PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Scuffle

Southsider
07-19-2008, 11:47 PM
What was up with the post game festivities in 113? I couldn't tell what was going on from 224 with everyone around me running for the parking lot. :cool:

Ratven
07-20-2008, 12:18 AM
What was up with the post game festivities in 113? I couldn't tell what was going on from 224 with everyone around me running for the parking lot. :cool:

Same jackasses that caused trouble before throwing beer at Zak (megaphone guy) and other U-Sector members.

Blizzard
07-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Same jackasses that caused trouble before throwing beer at Zak (megaphone guy) and other U-Sector members.

... and coins!

Ratven
07-20-2008, 01:17 AM
... and coins!

Etc, etc, etc.

egoodwin
07-20-2008, 01:19 AM
we saw the douche get hauled off as we were headed out of 127... douche of the highest order indeed, had a smug look on his face as if he was proud of being a Grade A moron

yellowfellow
07-20-2008, 01:41 AM
During all this, I like how the 3 cops in front of 113 did absolutely NOTHING!

It was my first time in 113 and I thought the megaphone guy led a great chant (the one ended with T-O-R....). imo we need more of those.

Ratven
07-20-2008, 01:44 AM

It was my first time in 113 and I thought the megaphone guy led a great chant (the one ended with T-O-R....). imo we need more of those.

Zak does a great job, and he's really settled down into a rhythm of not using the megaphone excessively.

Flipityflu
07-20-2008, 03:14 AM

i've yelled at cops about doing that before. one rolled his eyes when i told them about a single female security guard in a crowd of angry boys. they decided to slowly make their way towards the incident. seriously, why are they here if they don't want to even bother paying attention or do anything about incidents like that. you know that cops prrsence tends to calm things down.

Kooper
07-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Was that the same guy that stands at the bottom of 113? Where are his seats?

Carts
07-20-2008, 08:22 AM
There was 3 police officers infront of 112/113 standing chatting during the small scuffle - one woman and two male officers...

The one male officer (who was about 6'2" and obviously no stranger to the gym) looked up and said out loud "...I'm not going up in there..."

You have to wonder, if you're BMO or the city or whoever is paying them, aren't you pissed...???

This wasn't a brawl or anything, more of yapping and a couple of scuffles. Most times, just the presence of an officer cools everything down - it ends it, but the officers openly refused to come in at first...

I just found that rather odd...

When they did come in, everything ended right away... They were polite and everything, we actually helped them up the railing... But I was suprised they didn't just come in, be seen, which ends all the nonsence usually in 2 seconds...

Carts...

TFC-4-Life
07-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I thinkt that the police just think that they are there to stop people from going on the field. If we can get the seat numbers of those people, the club said that they can cancel their tickets.

FluSH
07-20-2008, 10:09 AM
... and coins!

..and razor blades!!!

Wait no that was an episode of Oz...

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:10 AM
I bet if there was illegal beer drinking up in that section though they would have been in like Flint.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:12 AM

What do you want them to do? If you ask me, I think cops/ security should let the whole lot of drunken retards duke it out until they’ve exhausted themselves. Less struggle during the arrest too. Can’t blame the coppers on this one.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I bet if there was illegal beer drinking up in that section though they would have been in like Flint.

Yeah, cause they give a shit about illegal beer drinking?!

FluSH
07-20-2008, 10:20 AM
P.S. The cops were on a fcuking POWERTRIP that day... one of them looked at me and said "take off that mask buddy" and proceeds to yank off my bandana leaving me with a serious neck burn this morning... I don't care how but I wish I could press assault charges next time at these fuckers (Police officers) who come in and touch me for no fuckign reason!!!!

