PDA

View Full Version : Matchday 23: Seattle at Toronto , Sat 10 Aug, 7pm

Yohan
08-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Dempsey who? (likely come in as a sub, if he plays at all)

On paper, Seattle has a very potent team, but inconsistent. They did destroy Dallas (who are also in middle of a huge slump) 3-0 in their last game. Gotta stay compact and organized as Martins and Johnson will burn defenders with pace. Seattle plays a 4-4-2 diamond, using fullbacks for overlapping and flank plays while their wide midfielders esp Rosales likes to pinch inside as playmakers. My heart hopes for a win, but a draw would be a great result against one of better teams in MLS.

Come on you Reds! Make it 3 in a row!

OgtheDim
08-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately, I don't thing Elmer starts.

And that means Morgan.

Which is a problem against Seattle.

On the other hand, Seattle certainly hasn't seen anything like Laba.

Suds
08-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Seattle are better in just about every stat measured. Higher score rate, less goals against. They'll also be on a high with the recent addition of Dempsey; even if he does not play.

Any new additions we make later this week will not likely new ready to make an impact on the game for us.

I'd be happy getting a tie out of this one.

Ivy
08-05-2013, 08:00 PM
3-2 TFC
Dempsey leaves early with a groin injury.

superstar1976
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm going to my second game this year, first was the opener at the Rogers center. If Urruti signs, Dempsey plays, with TFC rolling and Seattle on a high, should make for a great atmosphere Saturday night. Thrilled that TFC front office helped me with 6 tickets in sec 110 with my wifes cousins here from Ireland to take in the game. C'mon you reeeeddddssss.

Pint
08-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Am I one of the few that see's Dempsey getting a significant amount of minutes on saturday? he played WCQ and then would have been in preseason with spurs already? he has to be very close to match fit.

TFC07
08-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I predict a TFC win. 1-nil for TFC. I would be shocked if Clint ends up playing full 90 minutes (I predict he will come off the bench).

stevielarson
08-06-2013, 05:15 AM
I've been on vacation and completely out of the loop but is there any chance Rey gets some substantial minutes this match?

Joe Kool
08-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I've been on vacation and completely out of the loop but is there any chance Rey gets some substantial minutes this match?

Depends on how he looks in training I suppose. Haven't heard good or bad about how that has been going.

Leedsoronto
08-06-2013, 08:50 AM
2-0 TFC

Both goals first half. We're on a run and spirits are high. :@)

Dv23
08-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I think it's a 2-0 loss for us. Seattle can finish where the Revs couldn't.

Graeme
08-07-2013, 09:07 AM
On the other hand, Seattle certainly hasn't seen anything like Laba.

Is Laba out on accumulation of yellows? Please tell me "no"!

BuSaPuNk
08-07-2013, 09:22 AM
^ No Laba is okay. He's suspended on his next yellow. He was 2 away going into NE.

SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: TOR: Doneil Henry, Darel Russell
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: TOR: Matias Laba, Gale Agbossoumonde, Darren O’Dea, Richard Eckersley

Taken from the pregame from the New England game. Think they could've taken O'Dea off this list lmao.

Detroit_TFC
08-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Seattle is hedging about using Dempsey on Saturday, claiming illness and travel fatigue. Might just be they want max PR from the home start, which I can understand.

BuSaPuNk
08-07-2013, 09:27 AM
^ yep he was never going to play here. Seattle has a sold out game against Portland for his first game. Heard it was 60 plus thousand, not sure what the max capacity they have. There going to want to have him trot out there first.

Hustle
08-07-2013, 09:46 AM
We need to get level with the Crew on these 3 points. Then surpass them next week. Screw dem Crew.

Ajax TFC
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
I bet if they were playing any decent team away they wouldn't take that chance. Hopefully we can punish them for their arrogance.

Detroit_TFC
08-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I bet if they were playing any decent team away they wouldn't take that chance. Hopefully we can punish them for their arrogance. Exactly.

OgtheDim
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Actually I wouldn't play him in his first game away no matter who the opposition. Even Portland.

Just not worth the risk.

CommradePolski
08-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Anyone else going to the elite coaching series thing before the game? It was invite only as far as I know.

Ajax TFC
08-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Actually I wouldn't play him in his first game away no matter who the opposition. Even Portland.

Just not worth the risk.
What risk? Got to give him his first game at some point. It's not like this game is just a day or two after him signing. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to play, and if they want to start him at home, than they should at least give him some minutes this week.

OgtheDim
08-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Unveil the messiah at home. If he gets injured here, that would be awful. No matter how small the risk...don`t do it.

Derko
08-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Unveil the messiah at home. If he gets injured here, that would be awful. No matter how small the risk...don`t do it.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEGO_Yv_Od-A9-8uZrVpwxItI8Blo67-OABtEDDNud13urh-_zTQ

ryan
08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Just like I said last week. We're unstoppable.

Another TFC W.

Super
08-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Seattle is hedging about using Dempsey on Saturday, claiming illness and travel fatigue. Might just be they want max PR from the home start, which I can understand.

Fine by me. Shows how serious they are about winning games I guess. Wankers!

Redcoe15
08-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Any excuse to wipe those Snots off is Okay by me.

Can't wait to get to the game.

tfcleeds
08-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Was kind of hoping I'd be able to give him a proper "welcome" to MLS. Oh well - if he doesn't play, all the better for us in terms of getting a result. And the plastic latte sippers can enjoy the unveiling at home with the piped in sound.

Super
08-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Beginning to look more likely that Dempsey will play a part in Saturday's game:

Joshua Mayers ‏@joshuamayers (https://twitter.com/joshuamayers)20m (https://twitter.com/joshuamayers/status/365160476633595904)
Dempsey has been a full participant so far, a good sign he could available in some role Saturday. RT @KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN): Health status improving?

Red CB Toronto
08-07-2013, 03:01 PM

Deuce will be going now it seems, went through a full training session and Sigi was raving abouy what he brings to the table. Will be fun to watch.

Detroit_TFC
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Deuce will be going now it seems, went through a full training session and Sigi was raving abouy what he brings to the table. Will be fun to watch.

Yeah, saw that. Seems he'll travel and dress for sure. Probably 2nd half sub.

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Is anyone going to go and greet the Sounders when they arrive in Toronto later today. Deuce might even rap you a lyric or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Di8QT98Zk

Fort York Redcoat
08-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Yes I believe all the American Outlaws at my office are going down to greet them. All of them.

pictured below :

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9ruzoEzkrN42-ywKifiQZTFH-G0hIGkf4v_Cnjnrt8n5kKrZw

tfcleeds
08-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I will be welcoming the Seattle players on Saturday at BMO - with a full barrage of taunting.

