PDA

View Full Version : Post-game frustration thread

sully
07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
well, I feel really frustrated.. (not new among you I'm sure) so I want outlet here...

supporters...Carver...Mo...the press...some of the players... - have been saying for the past few weeks/months that we need new quality strikers!!! So we're are they???

thanks RPB for the outlet...

yours extremely frustrated......

would have won that San Jose gamr with a little better foresight (i.e. a better striker..)

TFC/MLSE - do the care??? or is it all about $$$$ ?

losing patience....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smenge
07-19-2008, 08:05 PM
take your laptop into a closet and slam the ham

sully
07-19-2008, 08:07 PM
yes, I considered that...rather I will get hammered and complain to strangers...I don;t like bullshit threads...but really annoyed by lack of action on new strikers.......thanks/..

OooooTFC!
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
well, I feel really frustrated.. (not new among you I'm sure) so I want outlet here...

supporters...Carver...Mo...the press...some of the players... - have been saying for the past few weeks/months that we need new quality strikers!!! So we're are they???

thanks RPB for the outlet...

yours extremely frustrated......

would have won that San Jose gamr with a little better foresight (i.e. a better striker..)

TFC/MLSE - do the care??? or is it all about $$$$ ?

losing patience....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With MLSE its ALL about the money, they dont give a fuck about the teams performance as long as money is flowing in.

MG42
07-19-2008, 08:12 PM
http://newshugs.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/money-tree.jpg

Juanito
07-19-2008, 08:13 PM
OK .

Lets put things into perspective. TFC played like shite. They looked like a team that hasn't practised in a while, and it showed. Maybe they haven't played enough on the wet carpet and their footing was off ... I'm not sure.

With all that being said, we DO need a striker. We also need a player that will take the team by the balls and captain it to victory. I see bad leadership out there. Normally, Guevara is that man that captains the movement on the pitch, but today, he couldn't hit the side of the barn.

Their confidence is down. They need a win to get the momentum going again. Nowhere better than on Tuesday for that Nutrilite Championship game!

Dirk Diggler
07-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Seriously, how is this MLSE's fault?

RedRum
07-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Seriously, how is this MLSE's fault?

No excuses - today would have been the first game where we could have brought in a DP and it only count for 200k against the cap. Considering the fact that MLSE has the cash and we are going to have a hell of time making the playoffs, I would say they fucked up large.

footballcanada
07-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Everyday is a lost opportunity. i'm sick of goalless home games and losing road matches. Hate to see MLSE banking on ticket sales yet no decent striker to finish the job and refuses motion to lay real grass.

MG42
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
MLSE hates football!?! Wow, I'm glad they didn't bring a team to Toronto :)

Hooligan69
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Everyday is a lost opportunity. i'm sick of goalless home games and losing road matches. Hate to see MLSE banking on ticket sales yet no decent striker to finish the job and refuses motion to lay real grass.

Laying down real grass at BMO isn't MLSE's responsibility. Go have a chat with Mayor Miller and Co.

Dirk Diggler
07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
No excuses - today would have been the first game where we could have brought in a DP and it only count for 200k against the cap. Considering the fact that MLSE has the cash and we are going to have a hell of time making the playoffs, I would say they fucked up large.

Mo Jonhston's failure to bring in a DP to Toronto has little to do with MLSE at large. Mo knows that he has the funds.

reggie
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM
face it mo is way over his head with this job.
if it was'nt for carver's connections we would be still playing martin brittain and some 38 yr old south american he has never seen b4 playing....

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM
It's starting to grate on my nerves just how easily defenders can frustrate our offence. It doesn't matter who we play, our attacks are persistently cut short or fucked up.

San Jose played utterly shite today, and we gave them a point for showing up. It's just not on.

Mojo
07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
MLSE about money? Not a chance.

Wait a sec, remember when the Raptors made the playoffs? They RAN OUT OF RED T-SHIRTS TO HAND OUT.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Smenge
07-19-2008, 08:48 PM
My favorite mlse cheap story was when they cut up the goal nets at maple leaf gardens, and then sold small pieces of the rope as souvenirs. What the fuck.

Jack
07-19-2008, 08:48 PM
And here we go with another round.

Guys, we controlled the game but couldn't score. We know our GM is looking hard for the right striker to solve our problem. We had a need in the midfield and they went out and got the guys to fill the positions.

