hold Barbecue! Come see our new training facility! Live entertainment, food, and refreshments!*

* Please note, lunch will be provided for a price. Offer void for fans living 75 miles outside Toronto.

Red CB Toronto
08-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Are we actually sure they are charging for food, that makes no sense at all for a season ticket holder event.

Huyton
08-22-2013, 03:40 AM
I'm surprised it's not strictly for Renewing SSHs.

Mark in Ottawa
08-22-2013, 06:08 AM
* Please note, lunch will be provided for a price. Offer void for fans living 75 miles outside Toronto.
Did they really say that about 75 miles??
What damn difference does that make?? If you are a SSH then ... well you just are.
Weird.

pdogg
08-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure where everyone is getting this info about paying for lunch or void for SSH 75 miles outside... Seems more like people are taking the piss out of MLSE and board members.

Here is the e-mail:

---------------
You're invited to the 1st Annual Season Seat Holder Backyard BBQ at the Kia Training Ground. Exclusively for Season Seat Holders and their families, this event gives us a chance to show our appreciation for your ongoing support of Toronto FC, while providing you with a fun-filled afternoon.

Details of the event are as follows:
When: Sunday September 8th from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
What we have planned: BBQ lunch, Interactive Fan Zone, family fun games, tours of Kia Training Grounds, live music and more.

Click here to RSVP and fill out the form by Friday, August 30th, 2013 at noon. We will send a confirmation e-mail on September 4th with further details and directions to the Kia Training Ground.
We look forward to seeing you there!
-------------

And the sign-up page:

Toronto FC Season Seat Holder BBQ

When: Sunday September 8th from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Details of the event: Tour of Kia Training Ground, BBQ lunch, Interactive Fan Zone, family fun games, live music and more.

The deadline to RSVP will be by Friday, August 30th 2013.

Form to fill out details

----------

Brooker
08-22-2013, 08:58 AM
You have to pay for the food and BBQ it yourself. Get innnnnnnnn!

OfficeGuy
08-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Soooooooooo...if anyone does not want or can't go - I would love to be able to attend - DM if you can.............Cheers!

jiforio
08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
I heard that EPIC burgers will be catering the event... Cronut burger anyone?!? Think I'll be bringing my own lunch, regardless of whether it's free or not.

TFC07
08-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't mind paying for the food IF the money was going to charity, but if they're charging us so they can make money off this event then it shows they haven't learn a damn thing in the last 7 years.

Cashcleaner
08-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Did they really say that about 75 miles??
What damn difference does that make?? If you are a SSH then ... well you just are.
Weird.

That was tongue and cheek on my part. But the remark about paying was mentioned by Burlington who was told by his ticket rep there is a charge.

Mark in Ottawa
08-22-2013, 04:30 PM
That was tongue and cheek on my part. But the remark about paying was mentioned by Burlington who was told by his ticket rep there is a charge.
I guess it's a sad commentary that I was so quick to believe that it could be the actual truth.

burlington Red
08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
I guess it's a sad commentary that I was so quick to believe that it could be the actual truth.

wow, didn't check this thread in a while, looks like it got a bit out of hand, there is no charge for anything

flatpicker
08-22-2013, 04:47 PM
wow, didn't check this thread in a while, looks like it got a bit out of hand, there is no charge for anything

See what you did?!!!
You can't go messin' with people's heads in this forum.

Ivy
08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
I'd like to be somebody's man date as well :)

smtavare
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Taking my 1.5 yr old, dad and wife to this.

If wife bails, man date spot will be available.

P.S. i Don't kiss on the first date lol!!