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Good one, kind of walked into that one.

Yes I believe all the American Outlaws at my office are going down to greet them. All of them.

pictured below :

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9ruzoEzkrN42-ywKifiQZTFH-G0hIGkf4v_Cnjnrt8n5kKrZw

Fort York Redcoat
08-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Good one, kind of walked into that one.

All in good fun CB. Hope you know...

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2013, 01:29 PM
All in good fun CB. Hope you know...

As always, if this sport was not fun what would be the point.

TFC07
08-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Is anyone going to go and greet the Sounders when they arrive in Toronto later today. Deuce might even rap you a lyric or two.

Why would TFC fans go out greet Sounders today? No offence, but you're not making any sense with that comment.

notthesun
08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm guessing the lack of projected lineups is do to transfer window uncertainty, but as we very likely aren't picking anyone else up before the match...

------------Bendik-------------
Ecks---Henry---Caldwell---Elmer
Rey----Osorio---Laba----Convey
-------Brockie---Earnshaw-----

Word on Rey is he was just bruised yesterday, I expect him to get subbed early second half (unless he subs in early second half). Same with Earnshaw.

backbeat
08-08-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm guessing the lack of projected lineups is do to transfer window uncertainty, but as we very likely aren't picking anyone else up before the match...

Word on Rey is he was just bruised yesterday, I expect him to get subbed early second half (unless he subs in early second half). Same with Earnshaw.

got to admit that doesn't look too bad - although the thought that we might have added Urutti and Moralez to that line-up makes me drool......

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Deuce and the Sounders have touched down in Toronto if anyone is in the mood for a 4 am farm alarm LOL

Super
08-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm quite excited for this game. Not because of Dempsey - don't care about their players. But because we've been playing really well lately. I am honestly beginning to believe in this team - all the side-show of the transfer window aside. The whole passing game. Laba dominating in the midfield. It's been wonderful for my tired TFC eyes to watch them.

Can't wait for tomorrow - and I haven't said that about a TFC game in YEARS!

tfcleeds
08-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'm excited too. Just would love to beat Seattle and help to hamper their playoff dreams. Of course, Dempsey's likely return to action in MLS adds a bit of pizzazz to this fixture in that the eyes of MLS will be upon it - time for us as supporters to really bring it and show what we can do.

Fort York Redcoat
08-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Just hoping for a good showing.

Gonna be a long day with it being a night game.

BuSaPuNk
08-09-2013, 11:26 AM
^ that's for sure. What time people getting to Joes?

Oldtimer
08-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Are any supporters coming from Seattle? (Pictured below)

http://static3.depositphotos.com/1001616/135/i/950/depositphotos_1358727-Plastic-fan.jpg

Stress
08-09-2013, 11:34 AM

I think you're pretty close but I'm guessing Morgan still features at LB with perhaps a sub for Elmer if he screws up or we go searching for a goal.

Suds
08-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm quite excited for this game. Not because of Dempsey - don't care about their players. But because we've been playing really well lately. I am honestly beginning to believe in this team - all the side-show of the transfer window aside. The whole passing game. Laba dominating in the midfield. It's been wonderful for my tired TFC eyes to watch them.

Can't wait for tomorrow - and I haven't said that about a TFC game in YEARS!

It's a good test for us to see how we stack up against a team who quite frankly has under performed so far this year. Seattle has a good team on paper but it has not gotten the results to match. We've had a few decent games (at least been able to close out a few games) The big question is can we be consistent and do it again on Saturday against another good team.

This game has the potential to be entertaining with what's on the line for both teams.

Dreadlocks
08-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Saw team officials at the Hyatt and they confirmed Clit Dempsey will feature. Didn't say if he would start but they did say hey would play for sure.

I'm also looking forward to see how the Reds do. Particularly the back four against Johnson and Martins. Both are fast as fuck! Enjoyed watching Martins play in Europe for Newcastle and Inter but I could never understand why he couldn't hold down a job there.

TFC_Allez
08-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Am I hoping for a win? Of course! Will we get the win? Not likely...not at all. I have a bad feeling about this one. But...who knows?! :) Let's go for 3 in a row!

Phil
08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Are any supporters coming from Seattle? (Pictured below)

http://static3.depositphotos.com/1001616/135/i/950/depositphotos_1358727-Plastic-fan.jpg

about 50 of them

Oldtimer
08-09-2013, 02:24 PM
about 50 of them

Not a bad number for so far away.

flatpicker
08-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how all of our new additions will stack up against some good competition.

Oh... wait... my bad.

;)

Milanista
08-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Saw team officials at the Hyatt and they confirmed Clit Dempsey will feature. Didn't say if he would start but they did say hey would play for sure.

I'm also looking forward to see how the Reds do. Particularly the back four against Johnson and Martins. Both are fast as fuck! Enjoyed watching Martins play in Europe for Newcastle and Inter but I could never understand why he couldn't hold down a job there.

all martins had was speed...no technical aspect to his game at all, which is why he didn't last in Serie A

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2013, 02:55 PM
about 50 of them

That is great to see, always like it when the top of 104 is full with the away supporters.

69Chevy396
08-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Martins may be the most versatile and best all round athlete in MLS

SKB
08-09-2013, 10:47 PM
I gave my tickets to my daughter, arghh! Well improvement is never linear. TFC have played very well in the last 3 games this could be a bump in the progression. It will be a good test for our back 4 and Laba. It will be a good test for the team and a tie would be a good result. I can't see a win this time.

Suds
08-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Hey Dempsey! Bite me!!

just had to get that off my chest this morning :)

Technorgasm
08-10-2013, 07:00 AM
"Clint? you have poor technical ability at the game of football!"

"You know where ill be tonight Clint? Balls Deep in Beth!"

"Hey Deuce!! Dont Tread on This!"

Red CB Toronto
08-10-2013, 08:36 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/156202256_22681c61af.jpg?v=0

TFC WILL TREAD ON THIS, BRING HOME THE VICTORY OH REDS !!

denime
08-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Tonight we will win our 3rd game in a row.

rocktml
08-10-2013, 09:16 AM
So today another one of my epic predictions.

DRAW!

notthesun
08-10-2013, 10:06 AM
So the whole league is watching this game right?

My prediction: Osorio scores and by some coincidence just happens to finally make the MLS top 5 rookie rankings. Laba bosses the game, all the American journos go "this Laba guy is really good" and we never hear deVos talk about how TFC "wasted" big money on a DM ever again.

