PDA

View Full Version : Season 8 SSH prices

backbeat
07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I’ve been a season ticket holder since day one

I’m ok with the direction Nelsen and Payne are taking and I think they should stay.

I’m really tired and frustrated that this window hasn’t been what we thought it might be but I absolutely support the idea of not simply bringing in a player to appease the masses - rather waiting for the right player with the thought towards the long-term on-going success of the team. Build the team properly for once...

However, I am finding it very difficult to rationalize spending full fair (I know we paid 2007 prices this year) year in and year out for a team that is for all intents and purposes in an extended preseason mode. I would never pay this much to watch pre-season football.

Unlikely as it may be I’d like to see a graduated significant reduction in the package price for season 8 based on the number or years and dollars that season ticket holders have sunk into this on-going preseason.

As far as I’m concerned it is unconscionable what we have been charged over the years for what we’ve had to endure. TFC FO IMHO should attempt to right the wrong relative to the number of seasons each season ticket holder has paid into. :drinking:

Ultra & Proud
07-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Bah. Price freeze will do for me. Maybe for 2-3 years.

ManUtd4ever
07-24-2013, 02:19 PM
I have no complaints regarding the current pricing structure. If the FO wants to maintain any semblance of loyalty from the existing fan base and attract new customers, there should be a price freeze in effect for at least a few years while they attempt to repair the damaged reputation of the franchise and improve the on field product.

lanarkist
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
As someone who has followed the team since 2007, but purchased season seats this year for the first time ever, I must say that the current prices, atleast for the South End, are of incredibly good value. When you are barely paying $15 a game you're getting a good deal no matter how poor the on-field play has been. I can appreciate the anger from the many of you who have held tickets for 7 years, but I doubt they are going to go any lower than they did this year. I agree freezing the prices for at least another year or two would be the most appropriate thing to do.

Carts
07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Mid-range tickets are still too expensive for this level of product in my opinion...

High-end seats can be as high as they want, they're 90% companies/clients anyway...

Supporters seats are dirt-cheap (a sign the club isn't that clueless - they need the atmosphere to market & sell the mid-level tickets)...

A significant reduction in the mid-level seats is needed. Supporters seats should be frozen & not move for a long time!!! (they need us & that would be a decent gesture), and charge through the nose to one club section in the stadium - as it's just drop-in-the-bucket corporate expense...

That, and toss a bone somewhere in there - might have to do a 'free game' or maybe a significant style gift of some kind. In my opinion, a price-freeze will not stop a large number of ticket holders along the sidelines from finally giving up hope, and giving up their tickets...

Best way to sell a ticket - have none-available. Best way to ensure people have no urgency to purchase a ticket - have empty seats everywhere!

Carts...

lintberg
07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
I have also had season seats since day 1 and I agree that it's hard to beat the value when the price paid for each game is $12 in 110.
That said, I do think a price freeze for another year is in order based on the poor play this season.

TOBOR !
07-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Price freeze ? I doubt it. What I expect you'll see at best is year two pricing. That would make sense, wouldn't it ?

bones
07-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Based on the 7 years performance they owe us a refund...but that's not going to happen so I can see a price freeze for this year.

OgtheDim
The larger issue is the walk up/tickemaster price.

bones
This is a very interesting "feeling out" kind of thread for ML$E though ;)

eustacchio
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Anything less than continuing the freeze would be bullshit.

ProfessorDamage
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
If results are anything to go by, then prices should stay the same as this year, given that the cavalcade of mediocrity has continued unabated as well.

You want to raise prices in a winning year, and not in one where you've yet again failed to claw your way out of the league's basement.

glaze
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I think the answer for this question depends on your seats. I feel my light greys are fairly priced, and a steal when you consider the free jersey they threw in with a BMO mastercard renewal.

That said, the pricing for the whole stadium has to change. The north end or 200 corners should be priced same as supporters and designated a family section. Simply to avoid the issue we are having now in 110 and 111 with lots of kids (and sitting tourists). And the walk up/face value of the tickets is ridiculous.

Plus MLSE is going to have to offer extra value for SSH's because of the deals that are now had with wagjag, subway, etc.

They may have painted themselves into a corner here for next season. The results have been horrid. I don't see how they can raise prices even modestly without a backlash.

Marc"2L"
07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
This is a very interesting "feeling out" kind of thread for ML$E though ;)

Good, we can let them know that a freeze is the way to go. Anything else is just asking for more scorn.

