PDA

View Full Version : TFC v Pittsburgh, Reserve game Sat July 27.

Leedsoronto
07-21-2013, 05:10 PM
KO at 4:00 pm after the TFC v Crew game.

Just stay behind after the crew game and go toward the east stand to watch.

prizby
07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
4pm? http://www.mlssoccer.com/2013-reserve-league-schedule says 7:30pm

Red CB Toronto
07-21-2013, 11:23 PM
4pm? http://www.mlssoccer.com/2013-reserve-league-schedule says 7:30pm

And Pittsburgh's website says 4:30.

Stress
07-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Is there a limit on how many academy kids play? I suspect we are a little short to field a team without them.

Leedsoronto
07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Good point, I don't know?

If anyone finds out the exact time of the game can they post it on here please :@)

Pint
07-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Isn't it just 30 min after the regular game ends?

prizby
07-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Is there a limit on how many academy kids play? I suspect we are a little short to field a team without them.

no limit; we used many academy players last year in multiple games

elironico
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Well, five actually.
http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/2012-major-league-soccer-reserve-league-handbook

GBV
07-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Have some Pittsburgh pals coming up for this (and game prior, of course).

Anyone know if they sell beer at the reserve games?

I'm guessing no, but here's hoping.

Leedsoronto
07-22-2013, 12:24 PM

I think the bar at the north end was open last time out? Not 100% tho.

You could save a couple of tinnies for the game.

fergiejr
07-22-2013, 12:32 PM
BUD area is open after game, but you can't bring it back to the stands. No concessions are open, but you can try and pre-buy before the 65th and carry it over. We were sent to 107/108 to watch the game. There is a lot of security around, and many of them don't know about the reserve game after the main game.

Pint
07-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Just talking with my buddy in Pitt who is a hours supporter. They are 2pts out of te playoffs and this game actually counts for them. He was happy to hear about the state of our roster.

Alonso
07-22-2013, 09:20 PM
BUD area is open after game, but you can't bring it back to the stands. No concessions are open, but you can try and pre-buy before the 65th and carry it over. We were sent to 107/108 to watch the game. There is a lot of security around, and many of them don't know about the reserve game after the main game.

This is the truth.

I couldn't believe it when I got into a confrontation with BMO security... I tried to explain that their was another game going on with the reserve team after the match...

They were very unsympathetic and brushing me off...

I was ready to throw them over my shoulder and throw them onto the field to see that a match was going on. (it's not their fault that the organizers have their heads up their ass.)

If these simple logistics can't be worked out... we have no hope for TFC.

BuSaPuNk
07-22-2013, 09:24 PM
^ You seem surprised. Security is almost never told shit. This would also explain people being told to sit in supporters areas.

I don't understand how they miss out on having people stay for the reserve game. Like you can always have like meet and greets with players after the reserve game to entice people to stay.

Phil
07-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Guys, stick around for this one. I will bring the white drum. Hearing as many as 50 of their supporters will be at this game.

OgtheDim
07-26-2013, 09:27 AM
IF Rey can't play due to his certificate not getting in, can he play in this game?

BuSaPuNk
07-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I would figure he can he played in the reserve game against montreal.

Pint
07-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Any truth to the rumblings that the game may change?

prizby
07-26-2013, 10:15 AM

north patio will, but don't think u can take it out of there

fergiejr
07-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Larson just tweeted that the reserve game is at 4:30 tomorrow - so right after the regular game.

Pint
07-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Well me and the rest of the "king in the north" are going to try and encourage our supporters to stay and join you guys for the reserve game. Can't let the "steel army" invade our grass even if it is a reserve game.

BuSaPuNk
07-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Might stay for this one. Should try to get a vocal bunch o support the lads

kodiakTFC
07-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Would've loved to stick around for this but its my girlfriends birthday. Enjoy the rain fellas.

Leedsoronto
07-26-2013, 05:00 PM
What rain, who ordered rain ?

Leedsoronto
07-27-2013, 10:19 AM
5 Academy players called up for the Reserve game against Pittsburgh today @ BMO(4:30 KO). Roubos,Aparicio,Jodah,Mannella and Sacramento

Yohan
07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
1-0 Pittsburgh on a terrible giveaway by tfc defence

Yohan
07-27-2013, 05:39 PM
1-0 final

Leedsoronto
07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
TFc 10 men for 30-40 min second hlf

Pint
07-27-2013, 06:50 PM
10 men because of a sending off or we didn't have enough men? Also how did Rey look in his time in the reserve game?

flamehawk
07-27-2013, 06:59 PM
10 men because of a sending off or we didn't have enough men? Also how did Rey look in his time in the reserve game?

Manny got sent off for who knows what. Everyone was kconfused

rey didn't really show much in my view. Some nice touches but didn't really contribute

Yohan
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
I suspect Rocket Robin will have more detailed report but my take.

Overall scrappy game for TFC who played down to Pittsburgh level, but Pittsburgh actually tried to play decent football and passing the ball on the ground and not too many long balls. Lack of quality in strikers hurt TFC.

