PDA

View Full Version : Matchday 18: Toronto at Sporting Kansas City, Sat 13 July, 8pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
07-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Bit of break before TFC travels to Kansas City, home of apparently really awesome BBQ ribs. (actually, this is a fact)

Voodooman
07-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Well we passed Chivas in the standings with that draw..slowly moving our way up?

Some reason I got a good feeeling, so I will go with a 1-1 Draw

Yohan
07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Well we passed Chivas in the standings with that draw..slowly moving our way up?

Some reason I got a good feeeling, so I will go with a 1-1 Draw
Sporks haven't been too impressive at home lately, leaking goals. Though only a magic Camilo free kick robbed them of 3 pts last game vs Vancouver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXSAb_8l3A

BuSaPuNk
07-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I have a feeling this might be a statement game after last nights performance. Say we come out with a win and a soild performance for 90 mins.

Ivy
07-04-2013, 12:12 PM
TFC outplayed MTL, and RSL... No reason why this game shouldn't end favorably

T-boy
07-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Another gap between games. This season's schedule is really crappy!

Let's hope the gap in time gives TFC room to find a couple of nice transfers to bolster us for the rest of the season.

Red I
07-04-2013, 12:46 PM
TFC outplayed MTL, and RSL... No reason why this game shouldn't end favorably

..but tied or lost the game, despite outplaying... I no longer see these as favourable outcomes. TFC is gameplanning teams out of these games, but all it takes is a little faltulence of mind, and any advantage is neutralized. It's beyond fustrating when you can clearly see the tactical and shape edge go to TFC, then watch it be eliminated by literally seconds of sloppyness

Ivy
07-04-2013, 01:22 PM
..but tied or lost the game, despite outplaying... I no longer see these as favourable outcomes. TFC is gameplanning teams out of these games, but all it takes is a little faltulence of mind, and any advantage is neutralized. It's beyond fustrating when you can clearly see the tactical and shape edge go to TFC, then watch it be eliminated by literally seconds of sloppyness
They're dropping points because of lack of chemistry. The players need time and minutes together to be able to read each others minds. Yesterday's line up was very different from the one that played RSL. Every minute that passes with these players, they will get better. As far as I remember, the only team that outplayed us was Dallas.
Going back to my point, is there a good chance TFC will lose or tie SKC? Yes... But there's also a high chance that they will win. If they play a similar game to MTL and RSL, they will win - SKC has a much weaker defense than both those teams, BUT they are very strong in midfield, which has always been a problem for us (less so since Laba came in)

Red I
07-04-2013, 01:45 PM
They're dropping points because of lack of chemistry. The players need time and minutes together to be able to read each others minds. Yesterday's line up was very different from the one that played RSL. Every minute that passes with these players, they will get better. As far as I remember, the only team that outplayed us was Dallas.
Going back to my point, is there a good chance TFC will lose or tie SKC? Yes... But there's also a high chance that they will win. If they play a similar game to MTL and RSL, they will win - SKC has a much weaker defense than both those teams, BUT they are very strong in midfield, which has always been a problem for us (less so since Laba came in)

I can't fathom how increased chemistry would have held on to the lead in that game - i think Toronto's goals showed good attacking chemistry in the final 3rd, i think the goals against showed really pee-pee poor individual decision making on the other end. Not sure mind-reading woulda helped anyone there

Ivy
07-04-2013, 02:00 PM
That's fine... Your opinion is yours. I see this team for what it's shaping out to be and flashes of greatness it's beginning to show. You can see the team from the same eyes as te Toronto star reporter this morning.

Red I
07-04-2013, 02:35 PM
That's fine... Your opinion is yours. I see this team for what it's shaping out to be and flashes of greatness it's beginning to show. You can see the team from the same eyes as te Toronto star reporter this morning.

Hey man, we're entitled to opinions, but lumping me in with that troll is straight up insulting!

