PDA

View Full Version : Steven Caldwell accepts captaincy

tfcmanu
07-19-2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfcs-caldwell-accepts-captaincy-with-grace/

TOBOR !
07-19-2013, 03:03 PM
... and then retires to create cap space.

THE END

Ivy
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM

THE END
Becomes a scout*

__wowza
07-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Becomes a scout*

gentlemen, gentlemen, please.. you're both right!

Ivy
07-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Haha in all seriousness, I like the guy. Very honest well spoken pro.

Ajax TFC
07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
SERIOUSLY??? WHY CAN'T WE GET A CANADIAN CAPTAIN??? WTF? NO WONDER THIS TEAM IS SO SHIT - NO LOCAL PRIDE. We need someone who grew up here to be captain, to show the other players what it really means to be proud to play for Toronto FC

g:D

in all seriousness though, I really can't think of anyone else on the team even as remotely qualified to be captain as Caldwell. He's a real leader back there, and is that CB who can up the level of the back line and mentor young defenders like Henry and Agboss. He also brings his A game every day it seems.

[NBF]
07-19-2013, 07:32 PM
SERIOUSLY??? WHY CAN'T WE GET A CANADIAN CAPTAIN??? WTF? NO WONDER THIS TEAM IS SO SHIT - NO LOCAL PRIDE. We need someone who grew up here to be captain, to show the other players what it really means to be proud to play for Toronto FC

What I remember in 2009, Jim Brennan was showing his age and didnt really play well towards the end, but he was with TFC for 3 years and the team showed some consistency.

in all seriousness though, I really can't think of anyone else on the team even as remotely qualified to be captain as Caldwell. He's a real leader back there, and is that CB who can up the level of the back line and mentor young defenders like Henry and Agboss. He also brings his A game every day it seems.

IMO, fucking hell, thats putting alot of the burden on him rather than on the coaches. He not only has to worry about his role, he also has to dictate to the other guys on the backline how to work together.

The way I see it, is the team is a group of horses tied to a buggy and the lead horse is Caldwell, he can pull all he wants but the rest of those horses on the line are a bit slow. Its exactly the same thing with Frings. We've worn ourselves thin on defense and we're only an injury to an old man from looking even worse than last season.

http://e08595.medialib.glogster.com/media/d7/d7c324b5a781e3c5256ddd90093770047609f3c6029c1f5f6b 2067fb4efafcc4/boxer2-jpg.jpg

Ajax TFC
07-19-2013, 09:12 PM
;1601935']IMO, fucking hell, thats putting alot of the burden on him rather than on the coaches. He not only has to worry about his role, he also has to dictate to the other guys on the backline how to work together.

The way I see it, is the team is a group of horses tied to a buggy and the lead horse is Caldwell, he can pull all he wants but the rest of those horses on the line are a bit slow. Its exactly the same thing with Frings. We've worn ourselves thin on defense and we're only an injury to an old man from looking even worse than last season.
right, so instead of giving it to the guy who's already being the captain out there, you would rather give it to........??

Eckersley? Richter? Morgan? Henry? Russell? Laba? Osorio? Convey? Brockie? Earnshaw?

All of them pale in terms of leadership, quality and experience compared to Caldwell. Or am I to interpret your first comment to mean that you think Ryan Nelsen or someone on his coaching staff should wear the armband during games.

Sounds to me like a pathetic attempt to turn yet another thread into a bitch-fest about how shit our team is. We get it. We're shit. Now back to CALDWELL and his appointment as captain, since that's what this thread is fucking supposed to be about

mook-life
07-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Dude fuck having a canadian captain and fuck having canadian players WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH

69Chevy396
07-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Dude fuck having a canadian captain and fuck having canadian players WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH
Our fine record having so many UK players speaks for itself.