They'll do it again. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's not as easy as opening up the chequebook and the guy appears. If so, we would already have our DP.

But so far they've been able to get it done so let's have a little faith. As soon as we have a tough game the whole MLSE drum gets banged. It's really getting tiresome.

Of course MLSE is out to make money. Winning=more games=more money. They want to win. I speak with TFC management on a regular basis and they are committed to making this happen. In sports management, success=winning=longer contracts=more money for the people involved, so they want to be successful as well.

MG42
07-19-2008, 08:49 PM
face it mo is way over his head with this job.
if it was'nt for carver's connections we would be still playing martin brittain and some 38 yr old south american he has never seen b4 playing....

LOL!!!:seeya:

reggie
07-19-2008, 08:50 PM
no MLSE no TFC bottomline....
they just don't know how to hire the right guys to run the teams...

Oldtimer
07-19-2008, 08:51 PM
As far as signing players...

Carver's respected in Europe, so he's not the problem.
Mo can work the deals, we know.
MLSE is willing to spend big $$$ on a DP, if media reports are correct.
So the problem is...

... our plastic pitch. Regardless of it being safer, etc., it looks like it will be almost impossible to land a top player as long as we play on plastic.

Unfortunately, the whole "public use" aspect that the city council insisted on is coming back to haunt us.

MG42
07-19-2008, 08:52 PM
And here we go with another round.

Guys, we controlled the game but couldn't score. We know our GM is looking hard for the right striker to solve our problem. We had a need in the midfield and they went out and got the guys to fill the positions.

They'll do it again. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's not as easy as opening up the chequebook and the guy appears. If so, we would already have our DP.

But so far they've been able to get it done so let's have a little faith. As soon as we have a tough game the whole MLSE drum gets banged. It's really getting tiresome.

Of course MLSE is out to make money. Winning=more games=more money. They want to win. I speak with TFC management on a regular basis and they are committed to making this happen. In sports management, success=winning=longer contracts=more money for the people involved, so they want to be successful as well.

Ummm sorry, we just had a 0-0 draw at home against the last place team, no logic for at least 24 hours please...you should know the rules :)

Jack
07-19-2008, 08:52 PM
no MLSE no TFC bottomline....
they just don't know how to hire the right guys to run the teams...

Right...TFC is a disaster. It's being run into the ground.

Getting good young players and bringing in very solid veterans is a really bad way to run the team.

You can't expect them to sign a cup winning team in a matter of weeks, or even months. These things need to be built, not bought. Look at how well buying it did for the Leafs ;)

reggie
07-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Getting good young players and bringing in very solid veterans is a really bad way to run the team.

You can't expect them to sign a cup winning team in a matter of weeks, or even months. These things need to be built, not bought. Look at how well buying it did for the Leafs ;)
i'm talking about fergy, babcock, mojo!!!!

Jack
07-19-2008, 08:58 PM
i'm talking about fergy, babcock, mojo!!!!

Fergy and Babcock are gone. Mojo is doing a pretty good job as GM so far (whether it's Carver's influence or whatever, the bottom line is the GM who's brought in the players is Mojo).

I'm not trying to say he's the greatest or anything and I'm certainly not an MLSE apologist, but I think the direction that all three of their pro sports franchises are taking at the moment is a positive one.

Now hopefully it continues.

When Mojo gets us our goal-scorer there will be some happy people around here.

Kickit09
07-19-2008, 09:00 PM
on the bright side thank god Huckerby isnt our DP

Jack
07-19-2008, 09:01 PM
QFFT!!!!

kdzb
07-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Mo Jonhston's failure to bring in a DP to Toronto has little to do with MLSE at large. Mo knows that he has the funds.

It's a catch 22.

Mo is doing the leg work for weeks with players behind the scene that we were not even dreaming of.
example: Nuno Gomez,Hakan Sukur but when it comes to signing they discover that we have a plastic pitch and they say No.

This is the story of the Carrot and the stick.

The City cares only about renting BMO in the winter, then = NO Grass

MLSE don't want to spend the Money but they tell Mo to go ahead and sign a known DP.
A known DP who has to be over 31 or 32years old to want to come to MLS but when they see that we have a turf field they will say No.

