PDA

View Full Version : Most simple TiFo ever at the last minute? 'Yellow Card' for Thierry Henry

Abou Sky
07-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Easy peasy to do, I will get them printed & cut if people will join in.

Idea:

Cut yellow paper in 1/4s and hand them out at the game.

Put following text on each paper.

"On November 18th 2009 Thierry Henry handled a ball which led to a goal by France, denying Ireland entrance into the 2010 world cup. Handling a ball to score a goal renders the goal void and is to result in a cautionary yellow. Neither of these happened so this yellow card is for Thierry Henry"

Thoughts?

I need to do this pretty quickly if I want to do 500+ of them to have handed out.

TFC07
07-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Easy peasy to do, I will get them printed & cut if people will join in.

Idea:

Cut yellow paper in 1/4s and hand them out at the game.

Put following text on each paper.

"On November 18th 2009 Thierry Henry handled a ball which led to a goal by France, denying Ireland entrance into the 2010 world cup. Handling a ball to score a goal renders the goal void and is to result in a cautionary yellow. Neither of these happened so this yellow card is for Thierry Henry"

Thoughts?

I need to do this pretty quickly if I want to do 500+ of them to have handed out.

People still care about handball incident? I didn't realize we had large amount Irish soccer supporters in our fanbase.

lobo
07-19-2013, 11:41 AM
At this point, after the last two games, I'd rather issue a yellow card to our players for playing without passion and purpose.

eustacchio
07-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Did we not do this once before? (Maybe I'm thinking of the Racism Out red cards that Pete did?)

Blakfish
07-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Are you Irish? Why do you care? I've never understood the hate TFC fans show Thierry.. he has been pure quality for his whole career barring one moment of (perceived) "madness" (although any of us would have done the same in the heat of the moment). I guess it's a jealousy thing for most of the TFC contingent.

Carts
07-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Are you Irish? Why do you care? I've never understood the hate TFC fans show Thierry.. he has been pure quality for his whole career barring one moment of (perceived) "madness" (although any of us would have done the same in the heat of the moment). I guess it's a jealousy thing for most of the TFC contingent.

I hate him b/c he's on the NYRB...

Pretty straightforward and simple...

We show him HATE b/c he's our ENEMY!

Same thing for Beckham - and for me that's tough, having spoken to the man, Beckham is a damn nice guy - but during the matches, all bets are off - and hate comes out...

Carts...

burlington Red
07-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Guess you're an Arsenal fan then lol

Pint
07-19-2013, 12:17 PM
If he is not wearing a tfc kit then you show them hate. That's why

v00d00daddy
07-19-2013, 12:26 PM

Same thing for Beckham - and for me that's tough, having spoken to the man, Beckham is a damn nice guy - but during the matches, all bets are off - and hate comes out...

Carts...

If he is not wearing a tfc kit then you show them hate. That's why

In my eyes we have no rivals and no enemies. We have bigger fish to fry than to worry about our opponents. Not to mention, giving Henry a reason to up his game will not go well for us.

It's one thing if we think that we can get him off his game and that it will help our team win....but accosting him will just fuel him when he starts doing whatever he wants to our back line.

I can see it now....we taunt him with yellow cards and he scores a hat trick against us and convinces the ref to let him borrow the actual yellow card so he can show it to the entire south end.

Then we get angry. "grrrrr I hate Henry. What a douche....wait? We lost? Ahh well. Damn you Henry!!!!"

LOL

TOBOR !
07-19-2013, 12:44 PM
At this point, after the last two games, I'd rather issue a yellow card to our players for playing without passion and purpose.

You'll have the "support the boys on the pitch" brigade after you, if you don't watch it.

Morlesio14
07-19-2013, 12:46 PM
I like Henry. I'm also an arsenal supporter

Fort York Redcoat
07-19-2013, 01:33 PM

The TFC contingent? Isn't that all of us?

This is no different than any other pisstake on opposition players. You can respect the enemy all you want.

Fort York Redcoat
07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
In my eyes we have no rivals and no enemies. We have bigger fish to fry than to worry about our opponents. Not to mention, giving Henry a reason to up his game will not go well for us.

It's one thing if we think that we can get him off his game and that it will help our team win....but accosting him will just fuel him when he starts doing whatever he wants to our back line.

I can see it now....we taunt him with yellow cards and he scores a hat trick against us and convinces the ref to let him borrow the actual yellow card so he can show it to the entire south end.

Then we get angry. "grrrrr I hate Henry. What a douche....wait? We lost? Ahh well. Damn you Henry!!!!"

LOL

This makes no sense to me.

Don't make the good player angry. The alternative being...

Ivy
07-19-2013, 01:55 PM

+1

im so confused at some of the posts in this thread...
this has nothing to do with who supports Ireland or Arsenal or thinks Henry is an amazing player. He's our opponent, who intentionally cheated to win a game. He needs to know that we will hold that against him for as log as he plays against TFC.