Dave67
07-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Unless some huge signing is still to come they better continue the freeze and should consider adjusting the mid range seats. We bailed out after season 5 on season tickets and I can't say I regret it based on the last year and a half of play.

Going forward I would like to see a maximum yearly price % increase set (not going to happen) as it would give people an idea of what the tickets could cost over the next several years. The escalation of seat prices in lower 110 for the first 5 years was insane.

Joe Kool
07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Well I tell them in every survey that there needs to be a freeze after this year again because they haven't earned an increase yet but who knows if they pay attention. I also recommend every time building loyalty rewards for SSH that have stayed on for so many years as I have. Example - to give a food discount card for all SSH that have reached their 3rd renewal or whatever they want the cutoff to be. The longer you stick around and renew the more privileges you get. I think that makes sense to those of us who have supported through thick and thin and will encourage those who are thinking about renewing to maybe do so. Win-win....at least somebody would be winning somewhere. :)

brad
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
I've heard rumblings about the STH base eroding a lot more this year - even with the lower prices.

Bumping them up would surely drive e en more people away.

The only way I could see them get away with an increase would be if we pick up some quality in this transfer window and finish the season of being a very competitive team. A big name DP to boot would also help sales I think - but only if the team is winning.

crozack
07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Season ticket holder from day one. Our supporter seats with this years decreases are now relatively on par with everyone else in the league. I will continue to support this team as long as I see a light at the end of the tunnel. It pains me to see the empty seats at BMO(especially in my section 117) but I believe in Nelson.....I believe in Payne.......I just hope we don't lose anymore "hardcores" during this rebuild.

fiji_blue
07-24-2013, 04:09 PM
MLSE owes us a r efund they took our love of soccer and craving for a team and cashed in with flase promises.

What has the organization given us 7 years ??

empty pockets and lint

__wowza
07-24-2013, 04:31 PM
it's been awhile since we've heard about "apples and oranges", hasn't it?
they've consistently put profits before supporters, and now they realize they're losing both. BRAVO!!

you know what could've completely stemmed an exodus of either? not jerking supporters around. a price freeze is the least they can do. the very, very least. what can they do to go above and beyond that? a continued price freeze, even if the team is winning. having said that, and from their previous track record, when this team turns around we're going to get the same old song and dance about "apples and oranges".

mark my words: season 9, win or lose, prices are going back up.

nfitz
07-24-2013, 05:36 PM
When you are barely paying $15 a game you're getting a good deal no matter how poor the on-field play has been.19 games plus the Montreal away game, for $190 (for those who were renewing) in the south end. That's $10 a game ... including HST. $8.85 a game if you compare to many other teams, that don't include taxes on their pricing.

Sure, I wouldn't pay some of the dark grey pricing, etc.

Cuppy
07-24-2013, 07:45 PM
2 be honest I can't complain if they kept the season tix the same price. 19 plus Mutt-real away, Raps tix that I just gave away as well 2013 jersey for using Their bloody credit card. Cost around 10 per game and I cannot argue that

69Chevy396
07-24-2013, 07:47 PM
With so many empty seats, and so many comp tickets, why would anybody want to invet in seasons tickets given the garbage entertainment experience? The vast majority of Torontonians know or care nothing about TFC or mls. Many simply regard soccer as a boring foreign sport. MLSE needs to tap into this demographic cause the few rabid supporters will always show up, but relying on this tiny number is a recipe for failure. The last thing you want as a supporter is to pay premium prices when mlse starts giving free tickets away mid season just to have bums inthe seats. I know several business people who have been approached re offers of comp tickets. So dont be a schmuck, refuse to pay higher prices until the team secures a 500 winning percentage.

nascarguy
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Price freeze ? I doubt it. What I expect you'll see at best is year two pricing. That would make sense, wouldn't it ?
if they start to do what they did before it's not going to be good

Haddy
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Out of curiosity, what's the RPB population in 112 these days? From my vantage point in 119 it seems like so many have gone, but who replaced them? Any chance old faces return?

Just wondering what the atmosphere in the supporters group sections would be like a year or two from now if the team gets it stuff together.

Abou Sky
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
I am new, first seasons were last year, hoping to get in on the RPB relocation this year though.

I don't really feel the club owes ME anything other than better performance going forward.

I do however feel for those that have held tickets for 7 years.

I don't know how many it would be, but I think that rewarding people who have held seasons since day one with a 'this year is half price' type thing would be best.