Who's fault realy? I put my money on MLSE because if they really wanted to invest in Soccer in this city, they have to buy BMO from the city first.
Lay a Natural Grass second and offer big money to Terry Henry third :D

Blizzard
07-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Exactly. We should send Ibee back to Dallas. What a crazy thing to do, buying a sixteen year old striker. Mo must have been absolutely insane to do such a stupid thing. :noidea:

reggie
07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Fergy and Babcock are gone. Mojo is doing a pretty good job as GM so far (whether it's Carver's influence or whatever, the bottom line is the GM who's brought in the players is Mojo).

I'm not trying to say he's the greatest or anything and I'm certainly not an MLSE apologist, but I think the direction that all three of their pro sports franchises are taking at the moment is a positive one.

Now hopefully it continues.

When Mojo gets us our goal-scorer there will be some happy people around here.
yes jack i can't wait for that,but only seeing one goal at home in the last 6 games is crazy.....

Cashcleaner
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Unfortunately, the whole "public use" aspect that the city council insisted on is coming back to haunt us.

Quite possibly one of the most ignorant things I've read. How dare the people that helped pay for the thing ask it to be available for public use?

The nerve!

Shocking, really.

rocker
07-19-2008, 09:11 PM
i'm not frustrated with the team as a whole.. I am frustrated with the fact they can't score. but you can't deny that the team created a lot of chances today.

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Man, I have to say it, and this is the thread to do so,

That was fucking BORING!

The games we've lost on the road have been way more spirited and exciting, but the team plays the most boring football possible at home.

and to illustrate this is our home record

1-0,
2-0,
1-1,
0-0,
1-0,
2-0,
3-1,
0-0,
0-0

10 goals for 2 against in 9 games......snooooze!

Jack
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
yes jack i can't wait for that,but only seeing one goal at home in the last 6 games is crazy.....

I hear you. I honestly felt like I had been punched in the balls when Guevara missed the PK.

Oldtimer
07-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Quite possibly one of the most ignorant things I've read. How dare the people that helped pay for the thing ask it to be available for public use?

The nerve!

Shocking, really.

No ignorant, really, read through my point.

The Federal and Provincial governments paid most of the cash. They didn't insist on the "public use" aspect, they paid for the U-20 tournament to happen, it was the city that insisted on "public use."

MLSE paid some cash and provided all the logistical support and expertise to get the stadium built on time. There is no way it would have happened without their help at that late date.

The city's contribution was mostly land, which was already sitting there at Exhibition Place. So do they have the right to insist on their "pound of flesh" for ponying up the land? Absolutely. Has it hurt our team. Also true, without a doubt.

Oldtimer
07-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I hear you. I honestly felt like I had been punched in the balls when Guevara missed the PK.

I agree +1

Cashcleaner
07-19-2008, 09:47 PM
No ignorant, really, read through my point.

The Federal and Provincial governments paid most of the cash. They didn't insist on the "public use" aspect, they paid for the U-20 tournament to happen, it was the city that insisted on "public use."

MLSE paid some cash and provided all the logistical support and expertise to get the stadium built on time. There is no way it would have happened without their help at that late date.

The city's contribution was mostly land, which was already sitting there at Exhibition Place. So do they have the right to insist on their "pound of flesh" for ponying up the land? Absolutely. Has it hurt our team. Also true, without a doubt.

Are you sure that the province and feds didn't make a similar stipulation either? Also remember that the CSA/OSA had a hand in the whole deal as well to get the thing built and when you figure they get a lot of their funding from memberships... well, you get the idea.

The bottom line is simple: We wouldn't be in this situation if MLSE just did the right thing and built their own grounds from the start. The problem is that what's done is done and it's gonna be hard to change matters.

noochie
07-19-2008, 10:35 PM
All the ragging on MLSE is disgraceful. Those who do it should perhaps learn how a business is run... it is pretty easy to spend money that isn't yours isn't it.

Imagine a business in existence to make money... shameful.

noochie
07-19-2008, 10:39 PM
The bottom line is simple: We wouldn't be in this situation if MLSE just did the right thing and built their own grounds from the start. The problem is that what's done is done and it's gonna be hard to change matters.

The problem becomes this though... who in their right mind would have spent $70 million dollars to build a stadium with no history of a truly successful soccer franchise anywhere in this country? Pay on top of that expansion fees + salaries... c'mon... no one saw this coming.

In hindsight it would have been a no brainer, that is why hindsight is indeed 20/20.

flatpicker
07-19-2008, 10:41 PM
and that is why MLSE should just leave BMO to the Argos and go build their own soccer stadium!