P.S. I wasn't even wearing my mask as usual (It's being Dry Cleaned as I left it soaking in a cooler by mistake during the Chicago trip and now..it smells like death) anyhow If this pigs would have asked nicely I would have given them my ID and taken off my bandana yesterday instead of them coming in and trying to jank shit off me.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:24 AM
^If you didn’t do anything, why do you think they felt the need to jank your bandana off your face? Why did they even touch you in the first place? Did they confuse you for someone else? Just doesn’t make any sense…

dag
I saw, from 110, that there were some kind of shenanigans going on in 113. I think, firstly, BMO security must appear on the scene and address the situation. From where I was (again, 110, so not best vantage point like you guys there, and I apoligise if I'm getting my facts wrong), I could only see one, then a couiple of minutes later, two security personnel. Maybe I'm wrong. Why did it take so long for security to arrive? They're the ones with the radios who should be calling each other for assistance.

But I agree. The police were just standing by the pitch for the longest time. They didn't seem willing to enter the stands, which would surely have been the best deterrant to things getting out of hand.

Fiin

Yah they do, were you at the tailgates when we were getting accosted?! How quickly people forget.

Oblio2
07-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Err...where have you been?
:noidea:

Fiin
Err...where have you been?
:noidea:

No shit eh. :rolleyes:

Oblio2
^If you didn’t do anything, why do you think they felt the need to jank your bandana off your face? Why did they even touch you in the beginning? Did they confuse you for someone else? Just doesn’t make any sense…

Thank you Mr. Policeman

FluSH
07-20-2008, 10:27 AM
^If you didn’t do anything, why do you think they felt the need to jank your bandana off your face? Why did they even touch you in the beginning? Did they confuse you for someone else? Just doesn’t make any sense…

That's right it doesn't.... I was just standing there and he looks at me and says "take off that mask buddy" and proceeds to yank it off my face !!!! It wasn't even a mask but one of those Canada Olympic bandanas... people around me saw the whole shit!! The same happened to my brother who was indeed wearing his mask.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:28 AM
That's right it doesn't.... I was just standing there and he looks at me and says "take off that mask buddy" and proceeds to yank it off my face !!!! It wasn't even a mask but one of those Canada Olympic bandanas... people around me saw the whole shit!! The same happened to my brother who was indeed wearing his mask.

Yer bro has bad luck with that shit eh man....
*Thinks back to the DC Subway ride*

FluSH
07-20-2008, 10:28 AM
P.S. You know what someone around me said I should have taken his badge number.... if this shit happens again I don't care how much it costs me but I'l l hire a lawyer to sue these fuckers who come in on a powertrip and rough me up just cause they are cops.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Yah they do, were you at the tailgates when we were getting accosted?! How quickly people forget.

Buddy, they have a job to do. You weren't being accosted if you were consuming alcohol on public grounds. You were being legally processed for breaking the law.

werewolf
07-20-2008, 10:29 AM
I thinkt that the police just think that they are there to stop people from going on the field.

Yet when someone runs on the field, its only the security guards that do anything, while the Police do what they do best at BMO...stand on the sides and talk on their radios while everyone else sorts it out.....What a waste of money....

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Buddy, they have a job to do. You weren't being accosted if you were consuming alcohol on public grounds. You were being legally processed for breaking the law.

You just proved the point right there, buddy.

They have a job to do. Last time I check breaking up fights is prolly in the "Serve And Protect" thing.. I hope..

Oblio2

HA HA HA...this guy HAS to be a cop....C'mon, from these posts...he's in love with the pigs!!!!

Blazer

Fuck man, you shoulda stayed on it and fucked that guy's career.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:31 AM
HA HA HA...this guy HAS to be a cop....C'mon, from these posts...he's in love with the pigs!!!!

I'm a school teacher you high school drop out factory worker.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Lol, I have no probs with cops at all... but fuck man, you cant have 1 w.o the other..

We bust ass for beer in a parking lot, but dont break up fights... that sounds just odd to me..

If I get nailed for drinking in public, its my darn fault for doing it, but you cant look the ither way for some and come down on others and want to be respected.

Anyways, I see where this will be going, so off to read MLSR.. ok.. no I wont, but this thread will just go down hill.

The Pope
07-20-2008, 10:32 AM
i was pretty surprised when the cop did that to Flush, we were no where near the scuffle.

The cop then screamed for us to all get out the stadium, even though he had all sorts of backup, he looked scared

They should train these people better

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 10:33 AM

Wow! now I don't have to try and like you, cheers!

