PDA

View Full Version : MLSE reorg announced

ensco
07-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Anselmi survives

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/mlse-announces-corporate-restructuring/article13393479/

WestStandGeoff
07-24-2013, 01:28 PM
So... no cuts, just a bunch of chair shuffling?

Shakes McQueen
07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Unfortunate, in the sense that I think Anselmi should pay for past failures, but whatever. It's pretty clear that Leiweke is the one calling the shots, still.

Did Cochrane survive?

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
So... no cuts, just a bunch of chair shuffling?

Leiweke explicitly notes that a bunch of executives were departing the company, the article just doesn't name them.

- SCott

TOBOR !
07-24-2013, 01:31 PM
ha ha - this is jokes.

WestStandGeoff
07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Leiweke explicitly notes that a bunch of executives were departing the company, the article just doesn't name them.

- SCott

Yeah, I meant at the top. By not naming names, it sounds like they're ditching some low-level execs, and expanding areas of responsibility for those that are getting kept on.

Oldtimer
07-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Anselmi survives?????? :incazzato:

Dave67
07-24-2013, 01:53 PM
So, are the people who are leaving not public faces so they won't be named, or haven't they been told yet?

NolbertoS
07-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Can you guys post the G & M article?? Some of us are too cheap to subscribe :(

Oldtimer
07-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Can you guys post the G & M article?? Some of us are too cheap to subscribe :(

No, for copyright reasons. However, if you look at it using a private session (Firefox or Chrome), then you can read the article without subscribing. :D

Canary10
07-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Brutal.

OgtheDim
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
If Bierne stays, I'm sure he'll tweet something along a "good luck" to those who got canned.

Red I
07-24-2013, 03:13 PM
If Bierne stays, I'm sure he'll tweet something along a "good luck" to those who got canned.

If they get a new job, hopefully they keep it in the east...

WestStandGeoff
07-24-2013, 03:32 PM
OK, so the Star is naming names...

"Chris Hebb, senior vice-president of content and communications; Beth Robertson, senior vice-president of ticket sales and service; and Mardi Walker, senior vice-president of people, have all been removed."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/2013/07/24/tim_leiweke_shakes_up_mlse_corporate_structure.htm l

Dave67
07-24-2013, 03:44 PM
How can you release the 'senior vice-president of people'? Is that a real job? It sounds like it came from a comedy sketch.

Richard
07-24-2013, 03:57 PM
How can you release the 'senior vice-president of people'? Is that a real job? It sounds like it came from a comedy sketch.

Sounds like a position George Costanza would have haha.

OgtheDim
07-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Peddie speak for HR. That position being off the senior team means MLSE is moving from the corporate "lets keep the people happy" messaging often seen during ownership transitions to a results focus.

Its good actually. (Well, except for the person let go but as they were probably head hunted for the position to begin with, they should be fine)

AlanO
07-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a position George Costanza would have haha.
Anselmi has a lot in common with Kruger from Seinfeld.

"Wow, did we ever take it on the chin this year!"

http://www.nationalledger.com/media/images/MISC/Daniel-von-Bargen.jpg

HuTor
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I wanted to say something brutal when I saw Anselmi stays, but I'll just say:
"MEH..."

Red CB Toronto
07-24-2013, 04:18 PM
People is actually HR, I guess it is some new age lingo. It will be interested to see who Tim replaces Mardi Walker with since a new HR person has not been announced yet.

__wowza
07-24-2013, 04:33 PM
OK, so the Star is naming names...

"Chris Hebb, senior vice-president of content and communications; Beth Robertson, senior vice-president of ticket sales and service; and Mardi Walker, senior vice-president of people, have all been removed."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/2013/07/24/tim_leiweke_shakes_up_mlse_corporate_structure.htm l

yup, because those sound like the positions in charge of making the teams win..

:facepalm: FUCK ME.

Redcoe15
07-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Turdbag Tom.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz74/victor_the_crab/TurdbagTom3.jpg

:prrr:

ensco
07-24-2013, 04:46 PM
What is going on at the Globe?

