PDA

View Full Version : Need some supporters opinions on a name on a jersey

Doucet3
07-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Hey all need an opinion from you guys (and girls)

With my European club I support, Manchester United, I get there home kit every year with a player and sometimes ill grab the 3rd or away kit as well, but since Toronto FC has come into existence I've only gotten 2 jerseys, the original red one with Toronto FC across the chest and last years with my own name on the back. Now I've wanted plenty of players names year in year out but seems that there always on the out once I get comfortable with actually spending a pretty nickel on em. Was thinking about getting another red from last years with Eckersley.

Now for what I need your opinion on, over the past year O'Dea has become my favorite player along with Ecks (I've liked O'Dea for years), and now I'm content and rather comfortable with getting his name on my Red jersey for this year, but here comes in the seed of doubt I've seen a lot of supporters say he could be gone cause of his contract and a lot also say he'll stay cause for the money he's doing well and other with similar skill will cost more or the same, do you see us in our future long term and in your opinion should I get him on the back of my kit given my situation.

thanks everyone, I know it's not the most intriguing thread :P

__wowza
07-06-2013, 02:41 AM
if you've followed o'dea for years and you're a toronto FC supporter then i'd say go with that.
if he's here in the summer/next season, he's here, if he's not then it still won't change the impact he's had on you.

EDIT: not the most intriguing thread, but imagine how dull the person responding at 4 in the morning must be!! g:D

TOBOR !
07-06-2013, 05:51 AM
No need to start a thread on this, just get Eckersley.. No, wait.. O'Dea (who cares?).

bones
07-06-2013, 06:09 AM
"PLAYOFFS" as the name

047 as the number

:(

Leedsoronto
07-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Name: waived

Number: 1-22

sidvan
07-06-2013, 08:22 AM
OnLoan - any number will do

Suds
07-06-2013, 08:43 AM
OnLoan - any number will do

Thats actually quite funny. :)

I personally never get a player's name or number on my jersey. I would just go with the player you like best. Seems O'Dea might be your best choice.

The only player jersey I'd like to get is a vintage Zola Chelsea jersey. One of my top players of all time and one the best to wear that jersey. That's one player name I'd rock on a jersey.

prizby
07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Doneil Henry will be here for a few years if you are looking for something safe.

Carts
07-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Personally, I get my own name on any jersey I get... I know some people HATE this, but whatever...

My loyalty & support isn't getting traded, waived, loaned, hell even a career-ending injury won't change it - so I get 'McCartney'...

Plus, we're all allowed to live the dream & see/wear our own kit/jersey/etc...

Carts...

EDIT: the only other name I'd get now, is CARTS, since with us our board names / nicknames become who we are with everyone...

BuSaPuNk
07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
^ that's why I have my board name on my grey away kit. And will be going on this years kit

TorontoGooner
07-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I
h8
montreal

Ivy
07-06-2013, 12:59 PM
You can put my name... I'm a pretty good player

Doucet3
07-06-2013, 01:54 PM
if you've followed o'dea for years and you're a toronto FC supporter then i'd say go with that.
if he's here in the summer/next season, he's here, if he's not then it still won't change the impact he's had on you.

EDIT: not the most intriguing thread, but imagine how dull the person responding at 4 in the morning must be!! g:D

Lmao having a bit of insomnia yea?, lmao at the "OnLoan" one, thanks for the opinions guys, have been a big fan of Henry since the academy to, nice young Canadian international, good call I completely forgot about Doniel, contemplating getting Eckersley on last years kit (anyone know where I can buy an XL and get his name on it ?) Henry on this one and because of all the uncertainty O'Deas next year, how long is his contract left after this year?

Cheers

Ivy
07-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Laba is going to be here for a while.

Pint
07-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Safe choices are: Laba, Henry, Osorio, Bekker, Caldwell etc

BuSaPuNk
07-06-2013, 07:54 PM
^ ya I'm on the Caldwell wagon too probably will go on thi years jersey

Doucet3
07-07-2013, 01:38 PM
You guys actually helped more then I thought lol, really considering Henry now over O'Dea, cause Henry is consistent, young, signed Long term all the factors pointing to a safe choice, still want to get an Eckersley Red jersey from last year XL if anyone's interested in selling one ??, just a thought ahah

Mark in Ottawa
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I would never get a player name/number on a jersey. It's all about the team and no individual player.

Then again I did play with a guy who had his jersey set up with the name "Owen Goal" and the number 1/2 g:D

If forced into it I will go with the number 75 and the name "Myles Bastard" for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

Mark in Ottawa
07-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I hear there are a lot of Daniel Alfredsson jerseys available in Ottawa right now at rock bottom prices ...
oops sorry ... now back to our regular programming.

TFCAURORA
07-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Forlan

Ivy
07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Forlan
Damn lol beat me to it.
...it just won't stay original for very long.

Doucet3
07-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Forlan
Lmao how did I ever know that when my thread was bold it was gunna be a comment on forlan ahha