Red I
07-04-2013, 02:40 PM

.. and just to clarify, i too think this team has pieces that make it great, i don't know why you inferred differently - simply think there are talent/skill/experience issues that far outweigh the chemistry issues on mistakes like we've seen recently

QBall
07-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I believe the game will mark the day after the one year anniversary of the last win at BMO Field (too bad it's an away game). Wonder how the fans should celebrate? Maybe DQ could deliver an ice cream cake to the FO?

Ivy
07-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Hey man, we're entitled to opinions, but lumping me in with that troll is straight up insulting!
I had no intention to insult you, and I apologized if my post is perceived in that manner.

Ivy
07-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Every player makes mistakes, there is no one perfect player in the world. It is however, a team sport, and overcoming and correcting individual mistakes as a team is something TFC is lacking.

Yohan
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
You don't post 4 clean sheets in a row like SKC with a crappy defence.

BuSaPuNk
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
^ Bingo!

The lads have to start playing for each other. Bad pass try a little harder to get to the ball, get into position defensively/offensively ect. Kinda simple stuff but a few guys are lacking that kind of attitude.

Ivy
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
You don't post 4 clean sheets in a row like SKC with a crappy defence.

I didnt say crappy, I said they are weaker than RSL and MTL

Yohan
07-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I didnt say crappy, I said they are weaker than RSL and MTL
SKC is tied for 4th for GA as of today (with RSL among others) with 1 goal against per game and is better than Mtl which is 13th and has goal against per game of 1.5. Nesta, he is done, or something close. I'd be very surprised if he returns for next season.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

Red I
07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Every player makes mistakes, there is no one perfect player in the world. It is however, a team sport, and overcoming and correcting individual mistakes as a team is something TFC is lacking.

Agreed

jloome
07-05-2013, 09:07 PM
SKC is tied for 4th for GA as of today (with RSL among others) with 1 goal against per game and is better than Mtl which is 13th and has goal against per game of 1.5. Nesta, he is done, or something close. I'd be very surprised if he returns for next season.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

Then again, they've only won two games without him in the lineup. Given their standing, that suggests he makes a difference. (I'll admit though against us and Colorado he looked a step off. Maybe he's hit the wall already this season.)

Abou Sky
07-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I am a pretty big SKC fan, I love watching them play as they are probably the most entertaining team to watch in MLS

That said, their defense is amazing but Nielsen is DONE, if we can get some cracks at net I think we can put them in.

As for where we are right now/brain farts etc. IMHO it is mental toughness that although being built, Caldwell obviously adding a ton of help to it, you don't build that up in a day or week. Nothing succeeds like success and I think the past 4 games and work I am sure that they are doing with the club, should help the boys walk into KC with big chests and clear heads.

Ivy
07-07-2013, 11:13 PM
6-1 TFC win.
6 goals from Forlan
1 own goal from Forlan - got confused which side to shoot on because of the equator and all that... Toilets flushing the other way...

khso11
07-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Im going to the game, any good things to see there and are the SKC fans rowdy against away fans?

Super
07-08-2013, 09:10 AM
13 pts behind Houston, but with a game in hand. Odds of us making the play-offs are terrible, but we need to give it our all from this point and onward. Forlan will be a big help. Hopefully Kouf kan get things going quickly, too. Win in Kansas and I'll start to feel a miracle on the way. Lose in Kansas and the mountain will be unclimbable.

COYR!

maninb
07-09-2013, 01:49 PM
2-0 win for KC......

Canary10
07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Anyone want to take a stab at our starting lineup? Ha ha!

Red I
07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

.. ain't touching that with a ten foot pole and gloves on. Lol I'm getting zero work done looking at all these rumours...

TFC07
07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Earnshaw is healthy now? If so, then he starts.

Line up:

-----Earnshaw---Brockie------
-Convey--Hall--Laba----Lambe
-O'Dea--Caldwell--Agboss--Richter
----------Bendik-----------------

Graeme
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM

-----------Bendik
-Ecks-Melberg-Caldwell-ODea
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba

Canary10
07-09-2013, 02:32 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba

I mostly agree with that but think it's time Lahm got a start at left back.

pekduck
07-09-2013, 02:33 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba

i almost spilled my coffee on the keyboard laughing...

