PDA

View Full Version : Part-Time Supporter?!!!

Limestone
07-19-2008, 09:57 PM
OK, this has to be done. At about 86' of today's match some wankers in 113 started in on me about being a part-time supporter because they thought I was leaving early. Truth be known, I was. I had to catch a train in order to catch another train back to Kingston. I left Kingston at 9:00 this am to get to the game and I am a Seasons Ticket Holder. It usually costs me about $150.00 every game I come to. This is the same for many other supporters. So why are some douchebags who know nothing about what people have to do to get to and from these games giving anyone grief? I have never supported the practice of taunting people because they leave early. They bought the ticket and should be free to do what they please. I am a full-time supporter and those shit samples are full-time losers. If they were RPB I would encourage them to contact me so we can clear the air. Rant over.

James Oliphant
07-19-2008, 10:00 PM
If this is the worst thing that happened to you today, well...count yourself lucky.

Oblio2
07-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Dude. Coming from Kingston, thats fucking hardcore.....

Limestone
07-19-2008, 10:01 PM
true that I suppose, just pisses me off is all.

MG42
07-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I am a full-time supporter and those shit samples are full-time losers.

best line of the day!!!!!

tfc_4_ever
07-19-2008, 10:13 PM
best line of the day!!!!!

Your actually really hardcore to travel from kingston. So how long are your travels from kingston to BMO. Also how do you make the week day games :eek:?

Cashcleaner
07-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the world of TFC fanaticsm - Where people judge and question your loyalties if your actions don't fit without their own pigeonholed concept of proper support.

kdzb
07-19-2008, 10:26 PM
You don't need to give an explanation to anybody about anything.
You come see the game when you want and leave when you want.
The day these stupid people pay for your transportation and your STH then they can complain that you left early.
This is just starting to be a fucking joke to judge a fan because he left early.

Ratven
07-19-2008, 10:28 PM
The fact of the matter is that you're in the minority, and are one of the few that ISN'T a part time supporter of the people that leave early. However the majority of people are just leaving to beat the traffic and what not, and don't really care to stay for the team. I didn't chant against you, and don't normally chant the Part Time Supporter chant, but I fully support it, because it makes life rougher for those that aren't real supporters, and anything that makes life in the bunker harder on them, makes it that much likelier for them to switch out to another section in the offseason and open seats up for real fans.

So really, I'm sure you're smart enough to see the reason behind the chant, and realize that you're not the one they're chanting at, that is of course until you turn around and give everyone the finger (I assume it was you, saw some dude walking out with an RPB scarf doing this)... at that point you draw attention to yourself.

Limestone
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
The fact of the matter is that you're in the minority, and are one of the few that ISN'T a part time supporter of the people that leave early. However the majority of people are just leaving to beat the traffic and what not, and don't really care to stay for the team. I didn't chant against you, and don't normally chant the Part Time Supporter chant, but I fully support it, because it makes life rougher for those that aren't real supporters, and anything that makes life in the bunker harder on them, makes it that much likelier for them to switch out to another section in the offseason and open seats up for real fans.

So really, I'm sure you're smart enough to see the reason behind the chant, and realize that you're not the one they're chanting at, that is of course until you turn around and give everyone the finger (I assume it was you, saw some dude walking out with an RPB scarf doing this)... at that point you draw attention to yourself.

I appreciate your candor and your comments. It was indeed me who gave the finger, but not to everyone-just to those who were pissing me off. Hopefully others didn't take that as being meant for them. I did try and explain to those few people who were chanting against me why I was leaving, but obviously they were to caught up in their self-rightousness. In retrospect I shouldn't have bothered explaining, nor should I have provoked them by giving them the finger. I simply refuse to let others dictate how I should be a supporter.

Stryker
07-19-2008, 10:44 PM
I fully support it, because it makes life rougher for those that aren't real supporters, and anything that makes life in the bunker harder on them, makes it that much likelier for them to switch out to another section in the offseason and open seats up for real fans.

Ethier that or they'll just not bother coming to games all together.

Red Patch boys account for what 4000ish tickets a game? I hardly think the club can afford to pick and choose whom they sell tickets to. Especially at this point in this young franchises life. Or would you rather have had the seats empty all together.

While I can appreciate your zealous I think everyone has the right to enjoy a game and or leave at the time of thier choosing without being harassed. Be it traffic, children, other engagements or what have you.

Ratven
07-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Ethier that or they'll just not bother coming to games all together.

Red Patch boys account for what 4000ish tickets a game? I hardly think the club can afford to pick and choose whom they sell tickets to. Especially at this point in this young franchises life. Or would you rather have had the seats empty all together.