It boggles the mind that the Globe would put this story on Page A1 this morning (not the front page of the sports page, but the front page of the actual whole effing newspaper) and the people actually leaving turn out to be ticket takers and flunkies in the People Admiration Department or whatever.

Between this and the Forlan story, I'd say the Globe needs to take a long look in the mirror here. They are getting played pretty badly in the Leiweke era.

ManUtd4ever
07-24-2013, 04:55 PM

It boggles the mind that the Globe would put this story on Page A1 this morning (not the front page of the sports page, but the front page of the actual whole effing newspaper) and the people actually leaving turn out to be ticket takers and flunkies in the People Admiration Department or whatever.

Between this and the Forlan story, I'd say the Globe needs to take a long look in the mirror here. They are getting played pretty badly in the Leiweke era.
It makes one wonder if that is more of a reflection of Leiweke's desire to make headlines or inept journalism.

BuSaPuNk
07-24-2013, 05:05 PM
It makes one wonder if that is more of a reflection of Leiweke's desire to make headlines or inept journalism.

Well Tim certainly loves the sound of his own voice.

I don't buy this "rework" or "reshuffle" of the FO at all. There are people in the whole organization that have been here and in sports or Leafs, Raptors that have been part of this loosing culture that's been brewing in MLsE.

Until I see some people looking for work (Bierne, Cochrane) then it's all lip service to me.

Dave67
07-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Peddie speak for HR. That position being off the senior team means MLSE is moving from the corporate "lets keep the people happy" messaging often seen during ownership transitions to a results focus.

Its good actually. (Well, except for the person let go but as they were probably head hunted for the position to begin with, they should be fine)

Thanks. I've never heard of the term before.

tiberius
07-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Let us hope there are a few more shoes to drop - I am slowly losing some faith that Timmie and Payne really know what they are doing if/when they allow Anselmi, Bierne + Cochrane to hang around, continuing to influence the culture and send negative signals to all (inside and outside MLSE) who have watched those three fumble their way through SEVEN years of futility. :facepalm:

I can see how Anselmi might present special "advantages "to keep around for a little longer, but every day, from this day forward, that Bierne + Cochrane are around, is just a drag on everyone's future...IMHO

If they can' figure out the "ABC "problem and the obvious way to fix it, I don't hold out a lot of hope for Toronto FC. I think I may have been sucked in to believing that Payne actually wanted a culture change, and could deliver, based upon the speedy exit of Mr. short pants, when in fact he may not have the where-with-all or cajones to do the job. I remain onside with these guys, but I have some doubt creeping in - I can't help it...

ryan
07-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Unfortunate, in the sense that I think Anselmi should pay for past failures, but whatever. It's pretty clear that Leiweke is the one calling the shots, still.

Did Cochrane survive?

- Scott

The cockroach has been around for 350,000,000 years. You just can't get rid of it that easily.

jloome
07-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Media sucks atrociously, always did for the most part, but now the suckage is complete. Not exaggerating, broken record, lived it, blah blah etc etc.

tfcleeds
07-24-2013, 08:40 PM

They aren't the paper I thought they were.

Masked Man
07-24-2013, 10:08 PM

Good point. Nobody who has had their hands on the sports teams got canned. They just changed titles & got shuffled around...a non-news story. Could it be to try & take the heat off of the statements he has made that has irked some people?

Solo La Maglia
07-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I have been looking for positions of "senior vice-president of people" all day. Can't find any.

Suds
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Pretty standard reorg by the looks of it. New CEO comes in then brings in their team of lead Sr. Execs to execute the plan.

There will likely be more changes once Tim's team is in place and they have each had a chance to assess their departments and staff. Sadly, none of these changes seem like they'll make any difference to on field results.

Cashcleaner
07-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Anselmi survives

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/mlse-announces-corporate-restructuring/article13393479/

Did Cochrane survive?

- Scott

I'm gonna be honest (and when have I ever NOT been?), but the fact that Anselmi is believed to have some managerial and leadership qualities which warrants his continued employment actually puts Leiweke's managerial and leadership qualities in question.

You know, that whole tweet congratulating the Impact had to have been the biggest, most fucked-up, most distressful indicator of just how completely out of touch Paul B can get.