Greatest Ripoff
08-10-2013, 12:09 PM
we never hear deVos talk about how TFC "wasted" big money on a DM ever again.

haha this drives me nuts. He says the same thing every week on his podcast.

BuSaPuNk
08-10-2013, 12:13 PM
haha this drives me nuts. He says the same thing every week on his podcast.

I think he's just so set in his thinking that DP players have to be attack orented players that he can't see past a DM as a DP.

jloome
08-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I think he's just so set in his thinking that DP players have to be attack orented players that he can't see past a DM as a DP.

I don't think he realizes yet how good Laba is. Watch the kid; he's like a younger Mascherano, the amount of space he covers to wreck or break up a play. He just lacks the passing right now, and who knows? Maybe he has it in him and we just haven't seen it yet. I genuinely think he's already better than Ossie Alonso, a very similar type of player without Laba's speed and stride. Plus, the kid sees the whole pitch, as he also holds up the ball very well.

BuSaPuNk
08-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't think he realizes yet how good Laba is. Watch the kid; he's like a younger Mascherano, the amount of space he covers to wreck or break up a play. He just lacks the passing right now, and who knows? Maybe he has it in him and we just haven't seen it yet. I genuinely think he's already better than Ossie Alonso, a very similar type of player without Laba's speed and stride. Plus, the kid sees the whole pitch, as he also holds up the ball very well.

True on all points. Laba looks like he gets some more experience and learns the tendencies of midfield players in this leauge he could really pick apart defenses.

khso11
08-10-2013, 01:32 PM
if we win this game, it will definitely be a huge confident boost, but it's not easy. Seattle have very fast players (and nice chem.), which might mean that their counter-attack has to be lethal, and TFC defense always lose out on counter-attacks, they have to watch out on that. But I'm confident on this team from their recent form, so 2-0 TFC :scarf:

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Pretty scary when this guy is supposed to be one of the brain trusts of Canadian Soccer. I hope some people begin to realize the "old boys club" isn't just a collection of British ex-pats and amateur soccer types. It includes a fair number of our former players who hang around the association while producing precious little.

jloome
08-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Pretty scary when this guy is supposed to be one of the brain trusts of Canadian Soccer. I hope some people begin to realize the "old boys club" isn't just a collection of British ex-pats and amateur soccer types. It includes a fair number of our former players who hang around the association while producing precious little.

I've been really disappointed by him. He was a good player but his perception is exceptionally biased by having been a defender himself (it shows in the fact that he thinks every half-and-half call goes to the defender, ever, and he even decries "soft" fouls even when they're ... er, fouls.)

People here ragged on Forrest but I think he's much more accurate with respect to what's going on on the pitch. If he has a fault it's that he's hypercritical of the home side to ensure he's being balanced. He makes mistakes but, unlike Devos, will actually correct himself occasionally on the air. Whenever DeVos makes a bad call, and then the replay shows him to be entirely incorrect, he actually describes the video outloud as if it matches with what he's just said. Of the two, I think we can tell where the more fragile ego lies.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 02:55 PM
I've been really disappointed by him. He was a good player but his perception is exceptionally biased by having been a defender himself (it shows in the fact that he thinks every half-and-half call goes to the defender, ever, and he even decries "soft" fouls even when they're ... er, fouls.)

People here ragged on Forrest but I think he's much more accurate with respect to what's going on on the pitch. If he has a fault it's that he's hypercritical of the home side to ensure he's being balanced. He makes mistakes but, unlike Devos, will actually correct himself occasionally on the air. Whenever DeVos makes a bad call, and then the replay shows him to be entirely incorrect, he actually describes the video outloud as if it matches with what he's just said. Of the two, I think we can tell where the more fragile ego lies.
Yeah Forrest has grown on me a little bit more over time. He used to have this preoccupation with the officiating I found annoying but he's gotten away from that lately.

That being said, outside of Kristian Jack, there really is nobody on TV in this country who at least tries to raise the bar when it comes to tactical discussion and education on the finer points of the game. Too many Nigel Reid types who just want to hit you over the head with a bag of cliches.

Richard
08-10-2013, 02:55 PM

I could have sworn he actually praised Laba in the NY game, said something like every team in MLS needs a solid DM and its worth it to have that guy.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 03:29 PM
I miss Forrest absolutely lambasting players when they dive. :D

Alonso
08-10-2013, 04:39 PM
True on all points. Laba looks like he gets some more experience and learns the tendencies of midfield players in this leauge he could really pick apart defenses.

I got to meet him on my way home from the AS Roma friendly.

Very nice guy, and down to earth. I think he was with his parents and kind of felt like the ugly girl at the prom with no date. No one recognized him, there were thousands of 'fans' streaming out of BMO after the match and no one noticed that the guy who scored the last goal for the team was walking beside them. He seemed genuinely glad to talk to a fan.

As for the match in 1.5 hours.... I'm predicting an overly optimistic 2-1 win for TFC with Earnshaw and Brockie as the goal scorers.

Alonso
08-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I got to meet him on my way home from the AS Roma friendly.

Very nice guy, and down to earth. I think he was with his parents and kind of felt like the ugly girl at the prom with no date. No one recognized him, there were thousands of 'fans' streaming out of BMO after the match and no one noticed that the guy who scored the last goal for the team was walking beside them. He seemed genuinely glad to talk to a fan.

As for the match in 1.5 hours.... I'm predicting an overly optimistic 2-1 win for TFC with Earnshaw and Brockie as the goal scorers.

EDIT: Still pondering my first TFC named Jersey with Laba on the back. Just waiting for the mythical 'other' two signings that are going to be revealed next week. (Believe it when I see it)

notthesun
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Starting XI: Bendik; Eckersley, Caldwell, Henry, Morgan; Lambe, Laba, Osorio, Convey; Wiedeman, Brockie.

Subs: Frei; Agbossoumonde, Elmer, Hall, Rey, Braun, Earnshaw.

Hoping for a Rey/Lambe switch at half and Earnshaw on in the 2nd as well. Wish Elmer was starting.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Morgan better bring his A game. They will target him.

Leedsoronto
08-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Starting XI: Bendik; Eckersley, Caldwell, Henry, Morgan; Lambe, Laba, Osorio, Convey; Wiedeman, Brockie.

Subs: Frei; Agbossoumonde, Elmer, Hall, Rey, Braun, Earnshaw.

Hoping for a Rey/Lambe switch at half and Earnshaw on in the 2nd as well. Wish Elmer was starting.