While I can appreciate your zealous I think everyone has the right to enjoy a game and or leave at the time of thier choosing without being harassed. Be it traffic, children, other engagements or what have you.

Yeah but the point of my thread was to explain that quite obviously the chants were not and are not directed to Red Patch Boys, U-Sector Members, NEEs, Ultras or any other supporter groups. They're directed at people who come to the games, don't join in chants, and leave early to beat traffic.

Knowing that this is the case, if you somehow find yourself being chanted at, consult that checklist, see if any of those thigns apply to you, and if they don't shrug it off knowing you're a TFC supporter who lives and breathes this team and supports them no matter what.

I don't know the numbers, but I'd be surprised if ALL of the supporters groups even approached combined 4000 members. And Red Patch Boys are only a part of that... that being said, the club CAN pick and choose who they sell tickets to, because there's a couple thousand people deep waiting list for season tickets, and I know there's a number of members on the supporters groups boards who don't have season tickets who could put them to better use than part time supporters. This is a moot point because you can't kick people out/reallocate tickets, but i just wanted to address the "TFC can't pick and choose" comment.

Bobo
07-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Feel your pain bud. Some drunk fucks at the top of 113 curse all game long some games then call us part time supporters for not joining in. LOL

Cashcleaner
07-20-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm starting to agree with the sentiment that perhaps we shouldn't be criticising other fans for the way they watch the game. Obviously, I'd love to see BMO Field turned into a Canadian version of Anfield, Old Trafford, or The Nou Camp; but it ain't gonna happen if people start to feel like they're not wanted. At the end of the day, who are we to judge people who paid for their tickets and chose not to sit in the supporters section? Maybe chanting at them for leaving early is actually counter-productive.

CretanBull
07-20-2008, 04:10 AM
When I go to a game, I'll show up when I want and leave when I want and anyone who has a problem with that can go fuck themselves. Today's game was awefull, we ALL should have left early.

WHITEY
07-20-2008, 04:13 AM
Yeah but the point of my thread was to explain that quite obviously the chants were not and are not directed to Red Patch Boys, U-Sector Members, NEEs, Ultras or any other supporter groups. They're directed at people who come to the games, don't join in chants, and leave early to beat traffic.

Knowing that this is the case, if you somehow find yourself being chanted at, consult that checklist, see if any of those thigns apply to you, and if they don't shrug it off knowing you're a TFC supporter who lives and breathes this team and supports them no matter what.

I don't know the numbers, but I'd be surprised if ALL of the supporters groups even approached combined 4000 members. And Red Patch Boys are only a part of that... that being said, the club CAN pick and choose who they sell tickets to, because there's a couple thousand people deep waiting list for season tickets, and I know there's a number of members on the supporters groups boards who don't have season tickets who could put them to better use than part time supporters. This is a moot point because you can't kick people out/reallocate tickets, but i just wanted to address the "TFC can't pick and choose" comment.

How do you know that "they leave early to beat traffic"? Are you 100% certain that they do not have other commitments in life other than keeping the entire day open to attend a 90 minute soccer match? Are you 100% certain that maybe they are attending the match prior to going to work or something? Is the end all and be all of supporting the team by jumping around, singing, making banners and banging drums? There are people that come to pay and watch their team play the match. Are these people not supporting the team by paying to be there, cheering for the team when they do good and gettintg frustrated when they are not? We all know that TFC tickets are hard to come by, maybe these people that you refer to as "part time supporters" could only get their hands on tickets in the south end. I think there are some people that really need to give their heads a shake.

Fiin
07-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Welcome to the world of TFC fanaticsm - Where people judge and question your loyalties if your actions don't fit without their own pigeonholed concept of proper support.

QFT. Its was annoying last yr, it was annoying 3 mths ago, its still annoying.

Kooper
07-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Dude. Coming from Kingston, thats fucking hardcore.....

I hate making the trip from midtown. Coming from Kingston is amazing!

Kooper
07-20-2008, 07:39 AM

Prawn sandwich party.

Marco2K
07-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm starting to agree with the sentiment that perhaps we shouldn't be criticising other fans for the way they watch the game. Obviously, I'd love to see BMO Field turned into a Canadian version of Anfield, Old Trafford, or The Nou Camp; but it ain't gonna happen if people start to feel like they're not wanted. At the end of the day, who are we to judge people who paid for their tickets and chose not to sit in the supporters section? Maybe chanting at them for leaving early is actually counter-productive.

Very well said.