Ajax TFC
07-09-2013, 02:51 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba
and somehow Reggie Lambe still finds a way into our starting XI :smilielol5: :drinking:

SamK
07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba
Ecks is cleared to play?

Graeme
07-09-2013, 02:57 PM
and somehow Reggie Lambe still finds a way into our starting XI :smilielol5: :drinking:

That was my favourite part of the line-up! haha.

Dave67
07-09-2013, 03:41 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba

Drogba would tear this league apart. g:D

Red I
07-09-2013, 03:54 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba

...and Suarez would eat this league for dinner... with some fava beans and a nice Chianti

Pint
07-10-2013, 07:28 AM
So if nothing happens before the game will we have enough healthy bodies to haw a full bench?

BuSaPuNk
07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Looks like Ecks could be back for this game which is great news. Don't think he will get a full 90 but even to bring him in late is a bonus.

Red I
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
So if nothing happens before the game will we have enough healthy bodies to haw a full bench?

Hmm... Q, Ecks if not starting, Braun, Frei, Hall, Thomas - is that a full bench?

T-boy
07-10-2013, 05:23 PM
plus welshman, now a full bench.

JayMolly
07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Looks like Ecks could be back for this game which is great news. Don't think he will get a full 90 but even to bring him in late is a bonus.

We agree. Sure have missed #27!

J&M

Ajax TFC
07-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I wonder why Welshman hasn't even gotten a look into the quad yet, considering we're so short on wide players. He's looked far better than Weideman, yet somehow Weideman still makes the bench ahead of him...

trane
07-10-2013, 07:55 PM
-----------Bendik
Ribery-Laba-Forlan-Lambe
---Suarez-Drogba

This is ridiculous. Forlan is not a central mid.

Heart of Stone
07-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Anybody going to this game in K.C.? New stadium there.

How about to Stub Hub for the L.A. Goats game? Can you legally drink alcohol outside Stub Hub or could you get night-sticked by the LAPD for doing so?

Canary10
07-11-2013, 10:05 AM
This is ridiculous. Forlan is not a central mid.

Lol. Nice.

spark
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Ecks is cleared to play?

Isn't Suarez still serving suspension?

I don't think we'll see him until the New England game.

OgtheDim
07-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Sooooooo....a lineup like the one for Montreal?

Initial B
07-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Doesn't matter who we put out on the field. With the resources currently available, we're going to lose. :(

Good thing I'm off on Vacation for the next 4 weeks. Hopefully things will look better when I get back.

Thomas
07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
You certainly sound very sure of yourself. I hope you are wrong...but if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on your outlook.

Doesn't matter who we put out on the field. With the resources currently available, we're going to lose. :(

Good thing I'm off on Vacation for the next 4 weeks. Hopefully things will look better when I get back.

cmonyoureds
07-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Fake wishful lineups...............
Betting on a loss...................

Dear Mr. Lieweke,

This is when you push the panic button.

Sincerely,
The remaining few

OgtheDim
07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Lieweke is panicing?

:frown2:

Wishful (and I'm pretty sure joking) lineups because we seem to be willing to spend money on a DP.

Betting on a loss is just realistic.

Lieweke may be many things, but based on the interview yesterday, KP is not panicing.

Panicing is getting in O'Dea and putting Ecks on a large contract and getting in Mista and getting in JDG.

If any supporters should know what panic is, its us.

Phil
07-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Anybody going to this game in K.C.? New stadium there.

How about to Stub Hub for the L.A. Goats game? Can you legally drink alcohol outside Stub Hub or could you get night-sticked by the LAPD for doing so?

Technically drinking outside the L.A. stadium is not allowed. Not that they actually enforce it, but I seem to recall that rule when I visited.

Initial B
07-12-2013, 02:35 PM
^^ Agreed. But now that we have a front office that knows what it's doing I don't think we'll see anything like what happened in the previous 7 years. Still, there was a lot of damage done to the Franchise in those 7 years and I knew to write off this year before the season started. Train wrecks carry a lot of momentum. This was the year the train wreck finally skidded to a stop and the cleaning of the debris started, with the start of building a new, modern train on a parallel track.

cmonyoureds
07-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Lieweke is panicing?