Rey Lamb switch after first 5 mins would be better

PopePouri
08-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Prediction: Seattle 2-0.

mowe
08-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Prediction: Seattle 2-0.

As much as I have hope for TFC, I think you're on to something. Just compare our attack to theirs. Night and day.

Corpand
08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Morgan better bring his A game. They will target him.

Perfect to see how he handles the pressure. He knows everyone is focusing on his every move today. Show us you're a man, not a kid. Oh and have a blinder.

2-2

andyc
08-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi - does anyone have a good link for a stream?

I'm away on vacation!

Cheers

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:00 PM
http://firstrownow.eu/

Don't use the desktop app....its a trojan.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 06:03 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Bendik; Eckersley, Caldwell, Henry, Morgan; Lambe, Laba, Osorio, Convey; Wiedeman, Brockie. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash)

Hopefully we'll see Rey early in the second half.

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:05 PM

IT's free on mlssoccer.com, you just have to sign up for an account. Gameof the week.

rocktml
08-10-2013, 06:05 PM
wtf LA Dodgers vs TAMPA on SN1.

Will they cut to the TFC game?

JonO
08-10-2013, 06:06 PM
No. Never understand these decisions...

ginkster88
08-10-2013, 06:06 PM
wtf LA Dodgers vs TAMPA on SN1.

Will they cut to the TFC game?

Believe it's on SN360, formerly The Score.

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:07 PM
IT's free on mlssoccer.com, you just have to sign up for an account. Gameof the week.

Though be warned, it's the green cult's feed.

OgtheDim
Ugh.....US commentators because Sportsnet doesn't want to cut out from a baseball game between two teams based on the Southern costs.

dantdot
The 4th link on firstrow appears to have the game.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Fucking Sportsnet. Who honestly gives a fuck about the Dodgers and Rays in Canada.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Which account is it? do you need a mls live account? Don't see an option to do that without paying

Greatest Ripoff
08-10-2013, 06:09 PM
I can't find a link that has the game. They have baseball or tennis?

rocktml
Fuck you Sportsnet! showing a game that nobody in canada cares about. Why the fuck do I care about The LA Dodgers or Tampa!

dantdot
http://firstrownow.eu/watch/200379/4/watch-toronto-fc-vs-seattle-sounders-fc-.html

ginkster88
08-10-2013, 06:10 PM
According to the MLS website, the game is on SN360, not SN1. According to the TFC website, it's on SN1. According to SportsNet, it's on right now.

For viewers at home, they get baseball.

What a joke.

PopePouri
08-10-2013, 06:11 PM
As much as I have hope for TFC, I think you're on to something. Just compare our attack to theirs. Night and day.

Yeah. We're currently overachieving and we'll probably come down to earth today.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Not on 360. Wonder hw many people care about la vrs tampa? Moments like this illustrates just how boring baseball has become unless you support one of the teams onthe field

ginkster88
08-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Beautiful individual effort by Osorio to beat three defenders and find space for a shot.

Wow.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 06:14 PM
360 has a repeat basketball game btween Canada and Jamaica. That should be exciting

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Ugg...SN crew saying Lambe is in for consistencies' sake when Lambe didn't start the last two games.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 06:15 PM
It's on Sportsnet One. And it is the stream of the week but because it's on Sportsnet One it's a nationally televised game, so it's blacked out in Canada.

Corpand
08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Thank me for the quality later, just mute the commentary.
http://nutjob.eu/njtvx7.html

bigred3
08-10-2013, 06:19 PM
SN1 has the game listed at 8pm MT / 10pm ET, and saying it's a "LIVE HD" game.

F U sportsnet.

Marc"2L"
08-10-2013, 06:19 PM
It's almost like they wanted to test my commitment this week, first the Payne comments, now I walk half hour to a bar to watch the game because I'm in Aliston for the fucking potato featival, and it's not on!

What a joke this organization has become.

andyc
08-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Thanks!

bigred3
08-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Now the ticker on the SNone is saying the TFC game will start once the baseball game is over

bigred3
08-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Now we got the game on SNone. Only missed the first 14 mins...

OgtheDim
I had the Seattle commentary on for a minute.

I forgot they are the most homer of commentators.

ag futbol
Wiedeman wtf!

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:27 PM
It's on Sportsnet One. And it is the stream of the week but because it's on Sportsnet One it's a nationally televised game, so it's blacked out in Canada.

Maybe in toronto area. I'm watching it on MLS live in Edmonton.

Ajax TFC
08-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice defensive sliding clearance by Weideman. Wait is that their end?:facepalm:

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Awful defence. Three players ball watching.

adam1001
Wow, solid defending there. :rolleyes:

andyc

MLS Soccer is blocked outside NA unfortunately....

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Slowed that one down on MLS live.

Somebody beats Laba, and Laba slips.

That goal was caused by Lambe not going with his player. He was ball watching BADLY.

Henry didn't adjust over but Lambe just stopped running when his responsibility took off into the middle of the 18.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Awful defence. Three players ball watching.
I'm wondering if someone called for the line to be pulled up for the offside trap but Morgan just kept chasing ... which left everyone confused

Corpand
08-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Yedlin.
Hahahahaha

notthesun
08-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow what the fuck happened? Henry literally just stood there and turned his body to watch the ball but didn't even move. Caldwell didn't move at the back post either. That was just ugly, ugh.

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:34 PM
That ref is on the friggin take. What the hell was that? Total obstruction.

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Yedlin.
Hahahahaha

Worst hair in professional sports.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 06:35 PM
This ref is out of his depth.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:37 PM
That ref is on the friggin take. What the hell was that? Total obstruction.

Given the yellow to Johnston....uh...no.

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Given the yellow to Johnston....uh...no.

Perhaps just incredibly bad, then

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Perhaps just incredibly bad, then

Bad or inexperienced.

Seattle's defence isn't all that good at passing the ball. I count 4 interceptions before it go to the midfield, so far.

Marc"2L"
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Fanfuckingtastic challenge, all ball and took out Martins. Me getting excited about that makes me realize that I was a dirty player, if I could get the ball and put you out of the game, better believe I was doing it.

Edit: look at him limp! Hahaha, awesome.

Dempsey coming on.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I thought they were not supposed to stop a game unless its a head shot?

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:50 PM
5 corners and a few free kicks and............nada on goal.

Corpand
08-10-2013, 06:51 PM
That goal was extremely embarrassing.

Extremely.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 06:51 PM
UGLY

adam1001
08-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Sigh.

Marc"2L"
Welp, false hope personified.

