PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC Acquires Urruti

MartinUtd
08-16-2013, 01:01 PM
It's over, it's finally over!! Seriously this is up there with any of England's messiest transfers.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/torontofc-signs-urruti

TORONTO - Toronto FC announced Friday that the club has acquired Argentine striker Maximiliano Urruti. As per club and league policy terms of the deal were not disclosed. He will be added to the roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).

Obligatory:

He'll tear this league apart

Fort York Redcoat
08-16-2013, 01:03 PM
He'll improve the team. That's as far as I'm going. Is he playing tomorrow? Next week?

OgtheDim
08-16-2013, 01:03 PM
That "first shirt" video is kinda weird.

MartinUtd
08-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Hoping he'll get minutes in Columbus. Somebody mentioned on here that he's traveling with the team... so hopefully a 10-15 minute debut.

ag futbol
08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Formation... anyone?

----Earnshaw-----Urruti------------
Convey--Osorio-----Laba---------Rey
Elmer----Henry---Caldwell-------Ecks
-------------Bednik------------------

Lot of unknowns in there, but at least we have something to look forward to for once. Even better, we still have money to spend in the next window.

ManUtd4ever
After all that, this thread seems anticlimactic, LOL. I'm glad it's official though, and I think he'll be a solid addition to the young nucleus of the roster moving forward.

TFC_Allez
I'm looking forward to this. With half a season left and the playoffs more than likely out of the picture, this will be the perfect time for him to adjust to the league and get ready for next season. I like this, provided he can live up to even just a fraction of the hype that's been around him.

Detroit_TFC
08-16-2013, 01:10 PM
^ Absolutely. Having him in place for preseason is massive. I expect we'll have some other players coming in January, really needed him now to smooth that out.

Phil
08-16-2013, 01:11 PM
That "first shirt" video is kinda weird.

Thats an understatement.

Damien
08-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Look, he's holding up the Jersey too!

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/620x350/image_nodes/2013/08/maxi620-081613.jpg

AlanO
08-16-2013, 01:15 PM
John Molinaro article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/molinaro-toronto-fc-signs-forward-urruti/

Sounds like Laba put in a good word for the club.

ag futbol
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Thats an understatement.
They need to take that shit down and the club needs to think more as a collective.

The GM / Manager are saying he'll need to take time to adjust while the marketing people are putting up videos that are just putting more hot air under expectations.

OgtheDim
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Vic Rauter is going to love his name.

I suspect a chorus of yuruuuuuuuutee will become a standard at games.

tfc007
08-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey guys here is a youtube link on urruti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CVh8hBMJJg,If if he scores like in this video, he will be loved by the faithfull or he will be another Pablo vitti

Suds
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
now what? :hide:

g:D

Phil
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey guys here is a youtube link on urruti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CVh8hBMJJg,If if he scores like in this video, he will be loved by the faithfull or he will be another Pablo vitti

I hate to be a debbie downer here, but do you guys see the service he gets?

We need some major upgrades to compliment his style of play.

MartinUtd
08-16-2013, 01:39 PM

Hoping Rey can provide some of that. I'm sure Laba will be up for providing good service as well. If you recall at the beginning of the season, Matias was missing a lot of passes due to our forwards not reading the play and being out of position. If these two can develop some good chemistry, we'll see much better service. Right now Laba has had to adjust his game to compensate for the level of talent in front of him.

Also, I have confidence in Convey for the time being.

ensco
08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Non DP young Sourh Americans has to be the way to go.

I congratulate Payne and Nelsen on this.

Here's hoping the guy can play, and that we have options if he can't.

Kaz
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
meh... waiting til I see him play

Damien
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM

On the flip side he's up against less talented defenders.

Phil
08-16-2013, 01:48 PM
On the flip side he's up against less talented defenders.

Good point. That wears off fast in the MLS as the tackles will come. As for the other point, I am hopeful Rey and Laba will be able to provide service but I think we should consider moving Morgan up to wing while we find more wing talent.

Dv23
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
I sense a huge disturbance in the force. As if thousands of bitchy, complaining voices suddenly cried out in terror and were silenced.

Ageroo
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I sense a huge disturbance in the force. As if thousands of bitchy, complaining voices suddenly suddenly cried out in terror and were silenced.

There will be other disturbances in the force.....just wait for it....haha...but always love a good Star Wars reference.

Detroit_TFC
08-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Look, he's holding up the Jersey too!

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/620x350/image_nodes/2013/08/maxi620-081613.jpg

boom!