Nothing pisses me off then an RPB member calling someone else a part time fan. Just cause people are not RPBS or have to leave a game early for their own reasons does not make them a part time supporter

profit89
07-20-2008, 08:42 AM
I think all of this frustration among the fans is a result of tfc struggling on the field.

A house divided upon itself cannot stand.

nascarguy
07-20-2008, 08:53 AM

yeah that just sucks to see poeple show up late and you leave early to beat traffic. but to paid $150 to get to just about every home game that great.

olegunnar
07-20-2008, 09:02 AM
I think there are 2 standards here and there should be.

I think it's 100% fine and okay to taunt people in supporters sections.

How many people have complained about scalpers tix in supporters sections?
Tourists showing up in supporters sections for the "event" and not to be a supporter.
I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect and pressure people in supporters sections to behave appropriately. ie, being there for 90+ minutes, chanting your lungs out etc.
The "I paid for my ticket I can do what i want" bullshit is just that bullshit. You're in a supporters section, there are expecations.

In the other situation (non-supporters sections) I think it's wrong to single people out for their 'style' of support.

I think it's disgusting how people stuff their faces and sit there and talk about the weather or their new iphone...but...in this case these are not supporters sections so the "I paid my money I can do what I want" is applicable. I don't agree with their style of support but it's their right, and for that I dont' think they should be chanted at.

dupont
07-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I usually sit (stand of course) in section 110 but one time someone gave me their tickets in 113 so I took that opportunity to sit somewhere new. As soon as I got there someone called me a part time supporter because they had never seen me in that section before - "all you part time supporters. if i don't recognize you, you should leave." That's a great attitude to have. I go to every single fucking game, stand the entire game and chant. I guess I could have explained that but I didn't see the point in even dignifying that shit with a response.
I'm starting to think that people that accuse others of being part time supporters are more interested in their image than they are in being TFC fans. I'm a huge fan and I guess I just don't feel the need to judge others to prove that to myself.

FluSH
07-20-2008, 10:06 AM

QFT....

It was funny last year... but the novelty has worn-off...

P.S. Limestone we have very few RPBs in 113, so I doubt it was any of us. The large portion of 113 at the top is a mix of people.

OneLoveOneEric
07-20-2008, 10:17 AM
At this point, I'm a lot more concerned by the fact that it looks like we have part time players.....

Leafs 92/93
07-20-2008, 10:28 AM
hey limey, did you drop the cityrpb or are you not who i think you are?

thats a shit experience to ruin your gameday. obviously the frustration has been building in recent games, but what happened to taking it out on the refs, scalpers, other team and mo johnston? we're not even half way through the season and we're turning on eachother.

coisty1966
07-20-2008, 10:47 AM

agreed...who is anyone to tell somebody else how to support the club.....i was given greif because i didnt join in a chant.....meanwhile TFC was threatening and i was watching the Fuckin match!! bottom line thats what i pay to do...go and watch the match....i enjoy the songs as much as the next person but its what goes on on the pitch that i'm most interested in...some i see sing and chant all game and barely even watch the action, thats fine and i'd never judge them for it but i dont feel i have to pander to them to prove my support....

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:50 AM
At this point, I'm a lot more concerned by the fact that it looks like we have part time players.....

lmao, best comment in the thread

Bobo
07-20-2008, 10:56 AM
P.S. Limestone we have very few RPBs in 113, so I doubt it was any of us. The large portion of 113 at the top is a mix of people.

A lot of casuals up there, more than people would think. Yesterday there was a baseball heckler right in front of me wearing a Cubs shirt, saying ridiculous things insulting the team. :rolleyes:

NateDoGG
07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
i think some of these "hardcore fans" are trying WAY TO HARD..................

sulfur
07-20-2008, 10:57 AM
hey limey, did you drop the cityrpb or are you not who i think you are?
same guy. shorter name. :)

koryo
07-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Limestone, I wouldn't let it bother you. These are the same people who get tanked up at a game, and are so bloody busy "bringing it" they don't even know what's happening on the field half the time.

The holier-than-thou attitude among these people really is quite something. I suppose some people really are as dumb as they look.

Bobo
07-20-2008, 11:43 AM
i think some of these "hardcore fans" are trying WAY TO HARD..................

QFFT. This "supporter" thing gets to so many people's heads, a chip on their shoulders, which is why our support will never be anything relatively close to the support in other parts of the world.

koryo
07-20-2008, 11:45 AM
QFFT. This "supporter" thing gets to so many people's heads, a chip on their shoulders, which is why our support will never be anything relatively close to the support in other parts of the world.