Getting sick of your shit TFC.

ginkster88
...wow.

ag futbol
Bad play by eckersley and yet again guys giving up on the play early and losing their marks.

jloome
08-10-2013, 06:53 PM
How unlucky is this team. I know it starts with Ecks fucking the dog, but THAT is a bad bounce.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Henry was sleeping on the first goal, and crapping himself on the second.

notthesun
Man, this is what I'm talking about with Henry. I'm still not convinced with him. He looks like he'll grow into a world-beater one minute, and the next he looks like a NASL squad player.

OgtheDim
If Brockie opens up a winery, he should call his stuff

"Shot pulled wide"

By Brockie.

ginkster88
08-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Henry is overreaching again. Dangerous player to have on the field if he's outclassed.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Holy shit just get Lambe off the field and cut him right now. If Nelsen doesn't put in Rey at half he's blind.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 06:58 PM
What is scary about this game is how like Roma, Seattle players are playing in first gear, and still winning. TFC works hard, do little. Oh, I forgot, Osario isthe best player on the team tonight, and that too is scary.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Seattle's defence is nowhere near as good as their attack - I can see why they are a middling team this season.

If we had a decent forward, and somebody who could take corners, this game would be tied.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Wiedeman provided absolutely nothing in that first half.

I know we have our system and all, but it's time to show some tactical flexibility. Who cares if you have a second striker if that second striker is useless. We should be fielding Hall in the middle and playing 4-2-3-1

jloome
08-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Our defensive pressure tonight is a shadow of the last three games. Fucking sad exhibition.

Though, we had a couple of early chances, Maybe if we sink one it's different.

Corpand
08-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Man, this is what I'm talking about with Henry. I'm still not convinced with him. He looks like he'll grow into a world-beater one minute, and the next he looks like a NASL squad player.

You just described most 20-year old players. With practice and time, he will know where to be in some situations and how to recover from others. He does seem to have a good physical presence but I don't believe he should be a starter here. Loan his ass, he is still a baby.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 07:03 PM
If they lose tonight the team will have to win all remaining games and still might miss the playoffs.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 07:05 PM
You just described most 20-year old players. With practice and time, he will know where to be in some situations and how to recover from others. He does seem to have a good physical presence but I don't believe he should be a starter here. Loan his ass, he is still a baby.
Loan him to whom?

ginkster88
08-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Henry is a red card waiting to happen if he's overmatched. Look how he just barged into Dempsey from behind..

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Ecks - where overlaps go to die, got beat on the second goal and complained about it being a foul

Laba - getting outnumbered in the midfield, moving up more then he did last game

Morgan - over runs, and tried to do what he could on the goal but it was 2 versus him

Lambe - totally freaking useless

Osorio - OK moving things around but needs a real target man to give him space. And he can't take corners

Weideman - one nice attempt. Nothing else the reset of the half.

Bendik - two chances, two goals, but not his fault

Henry - played better vs. Henri, held the line on the first goal as against being aware, trusts Caldwell, needs to look around more

Caldwell - can only do so much

Convey - Don't take corners please, passing well though and putting himself about

Brockie - got "can't Score" itis - and his diving is not helping - comes back and tackles more then Weideman or Braun

jloome
08-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Loan him to whom?

I wouldn't loan him to a USL or NASL team. He's already better than that and it would be regressive. He's really only starting because he's our second best defender, when he should at his age be our third our fourth.

He actually doesn't make that many mistakes, to me. Our midfield has been overrun twice, and we've frozen twice on the offside trap and been beaten, basically.

jloome
Henry is a red card waiting to happen if he's overmatched. Look how he just barged into Dempsey from behind..

Replay looked like he got the ball first, but he did go over the top to get it, so he's going to get called

OgtheDim
And for a team that is really tall, Seattle rarely puts the ball in the air.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 07:12 PM
He actually doesn't make that many mistakes, to me. Our midfield has been overrun twice, and we've frozen twice on the offside trap and been beaten, basically.
Agreed. Not sure what Nelson is trying to do but the shape of our midfield looks awful.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 07:13 PM
And for a team that is really tall, Seattle rarely puts the ball in the air.
I am tall, but prefer to keep my ball near the other one, tucked away.

jloome
08-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Agreed. Not sure what Nelson is trying to do but the shape of our midfield looks awful.

We're actually playing a high-press counter, where the defenders draw in midfielders on pressure then use the forwards and wings to hold up the ball, then pivot it to the open space. But it's against a team that does it better, routinely, and with better quality players.

Really, neither team has been good. Seattle has one shot ... and two goals.

Ajax TFC
08-10-2013, 07:15 PM
OSO!!!!!!

Marc"2L"
08-10-2013, 07:16 PM
What's sad is that, in doing so, this club will give off the closest feeling to satisfaction as possible.

Ahh, we're eliminated, about time.
I was ok with the transfer window stuff this afternoon,
Now, not so much, expectations were set, and were not delivered.
For me, in my opinion, Payne's leash gets shorter every time he talks.
Including talking about Dempsey today.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Told ya...their defence is as bad as ours.

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Exactly what we needed.

jloome
08-10-2013, 07:17 PM
LOL. Rey has been on the pitch two secs and has an assist.

jloome
08-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Or was that Convey? Thought it was Rey.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Hahaha yes called the Osorio goal!

Lambe actually did something good for once, that was a nice dummy and great patience from Osorio.

edit: No changes yet, it was Convey. Speaking of him, boy did he look slow chasing that through ball from Laba (which was brilliant btw).

Corpand
08-10-2013, 07:25 PM
This is building up to my nice 2-2 prediction. Hope we can get it over the line twice but once is still worth it.
May it be a Dempsey own goal. Awkward home start next week.

Corpand
08-10-2013, 07:29 PM
That Earnie chance was perfect for him to size up the goal. Next shot he gets will be more successful, I feels it.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 07:29 PM
How many posts has Earnshaw hit this year? So unlucky.

Dkolish3
08-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I got a feeling 2-2

notthesun
08-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Maybe if we keep saying it it'll happen.

I can feel the 2-2 coming!

ag futbol
08-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Good pressure but my god are our set pieces bad

Corpand
08-10-2013, 07:36 PM
I actually see us winning this.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Good pressure but my god are our set pieces bad

Every single corner: "... and it's an easy catch for [opposition goalkeeper]".

Jack
08-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Despite my disappointment with the window, this team is actually starting to look like it's coming together, a little bit. There's still a lot of upgrading to do, but it seems like we're on the right track. Earlier in the season, with this scoreline, I'd have no hopes at all.