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:33 AM

Name calling.. and you TEACH kids? Scary..

Dont forget either, that factory dropout still pays your wage.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow! now I don't have to try and like you, cheers!

I'd never ask you to.

werewolf
let's settle down with the personal attacks and focus on the issue at hand, you can disagree without the name calling.

Fiin

I can see them asking you to take it off Flush, only if something happens for facial recon. but physically removing it without provocation is wrong.

Oblio2
07-20-2008, 10:36 AM

HA HA HA...Nice try.
Im in too good a mood to get into a pissing match with you. Im not a drop out or a factory worker, although there is nothing wrong with working in a factory.
Sometimes, Teachers have such high opinions of themselves.....overpaid babysitters:p

RedRum
What I want to know is why doesn't MLSE revoke the guys' tickets? From what I understand there were multiple impartial witnesses who pointed out the shit thrower.

Blazer
Name calling.. and you TEACH kids? Scary..

Dont forget either, that factory dropout still pays your wage.

Ahhh, one of those guys. Real creative pally.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:37 AM
HA HA HA...Nice try.
Im in too good a mood to get into a pissing match with you. Im not a drop out or a factory worker, although there is nothing wrong with working in a factory.
Sometimes, Teachers have such high opinions of themselves.....overpaid babysitters:p

Lol, I do landscaping.. guess I am worse then a factory worker.. :D

RealG-TFC
A factory worker is a decent job.

Fiin
Ahhh, one of those guys. Real creative pally.

Comming from a guy who calls people names... golden. Anyways, its cool to disagree, but you can do it in a respectful manner.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:38 AM
A factory worker is a decent job. Considering a GM line working makes the avg of 65k - 85ka yr on the Oshawa plant.. I would agree!

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:38 AM
What I want to know is why doesn't MLSE revoke the guys' tickets? From what I understand there were multiple impartial witnesses who pointed out the shit thrower.

And yet the police are supposed to intervene and save the world?! LOL You question sums up this thread. Nobody, including those who were involved or saw what "might" have happened can even get their story straight. And yet still, it's all the po poes fault because they are supposed to be fair and accurate throughout. Goddamn fuzz. LOL

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:40 AM
And yet the police are supposed to intervene and save the world?! LOL You question sums up this thread. Nobody, including those who were involved or saw what "might" have happened can even get their story straight. And yet still, it's all the po poes fault because they are supposed to be fair and accurate throughout. Goddamn fuzz. LOL

I dont think so much personally I think it the cops fault, I just think they could have made a better effort stopping it. Its the people who picked its fault.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Comming from a guy who calls people names... golden. Anyways, its cool to disagree, but you can do it in a respectful manner.

Go back and re-read the chronology of messages. I asked Flush a question and was accused of being affiliated with TPS?! I was not being disrespectful.

I’ve been issued a ticket for drinking illegally in the lot, I have no reason to love them. But I have a reason to respect and acknowledge the job that they have to do and wouldn’t be so naïve to think everything that might have happened yesterday was their fault. Flush’s incident was unnecessary and very concerning, which is why I was asking about it. Others just decided to throw in their 2 cents.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Go back and re-read the chronology of messages. I asked Flush a question and was accused of being affiliated with TPS?! I was not being disrespectful.

I’ve been issued a ticket for drinking illegally in the lot, I have no reason to love them. But I have a reason to respect and acknowledge the job that they have to do and wouldn’t be so naïve to think everything that might have happened yesterday was their fault. Flush’s incident was unnecessary and very concerning, which is why I was asking about it. Others just decided to throw in their 2 cents.

I agree it was bullshite what happened to Flush.. I just pointed out they are quick to hand out the tickets to people drinking but dont want to get in a fracas.. to me anyways thats not good policing.

Its not their fault at all what happened, I doubt they were throwing stuff into 113 lol.

I just thought the name calling wasnt needed is all. Its all good lol, Sunday morning blase will do this after a hard result the night before.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I dont think so much personally I think it the cops fault, I just think they could have made a better effort stopping it. Its the people who picked its fault.