A little bit of humility wouldn't do anyone any harm. I see a lot of so-called "supporters" who are in it for their own edification, not for the good of the team.

jloome
07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Assholes are always going to be assholes, and there will always be a few in every crowd, that's all.

The reality is, we should all be damn thankful to every single bastard who buys a ticket, and I don't give a crap where he sits. THis is a two-year old club in a city where it was set up to fail but has succeeded miserably; if a chunk of that is due to casual fans, so be it. If it makes the team successful, likely to grow, profit and therefore spend to win, they can fucking call it soccer, go for a curry while the plays on, I don't care.

Starr
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM

Should you really be heckling people who come out to the games? (Those who aren't supporting the opposing team, that is). Whether they are part time supporters or not, they could be -future- full time supporters. Instead of giving them a hard time, why not help them learn the chants, encourage them to show their support. Why ruin someone else's game day experience?

I find it sad that some people leave the stadium with a bad feel for RPB and other hard core supporters ,thanks to you jokers who find it neccesary to chant at people who don't show their support the way you feel they have to.

v00d00daddy
07-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Should you really be heckling people who come out to the games? (Those who aren't supporting the opposing team, that is). Whether they are part time supporters or not, they could be -future- full time supporters. Instead of giving them a hard time, why not help them learn the chants, encourage them to show their support. Why ruin someone else's game day experience?

I find it sad that some people leave the stadium with a bad feel for RPB and other hard core supporters ,thanks to you jokers who find it neccesary to chant at people who don't show their support the way you feel they have to.

Well said. If you guys want to heckle fans go to a Jays game and let them know they should be at a TFC game. The whole supporter group thing is geting way out of hand. It seems like a new one is sprouting up every couple of months and everybody is trying to be a "better supporter" then the next guy or girl. I know I'll get shit on for saying this but it's all getting a little elitist.

My advice: Go to the games, cheer if you want to, bang a drum...do whatever it is you like to do. Just don't shit on people who don't do exactly what you do. We are each 1 of many supporters at the game and none of us is more important than the next guy. If you find yourself distracted by people leaving early..give your head a shake, watch the game and enjoy. Don't waste your time worrying about what other people are doing.

Blazer
07-20-2008, 02:22 PM
OK, this has to be done. At about 86' of today's match some wankers in 113 started in on me about being a part-time supporter because they thought I was leaving early. Truth be known, I was. I had to catch a train in order to catch another train back to Kingston. I left Kingston at 9:00 this am to get to the game and I am a Seasons Ticket Holder. It usually costs me about $150.00 every game I come to. This is the same for many other supporters. So why are some douchebags who know nothing about what people have to do to get to and from these games giving anyone grief? I have never supported the practice of taunting people because they leave early. They bought the ticket and should be free to do what they please. I am a full-time supporter and those shit samples are full-time losers. If they were RPB I would encourage them to contact me so we can clear the air. Rant over.

I wouldn’t take offence to your farewell chant bro. One thing you gotta understand about TFC supporters is that in and among are those who feel that they are somehow bigger and better fans than others because they chant louder, make bigger/better banners, etc. Although upsetting to hear on your way out I can imagine, all it takes is one donkey to start it, and another handful of his/her drunken cronies to follow suit just because they’re “better” than you because they stay put throughout. They don’t understand your commitment elsewhere (work, funeral, bus back to K-town, whatever).

Yeoman
07-20-2008, 02:26 PM

pfft, kingston. petawawa baby :P
man you should have pointed em out to me next time that started the chant. I can pull out the 'shut the fuck up' voice when it's necessary.
like those retards behind me yesterday that were yapping through both national anthems. lord I wanted to punch them.
I know that us in 112 (from what I could see) were doing a chant around then, put directing it towards the 105 area of fans

jrobs11
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I dunno Limestone.. you didn't even come back from ireland (or scotland?? i forget where) for my one and only kingston RPB chapter meeting with sulfur. Seems pretty part time to me! ha

but seriously, better to just let these things slide.. probably someone just trying to cover up that they in fact were themselves merely a part time supporter..

Azerban
07-20-2008, 08:15 PM
someone called me a mean name i will not stand for this gross injustice!

H Bomb
07-20-2008, 08:21 PM
someone called me a mean name i will not stand for this gross injustice!

German? ;)

Azerban
07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
German? ;)

ugh wait here posting a thread about this one!

RedRum
07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Limestone I admire the fact you make that trek every game, that's a journey and a half no doubt. Bottom line though is anyone leaving early out of the supporters section is gonna get the chants. Always have, always will.

