PDA

View Full Version : "This Is Our House"

TFC 420
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Has anyone seen the new BMO commercial with the "all new" this is our house song. I can't stand it. Sounds absolutly nothing like the chant at the match.

werewolf
07-19-2008, 11:23 PM
I heard it at the stadium before the game...they really seem to be milking it...kind of killed the idea combined with it being overused at the stadium. We don't even hang the banner anymore...

Daveisonfire
07-19-2008, 11:23 PM
I would rather sing their version than the one that currently rings around the stadium (handi-cap)...
Call me crazzyy!:willy_nilly:

bimmer
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Seems quite redundant to remind everyone that it is our house when everyone clearly knows that it IS our house?

Bobo
07-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Seems quite redundant to remind everyone that it is our house when everyone clearly knows that it IS our house?

Self-doubt.

Kooper
07-20-2008, 07:47 AM
I heard it at the stadium before the game...they really seem to be milking it...kind of killed the idea combined with it being overused at the stadium. We don't even hang the banner anymore...

That is one chant that should be saved for when we are winning. We can't lay claim to our house when they come in there and take points. It's like telling a robber that you own the place as he takes off with your TV. This is something that really bothers me. It was great when someone in 113 started the chant and was alone.

This is our House
No one thinks so

RealG-TFC
07-20-2008, 09:24 AM
What pisswes me off is that it seems that the south section is full of supporters, yet mlse hasn't given you guys permission to kick the casuals out.

reggie
07-20-2008, 10:00 AM
We need a new chant "this is our field turf"

stretchthetruth
07-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Did anyone see the Rogers Ad in the east concourse? It said something like "this is our house" and then pitched their "total home" package or whatever the fuck its called... in fact, i think JimmyB is sitting on the field enjoying his internet, tv and home phone - oh and cell phone - all at the same time! Rogers can eat me.

Hooligan69
07-20-2008, 06:11 PM
The fact that people insist on chanting "this is our house" when we're at home in BMO gives me a severe headache since it's an away chant. Nobody seems capable of comprehending that though.

Razcle
07-20-2008, 06:26 PM
The fact that people insist on chanting "this is our house" when we're at home in BMO gives me a severe headache since it's an away chant. Nobody seems capable of comprehending that though.

And you call yourself a hooligan. You sound more like a cry-baby that should carry around a bottle of Asprine everywhere you go if that's what give you headaches.

People sing it at BMO to remind the boys on the field that this is our house and play for the three points.

rocker
07-20-2008, 06:28 PM
it's not a matter of comprehending anything.
the english language is multifaceted, and saying "this is our house" at BMO is a positive chant of affirmation. It's like singing "Our Town" at BMO (which people wanted to do....). it's the celebration of our town.

On the road, it's a sarcastic insult.

I like both the positive side of it, and the insult side.

When an opponent is strutting, it's the perfect chant to bring them down to earth.
I actually heard some NFL players on NFL Films using this chant in their own home as a way to pump up their teammates.

I also heard the most adorable 5 year old girl chanting THIS IS OUR HOUSE last game.. the kiddies seem to like it :)

mclaren
07-20-2008, 06:29 PM

In fairness, it started out as a home chant. I do agree with you however that it's best as an away chant. Although I don't like it tbh.

Hooligan69
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
And you call yourself a hooligan. You sound more like a cry-baby that should carry around a bottle of Asprine everywhere you go if that's what give you headaches.

It's funny that you actually think it gives me a headache.

People sing it at BMO to remind the boys on the field that this is our house and play for the three points.Perhaps someone should remind our boys on the field how to play like a team determined to win every game instead of going through the motions for 90 minutes.

TorCanSoc
07-20-2008, 07:09 PM
We need a new chant "this is our field turf"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

greatwhitenorf
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I always wonder if there's a certain segment of supporters who just want to be so out front of everything when it comes to chants. You want to make a big noise, but get upset somehow when other parts of the stadium get into it, join in and even initiate their own bit of noise.

So it's off to create a new chant that will lend an air of exclusivity to what you do and you can look down through your noses at the little people who haven't caught on to this week's new chant. At least that's how it seems.

At any given game, there's a lot of people attending their first game, or are just getting into everything. Simple chants like "We're all together", 'Our house", T-F-C(boom-boom-boom) and the like really help to get the place warmed up and ready to lend support to chants.

No one should be getting cranky about using them. They're basic building blocks.

Heathen
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I hate TIOH, its a baseball tune ffs

Azerban
07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I hate TIOH, its a baseball tune ffs

yes, perhaps a couple more songs to the tune of go west or la donna e mobile will show those baseball tune singing fucks whats what

Razcle
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
It's funny that you actually think it gives me a headache.

Perhaps someone should remind our boys on the field how to play like a team determined to win every game instead of going through the motions for 90 minutes.

Well you are not very good at internet sarcasm. But I agree with Rockers post above its not a matter of comprehension. It is a matter of making this a hostile place for opposing players and one way to do that is unite the fans under one roof.

iansmcl
07-21-2008, 12:19 AM
I liked using it at BMO when we buried players in streamers or what not. Otherwise I save it for the road.

egoodwin
07-21-2008, 12:26 AM
could be appropriate on Thursday, if we can not resist the urge to chant...

pubboy
07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
could be appropriate on Thursday, if we can not resist the urge to chant...
Agree 100%. Everyone should chant this, and be loud and proud on Thrusday just to show MLS that we are Toronto FC, and they need to sit up and listen !:canada:

Oldtimer
07-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Agree 100%. Everyone should chant this, and be loud and proud on Thrusday just to show MLS that we are Toronto FC, and they need to sit up and listen !:canada:

No way. I'm with Jack that we need to do our silent protest. It's too important to do this so that the Argos never come to BMO Field. I'll be sitting on my rear-end, prawn sandwich in hand. I may golf-clap an excellent goal by either side.

iansmcl
07-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Can't stand this commercial...

but...

If "this" is BMO's house... could they spring for real grass? ;)

Corcai
07-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't know.

Chanting this at home matches is akin to being a 90 year old man wearing a postcard showing your name, address, and phone number (and please call Shirley should he get lost) around your neck tied with string, with both pockets filled with duplicates.

Hmmm BMO on the Jersey, BMO is the name of the stadium.......I'm pretty sure even Blanco can connect the dots on that one.

zeelaw
07-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Commercial is soome tacky ass shit.

Sonny Cheeba
07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
i'm gonna get an RPB shirt, rip the sleeves off, get some black and red shoelaces for my arms, and polish flag tattoos for under my eyes for the next game i make it to.

anyone else want to participate?

Bobo
07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
I almost feel like writing to BMO. That chant was always one to get old quickly but they absolutely massacred it with a gay theme song and ridiculous 'fans'. I feel insulted.