Carts
07-19-2013, 01:59 PM

+2... Let's not yell at the opposition, they might try and win - wait, THEY'RE DOING THAT ANYWAY!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

__wowza
07-19-2013, 02:03 PM
let's not crucify the guy for trying to pull a last minute TIFO.
that being said, i think the yellowcard time has passed (and this is coming from a half irish).

TOBOR !
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM

making him angry !

That was easy - do another one !

Ivy
07-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Earlier this year when Henry went to take corner kicks, everybody started yelling "handball"...how is that any different than actually busting out yellow cards?

v00d00daddy
07-19-2013, 02:48 PM

Cheer on your team and don't worry about the opposition. It's not all that complicated.

RBNY are top in the East. We're awful. You guys think that jeering Henry is going to help matters? Or is it just for your own entertainment?

It's a blatant attempt to fabricate atmosphere but at the end of the day, what does it matter? What will it accomplish?

I'm not saying that its a terrible idea and nobody should do it. I'm just saying that it's not something I would be doing.

+1

im so confused at some of the posts in this thread...
this has nothing to do with who supports Ireland or Arsenal or thinks Henry is an amazing player. He's our opponent, who intentionally cheated to win a game. He needs to know that we will hold that against him for as log as he plays against TFC.

You're going to hold it against a guy forever? Guys cheat all the time. Sure...this was on a bigger scale but cheating is cheating. Terry Dunfield won us a penalty this year on a blatant dive. Is he a cheater forever?

There are "cheaters" on every team? Why are we considering singling out Henry? Oh right....because he handled the ball 3 years ago in a competition that has nothing to do with TFC.

+2... Let's not yell at the opposition, they might try and win - wait, THEY'RE DOING THAT ANYWAY!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You've never worried about poking the bear? Yes, they're trying to win. But maybe we catch him on a day when he's less than motivated. We bust out a totally unrelated TIFO and he says "Fine fuck it. I'll show them".

Then what? Careful what you wish for.

Earlier this year when Henry went to take corner kicks, everybody started yelling "handball"...how is that any different than actually busting out yellow cards?

No different. It was a misplaced jeer then too. LOL

I mean really...are we a team that can justify making fun of other players right now? I don't understand this mentality. We have sooooooooo many issues that I just don't see the point in heckling the opposition right now. To each their own but it wouldn't be my thing.

Ivy
07-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Ok new idea... We'll cheer "sign some good players, TFC" "don't score on us", and "we're a bad team, can we please get better". When Henry comes to take a corner we'll compliment him on his successful career and be nice, that way he won't try to score.

And comparing a dive for penalty in league play is a tad bit different than handling a goal at the World Cup qualifiers. And yes, every time he shows up at BMO field to play against TFC, I will hate him.

v00d00daddy
07-19-2013, 03:03 PM
And that's your prerogative. Fill your boots.

Ask yourself why you're cheering. Is it to hear yourself cheer or to help your team?

Then ask if jeering Henry helps your team.

That's all I'm debating. I don't think jeering Henry helps TFC win...in fact, I think it could make an already tough hill to climb, a mountain.

I don't mean to offend. Like I said, to each their own.

Ivy
07-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Ok. From now on I will no longer sing Tic Tak or the yellow football team...

khso11
07-19-2013, 03:14 PM
i still believe in this team, i'll boo any player that's not playing for tfc (except in friendlies maybe), i don't care if it's Henry, Rochat, or Ashe. I think it's just a passion for your support.

bones
07-19-2013, 03:16 PM
I think the easiest display we could do to show our frustration with the club is to sit down quietly (a-la All-Star-Game first half) or just not show up to the next game.

Ivy
07-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I think the easiest display we could do to show our frustration with the club is to sit down quietly (a-la All-Star-Game first half) or just not show up to the next game.
Oh god Deja vu... Are we in 2012??!! I knew this was all a dream!
just kidding buddy :)
ill sit down when Caldwell starts playing striker.

Abou Sky
07-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Well, not long after posting this I had a shit sandwich land on my plate but it is funny the reactions we are seeing.

I think I have to agree with the 'don't poke the bear' thing

How long would it take to do up a cherub in a field of flowers with Henry's face?

Ivy
07-19-2013, 03:23 PM
OH OH... Part of O'Dea's transfer went to team improvement fund, which can be safely used to mow out a picture of Henry on the grass.. Now I see Paynsen's plan!

burlington Red
07-19-2013, 03:29 PM
He has been around the block enough that any abuse is water off a ducks back to him. You really think a player who has been abused at places like Old Trafford in front of 67,000 fans is going to be incensed by at most a couple of hundred of us giving him stick., won't happen.
Giving him stick is a good way to get the atmosphere going, that's why fans do it, he's the pantomine villian, just like Becks was for last few yrs, just like Suarez is abused, Rooney at Utd, Ronaldo at Real ......................

bones
07-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh god Deja vu... Are we in 2012??!! I knew this was all a dream!
just kidding buddy :)
ill sit down when Caldwell starts playing striker.

I hear ya, and I wasn't suggesting we do it, I was just commenting on the fact that it's the easiest(aka most simple) thing we could do because of the thread title.

It's all good.

Blakfish
07-19-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm all for shit talking the opposition, I just don't find chanting "handball" like whenever Henry is in town particularly imaginative. I guess I've grown up being used to slightly more creative taunts.

Cuppy
07-19-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm more thinking that we should give hints like the following
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FuC5BP8db6w

BuSaPuNk
07-19-2013, 06:55 PM
OMG that's great

Ivy
07-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Can we can we can we?? Pleasseeeee

lobo
07-19-2013, 08:29 PM
You'll have the "support the boys on the pitch" brigade after you, if you don't watch it.

ooooh i know. but if there are cards to be raised, let's own it g:D

... You guys think that jeering Henry is going to help matters? Or is it just for your own entertainment?

It's a blatant attempt to fabricate atmosphere ...

... Ask yourself why you're cheering. Is it to hear yourself cheer or to help your team? ...

wtf? give it a rest, man ... do you just post here to read your own shit on the internet? c'mon. there's no reason to question why we support, FFS.

I'm more thinking that we should give hints like the following
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FuC5BP8db6w

is it that time already?

tfcleeds
07-19-2013, 09:10 PM
People still care about handball incident? I didn't realize we had large amount Irish soccer supporters in our fanbase.

Well, I am, and I don't forget. Henry can f**k himself. (Never mind the fact that we probably would have been killed a la Euro 2012 had we made it, haha).

tfcleeds
07-19-2013, 09:12 PM

Carts...

Yeah, Beckham may be nice, but he's not exactly what you'd call the sharpest knife in the drawer.

tfcleeds
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
He has been around the block enough that any abuse is water off a ducks back to him. You really think a player who has been abused at places like Old Trafford in front of 67,000 fans is going to be incensed by at most a couple of hundred of us giving him stick., won't happen.
Giving him stick is a good way to get the atmosphere going, that's why fans do it, he's the pantomine villian, just like Becks was for last few yrs, just like Suarez is abused, Rooney at Utd, Ronaldo at Real ......................

Agreed. Do people really think Henry gives a fuck what supporters of the 'worst team in the world' think of him? Do you think it even compares to the vitriol that Tottenham or Man United fans have rained down on him? Heck, badgering opposing players is the only thing that gives me joy at BMO Field these days. It's obvious I'm not going to get satisfaction from our team eviscerating the opposition on the field (given we haven't won at BMO in more than a year now). Only reason Goldenballs was determined to screw us over in the CCL in 2012 was because he almost got hit with a beer can. He's heard way worse, guaranteed.

v00d00daddy
07-20-2013, 12:04 AM
wtf? give it a rest, man ... do you just post here to read your own shit on the internet? c'mon. there's no reason to question why we support

I don't mean to question support. I apologize for that.

I post here to talk about TFC.

Do you think heckling Henry will help TFC win?

If yes....go for it.

If not...why bother?

That's all I meant.

Commie Red
07-20-2013, 09:58 AM

"Perceived"?!? Perceived!?!?! Even Henry admits he deliberately cheated that day (he purposefully handled the ball twice -- not once or incidentally). If for nothing else, it is to counter attempts at historical revisionism like this that Henry should be taunted as the cheat he is until the day he dies ...or joins TFC. Get your head out of your Arsenal and join the fun!

burlington Red
07-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm all for shit talking the opposition, I just don't find chanting "handball" like whenever Henry is in town particularly imaginative. I guess I've grown up being used to slightly more creative taunts.

you have any examples of these more "creative" taunts.

shwade
07-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Maybe instead, to actually..you know..show our displeasure and depression with the team, we can come with cut out paper knives and all pretend to be killing ourselves?

T-boy
07-20-2013, 12:20 PM
"Perceived"?!? Perceived!?!?! Even Henry admits he deliberately cheated that day (he purposefully handled the ball twice -- not once or incidentally). If for nothing else, it is to counter attempts at historical revisionism like this that Henry should be taunted as the cheat he is until the day he dies ...or joins TFC. Get your head out of your Arsenal and join the fun!

I honestly don't know the answer - is Henry given the same treatment at other stadium's as he is given at BMO?

Personally I really don't care about the handball in that game. It happened, it was controversial at the time, I moved on. I respect the guy more for his entire career rather than one moment in one game. I still think he's a pleasure to watch live at a game, and look forward to seeing him today.

burlington Red
07-20-2013, 09:08 PM
I honestly don't know the answer - is Henry given the same treatment at other stadium's as he is given at BMO?

Personally I really don't care about the handball in that game. It happened, it was controversial at the time, I moved on. I respect the guy more for his entire career rather than one moment in one game. I still think he's a pleasure to watch live at a game, and look forward to seeing him today.

what's your opinion on Suarez

Yagbod
07-20-2013, 09:21 PM
This thread should be closed. A guy had a tifo idea AND CREDIT TO HIM FOR DOING SO!!! Right or wrong he had an idea, posted it and offered to do the work himself.

Edit: the game is over, no need for this thread. I've deleted my prior comments only to avoid grief. I still stand by them.

Ivy
07-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you everyone, for once again yelling "handball" at Henry. Lol...