Frei: Looked good, making few key saves to keep the game only 1-0. Got a hand to the ball that went into the net, but not enough on it.
Bloom: Depth level player. Didn't try to do too much and didn't show much quality. Looks more stay at back FB. Had one nice throughball to set up Aparicio with 1v1 opportunity.
Boss: Ok game. Positioning remains suspect. Deffo behind Henry on depth chart.
Roubos: Not a good game for academy player. Error on that giveaway leading to Pittsburgh goal. Didn't see anything to say he'll be good at MLS level, but he's young.
Richter: Played LB. Went forward a lot, but nothing really came out of his runs. Won't be beating Morgan for LB spot.
Rey: played 45 mins. Deffo not match fit. Won't be beating defenders for pace, but has clever touches to give himself that half a step to whip in a cross. Kinda reminds me of Soolsma, but slightly more agile version.
Thomas: wasn't very effective, and didn't look any better than Hall
Bekker: played 45 mins. Looked disinterested or clueless to what's going on in CM.
Russell: looked decent, playing LM and CM. Would be ok as first off the bench guy.
Aparicio: Youngster looks to have potential. Played kinda like Federico Higuain, looked to link up with midfield by dropping deep. Had couple of nice touches and on another day, he might have gotten a goal on his 1v1 chance. Too bad about the red card. Didn't think it was meriting a sent off, but the ref might have thought he might have shown studs up on his challenge.
Welshman: confirmed as a centre forward, not a winger. Was most effective when he was running at defenders 1v1, but needs seasoning at NASL/USL level to develop footballing brain.

Two subs Mannella and Jordah didn't offer much in midfield.

tiger
07-27-2013, 10:25 PM
I suspect Rocket Robin will have more detailed report but my take.

Overall scrappy game for TFC who played down to Pittsburgh level, but Pittsburgh actually tried to play decent football and passing the ball on the ground and not too many long balls. Lack of quality in strikers hurt TFC.

Frei: Looked good, making few key saves to keep the game only 1-0. Got a hand to the ball that went into the net, but not enough on it.
Bloom: Depth level player. Didn't try to do too much and didn't show much quality. Looks more stay at back FB. Had one nice throughball to set up Aparicio with 1v1 opportunity.
Boss: Ok game. Positioning remains suspect. Deffo behind Henry on depth chart.
Roubos: Not a good game for academy player. Error on that giveaway leading to Pittsburgh goal. Didn't see anything to say he'll be good at MLS level, but he's young.
Richter: Played LB. Went forward a lot, but nothing really came out of his runs. Won't be beating Morgan for LB spot.
Rey: played 45 mins. Deffo not match fit. Won't be beating defenders for pace, but has clever touches to give himself that half a step to whip in a cross. Kinda reminds me of Soolsma, but slightly more agile version.
Thomas: wasn't very effective, and didn't look any better than Hall
Bekker: played 45 mins. Looked disinterested or clueless to what's going on in CM.
Russell: looked decent, playing LM and CM. Would be ok as first off the bench guy.
Aparicio: Youngster looks to have potential. Played kinda like Federico Higuain, looked to link up with midfield by dropping deep. Had couple of nice touches and on another day, he might have gotten a goal on his 1v1 chance. Too bad about the red card. Didn't think it was meriting a sent off, but the ref might have thought he might have shown studs up on his challenge.
Welshman: confirmed as a centre forward, not a winger. Was most effective when he was running at defenders 1v1, but needs seasoning at NASL/USL level to develop footballing brain.

Two subs Mannella and Jordah didn't offer much in midfield.

Definitely do not agree with your assessment of the players.Thought the Academy product that played showed better than any of the regular team players that played in the game.. Roubos played an exceptional game for a 17 year old and showed poise on the ball way beyond his years,yes he had a giveway but still had a strong overall game.Aparicio had a solid game and looked most dangerous of the attackers in the first half.Jodah in the second half when he got the ball created and won a couple of free kicks in the attacking area and got one of the few quality shots on net .Manella had some good touches on the ball playing out of position but after the sending off of Aparicio got more central and looked solid as well.You should get out and watch the academy games -the boys produce a better brand of soccer than this reserve team played today.

flamehawk
07-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Definitely do not agree with your assessment of the players.Thought the Academy product that played showed better than any of the regular team players that played in the game.. Roubos played an exceptional game for a 17 year old and showed poise on the ball way beyond his years,yes he had a giveway but still had a strong overall game.Aparicio had a solid game and looked most dangerous of the attackers in the first half.Jodah in the second half when he got the ball created and won a couple of free kicks in the attacking area and got one of the few quality shots on net .Manella had some good touches on the ball playing out of position but after the sending off of Aparicio got more central and looked solid as well.You should get out and watch the academy games -the boys produce a better brand of soccer than this reserve team played today.

I agree with Roubos impressed me right at the start - so much so that I quickly asked for his name. It was unfortunate that the one mistake I saw him make in the game led to a goal - but it's all part of the learning process. Otherwise, I thought he showed great command in the air, making almost every header, and showed a decent touch for a CB. I think he has a lot of potential.

Rocket Robin
07-27-2013, 11:46 PM
pictures and details of the Reserves game played after the main game:
http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports13/13tfc028.htm

gate7
07-28-2013, 11:01 AM

great read. thanks

GBV
07-29-2013, 05:41 PM

Thanks RR.
We must have met you on the way up the stairs post-game. Me, a fellow Toronto fan and a handful of Pitt fans....you asked who gave the pass on the Pitt goal.
Your copious notes were beyond impressive.

OfficeGuy
08-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Rey was off to the side for most of the 1st half....no real effort on his part to get into the game