Also, I think that although supporters tix are reasonable, there are too many price tiers and tix in 200s are too expensive for non seasons. I really wish they would put in a 'family pack' of 4 tix, 4 drinks, 4 dogs for $100 and make it so that people can bring their families out.

crozack
07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
With so many empty seats, and so many comp tickets, why would anybody want to invet in seasons tickets given the garbage entertainment experience? The vast majority of Torontonians know or care nothing about TFC or mls. Many simply regard soccer as a boring foreign sport. MLSE needs to tap into this demographic cause the few rabid supporters will always show up, but relying on this tiny number is a recipe for failure. The last thing you want as a supporter is to pay premium prices when mlse starts giving free tickets away mid season just to have bums inthe seats. I know several business people who have been approached re offers of comp tickets. So dont be a schmuck, refuse to pay higher prices until the team secures a 500 winning percentage. You and I care.....the rest of us care and that's all that matters! We aren't the Leafs....We aren't the Raptors or Jays.... We are a supporters group that changed the way the world looks at the MLS and we need to show it once again on Sat ....... Seven years ago newspapers in Japan wrote stories about us when Dichio scored OUR first goal..........I think its time to say srew MLSE and give us the TEAM we deserve! Sorry for the vent!

gate7
07-24-2013, 11:54 PM
price freeze and Nutrilite games for free.!!!!!!!! and replace the scarf with a paper bag.

nfitz
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
With so many empty seats, and so many comp tickets, why would anybody want to invet in seasons tickets given the garbage entertainment experience? Because they are dirt cheap compared to buying single games.

A seasons ticket wasn't that much more than a half-season pack this year. $38 in supporters on Tickemaster (if you can find them). If you got to 5 games it's as cheap to get seasons. Sure, you can probably find someone here to sell you tickets for $10 ... but I can probably find someone to sell any games I'm not going to for $10 ...

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2013, 06:42 AM
With so many empty seats, and so many comp tickets, why would anybody want to invet in seasons tickets given the garbage entertainment experience? The vast majority of Torontonians know or care nothing about TFC or mls. Many simply regard soccer as a boring foreign sport. MLSE needs to tap into this demographic cause the few rabid supporters will always show up, but relying on this tiny number is a recipe for failure. The last thing you want as a supporter is to pay premium prices when mlse starts giving free tickets away mid season just to have bums inthe seats. I know several business people who have been approached re offers of comp tickets. So dont be a schmuck, refuse to pay higher prices until the team secures a 500 winning percentage.

One man's schmuck is another's Glory Hunter. Your opinion has been noted as it has for the past seasons.

Invest. Entertainment.
Commit. Support.

ProfessorDamage
07-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Nothing reminds you how shit your team is like waking up in the morning to a Groupon for TFC tickets. Yay...

But $65 for a red seat to a league game? WHAT?!?!??! Thank god season tix are a good deal.

Super
07-25-2013, 09:28 AM
The problem is that the stadium + team is piss poor and continues to disappoint. It's like going to watch the same bad movie over and over again. How much you figure watching Police Academy 7 is worth on the 10th viewing? Not much. So to me it's not about money. It's about expectations. I'll continue to go, but I'm missing more games now than ever. We're out of the play-offs for the 7th straight season with several months to go of the season.

I think I could handle the poor football if we at least had a proper football stadium with a roof. At least then I'd get something out of going there. BMO instead is a horrible, disgraceful version of a high school pointy ball stadium, and it just makes me feel that the whole idea of TFC is perverse - from stadium to team to management. It's an ugly experience going there.

Police Academy 8 is coming up.

BuSaPuNk
07-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I agree there are traffic and bad placement issues with BMO. But it's our home. I love it for what it is. If there was anything to do it would be to rework the concourse area to make it easier to move around, expand the pissers, and fill in the gaps in the corners.

Derko
07-25-2013, 10:16 AM
I agree there are traffic and bad placement issues with BMO. But it's our home. I love it for what it is. If there was anything to do it would be to rework the concourse area to make it easier to move around, expand the pissers, and fill in the gaps in the corners.

A roof I could really take or leave, Price Freeze and some loyalty benefit for SSH, Swipe Card for gate entry for SSH. Expand the washrooms, WINTERIZE the plumbing, more Bank Machines, or Interact Swipe payment available,
Very Important (A seperate drink line for us folks that are obviously over the legal drinking age.) Fed up with waiting behind those being carded, (I understand that it needs to be done).