And did you see who "picked" it? No. So why the hell would they have seen it? And even if they caught a glimpse they can not do a whole lot other than see that it doesn't escalate. If it did/ does escalate, let it happen and the fuzz can make their way up there in the meantime and arrest all in the may lay. This is not a police issue nor a security issue. It happens everywhere. It's kids drinking too much and being stupid for no reason.

Phil
07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I am disturbed by what happened to Flush. I think its pretty much policy at these events that the cops never want to be the first ones in because the crowd can very easily turn. This thread pretty much proves that point - not many people like the cops and use thier presence to voice that very loudly.

As for the name calling and whatnot going on in this thread, can we tone it down?

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:48 AM
And did you see who "picked" it? No. So why the hell would they have seen it? And even if they caught a glimpse they can not do a whole lot other than see that it doesn't escalate. If it did/ does escalate, let it happen and the fuzz can make their way up there in the meantime and arrest all in the may lay. This is not a police issue nor a security issue. It happens everywhere. It's kids drinking too much and being stupid for no reason.

That is true.

From all accounts of people in 113 I know it started with some guys who dont like U-Secs drums and such throwing things the last few games at them, and today they finally had enough.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I am disturbed by what happened to Flush. I think its pretty much policy at these events that the cops never want to be the first ones in because the crowd can very easily turn. This thread pretty much proves that point - not many people like the cops and use thier presence to voice that very loudly.

As for the name calling and whatnot going on in this thread, can we tone it down?

Think its all good on that front now bro.

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM

may lay?

what do you teach, woodwork?

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
You gotta remember that in a court of law, hearsay and a lack of knowledge as to what happened is enough to discourage police from getting involved. Its a lot different when they catch you consuming alcohol and have proof beyond a reasonable limit to charge you. Fighting in crowds is so much different because nobody really knows what happened including the officers. They aren't going to jeopardize their credibility in front of a judge with a bunch of "I didn't see that part" or "he took the first swing" etc...it doesn't work that way.

Ryan1984
07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
my friend is a police officer for hamilton and when they do paid duty at a ticats game all they are there for is there presence and to make arrests. it is securitys responsibility to break up the scuffles and stop the guys form running on the field the police just make any arrests if the stadium wants to press charges.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:51 AM
may lay?

what do you teach, woodwork?

Isn't it a lathe?!

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:51 AM
my friend is a police officer for hamilton and when they do paid duty at a ticats game all they are there for is there presence and to make arrests. it is securitys responsibility to break up the scuffles and stop the guys form running on the field the police just make any arrests if the stadium wants to press charges.

There ya go.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:52 AM
You gotta remember that in a court of law, hearsay and a lack of knowledge as to what happened is enough to discourage police from getting involved. Its a lot different when they catch you consuming alcohol and have proof beyond a reasonable limit to charge you. Fighting in crowds is so much different because nobody really knows what happened including the officers. They aren't going to jeopardize their credibility in front of a judge with a bunch of "I didn't see that part" or "he took the first swing" etc...it doesn't work that way.

I aint asking for charges.. but when you see a brawl and such starting at a football match imo anyways stopping it quick is the best way.. and people seeing the police in there usually calms it quick....those little tussles can steam up quickly is why I thought it needed to be solved quick.

werewolf
07-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Thats fine, but having so many there is a waste of money if thats all they are going to do. How many people do they anticipate arresting? It was especially funny during the Canada Day game how many there were...they must have got paid holiday pay for that one...

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Isn't it a lathe?!

No I think the word you were looking for is melee

Shame it took a factory worker to tell you that.

Blazer
That's just it. Police get involved and start chucking innocent guys like Flush around and suddenly they are looked at as the instigators and shit turns against them. Not worth the risk. In stead, let all who want to fight engage and be there afterwards to issue charges. It's simple.

NateDoGG
they need to hire some REAL crowed control officers from europe, canadian cops dont know what the fuck to do.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
We shouldnt be even having to have this conversation anyways.. why the hell are TFC fans fighting amongst ourselves? Sure, we ahd a rough month.. were still miles better this yr..

