PDA

View Full Version : NYRB to get compensation if Y.S.A is not chanted

C.Ronaldo
07-12-2013, 09:10 AM
WTF?

why are they trying to filter this chant out?

I have a great distaste for social engineering.

And who is actually being compensated for stopping the chant?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/07/11/ysa-debate-hot-among-fans-new-york-red-bulls-players-and-coaches-divided-cha

Richard
07-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Welp, this is just getting stupider each passing day.

How about a league wide supporter initiative to chant YSA for one game, show who is boss and makes you money

jabbronies
07-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I bet the MLS would love the 110 version of this:

"ooooooooooooooooooh, TWAT - YOUR SHIT - AAAARRRRGGGGHHH"

Yagbod
07-12-2013, 09:56 AM
One of the NYRB supporters groups has already told them go eff themselves. The Garden State Ultras or something like that. In their statement they conceded that it was a dumb chant that they do not participate in but they rejected the notion that they could be paid to not do it. Good on them.

tfcleeds
07-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Maybe they should put "MLS" in front of the chant for their next home game.

Fort York Redcoat
07-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Have they ever chanted

"Give us wings."????

Just wondering. Maybe it'll be more a target for NYFC fans.

Cashcleaner
07-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Welp, this is just getting stupider each passing day.

How about a league wide supporter initiative to chant YSA for one game, show who is boss and makes you money

I can't help but think that only in MLS is such a big deal made over such a silly thing. Like I posted on the MLS site, I'll stop calling Matt Reis a bald-headed Man-Ape for fifty bucks. Sooooooo...can I get any money for that? :D

Chevy
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM
I can't help but think that only in MLS is such a big deal made over such a silly thing. Like I posted on the MLS site, I'll stop calling Matt Reis a bald-headed Man-Ape for fifty bucks. Sooooooo...can I get any money for that? :D

Yeah...get ready for a whole bunch of inappropriate chants across the league.

Oldtimer
07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Such a stupid chant, though (YSA). While censorship is an issue, because who knows where it could lead, it would be great if people just stopped using YSA on their own.

__wowza
07-12-2013, 12:59 PM
not happening, http://www.empireofsoccer.com/not-for-sale-garden-state-ultras-refuse-red-bulls-ysa-payoff/

Auzzy
07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Still don't get why they don't mute the mikes in front of the supporters sections before opposing goal kicks...

TFC07
07-12-2013, 05:49 PM
What's YSA chant?

Ajax TFC
07-12-2013, 07:58 PM
What's YSA chant?
When the other team's goalie kicks, fans yell "you suck! Asshole"

TFC07
07-12-2013, 08:37 PM
When the other team's goalie kicks, fans yell "you suck! Asshole"

Oh, that's an annoying and immature "chant". SG's can do better than that!

FluSH
07-12-2013, 08:54 PM
The YSA... Is just plain stupid. When did it all go wrong??

wait... Do you think our neighbours in the South took a page from the Mexican Puto chant? Which one came first?

prizby
07-12-2013, 09:05 PM
The YSA... Is just plain stupid. When did it all go wrong??

wait... Do you think our neighbours in the South took a page from the Mexican Puto chant? Which one came first?

most of the supporters groups that use to do, the majority of them don't do it anymore; it is one of those chants like tfc clap clap, that gets renown around the stadium; most of the 'casuals' are the one's that do the chant