Also I think when I bought the RPB membership and shirts, It qoutes ' TORONTO TILL I DIE ' , I think that means trhough thick and thin, good and bad, even bad management, yes we should voice or opinions and displeasure, but NEVER give up on the boy's on the field. :scarf:

Red CB Toronto
07-25-2013, 10:23 AM
I will always support the lads on the pitch regardless of what ever else is going on around them, front office management crap etc.

Super
07-25-2013, 10:23 AM
New DC stadium:

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/stadium-aerial.jpg

Seems like all the new soccer specific stadiums popping up have roofs. Good to see better knowledge on how to build proper grounds (with atmosphere and weather in mind) in this league (except for here of course). But I bet we'll get more ATM's and toilets. /Sarcasm

eustacchio
07-25-2013, 10:37 AM
19 games plus the Montreal away game, for $190 (for those who were renewing) in the south end. That's $10 a game ... including HST. $8.85 a game if you compare to many other teams, that don't include taxes on their pricing.

Sure, I wouldn't pay some of the dark grey pricing, etc.

Don't forget the pair of Raptors tickets.

ManUtd4ever
07-25-2013, 10:41 AM
You just know the FO is getting desperate to sell tickets to non STHs when they are promoting discounts at Subway.

TFC07
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
TFC needs to reduce ticket prices in north end section. Viewing is worst than south end, but yet, you pay double the price. Cup holders aren't worth double of south end prices.

Also, grey seat prices need to be reduce as well.

Of course, single ticket costs need to be reduce so families can go to the game (maybe have family pack?). Paul B and along with their business team need to be fired ASAP!

Only MLSE you can away with killing cash cow.

Haddy
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
The problem is that the stadium + team is piss poor and continues to disappoint. It's like going to watch the same bad movie over and over again. How much you figure watching Police Academy 7 is worth on the 10th viewing? Not much. So to me it's not about money. It's about expectations. I'll continue to go, but I'm missing more games now than ever. We're out of the play-offs for the 7th straight season with several months to go of the season.

I think I could handle the poor football if we at least had a proper football stadium with a roof. At least then I'd get something out of going there. BMO instead is a horrible, disgraceful version of a high school pointy ball stadium, and it just makes me feel that the whole idea of TFC is perverse - from stadium to team to management. It's an ugly experience going there.

Police Academy 8 is coming up.

New official pub of Toronto FC = THE BLUE OYSTER

http://static02.rupor.sampo.ru/10095/blue_oyster_bar_police_academy.jpg

cmonyoureds
07-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Nothing reminds you how shit your team is like waking up in the morning to a Groupon for TFC tickets. Yay...

But $65 for a red seat to a league game? WHAT?!?!??! Thank god season tix are a good deal.

Has anyone actually done any tracking on the variable seat pricing witchcraft scheme they were going to implement for non SSH tickets?

Derko
07-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I will always support the lads on the pitch regardless of what ever else is going on around them, front office management crap etc.

That makes 2 of us and counting,

Join in if you have the 'Stones' :drum:

Dave67
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Also I think when I bought the RPB membership and shirts, It qoutes ' TORONTO TILL I DIE ' , I think that means trhough thick and thin, good and bad, even bad management, yes we should voice or opinions and displeasure, but NEVER give up on the boy's on the field. :scarf:

I get the sentiment, and I understand that the preferred place to be on game day is in the stands, but the changes at this club aren't happening because of the people that continue to buy seasons. They are happening because of the people who walked away in protest.

That's one point of view for the stay crowd (you) and one point of view for the go crowd (me). Hopefully we can call this a draw and not get into the inevitable one supporter is better than the other supporter business.

JoesphNdo
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Walk in tickets need to be hugely reduced to come in line with Season seats, or you'll continue to have the stadium half empty and yet tickets hard to get. It's very frustrating to be told you can't get near a season ticket for the supporters or light grey sections for the year only to go to games and see the place full of empty seats.

Super
07-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I love how this thread is all about "How can TFC sell out EVEN when they're shit". What a luxury problem to have. Most stadiums (few aside) empty out almost completely when their teams shit the bed like ours have - except we've made it a science. 15,000 season tickets sold this year. Imagine that.

Pricing wouldn't be an issue if they improved the product. That means adopting a winning attitude. Enough with the excuses. Just make it happen. Build a proper stadium worthy of a team with ambition. Bring in the necessary guys to win a championship. It's not easy, sure, but that's the mandate given to Leiweke, Payne and Nelsen. I don't want anymore excuses. Just get it done. All of the above. And please, PLEASE don't talk about us as winners until we've actually won 2 games in a row. And please, PLEASE don't call us a big club until we've got a stadium worthy of a club above the English conference. /Rant

Derko
07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I get the sentiment, and I understand that the preferred place to be on game day is in the stands, but the changes at this club aren't happening because of the people that continue to buy seasons. They are happening because of the people who walked away in protest.