Kevvv
07-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Thats fine, but having so many there is a waste of money if thats all they are going to do. How many people do they anticipate arresting? It was especially funny during the Canada Day game how many there were...they must have got paid holiday pay for that one...

Aren't they paid duty, meaning BMO field pays for them to be there?

Blazer
07-20-2008, 10:58 AM

Come on. Waste of money? There musta been what...give or take 35 inside of BMO? That's a fraction of 300+ that are working all over the city doing far less on any given day.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:01 AM
they need to hire some REAL crowed control officers from europe, canadian cops dont know what the fuck to do.

What would you liked to have seen from them? Is this about a lack of police presence or proper deterrence/ policing? Or is this about a couple of drunken fuck-wads who can’t hold their liquor and get balls twice their natural size when they’re under the influence? Seems like the ladder to me. Sell weed, not Carlsberg.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Aren't they paid duty, meaning BMO field pays for them to be there?

Assumedly BMO would pay for the percentage of what they own of the stadium. The rest, city owned - taxpayers dollars.

Cambridge_Red
07-20-2008, 11:06 AM

You're missing the point.

Cambridge_Red
07-20-2008, 11:08 AM
We shouldnt be even having to have this conversation anyways.. why the hell are TFC fans fighting amongst ourselves? Sure, we ahd a rough month.. were still miles better this yr..

With dumbasses and supporters mixed in the same section this was bound to happen. It's bullshit U-Sector has to put up with this.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:15 AM

When asked if I was a woodworking teacher.

A lathe (pronounced /ˈleɪð/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)) is a machine tool (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_tool) which spins a block of material to perform various operations such as cutting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting), sanding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanding), knurling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knurling), drilling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drilling), or deformation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deformation) with tools that are applied to the workpiece to create an object which has symmetry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotational_symmetry) about an axis of rotation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_rotation).

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:17 AM
You're missing the point.

No in fact, I think the point hasn't even been understood here. If you are suggesting "the point" is police choosing to harass harmless beer drinkers versus ding their job and getting involved during fight outbreaks you're kidding yourself.

Cambridge_Red
07-20-2008, 11:24 AM
No in fact, I think the point hasn't even been understood here. If you are suggesting "the point" is police choosing to harass harmless beer drinkers versus ding their job and getting involved during fight outbreaks you're kidding yourself.

oK you confirmed you missed the point. Don't teach in Waterloo region or parent teacher night will be very long night for you. P.S. It's factory workers that pay your wages. Think of that next time you are prejudicng.

GOATHEAD

djking2
07-20-2008, 11:28 AM

A lathe (pronounced /ˈleɪð/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)) is a machine tool (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_tool) which spins a block of material to perform various operations such as cutting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting), sanding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanding), knurling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knurling), drilling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drilling), or deformation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deformation) with tools that are applied to the workpiece to create an object which has symmetry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotational_symmetry) about an axis of rotation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_rotation).

fuck that I'm sure Red and I know what a lathe is and we know what a melee is.

Define "may lay" or shut the fuck up teach

Wagner
07-20-2008, 11:29 AM

ZING!!!
Winner by KO.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Haha...and who pays factory workers wages Einstein? Let me guess...the King's men?

Capital letters begin sentences and always double check your spelling. Grade 10 was the best 4 years of your life huh pally?!

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
ZING!!!
Winner by KO.

Actually, it was a play on words. Follow carefully:

I said “May lay”
He asked if I was a woodworking teacher
Referring to a lathe, which is a common shop (wood) tool I creatively replied.

Get it now?

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 11:42 AM

I was referring to your use of the term 'may lay'

Completely over your head wasnt it?

Just like that fight in the schoolyard where six kids are beating the hell out of each other, and your average teacher stands back and says. If it 'escalates' we'll intervene.

Rudi
07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Haha...and who pays factory workers wages Einstein? Let me guess...the King's men?

Capital letters begin sentences and always double check your spelling. Grade 10 was the best 4 years of your life huh pally?!
You do not want to be making fun of anyone's grammar.

