PDA

View Full Version : Should Beer be sold in 111/112/113 again? (END THE PROHIBITION!)

Technorgasm
07-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Most folks have a beer in their hand for long stretches of play in Supporters sections anyways.
Is it time to lift the ban on direct booze sales in the stands?
I mean. . . MLSE seems to like cash money.

Considering the abuse we suffer week in week out at BMO,
It would be a gesture of Mercy.
TFC is an abusive relationship.

Lets bring the product to the people!

LIBERTY!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2729642285_437525641a.jpg

Plus, its summer, and from my experience, Students need money.
Money for Beer.
By selling beer.
SWEET. REFRESHING. BEER.

CommradePolski
07-10-2013, 07:24 AM
I think its banned in the entire south end as I sit in 116 and they dont come over to us either. So its not just 111/112/113...

Pint
07-10-2013, 07:30 AM
I don't understand the ban... I'm in 127(supporters section) and they freely sell beer to us(lots and lots of beer).

Huyton
07-10-2013, 07:45 AM
If they showed up at half time, that'd be great, but otherwise I'm not that bothered.

I'd be much happier if there was a place to go after the game to have a beer where I don't have to yell over the noise coming from some big red truck (I seriously detest, hate and loathe that thing).

pdogg
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
North end gets cup holders, south end gets beer taps attached to back of each seat. Swipe your membership card, and the taps start flowing - settle the tab after the game online. Easy money :)

Ageroo
07-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I really don't care either way.....I need the exercise. :)

Oldtimer
07-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm sure it got banned because of some serious problems, not out of a desire to not make money, lol.
The Jays had to ban beer in some parts of the Dome for the same reason.

Personally, I'm not affected as I don't drink at matches, I don't even like spending money on an overpriced Diet Coke.

Technorgasm
07-10-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't understand the ban... I'm in 127(supporters section) and they freely sell beer to us(lots and lots of beer).

lol.
This coming from USERNAME: Pint. lol

I am sure the ban was put in place for completeley legitimate reasons.
But, its been a L - O - N - G time. . . and Iwould think we can have another chance.
Its not a big deal, I am perfectly happy to go GET me some suds.
But wouldn't it be nice to have the same service that the majority of the sections have?

We coudl get into a discussion abotu supporters, renewal rates, dedication to the team and he rewards it shoudl bring..
not sure it is apporpritate. .
jsut bring beer back to Supporters sections please.

start with Half time. work from there.

Pint
07-10-2013, 08:51 AM
lol.
This coming from USERNAME: Pint. lol

I am sure the ban was put in place for completeley legitimate reasons.
But, its been a L - O - N - G time. . . and Iwould think we can have another chance.
Its not a big deal, I am perfectly happy to go GET me some suds.
But wouldn't it be nice to have the same service that the majority of the sections have?

We coudl get into a discussion abotu supporters, renewal rates, dedication to the team and he rewards it shoudl bring..
not sure it is apporpritate. .
jsut bring beer back to Supporters sections please.

start with Half time. work from there.

Well the username is mainly a play off of my last name but yes it was intended to have a double meaning lol

Huyton
07-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Personally, I'm not affected as I don't drink at matches, I don't even like spending money on an overpriced Diet Coke.

Ajax TFC
07-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't even like spending money on an overpriced Diet Coke.
I don't even like spending no money on Diet Coke. That shit's disgusting:puke:

g:D

Ultra & Proud
07-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Not that I'd buy any but it's been years since that ban went down. It's almost a whole new crowd in the south end. Sell until the half and then shut it down. Makes sense.

cmonyoureds
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Where do I sign. Bring back the beer.

Having said that, you know MLS is thinking "how will this affect the swearing"..........

Brooker
07-10-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't even remember buying beer in 112 when they used to come around. Always had 2 beers before they ever showed up.

Just buy it before you go to your seat.... err standing area.

Solo La Maglia
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
No. Eat and drink before game and half time. Sing and clap for 45 minutes

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't care.

WestStandGeoff
07-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Beer, Yes. Budweiser, NO!

