PDA

View Full Version : DC United owner close to buying Inter Milan

Haddy
07-25-2013, 11:47 AM
This could have fit in this section or the international forum.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/thohir-closing-in-on-takeover-of-inter-milan/

Media reports say a deal is expected to be completed this weekend, with Thohir looking for a 75 per cent stake for 350 million euros ($463 million).

Thohir is part owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and D.C. United.

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Will this mean the Impact will be looking to DC United for inspiration for their next third kit?g:D

Eastend
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Or for their older players?

[NBF]
07-25-2013, 02:10 PM
This guy might have money, but the team is losing money like TFC is losing games. The Italians government is in financial trouble. The stadium is one of the better ones in Italy, but its in need of an upgrade. Inter's roster needs a strong overhaul. This guy has stepped into a money pit and on top of everything he has to negotiate with Berlusconi to make upgrades to the stadium.

Eventually, we might end up seeing both Berlusconi and Moratti, sell both of their clubs. I dont see Berlusconi leaving the team to his daughter.

Dreadlocks
07-25-2013, 03:23 PM
From what I've been told the San Siro is publically owned so they would have to go through the gov't to make changes. I've also heard that Inter is looking into building its own grounds. Hope dude has REALLY deep pockets cause real estate aint cheap in Europe I dont think.