:frown2:

Wishful (and I'm pretty sure joking) lineups because we seem to be willing to spend money on a DP.

Betting on a loss is just realistic.

Lieweke may be many things, but based on the interview yesterday, KP is not panicing.

Panicing is getting in O'Dea and putting Ecks on a large contract and getting in Mista and getting in JDG.

If any supporters should know what panic is, its us.

Not the "team roster" panic button.
The "disaffected, apathetic, disillusioned supporters" panic button.

I happen to have confidence he'll turn the team around.
Filling the stadium again is another issue entirely. Used to be a pre-match thread would be 20 pages long. This one is 2.

I know the company line is that winning will bring em back. I happen to wonder if it's true.

Back to the topic at hand.

I predict SKC wins.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 03:08 PM
4 1/2 hours to game time.

KC is always good to watch. Going to be interesting to see how Richter handles Zusi.

Yohan
07-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Zusi normally plays rw if on flanks. Odea vs zusi likely

gate7
07-13-2013, 03:42 PM
perfect game for Frei

pawlukj
07-13-2013, 03:50 PM
originally this game was to be broadcasted on the score (if that is what I remember correctly), it is now only on sportsnet 360.. anybody know why that is?

Ivy
07-13-2013, 03:53 PM
originally this game was to be broadcasted on the score (if that is what I remember correctly), it is now only on sportsnet 360.. anybody know why that is?
That's the same channel... Score doesn't exist anymore.

pawlukj
07-13-2013, 03:58 PM
That's the same channel... Score doesn't exist anymore.

oh ok.. awsome

West220Side
07-13-2013, 04:58 PM
anticipation building, hoping the boys can pull out a win in a tough environment to play in.
gonna be interesting to see how we play without osorio that boy brought a lot of width to the pitch, hoping eckersley can get a full game if not majority.

Ivy
07-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Maybe Thomas wil start out wide? Anybody know anything about him?

DOMIN8R
07-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Anyone heading to Joe's?

West220Side
07-13-2013, 06:00 PM
If we play like we did against Montreal and Kansas underestimate us similar to Montreal we may just come out with an impressive game, but Nelsen needs to shape up because I firmly believe that if he made a couple changes around the 60th to keep fresh legs we wouldnt have given up 2 goals at the end.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Montreal playing like shyte so far against the Red Bulls - 2 goals down after 15 mins. Man, what's happened to their defending over the last few weeks?

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Holy Odea being transferred

tweet from the team.

dantdot
07-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Holy Odea being transferred

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/07/darren-odea-set-transfer

:O

Richard
07-13-2013, 06:39 PM
I like how its announced 30 min before game time lol. This is actually pretty huge if he is sold to a club in Europe, frees up a ton of space.

Yohan
07-13-2013, 06:46 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/07/darren-odea-set-transfer

:O

well i guess we know who told KP to take a hike when told to accept a pay reduction

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
I guess Bloom's going to be thrown off the deep end (assuming Ecks can't start).

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
I guess Bloom's going to be thrown off the deep end (assuming Ecks can't start).

Hi folks, checking from the 2am shift in Germany.

Ecks is starting, at LB apparently. Perhaps Bloom will be subbed on if Ecks isn't quite ready for a full 90.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 07:02 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Bendik; Richter, Agbossoumonde, Caldwell, Eckersley; Lambe, Laba, Russell, Convey; Earnshaw, Brockie.

#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) substitutes: Frei; Bloom, Hall, Thomas, Welshman, Wiedeman, Braun

Steven Caldwell will captain the side tonight in Darren O'Dea's absence.

Yohan
07-13-2013, 07:03 PM
that bench... *sigh*

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Pretty threadbare...hopefully it looks a lot different agaisnt NYRB.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Dunleavy and Serioux to call the game. :(

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Sportsnet feed on MLS Live. ^Still rather those guys than some of the clueless US homers you sometimes get on MLS Live.

Trying Un-blockus for the first time, works! :D

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 07:43 PM
HTF is Zusi left so open on a freekick, should have been 1-0 for KC.

