PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Marshall to Palmeiras

111_DrummerBoy
07-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, not really. But during half time I actually thought I would flip through that Free Kick Magazine. Did anyone else notice that Tyrone Marshall was dressed in Palmeiras gear from some fashion show at the season opener party?!?!

WTF, that's just wrong.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=43&pictureid=576

Keegan
07-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Got me excited. Maybe we could get a good central defender like Jason De Vos out of retirement! Now there is a true leader

colman1860
07-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Got me excited. Maybe we could get a good central defender like Jason De Vos out of retirement! Now there is a true leader

Because our central defense is shit. 9 MLS home games, 2 goals against, neither from the run of play. These boards piss me off so much sometimes. Everyones favourite word is "doom", closely followed by "gloom".

Kooper
07-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Because our central defense is shit. 8 MLS home games, 2 goals against, neither from the run of play. These boards piss me off so much sometimes. Everyones favourite word is "doom", closely followed by "gloom".

Preach on brother!!

colman1860
07-20-2008, 07:29 AM
I shall! Twas 9 home games, not 8.

Marco2K
07-20-2008, 08:42 AM
that was at the show are MARO.

dont u think if marshall had the chance to play for a big club like that he would jump all over it\

Keegan
07-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I shall! Twas 9 home games, not 8.

How do you explain the road games? :noidea:

Excuses are the nails that build a house of failure

MG42
07-20-2008, 12:55 PM

LOL, wow i have to remember that one! Nice!

colman1860
07-20-2008, 05:24 PM

Very cute.

Heres how i explain the road games.

Columbus: we did not have our full team yet (no guevara, ricketts, robert). also our new players were still finding each other (these were the days when velez was still crap)

DC: See Columbus

LA: We won

DC: Sutton coughed up an easy shot, and we lost a close game 3:2. Also note that DC is one of the best teams in the league.

Houston: 3-1 loss. MLS champs.

New England: 2-1 loss, easily could have been a tie (Jarrod Smith missed a tap-in in the dying minutes). Also note that NE are currently the best team in MLS.

Chicago: We wuz robbed. If the ref doesnt fuck up the call on edu, busch is gone (last man - red card), were tied 1-1, and chicago is down a player. Add in Ibrahims goal. Chicago would no longer have the strength to come back in the 92nd.

I know that I'll have fucking giambac on here in a minute yapping on about excuses and two points against Kansas City, but please name one road game where we underperformed. Where we, according to us being a second year team, should have reasonably come away with a better result than we eventually did.

Jimmy The Saint
07-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah - but it's the draws that are killing us. we need 3 points not singles if we're going to rpove our true worth in this league.

We're good, but there's a lack of confidence.

Keegan
07-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Very cute.

Heres how i explain the road games.

Columbus: we did not have our full team yet (no guevara, ricketts, robert). also our new players were still finding each other (these were the days when velez was still crap)

DC: See Columbus

LA: We won

DC: Sutton coughed up an easy shot, and we lost a close game 3:2. Also note that DC is one of the best teams in the league.

Houston: 3-1 loss. MLS champs.

New England: 2-1 loss, easily could have been a tie (Jarrod Smith missed a tap-in in the dying minutes). Also note that NE are currently the best team in MLS.

Chicago: We wuz robbed. If the ref doesnt fuck up the call on edu, busch is gone (last man - red card), were tied 1-1, and chicago is down a player. Add in Ibrahims goal. Chicago would no longer have the strength to come back in the 92nd.

Man come on. The games where Marshall and Velez played like shit you came up with some excuse which has nothing to do with their performances.

The DC game where we lost 4-1 Marshall was by far our worst player. The next game vs Los Angeles Marshall played brutal, we won 3-2 and ONLY BECAUSE OF SUTTON. There is 2 bad games out of 3.
Marshall's best game on the road was easily the first game vs. Columbus.

Edu DOVE in Chicago man, no way was that a foul or red card. Busch kept his hands down and grabbed the ball and Edu flopped

coisty1966
07-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Because our central defense is shit. 9 MLS home games, 2 goals against, neither from the run of play. These boards piss me off so much sometimes. Everyones favourite word is "doom", closely followed by "gloom".

exactly! 7 clean sheets in 16 games this season....not bad by me

coisty1966
07-20-2008, 08:10 PM

its not just the back 4 that is the cause of our road woes...i put more blame on our finishing ....

LucaGol
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Sure we've only allowed 2 goals at home this year...but we've yet to play a serious team on good form at home (aside from the Crew...which came to BMO for the tie.)

Revs
Dynamo
Chivas
Chicago

You wanna see us give up goals at home like we do on the road...wait for those games.

romburgundy
07-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Very cute.
but please name one road game where we underperformed.

Dynamo game! It would have been nice if they showed up.

Marshall is a Solid center mid. He some times makes some stupid mistakes yes overall he's perfomed well. In fact our entire defensive line have. Valez and Wyne are freeking rocks on that side. We are only missing one thing and as JC put it its not real grass.

OneLoveOneEric
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM

Actually, we have clean sheets at home because we play home games as though we're on the road -- defending deep and not attacking.
If we tried to score every now and again, we might win a few. Clean sheets only help if you score.
It's like when people get excited about an undefeated run. You can finish a 38 game season undefeated with 38 points. Not gonna get you too far.....