Ajax TFC
Convey's frustrated walking towards the end line after he got tackled almost contributed to a dangerous counter since Eckersley had to push up to cover his man

jloome
Guys are playing with urgency in the second half, the winning boy's magic. Nelsen probably said something along the lines of "you know you're all auditioning for continued employment right now, right? That's an urgent situation, and demands urgency."

Jack
Nice save by Bendik.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Holy crud....that Dempsey move was class

Jack
08-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Rey coming on for Lambe. Hopefully, he can spark something.

Jack
08-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Holy crud....that Dempsey move was class
Yeah, he may be a dickhead, but he's a damn fine player.

Greatest Ripoff
08-10-2013, 07:44 PM
this ref is making some strange calls.

Jack
08-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Must be nice to be able to bring Shalrie Joseph off the bench.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 07:48 PM
From the little we've been able to see, looks like Rey can whip in a decent ball.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Morgan what the fuck are you doing.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Hmmm....3-4-3

jloome
08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Looks like we're going to run out of time.
Ernie's cursed right now. Must be feeling it.

Corpand
08-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Nevermind, we ran out of gas around the 60th minute. Nice try.

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Braun.....no touch.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Wait for it-this is the best game TFC has played all season, despite the two Henry brain farts early on. Rey reminds me of Mista.

Dkolish3
08-10-2013, 08:04 PM
What a game end to end the entire time. Great game

ag futbol
Good try... looks like we were gassed after we made that push.

Greatest Ripoff
Wait for it-this is the best game TFC has played all season, despite the two Henry brain farts early on. Rey reminds me of Mista.

Mista could cross the ball?

Jack
Fuck. But yes, I have to say I was impressed. We were looking like a different team in the second half. Seattle is a very good team.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Mista could cross the ball?
They look similar, Mista was very good at times, but just remarking on Rey's invisibility tonight. I remember waiting for Mista to finally get in game shape, but alas, it never happened. Did Rey touch the ball tonight?

OgtheDim
08-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Umm...Kevin....Striker please.

Earnshaw did OK but he needs games. Brockie tracks back well but he doesn't seem to be able the speed of the game in MLS.

Braun is a 80th minute sub. And Weideman is just not big enough....another 80th minute sub.

69Chevy396
08-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I think Osario was more dangerous before Earnshaw came on. But the latter was unlucky a few times.

notthesun
08-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Beat ourselves wih those two goals conceded. Shame really, we had them on the ropes for the first 30 minutes of the second half. Bad luck and bad isolated mistakes, a frustrating way to lose.

Oh well. Osorio Rookie of the Year.

adam1001
08-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Henry and Morgan are awful. Good game though. If it weren't for our own stupidity, we'd actually be a half decent team.

Soccerpro
08-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Ecks gets beat, whines to the ref instead of just getting back.

This club has had the same problems all year scoring goals, it's too bad management hasn't been able to find a way to fix it.

Seattle isn't very good, they're on the outside of the playoffs right now. Their forwards are good, but their defence is not playoff quality and it shows.

Soccerpro
08-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Umm...Kevin....Striker please.

Earnshaw did OK but he needs games. Brockie tracks back well but he doesn't seem to be able the speed of the game in MLS.

Braun is a 80th minute sub. And Weideman is just not big enough....another 80th minute sub.

When TFC signed Braun at over $100,000k this year it was shocking. It's still shocking, I don't know how they can attempt to explain it.

Soccerpro
08-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Anyone know why Reggie Lambe, the winger with no goals or assists this year continues to play? That has to be the most shocking aspect of this team.

sashavukelich
08-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyone know why Reggie Lambe, the winger with no goals or assists this year continues to play? That has to be the most shocking aspect of this team.

+1 exactly.

T-boy
08-10-2013, 08:53 PM

Actually, I thought Lambe had quite a good game! No complaints about him today.

Masked Man
08-10-2013, 09:13 PM
When TFC signed Braun at over $100,000k this year it was shocking. It's still shocking, I don't know how they can attempt to explain it.

Brockie is making even more at $175,200. The money wasn't well spent on this duo...

All this talk about making big DP signings or stars. Give me some players on the attack that can put some pressure on the opposition & can be a threat at the MLS level.

DOMIN8R
08-10-2013, 09:29 PM
I thought everyone had a reasonably good game, on our side. A few errors here and there. Which is to be expected.

My concerns remain that Convey struggles under pressure and after the 70th minute. Lambe over commits and has a hard time with weighing the ball. But he is definitely getting better as we progress through the season.

Our back line and midfield can't anticipate our forwards correctly - due to lack of play time together(?). Yes, Henry and Morgan had their moments. But for the salary hit - they present great value. Robbie and Rey may need a bit of time to get back in form and gel with the others.

I really liked our confidence in the second half. We showed tenacity and challenged the seasoned Sounders forwards like they were on the reserve team. Loved it!

Abou Sky
08-10-2013, 09:59 PM

+1

At least start Rey and sub in Lambe if needed.

Can't wait to see Elmer play, I wanted to wring Morgan's neck!

Henry was OK despite the OG, still a lot of polishing needed, think Wellington could use him on loan?

denime
08-10-2013, 10:01 PM

If I remember right,Braun was part of the trade with Colorado and that was his existing contract that TFC has to fulfill,and trade happened in preseason when we did not have any forwards.

Thomas
08-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Altogether, a disappointing game, but not a shit show. I know that 396 was all over Rey, but he just joined the team, and we have to give him a chance to gel. Comparing him to Mista? I don't see any common denominator other than the fact that they are both from Espagana. I will not be sad to see Brockie go home. I don't think he has shown enough positives to sign a deal. He seems kind of tentative on the ball, and easy to push off of the ball. It was a nice summer evening to watch a match.

T-boy
08-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I thought we played ok in patches, and also average in patches too.

I don't get the Henry bashing - sure, he was equally at fault with the first goal, but alongside the whole defence that stopped. The own goal was really unlucky, not his fault and nothing he could really do about it with the ball being struck at him at close range with his body weight going one way, I can't put any blame on him for that.

We just really need that bit more quality and spark up front, its as simple as that. Earnshaw amd Brockie are all effort. Lambe is ok, again lots of effort, and Convey flits in and out of of games. But none of these have that little extra to create and score a goal. Although I don't mind any of those 4, we could do with an upgrade to bring us to the next level.