That's one point of view for the stay crowd (you) and one point of view for the go crowd (me). Hopefully we can call this a draw and not get into the inevitable one supporter is better than the other supporter business.

Absolutley

ryan
07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
New DC stadium:

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/stadium-aerial.jpg

Seems like all the new soccer specific stadiums popping up have roofs. Good to see better knowledge on how to build proper grounds (with atmosphere and weather in mind) in this league (except for here of course). But I bet we'll get more ATM's and toilets. /Sarcasm

Another park to be jelly of. Feel like 5 years from now we'll have the worst venue in the league.

Super
07-25-2013, 12:38 PM

You're correct that it's only when the fans leave that change happens. Other than that we're just fed promises, but the fact that people still go will buy them time. However, even though I still go, I'm perfectly fine with declaring Leiweke, Payne and Nelsen on my shit list if they do not follow through with the minimum requirements (I feel) they should live up to. So far they've been doing a pretty good job at cleaning up the salary cap situation. In terms of bringing in replacements, well, that's where I have my worries. But they still have time. The final step is to declare to the MLS that we're a big club. That's the stadium situation. Leiweke said it himself: KC is a model. Well, have you seen their stadium? It's like comparing a super model with a crack whore. This is where Leiweke will get on my shit list if he doesn't deliver. No more feeding us with promises. Leiweke is new to the job, and we MUST hold him accountable. He can't talk and talk about huge name players and building great stadiums, and all we get is a guy we rejected at an earlier trial, and BMO Field will get some more seats, ATM's and toilets. Fuck that shit. I'm tired of the disappointment. Winning mentality starts from the top. Give us the best stadium in the league - or shut the fuck up!

Mark in Ottawa
07-25-2013, 01:09 PM
As a fan "from away" I am in a slightly different situation. I don't attend as many games as I used to because the "entertainment value for dollar outlaid" just wasn't making as much sense as it once did. Especially with the extra costs of travel and overnight lodging, making my game day experience a "same day" event by using via rail and cashing my airmiles made things easier to justify. I mean really ... if it wasn't for the supporters groups and the friends I have made thru them I might just was well stream the games as watch the games in person.

That being said if I lived close enough and could get a season seat at a reasonable price I would have one or at minimum be sharing one with somebody.
The games I could not attend I would be offering up to other supporters at cost.

I can't see the franchise being able to justify a price increase for next season but ... who knows what corporate thinking will produce in that regard.

69Chevy396
07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
One man's schmuck is another's Glory Hunter. Your opinion has been noted as it has for the past seasons.

Invest. Entertainment.
Commit. Support.

god, I thought for a second you wrote glory hole.

Abou Sky
07-25-2013, 03:23 PM
You're correct that it's only when the fans leave that change happens. Other than that we're just fed promises, but the fact that people still go will buy them time. However, even though I still go, I'm perfectly fine with declaring Leiweke, Payne and Nelsen on my shit list if they do not follow through with the minimum requirements (I feel) they should live up to. So far they've been doing a pretty good job at cleaning up the salary cap situation. In terms of bringing in replacements, well, that's where I have my worries. But they still have time. The final step is to declare to the MLS that we're a big club. That's the stadium situation. Leiweke said it himself: KC is a model. Well, have you seen their stadium? It's like comparing a super model with a crack whore. This is where Leiweke will get on my shit list if he doesn't deliver. No more feeding us with promises. Leiweke is new to the job, and we MUST hold him accountable. He can't talk and talk about huge name players and building great stadiums, and all we get is a guy we rejected at an earlier trial, and BMO Field will get some more seats, ATM's and toilets. Fuck that shit. I'm tired of the disappointment. Winning mentality starts from the top. Give us the best stadium in the league - or shut the fuck up!

This is interesting, it reminds me of seeing an interview in Egypt of a girl in university who said something like 'It has been 6 months since we got rid of the old govt and there has been no change'

A new stadium? Slow down there champ, if we see a new stadium before 2018-2020 I would be surprised.

People were going crazy 6 weeks ago about our salary cap situation and it is now solved.

People have been going crazy about replacements for a while, I have to believe it will get solved.

People have been mewing about a stadium as long as I have been going and I think it will get solved, but there are other ducks to get in a row first.