Southsider
07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
God am I ever sorry I started this thread.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I was re-directing your lesser creative spell check with a play on words pally. Some call it a pun but I suppose I assumed too much from ya. It obviously sailed over not just your head so don't feel so bad.

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I was re-directing your lesser creative spell check with a play on words pally. Some call it a pun but I suppose I assumed too much from ya. It obviously sailed over not just your head so don't feel so bad.

Your wit and intellect are obviously much too sophisticated for a peasant like me.

I'm so pleased my kid's futures are in good hands though.

Nerepis
07-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Blazer, go back and reread the posts and you will see what is painfully aware to the rest of us reading this thread, you are embarrassing yourself. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Now can we get back to the topic at hand, the post game scuffle and stop this forum scuffling. "All for One."

Blazer
07-20-2008, 11:58 AM
You do not want to be making fun of anyone's grammar.

Go back are re-read the thread. He corrected my spelling of "may lay"...LOL, too funny...

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Blazer, go back and reread the posts and you will see what is painfully aware to the rest of us reading this thread, you are embarrassing yourself. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Now can we get back to the topic at hand, the post game scuffle and stop this forum scuffling. "All for One."

Why would I go back and read what I've been involved in for almost 3 hours?! LOL. Nice one.

I chimed in with an opinion that beer-chugging, police hating goons didn't like. Flush was unfairly treated and I asked why he thought this was so and thus thie whole gang up on Blazer thread started. LOL. Go check it out on page one. LOL.

cmonyoureds
07-20-2008, 12:05 PM
my question, while in no way passing judgement on the cops INSIDE the stadium, is why, when there was an escalation OUTSIDE the stadium, on PUBLIC property, did they not attempt to stop it? They stood inside the gates and watched in an "I'm not going out there" sort of fashion.

If I had opened a beer they would have written me a ticket. Do they get to pick and choose which PUBLIC PROPERTY laws they get to inforce? (and if you try to argue that the parking lot isn't public property, then you should also argue they don't have the right to issue tickets out there also.)

And the in house fights and beer throwing? Way to make us look good guys, we practically write the headlines for douchebag reporters ourselves on this one.

Jack
07-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Everyone move your hands away from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

Any more flaming or personal insults and the thread's done.

Assumedly BMO would pay for the percentage of what they own of the stadium. The rest, city owned - taxpayers dollars.

As far as I know, pay duty officers are off-duty officers who are paid by the organizer of the event to police the event and augment security. Not the same as the regular on-duty police officers who patrol around the stadium.

Nerepis
07-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Why would I go back and read what I've been involved in for almost 3 hours?! LOL. Nice one.

I chimed in with an opinion that beer-chugging, police hating goons didn't like. Flush was unfairly treated and I asked why he thought this was so and thus thie whole gang up on Blazer thread started. LOL. Go check it out on page one. LOL.

I too have read the whole thread, my comment was only directed at the whole "may lay/melee" mash-up, I was just throwing you a lifeline.:noidea:

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:10 PM
^I'm not at all challenging what you wrote but what specifically would you have liked the police to have done in the in-house situation?

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:12 PM

As far as I know, pay duty officers are off-duty officers who are paid by the organizer of the event to police the event and augment security. Not the same as the regular on-duty police officers who patrol around the stadium.

Yes, this makes sense Jack. Although they are "on duty", just not beat working "duty" rather event working "duty". 3 duties in two sentences.

Dirk Diggler
07-20-2008, 12:15 PM

Yes, because the city has shit load of money just rotting in their vault.

cmonyoureds
07-20-2008, 12:16 PM

this answers my question nicely, I withdraw the criticism of the in house guys. possibly their hands were tied in that situation.
Having said that, I now level that same criticism at the EXTERNAL officers who are there before the game. Assuming the two are different.

I would have liked the in house guys to perhaps wander up there to see what was going on at the very least. Especially after the LONE BMO security guard started waving for help. I'm sorry, but if you're being paid to ENFORCE ORDER, perhaps that might have been an opportune time to do your duty? What's the difference between disturbance in the stands and disturbance on the field? If those guys had made a break for it, rest assured we'd have seen some action.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I too have read the whole thread, my comment was only directed at the whole "may lay/melee" mash-up, I was just throwing you a lifeline.:noidea:

I certainly don’t need a lifeline from anyone in here pal. I'm in no trouble, LOL. This “click” (or clique for Exiled) is nothing short of cute.