Laba and Osorio were great again, they really could become an excellent midfielder combination - but we really need that extra quality around them to improve the whole team.

jazzy
08-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Henry is overreaching again. Dangerous player to have on the field if he's outclassed.

get off the can , he's fine ..tired of people not at the game , not seeing the game , he's the future live with it....over night wonderkins...atheletes must hate TO fans...we actually act like we're x premier league coaches....he made some great tackles.........he's courageous...and learning from Caldwell......move on

backbeat
08-10-2013, 10:47 PM
get off the can , he's fine ..tired of people not at the game , not seeing the game , he's the future live with it....over night wonderkins...atheletes must hate TO fans...we actually act like we're x premier league coaches....he made some great tackles.........he's courageous...and learning from Caldwell......move on

agreed, i thought Henry had a solid game tonight. he is growing every match - actually i really enjoyed the game tonight and the atmosphere - for the first time in a long time i felt like the atmosphere of 2007 and 2008 CAN return - there was some electricity in the air when Osorio scored early in the 2nd half - i could sense that if we were a winning and exciting team the place would be packed and alive once again - i have more faith that it will happen after tonight - the supporters section was loud and proud - dichio at the 24th minute was clearer than i remember in ages - WELL DONE! :drum: :scarf: :flare:

Dreadlocks
08-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I saw exactly what I expected to see. A team that can't score goals.

Thought we were good enough for at least a point tonight - maybe even 3.

Only player comment, Rey disappointed. Wasn't the same player that I saw vs Roma at all.

gate7
08-10-2013, 11:09 PM
If I remember right,Braun was part of the trade with Colorado and that was his existing contract that TFC has to fulfill,and trade happened in preseason when we did not have any forwards.

Yeah thats a Paynefull one. anyway..we need a star goalie

TFC07
08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Ecks gets beat, whines to the ref instead of just getting back.

This club has had the same problems all year scoring goals, it's too bad management hasn't been able to find a way to fix it.

Seattle isn't very good, they're on the outside of the playoffs right now. Their forwards are good, but their defence is not playoff quality and it shows.

Agreed. I was at the game, Seattle wasn't that impressive both ends (offensively didn't create much while defensively looked awful). TFC just beat themselves with stupid errors while not converting their chances offensively. TFC could have scored 3-5 goals in this game! This game is a perfect example how badly we need better attacking players. Guys like Lambe, Brockie and Weiderman shouldn't be starting for us. Nelsen needs to start Rey and Earnshaw for now on and hope we get another striker up front to play with Earnshaw and another attacking mid or winger.

DOMIN8R
08-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Man of the Match was Laba for me. He looked great out there.

Abou Sky
08-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Man of the Match was Laba for me. He looked great out there.

I have a man crush on Laba, he is the best player I have seen in a TFC kit.

I actually noticed that he had a bad touch at one point this game, first I have seen and was because he just couldn't get to the ball on time.

jazzy
08-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Agreed. I was at the game, Seattle wasn't that impressive both ends (offensively didn't create much while defensively looked awful). TFC just beat themselves with stupid errors while not converting their chances offensively. TFC could have scored 3-5 goals in this game! This game is a perfect example how badly we need better attacking players. Guys like Lambe, Brockie and Weiderman shouldn't be starting for us. Nelsen needs to start Rey and Earnshaw for now on and hope we get another striker up front to play with Earnshaw and another attacking mid or winger.

so true....if KP had come through with anyone resembling an AM or striker....we'd be in an entirely different set of circumstances.....the whole team would have a weight lifted from their shoulders, instead of being constantly fearful of getting scored on . Knowing that we have an almost impossible chance of coming back. Except for Osorio all our star forwards are simply subs.....

T-boy
08-11-2013, 08:50 AM
I saw exactly what I expected to see. A team that can't score goals.

Thought we were good enough for at least a point tonight - maybe even 3.

Only player comment, Rey disappointed. Wasn't the same player that I saw vs Roma at all.

Roma was just a friendly, I'm sure Rey was probably nervous yesterday. It's also a lot different coming on as a sub compared to starting a game. Rey will clearly need a little while to bed in, so I wouldn't judge him at all yet.

Prof
08-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Bring on Richter and dump Eckersely. Too many turnovers and over paid.

Ultra & Proud
08-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Not Richter, no way. Elmer maybe.

ag futbol
08-11-2013, 11:54 AM
I thought the first twenty minutes of the second half might have been the best football I’ve seen TFC play… ever. Now that being said, it looked a lot like an all-in performance from most of our attackers and we still only managed one goal. Really can’t see a future for these guys anywhere on the roster unless they make some kind of impact on at least the odd appearance. Also, one really big blemish (outside of the finishing) was our set pieces. For a bad team, this should be an effective way to create goals. The plays were too predictable and the execution was bad.

All said and done I came away from yesterday’s game really happy despite the loss, but we badly need some more attacking quality on this roster. I hope Ray gets up to full fitness soon and starts to contribute something because we badly need somebody outside of Osorio to constantly threaten.

Derko
08-11-2013, 03:17 PM
I did not get to see the game, but after reading there seems to be 2 camps.

1. TFC played O.K. with a few errors eliminated should have been a win or draw. Positives, gradually improving. :)

2. TFC can do no right and point finger, blame everyone, management, overpaid players, underpaid players, the weather, not the weather. :(

My 25 year old daughter gave me an honest report of the game.

Camp# 1 is right. I will take her report.

T-boy
08-11-2013, 05:26 PM

you were watching a different game to me! Ecks was positive throughout the game, especially as he's just come back from injury. Good to see him coming back to the level we know he can play at. I really hope they can renegotiate his contract down, he's somebody we want to keep around.

ryan
08-11-2013, 05:43 PM

I actually noticed that he had a bad touch at one point this game, first I have seen and was because he just couldn't get to the ball on time.

Agreed. Laba has a massive impact on how we play, he's as good as advertised and I'm really going to enjoy watching him grow as a pro player.

69Chevy396
08-11-2013, 05:59 PM
you were watching a different game to me! Ecks was positive throughout the game, especially as he's just come back from injury. Good to see him coming back to the level we know he can play at. I really hope they can renegotiate his contract down, he's somebody we want to keep around.
The team played well. They are not goingto make the playoffs, so it makes sense to me for Rookie Nelsen to continue using all of his players until the season is over. For example, play Wiederman up front with Osario. We know what Earnshaw can do, but we still dont have the goods on Wiederman, and I am sick of this organizations record of giving up too early on prospects.

JayMolly
08-11-2013, 06:20 PM

We agree.

In addition, to us it looked like the boys looked tired in the second half . . . three games in seven days?

Jeff s
08-11-2013, 07:39 PM

All I saw was a guy constantly trying to take on multiple defenders at once with his bad dribbling and getting SMOKED on the second goal. Sorry but imo he was easily one of the worst players on the field.