Super
07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I think it would be really nice to not waste time on getting beer. And I'm always for convenience. But I think this ban is going to stay in place.

eustacchio
07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't mind the 'ban', in fact, some people lately make me prefer it.

Petor
07-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Don't think that it will happen anytime soon!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/10/toronto-fc-takes-steps-to-alleviate-post-game-urination-issues

reggie
07-10-2013, 05:48 PM
must be a slow news day at the sun....jeeez, keep it in yr pants boys...big brother is watching.

gate7
07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
scotch!

Parkdale
07-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't mind the 'ban', in fact, some people lately make me prefer it.

yeah... people still manage to get annoyingly drunk without in-seat service.

I usually buy one before the game, and one at the half. That's all I can stomach.

side note - when your first beer of the day is a Bud Draft, you really notice just how shitty it is. I'm sorry, but it's awful.

zB8zUhjSfaU

tfcleeds
07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Attendances at BMO ain't what they used to be in general - I just find it easier to go to the concessions pre-game/halftime. There aren't nearly the lineups there used to be.

tfcleeds
07-10-2013, 08:37 PM
yeah... people still manage to get annoyingly drunk without in-seat service.

I usually buy one before the game, and one at the half. That's all I can stomach.

side note - when your first beer of the day is a Bud Draft, you really notice just how shitty it is. I'm sorry, but it's awful.

If your last beer of the day is Bud Draft, it's just as shitty - you just don't notice it as much...;)

FluSH
07-10-2013, 09:41 PM
END THE PROHIBITION!!! I LOVE THIS... LMAO... My kind of protest banner!

FluSH
07-10-2013, 09:42 PM

Faaaaaaaaaack we want lots and lots of beer lol

FluSH
07-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I must also say the guys from 110 are awesome... I recall 2yrs back seeing this guy in a green Carlsberg polo going up the stairs with Pizzas! It was like an Alien to me... I had not seeing such a being in many years! And the guys from 110 were Hilarious and sent him away... They even had a call for him... "No food over here or go back pizza guy" LOL

Technorgasm
07-12-2013, 07:50 AM
I must also say the guys from 110 are awesome... I recall 2yrs back seeing this guy in a green Carlsberg polo going up the stairs with Pizzas! It was like an Alien to me... I had not seeing such a being in many years! And the guys from 110 were Hilarious and sent him away... They even had a call for him... "No food over here or go back pizza guy" LOL

http://blogs.laweekly.com/ladaily/spicoli%20pizza.jpg

Walms
07-13-2013, 08:51 AM
I always get a large beer at the start of the game... and 70% of it ends up on the people around me, not in my mouth. Having a beer guy would be nice but do we really need it? I know I'm fine with doing me drinking pre and post match

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 08:53 AM
^MR. HAND: "Just what the hell do you think you're doing"?

SPICOLI: "Learning about Cuba, and having some food".

tfc2008
07-13-2013, 09:04 AM
There are people who don't come for the game,alone to drink and be nasty,ban it everywhere

Yagbod
07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
We should ban everything. Who knows what could go wrong? If it is possible for a few bad apples to ruin something for everyone then we should ban it all in advance. It's only a matter of time until some overly enthusiastic flag waver kills someone with a pole or smothers someone with the flag. I have almost seen it happen!!! What happens one day if someone standing in a supporters section falls over from fatigue and kills a small child??? Ban standing: anything could go wrong. Don't get me started on the damaging effects of singing on eardrums.... Some people just go there to sing!!! They don't care about the game!!! Deafness for someone is just around the corner, people!!! WAKE UP!!!!

Ban it all.

Fort York Redcoat
07-15-2013, 12:31 PM
^^Has there been a ban on sentence structure?g:D

Suds
07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
If they had any pity on those in the stands they would not only serve beer, but provide funnels and hoses as well. g:D

Carts
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Ban it all.

Well, we've already banned winning at home - so they've started this process...

g:D

Soccer Mom
07-15-2013, 01:12 PM
I think it should remain banned, some people in those sections are lunatics.