:)

noochie
07-19-2008, 10:44 PM
and that is why MLSE should just leave BMO to the Argos and go build their own soccer stadium!

:)

The roof and grass would be definites... call it foresight I suppose ;) (also 20/20)

Daveisonfire
07-19-2008, 10:52 PM
I guess I'm the only one who saw what Carver saw today...although I was watching the game on TV, to be fair.

Rocco
07-19-2008, 10:56 PM
The roof and grass would be definites... call it foresight I suppose ;) (also 20/20)

honestly, i don't think that's the reason why we're not performing. Some of the guys on the pitch today aren't passionate about the game. I'm not going to call out players or point fingers but you can see it. Also there is a lack of chemistry between the players and that takes a bit of time. It is not easy building a team from scratch in any level... whether it is just a lower division or as high up as the MLS, it's just not easy to get 15 or 16 guys that have egos to get along. Carver does an excellent job coaching these guys i think. Some guys that are negativly contributing to the club gotta go and some guys that bring it to every game 100% are for keeps. Emphasis is on the difficulty of building a team from scrach is key for future success. We can either make it easier or harder, depending on who we sign and drop in the next little while

giambac
07-19-2008, 10:56 PM
As far as signing players...

Carver's respected in Europe, so he's not the problem.
Mo can work the deals, we know.
MLSE is willing to spend big $$$ on a DP, if media reports are correct.
So the problem is...

... our plastic pitch. Regardless of it being safer, etc., it looks like it will be almost impossible to land a top player as long as we play on plastic.

Here you go with the field turf again

same excuse over and over again.

You are going to blame an 8 game winless streak on the field turf

the field turf is at the root of all our problems??????

giambac
07-19-2008, 10:58 PM

The nerve!

Shocking, really.
I have to agree with you.

It ha sto be the stupidest comments on the forum.

we the taxpayers paid for the stadium an dwe shouldn/t have the right to use it.

Talk about ignorance

werewolf
07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
^ Are you saying we can't blame our winless streak on one factor?

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Are you sure that the province and feds didn't make a similar stipulation either? Also remember that the CSA/OSA had a hand in the whole deal as well to get the thing built and when you figure they get a lot of their funding from memberships... well, you get the idea.

your nitpicking, cash and defending a future of mediocrity.

The bottom line is that public abuse of the stadium is hurting the development of the city's professional soccer team and a solution needs to be found for the good of all. That bubble actually costs in the winter, and much of the community usage doesn't require a multi million dollar, 20,000 seater facility in downtown Toronto.

Stryker
07-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Im thinking at this point they`d take the opprotunity and put in grass if the turf was say... destroyed in an accident.

*goes to find bolt cutters and a jerry can*

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I have to agree with you.

It ha sto be the stupidest comments on the forum.

we the taxpayers paid for the stadium an dwe shouldn/t have the right to use it.

Talk about ignorance

You want to use it, then get used to the mediocrity and stop blaming the coaches for being unable to secure decent players, and also for the mediocre football that we've seen so much of.

The taxpayers benefit from the money that is circulating through Toronto's economy, fuck, why should $60 million of taxpayers money go into a fucking opera house, or an art gallery? why should working people like us be disenfranchised from our sources of entertainment or 'arts'?

Every taxpayer who has enjoyed a game at BMO, watching a professional soccer team has benefited for their contribution. I'm a taxpayer, I've paid a lot of taxes since ive been here, what's wrong with some of that money being invested in elevating professional soccer in this country for my benefit and those of the great many citizens who love soccer?

Also,The taxpayers like Joe who runs shoeless have benefited from the team, the TTC has benefited as well no doubt, there are taxpayers all over Toronto benefiting from the fact that TFC exists, and you are telling me it's ignorant to suggest that public usage isnt necessarily that fucking important in the grand schem of things?

trane
07-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Man, I have to say it, and this is the thread to do so,

That was fucking BORING!

The games we've lost on the road have been way more spirited and exciting, but the team plays the most boring football possible at home.

and to illustrate this is our home record

1-0,
2-0,
1-1,
0-0,
1-0,
2-0,
3-1,
0-0,
0-0

10 goals for 2 against in 9 games......snooooze!

In principal, I do not mind, the type of game we play at home. However, we should be able to score more often. If you are going to play that type of game you need strikers and mids that will take advantage of every opportunity. Right now we do not have that. Plus I do not understand why we cannot play the same strong defensive game on the road, if we could we would be way ahead.