I’ve stated my opinion and nobody liked it so big deal. It’s exactly what Canadian Bhoy said about this board. People struggle to accept opinions that are night and day from their own and work it into a fight.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
this answers my question nicely, I withdraw the criticism of the in house guys. possibly their hands were tied in that situation.
Having said that, I now level that same criticism at the EXTERNAL officers who are there before the game. Assuming the two are different.

I would have liked the in house guys to perhaps wander up there to see what was going on at the very least. Especially after the LONE BMO security guard started waving for help. I'm sorry, but if you're being paid to ENFORCE ORDER, perhaps that might have been an opportune time to do your duty? What's the difference between disturbance in the stands and disturbance on the field? If those guys had made a break for it, rest assured we'd have seen some action.

See now this makes sense. Finally. If you wanted police/ security to wander on up into the stands fair enough because they didn't do this. But to suggest that police/ security are awful and possibly the reason for the in house/ off property fighting is naive.

cmonyoureds
07-20-2008, 12:21 PM
What do you want them to do? If you ask me, I think cops/ security should let the whole lot of drunken retards duke it out until they’ve exhausted themselves. Less struggle during the arrest too. Can’t blame the coppers on this one.

Just out of curiosity, if that thing had escalated to 10, 20, 30, 50, would you have encouraged them to leave the area entirely until it "exhausted itself?"
This is not meant to be inflammatory, just wondering where you'd pick your spot on public safety. After all, you're paying their wages also.

cmonyoureds
07-20-2008, 12:23 PM
See now this makes sense. Finally. If you wanted police/ security to wander on up into the stands fair enough because they didn't do this. But to suggest that police/ security are awful and possibly the reason for the in house/ off property fighting is naive.

my point is that while they are not responsible or the reason FOR, they should be the reason for it NOT happening, or an integral part of STOPPING it, neither of which they were yesterday.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Just out of curiosity, if that thing had escalated to 10, 20, 30, 50, would you have encouraged them to leave the area entirely until it "exhausted itself?"
This is not meant to be inflammatory, just wondering where you'd pick your spot on public safety. After all, you're paying their wages also.

Sure, and your question is a valid one.

I’ve never been in a fight that I didn’t want to be in. That said, police should simply surround the escalation and let those who want out, out. Those who chose to stay involved can and watched from a distance being removed as needed and at a rate that police feel comfortable with. We don’t need officers injured while intervening. Not worth it.

You deserve to get your face smashed in if you choose to fight. Walk away otherwise.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:26 PM
my point is that while they are not responsible or the reason FOR, they should be the reason for it NOT happening, or an integral part of STOPPING it, neither of which they were yesterday.

You contradict yourself by saying they are not the reason for but should be the reason why there is no fighting?! You can't be kind of pregnant.

Jack
07-20-2008, 12:28 PM
My understanding is that the police let security handle it until security specifically calls them in.

From what I saw yesterday (I was stone sober) was that the security waved and the police went up. They are reluctant to wade into the crowd and only do so as a last resort.

Again, stating what I know of their policy, not defending whether it's right or wrong.

cmonyoureds
07-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Sure, and your question is a valid one.

I’ve never been in a fight that I didn’t want to be in. That said, police should simply surround the escalation and let those who want out, out. Those who chose to stay involved can and watched from a distance being removed as needed and at a rate that police feel comfortable with. We don’t need officers injured while intervening. Not worth it.

You deserve to get your face smashed in if you choose to fight. Walk away otherwise.

Thank you.
Unfortunatley that's exactly what they DIDN'T DO, and thus the basis for very valid criticism and job performance review of yesterday. I would have fired them for not performing their duties in a very obvious and public way. I would also have made sure there were different ones assigned next time as they SHOULD be serving the purpose.