BuSaPuNk
07-15-2013, 07:04 PM
^ I would hope that is a remarked made to the tourists that often frequent these sections not the supporters.

Even though we are probably pretty looney ourselfs lol

pawlukj
07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
no beer sales in the supporters. everywhere in the world is the same, not because of economics but because of what the supporters stand for, that's to sing. 45 mins , times 2. a lot of places in Europe you can get a lot of people mad at you if your not singing... its a place to support not to slosh and commit mindless heckling. in fact, if theres one thing that I don't like its the heckling that occurs, its almost as if the dumbest heckler is the "best" out in the crowd, makes us look likea bunch of wankers to be honest. that and kids aged 12 follow suit and start thinking that's what supporting a soccer club is for

lobo
07-15-2013, 09:44 PM
absolutely yes, beer should be sold in 111,112,113 ... and corner stores and supermarkets too!

BFin
07-17-2013, 12:31 PM
There are people who don't come for the game,alone to drink and be nasty,ban it everywhere

Yes, because a couple beers and turning into a raging dickhead are most definitely 100% related to each other.

Parkdale
07-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes, because a couple beers and turning into a raging dickhead are most definitely 100% related to each other.

but they aren't not-related to each other either.

I know the drunk assholes were sober assholes before the game, but most every dickhead I've ever seen as BMO has been a drunk one. Sure the vast majority can pound a few back and still act like a human being, but you can't deny that the drunk pricks far outnumber the sober ones.

BFin
07-18-2013, 08:56 PM
but they aren't not-related to each other either.

I know the drunk assholes were sober assholes before the game, but most every dickhead I've ever seen as BMO has been a drunk one. Sure the vast majority can pound a few back and still act like a human being, but you can't deny that the drunk pricks far outnumber the sober ones.

Sorry, but the majority of the issues I have seen in 112 relate to morons doing non-recreational drugs in the bathroom. Not simply alcohol.

I think attributing beer sales in a stadium to every issue in a stadium is a fallacy and a very glib statement.

Yagbod
07-18-2013, 09:43 PM
^ It's true. I'm ashamed to say but my insulin dependency makes me go batshit fucking crazy sometimes... Fucking carbs.

eustacchio
07-20-2013, 11:34 AM
^ It's true. I'm ashamed to say but my insulin dependency makes me go batshit fucking crazy sometimes... Fucking carbs.

So that's what you've been shooting between your toes! g:D

Walms
07-20-2013, 12:41 PM
^ I would hope that is a remarked made to the tourists that often frequent these sections not the supporters.

Even though we are probably pretty looney ourselfs lol

I am deffinitly not a lunatic :party:

Ultra & Proud
07-22-2013, 08:25 AM
How about a poll on ending the sale of really shitty beers that no one wants to drink?

InBev owns hundreds of brands we get get stuck with this piss? And not even Rolling Rock, Sopporo, Keith's, or Corona (ie. beers that may actually sell).

Carts
07-22-2013, 09:59 AM
How about a poll on ending the sale of really shitty beers that no one wants to drink?

InBev owns hundreds of brands we get get stuck with this piss? And not even Rolling Rock, Sopporo, Keith's, or Corona (ie. beers that may actually sell).

I like Bud, and they sure do sell plenty of it for a beer "no one wants to drink"...

But I agree with you - they should have a much wider variety of beers for people, simply b/c it's good business...

Same company, more choices - more people will buy...

Carts...

Ultra & Proud
07-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I think lots of people just want beer and there aren't many draft options unless you are in the 113 area and like Stella, Leffe, or Hoegaarden. I really don't like any of them but they have to do the trick since there aren't enough options. At least at the Rogers Centre (same InBev deal in place) you can get Rolling Rock and Sapporo. On these high 30 degree days a Rolling Rock would go down fine. Sapporo better but they'd never get that on tap.

