PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice this?? Gum chewing and Goal kicks

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
07-19-2008, 07:48 PM
ok for one Obrien was chewing gum the whole game and there keeper took every kick from outside the box

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I kind of notice the keeper kicking just outside the box but I don't know about the Obrien thing

Ratven
07-19-2008, 08:02 PM
First of all, I completely disagree with your user name.

Secondly, we chanted in 113 about Cannon kicking outside the box.

Thirdly, you can't chew gum? Maybe it was FieldTurfRette gum.

Detroit_TFC
07-19-2008, 08:13 PM
It surprises me too. Matt Reis chews gum all game long, as well. But at least he isn't running up and down the pitch. One good tackle, the gum heads down the windpipe and that's it, at least that's what Mom always said.

RedRum
07-19-2008, 08:26 PM
It surprises me too. Matt Reis chews gum all game long, as well. But at least he isn't running up and down the pitch. One good tackle, the gum heads down the windpipe and that's it, at least that's what Mom always said.

Matt Reis qualifies for exemption under the MLS penis-head clause, not sure how Cannon got away with it :noidea:

reggie
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
the way ronnie was playing today he can't chew gum and pass at the same time,he was brutal today........

colman1860
07-20-2008, 07:39 AM
I dont think Cannon did leave the box. He came close, but it seemed to be as though the ball left his hands before the line, and he kicked the ball after. Also, the assistant ref was usually in a pretty good position.

TFC OZZ
07-20-2008, 08:28 AM
I dont think Cannon did leave the box. He came close, but it seemed to be as though the ball left his hands before the line, and he kicked the ball after. Also, the assistant ref was usually in a pretty good position.

yup, that's what it was.

Taylor Twellman also chews gum while he plays.