At home we play a solid defensive game, but nevertheless should be able to produce more goals, and on the road were we should export this same game, we are just no able to. This is my frustration. You have to be able to score on an the Quakes. We certainly have enough offensive tallent score at least on goal.

giambac
07-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Add another winless game.

At home , versus an expansion team in what was perhaps the most important game of the season.

How can the team play such boring uninspired game. The players had no inspiration, no drive, no killer extinct.

i know there will be excuses, Guevera missing the PK, Robert trying to take on 2-3 guys at a time etc etc etc,
but there is no excuse for the way the team played today or the way they have played in their past 8 games

Tie to Kc, Tie to an expansion team, Lose and tie to a USL team......

There has to be concern here. This isn't the same team that looked like they would contend after the first 8-10 games of the season. There was no motivation today as if they didn't care. How could they not get up for this game?

Are the palyers not as good as first thought? Has the coach lost his players, have the players lost confidence in the coach. Whatever it is this team is resembling last season's team.

No more excuses, everyone said they would turn it around today vs SJ and on Tuesday vs Montreal.

Carver was even quoted as saying "i'll drink one or two pints with Huckerby after we take 3 points from them"

Well they didn't deliver.., he didn't deliver on his words...

The schedule is tough from now to the end of the year.

They have themselves to blame. some will say it is the players, som ethe coach, I think it's a combination of the two but something has to be done soon.

noochie
07-19-2008, 11:13 PM
honestly, i don't think that's the reason why we're not performing...

Not too sure why you quoted me on your comment. I was responding tounge in cheek about the facilities, not the quality of play.

However, with grass the organization would likely be able to attract a larger number of players presumably with more fire in the belly then some of those who were out there today.

In any case, my point was that it is really easy to criticize now that it is a huge success, but you have to think back (from a business perspective) 3 or 4 years to understand the decisions that went into making it what it is.

giambac
07-19-2008, 11:15 PM
You want to use it, then get used to the mediocrity and stop blaming the coaches for being unable to secure decent players, and also for the mediocre football that we've seen so much of.

The taxpayers benefit from the money that is circulating through Toronto's economy, fuck, why should $60 million of taxpayers money go into a fucking opera house, or an art gallery? why should working people like us be disenfranchised from our sources of entertainment or 'arts'?

Every taxpayer who has enjoyed a game at BMO, watching a professional soccer team has benefited for their contribution. I'm a taxpayer, I've paid a lot of taxes since ive been here, what's wrong with some of that money being invested in elevating professional soccer in this country for my benefit and those of the great many citizens who love soccer?

Also,The taxpayers like Joe who runs shoeless have benefited from the team, the TTC has benefited as well no doubt, there are taxpayers all over Toronto benefiting from the fact that TFC exists, and you are telling me it's ignorant to suggest that public usage isnt necessarily that fucking important in the grand schem of things?

MLSE is making a pretty penny from TFC.

If they want a grass stadium they should foot the bill.

James Oliphant
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM
no killer extinct.

It's hard to take you seriously when you say things like this.

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 11:18 PM
MLSE is making a pretty penny from TFC.

If they want a grass stadium they should foot the bill.

Yeah but the land is on exhibition grounds, it cant be sold to MLSE.

Daveisonfire
07-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I have to say that the absence of Danny Dichio really showed today...methinks he could have gotten his head on at least a couple of the umpteen crosses into the box from Robert, Ricketts, Brennen and Wynne.

ilikemusic
07-19-2008, 11:19 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/killerinstinct_n64box.jpg

Only like $10 on eBay.

werewolf
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM
merged.

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM
I have to say that the absence of Danny Dichio really showed today...methinks he could have gotten his head on at least a couple of the umpteen crosses into the box from Robert, Ricketts, Brennen and Wynne.

It's quite obvious that Dichio is the brains of the operation isnt it.

Without him, they're listless and they dont have a plan.

giambac
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM
It's hard to take you seriously when you say things like this.

Elephant,
It's hard to take you seriously when you have no input or ideas to add for improvement.

Sure in your eyes they ha dgreat killer instinct today.......... It showed on the scorecard.......

James Oliphant
07-19-2008, 11:28 PM
OMGZ...he called me Elephant! giambac iz da cleverst!!!!11

*yawn*

P.S. - Still waiting for you to answer the question I've asked you about 17 times now...

Stryker
07-19-2008, 11:30 PM
On another note, I`m quite fed up with refs taking what looks like a casual sunday stroll right through the middle of play like it`s their god given right.

Cashcleaner
07-20-2008, 12:29 AM
your nitpicking, cash and defending a future of mediocrity.

The bottom line is that public abuse of the stadium is hurting the development of the city's professional soccer team and a solution needs to be found for the good of all. That bubble actually costs in the winter, and much of the community usage doesn't require a multi million dollar, 20,000 seater facility in downtown Toronto.

Nitpicking? Because I'm pointing out a very obvious fact? I'm pretty sure that's the antithesis of nitpicking.

Public abuse? Abuse? Surely you're kidding, right? C'mon Exiled nobody's arm was twisted into signing any contracts here. Would we even have a stadium and a team if the city tax-payers didn't throw a cool 9-million bucks into the plan for BMO? I have my doubts we would.

I do agree we need to do something to get grass in, but would the city be up for it or not? Also, would MLSE be willing to pony-up the cash on their end?

Oldtimer
07-20-2008, 05:39 AM

*yawn*

P.S. - Still waiting for you to answer the question I've asked you about 17 times now...

Don't feed the troll. Put him on your ignore list, like most of us have.

Brooker
07-20-2008, 06:38 AM
without Dichio we look lost on offense. well, if u can call it that.

SAVE US DANNY!

(btw great fun in the bunker today despite the shitty result!)

Fiin
07-20-2008, 07:11 AM

Truer words were never spoken. I'll admit, i was pissed when he went to SJ over us... not now tho.. what a diving cunt he is.

colman1860
07-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Whatever it is this team is resembling last season's team.

Because last years team went 10 MLS home games without letting in a goal from the run of play. LMAO at your fucking stupidity. Pop some anti-depressants man.

colman1860
07-20-2008, 07:28 AM

*yawn*

He doesnt do that though. He avoids all sane arguments, while spewing "OMG CARVER DIDNT PLAY OUR BEST LINEUP AGAINST KC HOW NICE WOULD THOSE 2 POINTS LOOK NOW?!?!?!"

REDPATCHGRL74
07-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Add another winless game.

At home , versus an expansion team in what was perhaps the most important game of the season.

How can the team play such boring uninspired game. The players had no inspiration, no drive, no killer extinct.

i know there will be excuses, Guevera missing the PK, Robert trying to take on 2-3 guys at a time etc etc etc,
but there is no excuse for the way the team played today or the way they have played in their past 8 games

Tie to Kc, Tie to an expansion team, Lose and tie to a USL team......

There has to be concern here. This isn't the same team that looked like they would contend after the first 8-10 games of the season. There was no motivation today as if they didn't care. How could they not get up for this game?

Are the palyers not as good as first thought? Has the coach lost his players, have the players lost confidence in the coach. Whatever it is this team is resembling last season's team.

No more excuses, everyone said they would turn it around today vs SJ and on Tuesday vs Montreal.

Carver was even quoted as saying "i'll drink one or two pints with Huckerby after we take 3 points from them"

Well they didn't deliver.., he didn't deliver on his words...

The schedule is tough from now to the end of the year.

They have themselves to blame. some will say it is the players, som ethe coach, I think it's a combination of the two but something has to be done soon.

I truly believe that Robert and Ricketts have been part of the problem. I'm not going to blame them, but perhaps management didn't evaluate these individuals to the fullest. Like many supporters they felt these guys would come in and tear the mls apart. We can now clearly see this is not the case. Could it be that they are underachieving, is the mls tougher than eveyone thought, or are they just your average players. I pick the latter. If these 2 players would play up to their expectaions we would be much better off this season. So who is to blame the players, no, the supporters expectations, not really. So what is it, oh yeah management for bringing in the wrong guys out of desperation.

koryo
07-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Yesterday I saw 11 players mail in a performance.

We were at home.

Playing the worst team in the league.

We missed two sitters.

We missed one penalty.

After 70 minutes, we hung back and played for the point.

I'm sorry but fuck it. This team needs to give me a reason why I should invest in vocally supporting them.

This team owes everyone of you in the south end who try to make our ground a fortress. They'd better start fucking delivering.