Solo La Maglia
07-22-2013, 07:09 PM
no beer sales in the supporters. everywhere in the world is the same, not because of economics but because of what the supporters stand for, that's to sing. 45 mins , times 2. a lot of places in Europe you can get a lot of people mad at you if your not singing... its a place to support not to slosh and commit mindless heckling. in fact, if theres one thing that I don't like its the heckling that occurs, its almost as if the dumbest heckler is the "best" out in the crowd, makes us look likea bunch of wankers to be honest. that and kids aged 12 follow suit and start thinking that's what supporting a soccer club is for
This! We have our priorities wrong. We dont have the mindet of supporters from the rest of the world. Were soft that way unfortantely. 90 minute football game and we are worrying about beer ffs.

nfitz
07-22-2013, 07:57 PM
InBev owns hundreds of brands we get get stuck with this piss? And not even Rolling Rock, Sopporo, Keith's, or Corona (ie. beers that may actually sell).I thought it was a Keith's I had on Saturday. Though I think it was my first in-stadium beer purchase this year ... and I was quite surprised at the lack of any decent beers after going to 2 or 3 stands. Quite the poor comparison to Seattle, where the previous week I saw a very impressive array of beers, many on-tap. (though I think we have them beaten on food).

Parkdale
07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I like Bud, and they sure do sell plenty of it for a beer "no one wants to drink"...

Carts...

yeah, you might like bud, but you LOVE coors lights. no accounting for taste, eh?

Carts
07-26-2013, 08:28 AM
yeah, you might like bud, but you LOVE coors lights. no accounting for taste, eh?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I never understood people ragging on other people for their taste in beer...

Same with music - someone like country or old rock, new pop, Beach Boys, or opera - what do I care...

I do LOVE my Coors Light...!!!! And the other thing I can't figure out, if EVERYONE hates it, how is it the best selling beer in Ontario...???

Budweiser is 3rd btw - behind Molson Canadian...

Now if BMO got Coors Light - I would be BANKRUPT and an ENTERTAINING MESS every match! g:D

http://livingtherun.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/coors-light.jpg

GBV
07-28-2013, 12:22 PM
They were doing south-end beer seat sales yesterday.
Not just people up and down stairs, but beer sales on walkway behind back row, too.

Phil
07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
It was funny hearing Tim L complaining why there wasn't any beer being sold in 112 back at the RSL game. Looks like he fixed that.

Redcoe15
07-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I like Bud (Coors Light on the other hand, the piss Joey Saputo serves at his home matches, :prrr:). My restaurant in town sells drafts of Bud and Bud Light. At the end of each work week, I stop off there for a 32oz draft of Bud followed by a large plate of their own take on poutine, foolowed by another 32oz Bud draft. Back in May, the owner had a dispute with his dealer so for awhile he served Molson Canadian and Coors Light.

I was not happy! :hulk:

But he eventually worked thing out and sold both brands of Buds, making me happy again g:D.

Like Carts, I'm happy with what they got, but they could stand to add more variety of beer at BMO Field.

Anybody know if they sell Bud Light Platinum at BMO Field? The "light beer" with 6% alcohol content, one percent more than Budweiser?

Pint
07-28-2013, 03:04 PM
It was funny hearing Tim L complaining why there wasn't any beer being sold in 112 back at the RSL game. Looks like he fixed that.

Yesterday was the first time i have had a stella person coming up and down the aisle... he must have made it a point to increase the beer presence.

Blizzard
07-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I never understood people ragging on other people for their taste in beer...

Same with music - someone like country or old rock, new pop, Beach Boys, or opera - what do I care...

I do LOVE my Coors Light...!!!! And the other thing I can't figure out, if EVERYONE hates it, how is it the best selling beer in Ontario...???

Budweiser is 3rd btw - behind Molson Canadian...

Now if BMO got Coors Light - I would be BANKRUPT and an ENTERTAINING MESS every match! g:D

http://livingtherun.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/coors-light.jpg

http://www.capewines.net/images/hoegaarden.jpg
http://www.saveur-biere.com/1304-2969-thickbox/leffe-blonde.jpg

Huyton
08-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I'd like to see them bring in a "beer of the Week" from their extensive offerings. Bring in a couple of kegs, and once it's gone, it won't be back for about 10 years!

And next week is the Craft Beer and Food Truck Festival at the Roundhouse (Noon to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday).