PDA

View Full Version : Montreal vs Miami FC VERSUS TFC vs SJ

Keegan
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
If Montreal plays like they did vs. Miami and we play like we did vs SJ

Its not even a question who will win... Montreal will stomp all over us.

Saw the Montreal vs. Miami game on Fox Soccer Channel USA and what a display by Montreal. Gonna be really tough

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Just thinking about it makes me cringe. i feel sick.

rocker
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
no offense, by why do you people even think like that? so defeatist.
it's not like we think it's gonna be an easy game. and it's not like a USL match against Miami at Stade Saputo has much bearing on Tuesday's game at BMO.

but don't act like TFC has already lost..................

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I think it's because I had a personal Maracanazo, I was convinced we were going to win this game.

ManUtd4ever
07-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I have to agree with Keegan. I was at the game today and if TFC doesn't produce a siginificantly stronger effort on Tuesday, we will be lucky to have a draw against Montreal which as you all know won't be enough...

Marco2K
07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
We stink...

Dirk Diggler
07-19-2008, 06:54 PM
no offense, by why do you people even think like that? so defeatist.
it's not like we think it's gonna be an easy game. and it's not like a USL match against Miami at Stade Saputo has much bearing on Tuesday's game at BMO.

but don't act like TFC has already lost..................

There's nothing defeatist about it. It's just being realistic.

rocker
07-19-2008, 06:58 PM
There's nothing defeatist about it. It's just being realistic.

why does the score in a USL game somehow reflect "realism" for a Canada cup game that's happening next week?
If you want to be realistic you'd say "We beat Montreal at their home 1-0" so we have a pretty good shot at beating them at home.

I criticize games that have happened. But I never look ahead to the next game in a negative way.

If yer a true fan of TFC you don't spend the next 2 days fretting over the possibility of losing to Montreal. You spend the next 2 days imagining TFC holding the cup!

IF IF IF TFC loses to montreal, then you have lots of time to be "realistic" and complain.

rocker
07-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I have to agree with Keegan. I was at the game today and if TFC doesn't produce a siginificantly stronger effort on Tuesday, we will be lucky to have a draw against Montreal which as you all know won't be enough...

might as well kill yourself now then eh? ;)

Cashcleaner
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Did anyone here watch the Montreal v. Miami game? I did and Montreal looked to be in top form. Aside from a few defensive mistakes, they played at a level of quality that could easily pass muster in MLS.

Now, did anyone watch the Toronto v. San Jose game? I did as well and left with twenty minutes to go. Toronto wasn't so much playing badly, but it was very uninspiring soccer and we cannot afford to play at that level against the Impact. We have a Canadian national championship title on the line and the prospect of advancing into CONCACAF.

I am confident that we can pull out a win on Tuesday, but only if Carver makes some needed changes to the roster and to the attitudes of certain players.

werewolf
07-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I would also like to add that the Montreal/Miami game yesterday was in HD on SRC.

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
We must win on Tuesday! I can't take another Maracanazo!

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I would also like to add that the Montreal/Miami game yesterday was in HD on SRC.

Ugh, I wanted to watch it but damn friends have to call me up to watch Batman. Whatever...

kodiakTFC
07-19-2008, 07:25 PM
My roommate in Montreal is a impact supporter/season ticket holder and told me that the impact have been playing very well lately.

RealG-TFC
07-19-2008, 07:46 PM
My roommate in Montreal is a impact supporter/season ticket holder and told me that the impact have been playing very well lately.

I smell a sitcom!

Dirk Diggler
07-19-2008, 08:12 PM

Was the TFC game today on CBC? If so, was it in HD? If not, what excuse do they have now that the NHL season is long over and they don't have any CFL games to worry about?

Cashcleaner
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was shown in HD.

Keegan
07-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Did anyone here watch the Montreal v. Miami game? I did and Montreal looked to be in top form. Aside from a few defensive mistakes, they played at a level of quality that could easily pass muster in MLS.

Now, did anyone watch the Toronto v. San Jose game? I did as well and left with twenty minutes to go. Toronto wasn't so much playing badly, but it was very uninspiring soccer and we cannot afford to play at that level against the Impact. We have a Canadian national championship title on the line and the prospect of advancing into CONCACAF.

I am confident that we can pull out a win on Tuesday, but only if Carver makes some needed changes to the roster and to the attitudes of certain players.

I am in the same boat as you. Watched both games, that last goal by Montreal was class what a diving header.

MLS fans are getting the European SNOB fever. Looking down on USL teams as a low class when in reality it is FAR from that as they could beat MLS teams on ANY day, they are defensively and tactically aware and very aggressive. Toronto fans should know better than to expect a win vs. Montreal. In the past 10 months or so we have WON ONE TIME OUT OF FIVE to USL teams.

Since October we have a record of get this....

ONE WIN
ONE DRAW
AND THREE LOSSES

to USL teams, welcome to the real world and stop looking down on USL teams. Vancouver and Montreal can beat anyone just as we can, Vancouver showed that a couple years ago stomping all over Sunderland 3-0

colman1860
07-20-2008, 07:39 AM
This thread title makes me think BATTLE ROYALE

ManUtd4ever
07-20-2008, 09:29 AM

My thoughts exactly...

ManUtd4ever
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM
might as well kill yourself now then eh? ;)

lol, c'mon man? I'm not pulling a giambac, I'm just being realistic...

jloome
07-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Fucking USL is crap; I'm sorry, USL lovers, but the reality is that it is usually below MLS standard (although sometimes above it). And even when a USL team is outplaying an MLS team there's typically the one big fucking rhino in the room they don't like to talk about: the finishing in that league is the worst I have ever seen in pro football. Okay, conference is as bad. But that's about it.

They might outplay us, but we might still outscore them. Couple that with the chance that the non-joggers on the squad might actually fucking wake up and realize they need to go for the jugular, and I predict a 2-0 Toronto win.

CanadaLFC
07-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Fucking USL is crap; I'm sorry, USL lovers, but the reality is that it is usually below MLS standard (although sometimes above it). And even when a USL team is outplaying an MLS team there's typically the one big fucking rhino in the room they don't like to talk about: the finishing in that league is the worst I have ever seen in pro football. Okay, conference is as bad. But that's about it.

They might outplay us, but we might still outscore them. Couple that with the chance that the non-joggers on the squad might actually fucking wake up and realize they need to go for the jugular, and I predict a 2-0 Toronto win.

Would'nt know watching the US Open Cup !!!