Super
07-25-2013, 03:29 PM
This is interesting, it reminds me of seeing an interview in Egypt of a girl in university who said something like 'It has been 6 months since we got rid of the old govt and there has been no change'

A new stadium? Slow down there champ, if we see a new stadium before 2018-2020 I would be surprised.

People were going crazy 6 weeks ago about our salary cap situation and it is now solved.

People have been going crazy about replacements for a while, I have to believe it will get solved.

People have been mewing about a stadium as long as I have been going and I think it will get solved, but there are other ducks to get in a row first.

I think you're missing my point. Leiweke, Payne and Nelsen are putting expectations on themselves when they talk about big name players, reinforcements coming within few days, stadium improvements, etc.. Leiweke himself talks about building world class stadiums and want to put Toronto on the map - with a great stadium and great players. Alright then, show me the money! You can't just talk about great stadiums and then do nothing. He's a big man with big ideas and have accomplished big things in his career.

We, the fans, can either sit back and allow them to feed us talk after talk after talk, or we can say: okay, you saying you're going to do A, B and C, so we're going to hold you to those promises. Or should we just say nothing and shut up? That's what got us in the mess in the first place. No accountability. We, the fans, more than anyone need to make sure that when Leiweke talks about world class this and that, that he explains in detail what that means. Not just putting in new toilets and adding ATM's to BMO.

That's all I meant. I understand you can't build a new stadium overnight. Although, MLSE could certainly afford one! I understand you can't just go out and buy any player you want overnight. Although, MLSE could at the very least afford any player on the planet. When you make promises and you talk BIG you have to deliver BIG. Or shut up!

nfitz
07-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Don't forget the pair of Raptors tickets.My gosh. I'd forgotten all about those. Those were pretty nice, given they gave me a pair, and I had a single TFC seat - in yellow. I think face value on those exceeded my TFC seasons! Not that I'd have ever have paid that ...

Still, I'd never been to a Raptors game before, and it's really not my thing, but I certainly was glad to see what it's all about!

Abou Sky
07-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I think you're missing my point. Leiweke, Payne and Nelsen are putting expectations on themselves when they talk about big name players, reinforcements coming within few days, stadium improvements, etc.. Leiweke himself talks about building world class stadiums and want to put Toronto on the map - with a great stadium and great players. Alright then, show me the money! You can't just talk about great stadiums and then do nothing. He's a big man with big ideas and have accomplished big things in his career.

We, the fans, can either sit back and allow them to feed us talk after talk after talk, or we can say: okay, you saying you're going to do A, B and C, so we're going to hold you to those promises. Or should we just say nothing and shut up? That's what got us in the mess in the first place. No accountability. We, the fans, more than anyone need to make sure that when Leiweke talks about world class this and that, that he explains in detail what that means. Not just putting in new toilets and adding ATM's to BMO.

That's all I meant. I understand you can't build a new stadium overnight. Although, MLSE could certainly afford one! I understand you can't just go out and buy any player you want overnight. Although, MLSE could at the very least afford any player on the planet. When you make promises and you talk BIG you have to deliver BIG. Or shut up!

I see what you are saying but Leiwicke has been here less than 2 months now? Payne is at 7 or 8 and Nelsen around 6.

They have shown that they are willing to do what needs to be done. I just think that constantly trying to hold their feet to the fire is going to do nothing but frustrate you.

Do I expect to hear something about players in the next couple of weeks? Yes

Do I expect to hear about a new stadium before the start of next season? Yes

But we have to be realistic about timelines. It would be near a miracle if we had a concept drawing before Feb 2014

BuSaPuNk
07-26-2013, 09:38 AM
^ I somewhat agree. There's no need to hold there feet to the fire here. They inherited a mess with the cap. There slowly fixing that mess. There trying to bring in peices that fit what they want Laba, Rey.

We have to be patient and allow them to finally build a team the way it should be. We've always tried to build too fast and just bring in any bodies that doesn't help sustain anything.

We're going to have to hunker down allow them to build for atleast this year and next. If we don't start seeing results by this time next year then it's time to evaluate what they've done.

Until then let's just do what we do. Support through thick and thin. Bring it for 90 minutes every game.

Super
07-26-2013, 11:35 AM
There's nothing wrong with holding people accountable. Like I said: when promises or statements are made we should follow up on that. Not allow them to "forget" or "fail" or blame others for why things aren't happening. I'm done with that. I'm not saying be hostile about it. But we should definitely not sit back and just allow them to run the show as they see fit without even commenting on it.

Toronto fans are way too nice quite frankly.