Have you tried posting to see if anyone comes in from Kingston or somewhere in the area that could give you a lift? Try looking through the members list for location and see if anyone might be able to help you out. Try putting an ad on craigslist in rideshare. Can you take a later train and go have a beer at Shoeless or wherever?

Just trying to offer suggestions. The one time I needed a ride during the TTC strike I asked and got one in a minute, literally (props to toronto_bhoy). There are some good people around here. Try it man I betcha something pans out.

111_DrummerBoy
07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Limestone, definitly one of the more hardcore supporters coming from Kingston. I think I saw the Limestone-mobile sometime last week on Kinston road. Don't remember when, but I remember it was your van!

Ratven
07-21-2008, 12:44 AM

Well, like I said in my first post, I didn't chant or heckle at anyone, in fact, I have never in my one and a half seasons chanted the Part Time Supporters chant. However, I see why people would do it, and I have merely been stating that when considering the reasoning behind the chant, it's not directed at anyone here, and that no one should get insulted.

That is all.

MisterMacphisto
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM
I think everyone knows... when the clock is at the 85 minute mark, and people start leaving in droves, 99% of the people leaving are doing so to beat traffic and its fucking pathetic and should be taken to task.

I hate talk on what is or isn't a supporter too, but there are some fucking basics, and one is staying for the full 90.

There's no foul if you HAVE to go, but please...

blackandwhite
07-21-2008, 07:58 AM
we should have all left instead of watching that poor performance... but I am holding till tuesday cuz when we win the cup all will be forgiven.

Parkdale
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM
we should have all left instead of watching that poor performance... but I am holding till tuesday cuz when we win the cup all will be forgiven.

I think we should all chant WE NEED THIS ONE when the players come out.

jaahuuu
07-21-2008, 08:51 AM
I had to catch a train in order to catch another train back to Kingston.
Damn, and I thought coming from Buffalo was rough.

Tourists showing up in supporters sections for the "event" and not to be a supporter.
I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect and pressure people in supporters sections to behave appropriately. ie, being there for 90+ minutes, chanting your lungs out etc.
The "I paid for my ticket I can do what i want" bullshit is just that bullshit. You're in a supporters section, there are expecations.
People should put pressure on the team to make sure those tickets aren't scapled. If I was visiting somewhere and had to scalp tickets I'd get the cheapest ones available, most likely not knowing what I was getting in to. You can't blame tourists for wanting to see a game.

I think everyone knows... when the clock is at the 85 minute mark, and people start leaving in droves, 99% of the people leaving are doing so to beat traffic and its fucking pathetic and should be taken to task.

I hate talk on what is or isn't a supporter too, but there are some fucking basics, and one is staying for the full 90.

There's no foul if you HAVE to go, but please...
At the last game I started slowly walking down the aisle about 2 minutes into injury time (from the top row of 108), when the whistle blew I bolted out of the stadium and ran to the car, took lakeshore all the way to kipling and then got on the gardner. I've never made it out that fast before. There are ways to see the whole game and still beat traffic.:)

sulfur
07-21-2008, 09:08 AM
^- Well, Limestone did the same kind of thing. He went up to the Beer Garden end, watched the tail end of the game, and busted his ass to get on both trains to get home.

Last train of the day to Kingston too... so, if he misses it... he's buggered.

Parkdale
07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Last train of the day to Kingston too... so, if he misses it... he's buggered.

naw... he can crash at your place.

Flipityflu
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
I think we should all chant WE NEED THIS ONE when the players come out.

yes, good idea

Denis
07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
*sighs*... Why can't we all just get along ?

http://children-family.punchstock.com/images/galleries/latino-families/vfa072.jpg

blackandwhite
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
*sighs*... Why can't we all just get along ?

http://children-family.punchstock.com/images/galleries/latino-families/vfa072.jpg

Because a football game is not a picnic! :)

Mrs. Workie
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM

What?!!?!? Since when?!?!?

:lol:

Parkdale
07-21-2008, 10:47 AM

it's a game? I never thought I'd hear you call it anything less than a A life or death struggle

blackandwhite
07-21-2008, 10:50 AM
it's a game? I never thought I'd hear you call it anything less than a A life or death struggle

like Jack's "Do or die" thread... is that an actual threat on the players? :)

Parkdale
07-21-2008, 10:53 AM
like Jack's "Do or die" thread... is that an actual threat on the players? :)

yes. think of the salary cap space we'd free up.

Jimmy The Saint
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
yes. think of the salary cap space we'd free up.

Or the grass we could afford!