If yesterday is a yardstick of how good this team really is, then Montreal is going to crucify us.

giambac
07-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Because last years team went 10 MLS home games without letting in a goal from the run of play. LMAO at your fucking stupidity. Pop some anti-depressants man.
Dude your looking at one side of the equation....10 MLS home games without letting in a goal..

what about the other side of the equation???
Look at least years record after 16 games. TFC record last year was the same as this years team:taz:

They can't beat an expansion team at home even after the ref gives us an unjustified PK
they can't beat a USl team - CVancouver in 2 games
They haven't won in their last 8 games....

Oh yeah this team is the next coming of ManU in your eyes..

The road only gets tougher now. They gave up easy points yetserday

giambac
07-20-2008, 02:58 PM

We were at home.

We missed two sitters.

We missed one penalty.

I'm sorry but fuck it. This team needs to give me a reason why I should invest in vocally supporting them.

This team owes everyone of you in the south end who try to make our ground a fortress. They'd better start fucking delivering.

If yesterday is a yardstick of how good this team really is, then Montreal is going to crucify us.

Please tell me who is responsible for ensuring that the players are ready for the game?
Who is responsible for ensuring all 11 players don't mail in the game??
I won't give my opinion because everyone knows it but how can all 11 players mail it in vs an expansion team.

Someone has to be accountable..

giambac
07-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I truly believe that Robert and Ricketts have been part of the problem. I'm not going to blame them, but perhaps management didn't evaluate these individuals to the fullest. Like many supporters they felt these guys would come in and tear the mls apart. We can now clearly see this is not the case. Could it be that they are underachieving, is the mls tougher than eveyone thought, or are they just your average players. I pick the latter. If these 2 players would play up to their expectaions we would be much better off this season. So who is to blame the players, no, the supporters expectations, not really. So what is it, oh yeah management for bringing in the wrong guys out of desperation.

I agree with you but I will extend it further because I'm more direct in my opinions.

Robert and RR have had time to show their skills. At the end of the day they aren't bad but they are like you said just average. Nothing more, nothing less.

So why all the hype when they came in? Why were they even brought in ? Because Carver wanted them. He coached them previously and has a history with these guys so he told Mo to pick them up. All he wants is his ex players

People are giving Carver praise, yet the team isn't performing (no wins in their pat 8 games, can't beat or score against an expansion team at home), the players he brought in aren't performing, so in my opinion you have to start looking at Carver..

Maybe he isn't what people think he is. I can't understand the love relationship with him. Look at the teams record this year vs last year at this point in the season after 16 games. The records are almost identical. People are fooling themselves if tehy think this team is way better. Look at the records, it will surprise you.

jimiv
07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
All the ragging on MLSE is disgraceful. Those who do it should perhaps learn how a business is run... it is pretty easy to spend money that isn't yours isn't it.

Imagine a business in existence to make money... shameful.

Are you a teacher? ;)

If MLSE serious about making this team competitive in the market, then I'm sure they would be able to work out a deal with the city... yes all it would take is cash and the city wouldn't give a shit about "public use" if MLSE paid enough rent to control what goes on down at BMO.

TFC isn't the Leafs and the fan base may start dwindling if MLSE runs this team like they do the Leafs. The TFC fans are great but I don't think they are as patient as Leaf fans are.

twistedchinaman
07-20-2008, 04:53 PM

We were at home.

We missed two sitters.

We missed one penalty.

I need a reason to support this team and continue my faith, but it seems they are quite content with chewing it up and spitting it back out.

I'm glad I'll be at work during the Montreal match -- at least I can concentrate on work. Yes, it's gotten that bad.

CretanBull
07-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Robert has been a bit of a let down, but RR has been very good IMO...at the very least he plays with effort.

noochie
07-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Are you a teacher? ;)

If MLSE serious about making this team competitive in the market, then I'm sure they would be able to work out a deal with the city... yes all it would take is cash and the city wouldn't give a shit about "public use" if MLSE paid enough rent to control what goes on down at BMO.

TFC isn't the Leafs and the fan base may start dwindling if MLSE runs this team like they do the Leafs. The TFC fans are great but I don't think they are as patient as Leaf fans are.

Yeah but the city isn't going to just let it go either... money talks yes, but not when politics are involved. For example they can make TFC foot the bill for grass and then still rent it out leaving a crappy pitch. MLSE doesn't own the sucker so they don't hold many cards. They need the city's full cooperation to make it work, but don't count on that... it is politics after all.

And no, I am not a teacher ;) Just an appreciative supporter with an understanding of the situation.