Cheers.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:30 PM
^This is exactly how they conduct themselves and SHOULD be how they conduct themselves.

cmonyoureds
07-20-2008, 12:31 PM
You contradict yourself by saying they are not the reason for but should be the reason why there is no fighting?! You can't be kind of pregnant.

Badly worded?

They were not the reason for crowd trouble.
They should however be the reason for crowd trouble NOT occuring.

They are not instigators, they should be preventative measures.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Thank you.
Unfortunatley that's exactly what they DIDN'T DO, and thus the basis for very valid criticism and job performance review of yesterday. I would have fired them for not performing their duties in a very obvious and public way. I would also have made sure there were different ones assigned next time as they SHOULD be serving the purpose.

Cheers.

I think a lot was made of really nothing. Just a bunch of tough guys not willing to give er. If there were big problems and police did not involve themselves I think the scrutiny would have been deserved. But nothing serious happened and they made the right decisions in the end to remain uninvolved.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Badly worded?

They were not the reason for crowd trouble.
They should however be the reason for crowd trouble NOT occuring.

They are not instigators, they should be preventative measures.

Police should serve the roles of deterrent and last measure crowd control when all else fails. That’s it. I don't think there was a crowd control issue.

gardooney
07-20-2008, 12:38 PM
My understanding is that the police let security handle it until security specifically calls them in.

From what I saw yesterday (I was stone sober) was that the security waved and the police went up. They are reluctant to wade into the crowd and only do so as a last resort.

Again, stating what I know of their policy, not defending whether it's right or wrong.

I saw the same and they were right in front of us. They watched and only when the security guy started waving at them did they make for the stands. I don't blame them at all for not wanting to go up into a sea of drunken guys itching to fight.

FluSH
07-20-2008, 12:43 PM
This thread has gone to the pits... real fast.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:47 PM
This thread has gone to the pits... real fast.
No, it's righted itself now. The necessary trolls have departed. There seems to be a divide on how police conducted themselves yesterday. Some feel that they didn't need to get involved and others believe that they were the reason for the outbreak of scuffles?!

ilikemusic
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
If police intervene too fast people complain that theyre trying to rule with an iron fist and are infringing on the atmosphere.

If police dont intervene fast enough theyre lazy no-good pigs who dont do anything to earn their paycheque.

Seems like a lose-lose situation.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 12:54 PM
If police intervene too fast people complain that theyre trying to rule with an iron fist and are infringing on the atmosphere.

If police dont intervene fast enough theyre lazy no-good pigs who dont do anything to earn their paycheque.

Yup. Solution = Intervene when serious public safety is threatened only. Simple fight...let them dance and pay for it when the numbness of the drink wares off.

Nerepis
07-20-2008, 12:57 PM

amen

FluSH
07-20-2008, 12:57 PM
http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?p=95862#post95862

Shameless plug on this thread!!!

Blazer
07-20-2008, 01:07 PM
What were the lyrics to that new chant being sung yesterday anyway? I tried asking you from 111 but couldn't read lips.

The Pope
07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
What were the lyrics to that new chant being sung yesterday anyway? I tried asking you from 111 but couldn't read lips.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=2831

Blazer
07-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Riiiight.

ExiledRed
07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I certainly don’t need a lifeline from anyone in here pal. I'm in no trouble, LOL. This “click” (or clique for Exiled) is nothing short of cute.

Utter bollocks.

To say I'm part of any clique is pathetic.

I ripped on you because of your ignorant comments about factory workers like myself.

Anybody else who jumped in did so for their own reasons.

At risk of being called a troll again, I'm out.

Cambridge_Red
07-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I was upset with the factory worker remark and keep my word on that. Teachers are of extreme value, but get off your high horse.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 02:18 PM
This suckers still going? Yowza!

TFC Cityboy
07-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I had my day ruined by a bunch o' muppets I'd never seen before but have let it go so it only ruined one day of the weekend rather than both.
Shit day, let's move on.
no offence...if you pardon the rather dudious pun with our attack!
:0

Jack
07-20-2008, 03:09 PM
This suckers still going? Yowza!

Nope, it's done.