Marc"2L"
08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
That video isn't for us.

We know it will take time, if you're still casual and look at the website and their stuff, you'll probably be happy knowing he is just getting adjusted, because you watch the interview with RN too. Still, get excited.

Laba had never scored a goal, and danced around a weak MLS defence. If it wasn't for a goal line clearance, his first finish would of gone in. I don't know, but it's the first time in a while I genuinely feel he could tear this league apart...:lol:

So help us god

Fort York Redcoat
08-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I sense a huge disturbance in the force. As if thousands of bitchy, complaining voices suddenly cried out in terror and were silenced.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvZqvl1LevnGmQeEyNo9ys8Ppv8OVZj ZWJRk93DfyBojWCXqoh

Brilliant.

TFC_Allez
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I fully admit to being one of those bitchy, complaining voices. My bitching and moaning has been silenced. These guys clearly have a vision for this team now and it may not happen this season, but at least its visible that we're getting on the right track. Hopefully this is a sign of more positives to come.

Marc"2L"
08-16-2013, 03:09 PM
http://t.co/Sfb1Wrg8Lx

Laba bromance is off to a running start.

Walms
08-16-2013, 03:17 PM
ahhh and I was just starting to #GetUsed to this drama

PopePouri
08-16-2013, 03:26 PM
http://t.co/Sfb1Wrg8Lx

Laba bromance is off to a running start.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/molinaro-toronto-fc-signs-forward-urruti/

“I managed to get Matias’ phone number back home and I did make contact with him,” Urruti said. “Once I spoke to Mati with respect to the (team) and the quality of the organization, it really settled me down, and made it an easy choice for me.”

JayMolly
08-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I fully admit to being one of those bitchy, complaining voices. My bitching and moaning has been silenced. These guys clearly have a vision for this team now and it may not happen this season, but at least its visible that we're getting on the right track. Hopefully this is a sign of more positives to come.

I agree with this comment. Looking for more positives . . .
However, being the skeptic I am, this gives ML$E the opportunity to raise SSH prices!

Redcoe15
08-16-2013, 04:55 PM

Fuckin' THIS.

v00d00daddy
08-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Awesome news. Hopefully he can spend the rest of this season getting used to his teammates and the league and come out roaring next year.

Now we need a midfield general and things may actually turn around for this club.

Corpand
08-16-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm just glad this fiasco is finally over. There were way too many hands in the cookie jar for this deal. It felt like when a rich inheritance is passed down to the kids and they are all ripping it apart, trying to take as much as they can for themselves.
I just want to finally see some headed goals from corners. Urruti will make sure that happens at least.

NolbertoS
08-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Glad Urrutigate saga is over, now onto winning at TFC. I wanna see a MLS championship before the Raptors and Maple Leafs win one someday. TFC should be hounding a Forlan or Ronaldinho type player now.

BuSaPuNk
08-16-2013, 06:04 PM
About time this sideshow of a signing stopped. Glad he's on board hope he plays as good as Payne thinks he is after chasing him for a few years.

I really like how things are starting to fall into place. Hopefully we can keep the majority of this squad together for the remaining part of the year and into next season.

Dave67
08-16-2013, 08:01 PM

lol - 2 days ago I was offered a partial pack for the last 3 games of the season with the promise of jumping over a portion of the 'waiting list' so.. whatever.

Detroit_TFC
08-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I was impressed to see in Molinaro's article how Laba talking to Urruti settled him on the move. I hope that is a positive indication of how Laba is feeling about how things are going.

69Chevy396
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Signing him appears to be a good thing, we will see. A number of comparable players Have signed with other MLS teams, lets hope improving TFC remains a priority for Payne.

jloome
08-16-2013, 10:28 PM

Amusing but mixed metaphor, since the poor folk on Alderaan were supposed to be the good guys.

Strong with the dark side this one is.

Abou Sky
08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that he looks like a mega douche?

Not saying he is, not saying anything about quality, but he has an air of supreme douchyness about him.

Redcoe15
08-16-2013, 11:32 PM

Not saying he is, not saying anything about quality, but he has an air of supreme douchyness about him.

If he is successful on the pitch for TFC, then he can douche it up all he wants.

TFC07
08-16-2013, 11:32 PM

Because of his hair? lol He has bit of "swag" based on youtube clips I have seen. I have no problems with that as long he plays well for us.

ensco
08-16-2013, 11:44 PM
He looks like Dave Keon. Someone else poinetd it out first.