I honestly wish he just goes, but it sucks because Richter is absolute garbage aswell

, but we still dont have the goods on Wiederman,

Errr. We don't?

Derko
08-11-2013, 08:12 PM

It appears that the wage is the sticking point, I do agree that hopefully TFC can renegotiate Eck's contract and we keep him :hump:

Initial B
08-11-2013, 08:43 PM
I didn't want to post in this thread before the game since I've been on vacation and haven't posted and they were on a winning streak, but I watch both Seattle's and Toronto's games last week and had a feeling they'd lose 3-0. So they improved on my expectations. I actually have some hope they might win the Trillium Cup this year.

stevep
08-11-2013, 09:56 PM
tfc were dead legs after 60 minutes because of the friendly 3 days before

Yagbod
08-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I thought the crowd was rocking Saturday. Credit to the supporters groups. The flags from 111 through 115 looked great. Wowza and the drums did a great job. (Hope your voice comes back.) I hope KP carries through on his promise of more night games. They are definitely livelier.

Auzzy
08-11-2013, 10:03 PM

I think Laba is also getting a good reputation throughout the league. 2 or 3 times during the game yesterday, I noticed as Laba was charging at a Seattle player, they would dump off the ball real quick, at least once leading straight to a turnover, and another time kicking the ball into touch. Players are learning to be afraid of getting the ball stripped by Laba, and of occasionally getting nailed in the process.

Two things I'm worried about with Laba: 1) he's still one yellow from a suspension; and 2) I think he may have a fairly high risk of injury due to the way he plays. That's a problem if TFC is too dependent on him, and doesn't have a decent backup. Fingers crossed!

BuSaPuNk
08-11-2013, 10:13 PM
tfc were dead legs after 60 minutes because of the friendly 3 days before

I wasn't going to go that far but some of the guys did look like they slowed down after 60 mins.

Fort York Redcoat
08-12-2013, 07:44 AM

What have you seen in Richter past his throw-in? I'll agree with overpaid but paying less for as many turnovers (shockers, a lot of them) doesn't rate with me.

Not Richter, no way. Elmer maybe.

An LB, no? I'm sure he could play there but I'd rather see a new addition step in (I realize the likelihood).

TFC Kevin
08-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Brought a friend to her first TFC game, she absolutely loved it in 112, the atomosphere in the 2nd half was awesome! Can't wait for the next night game.

Detroit_TFC
08-12-2013, 01:57 PM
The acoustics at BMO F are just tragic. From my seat in 221, the 50 flounders at the top of 104 sounded clear as day but I could barely hear the South End even though it is so much closer (speaking of first half).

Not that this would ever happen, but if the Supporter Section was facing the West Stand, it would be a whole different experience.

T-boy
08-12-2013, 02:04 PM
All I saw was a guy constantly trying to take on multiple defenders at once with his bad dribbling and getting SMOKED on the second goal. Sorry but imo he was easily one of the worst players on the field.

I honestly wish he just goes, but it sucks because Richter is absolute garbage aswell

Errr. We don't?

I don't actually think Eck's ending up trying to take on 2 or 3 players is his problem. that's more a problem that nobody is giving him any options, nobody is running off the ball or giving him a channel to pass into. This is more down to Convey or Lambe not helping Ecks out. If you have nobody to pass to, Ecks ends up trying to do it all, which ends up in a dead end usually. Also remember that he's been out injured for a while so he needs a couple of games to get back to game speed.

OgtheDim
08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Ecks has always run into cul de sacs. He runs to the byline, not to a space where he can cross.

ag futbol
08-12-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't actually think Eck's ending up trying to take on 2 or 3 players is his problem. that's more a problem that nobody is giving him any options, nobody is running off the ball or giving him a channel to pass into. This is more down to Convey or Lambe not helping Ecks out. If you have nobody to pass to, Ecks ends up trying to do it all, which ends up in a dead end usually. Also remember that he's been out injured for a while so he needs a couple of games to get back to game speed.
Plenty of guys are moving off the ball. Brockie and particularly Osorio's movement off the ball is excellent. Osorio has scored roughly half his goals due to good secondary runs attacking space in the box. A winger can't see any of those targets if he keeps his head down and is too robotic with his decision making. Really his main asset is his pace /motor. He can get up and down the field with regularity. But his end product is poor and he doesn't read the play well. I will be very surprised if he is back next year. Too much salary cap room to cover and not enough performance.

Canary10
08-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Ecks has always run into cul de sacs. He runs to the byline, not to a space where he can cross.

Also defenders give him the outside all day long. He takes it and takes it and always ends up either running out of room or when he does cut in they tackle him. He is the easiest, most predictable player on the ball in the league. He should stick to tackling, which is about all he does well.

notthesun
08-12-2013, 02:16 PM
He is the easiest, most predictable player on the ball in the league.

Ashtone Morgan would like a word.

Wolves_On_Tour
08-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Slightly off topic but related to this thread:
Has anyone ever had an issue being granted access to the stadium using their actual season ticket? I usually have my printed ticket with but this week I couldn't find it so I brought my actual ticket....needless to say it was a nightmare. When walking in pre match it came up on their ticket scanners with a big "X" but they let me in anyways. Forgetting about it in my intoxicated state, I went out at half time and they wouldn't grant me access back in. Luckily I went back to gate 3 and they let me in there even though it came up with the same "X"......
I was pretty damn frustrated considering I missed Oso's goal.

Ageroo
08-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Slightly off topic but related to this thread:
Has anyone ever had an issue being granted access to the stadium using their actual season ticket? I usually have my printed ticket with but this week I couldn't find it so I brought my actual ticket....needless to say it was a nightmare. When walking in pre match it came up on their ticket scanners with a big "X" but they let me in anyways. Forgetting about it in my intoxicated state, I went out at half time and they wouldn't grant me access back in. Luckily I went back to gate 3 and they let me in there even though it came up with the same "X"......
I was pretty damn frustrated considering I missed Oso's goal.

Did you print the PDF at some point? That nullifies the hard ticket...that might be why it didn't work.

JonO
08-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Once you print your ticket, the actual ticket is void (to prevent using the same ticket to get in multiple people). You were lucky they let you in. What they should have done at the first big "X" (I think, but I may be wrong on this) was send you to the box office so that you could have a valid ticket printed. This would void the printed ticket you couldn't find and let you get in and out of the stadium a bit easier...

Wolves_On_Tour
08-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Did you print the PDF at some point? That nullifies the hard ticket...that might be why it didn't work.
Could be that....not sure if I printed this one ever, oh well. What's done is done. Cheers!