TorontoGooner
07-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Any streams anywhere lads?

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/195443/2/watch-sporting-kansas-city-vs-toronto-fc.html

Stream 2 is best

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I look forward to Lambe no longer being with us.

CBTFC
07-13-2013, 07:48 PM
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/195443/2/watch-sporting-kansas-city-vs-toronto-fc.html

Stream 2 is best

I've found this one to be much better than any of the firstrow links...(but that's just me).

http://atdee.net/

TorontoGooner
07-13-2013, 07:49 PM

Stream 2 is best

Nice one mate, cheers

Yohan
07-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Sportsnet feed on MLS Live. ^Still rather those guys than some of the clueless US homers you sometimes get on MLS Live.

Trying Un-blockus for the first time, works! :D
available on MLS live for everyone

Yohan
07-13-2013, 07:51 PM
TFC not dealing KC high pressure very well, though that sharp move by Lambe was nice

Ajax TFC
07-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Earnshaw gets the ball out wide. Did anyone expect him to play the ball into the middle and not try to get into the box through five players? Yeah, I didn't either. And if KC has done their homework, I doubt they did either.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 07:52 PM
available on MLS live for everyone

Nope, MLS Live still blocked completely for everyone outside of North America. Which is effin' stupid, as if any station would be showing this game at 2:30am in Germany.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Bendik's kicks are awful. No attempt at playing through.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I've found this one to be much better than any of the firstrow links...(but that's just me).

http://atdee.net/

Not nearly as many of the annoying popup ads you get on firstrow either.

Canary10
07-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Great ball by Convey. Damn Brockie nearly had his second.

Yohan
Brockie... you gotta put that one away!

stevielarson
sigh, good work from earnshaw to take the space then play that out wide

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Dang, Brockie should have made it 1-0. But those are the kinds of opportunities that can open up when Earnie doesn't go for the glory.

neuf
07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Not nearly as many of the annoying popup ads you get on firstrow either.

Chrome + Adblock = 0 ads on any of those streaming sites.

Dkolish3
07-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Fuck

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Well that's going to make the Frei should be playing people annoyed.

jloome
07-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Chrome + Adblock = 0 ads on any of those streaming sites.

And if there's a problem with the inset ads (ie on atdhe) just install Firebug for Firefox (web dev tools), right-click on the ad, then chose "end node"

Saad's a good player. Too much space.

Auzzy
WTF, TFC with some golden chances, don't convert. KC given a few inches of room and score.

Ajax TFC
that's what happens when you constantly back off the guy with the ball afraid he'll beat you.

stevielarson
07-13-2013, 08:05 PM
sigh x2, bad time to go grab my corn on the cob from the stove. nicely finished but they just cant give that space away.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Russel is a good sub but he's no one touch midfield type passer, which is what you need against pressure.

69Chevy396
07-13-2013, 08:08 PM
that's what happens when you constantly back off the guy with the ball afraid he'll beat you.
That is also what happens when a team is a mess.

barticusz
07-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Hope Welshman gets a chance tonight. We're going to lose anyway.

stevielarson
07-13-2013, 08:11 PM
two low quality crosses from kamara when he has had a ton of space has bailed us out so far.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Richter is getting owned. If Kamara could actually use his left foot, it would be 3 for them by now.

Ajax TFC
07-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Reggie Lambe: instead of passing the the wide open CM, I think I'll pass it to the CB with a kc player beside him

Canary10
"Richter is getting owned. If Kamara could actually use his left foot, it would be 3 for them by now."

So is Eckersley. If it can go wrong for him, it is.

Yohan
Eckersley clearly not match fit

Canary10
07-13-2013, 08:19 PM
^ yeah

Canary10
07-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Lambe isn't making it any easier for Richter.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 08:21 PM
My goodness Richter is terrible.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 08:21 PM
TFC players (especially Laba) have to realize that KC won't give up on a play or a ball. You cannot make a soft pass, or a pass anywhere near a KC player. They will intercept that almost every time.

stevielarson
07-13-2013, 08:22 PM
zusi took a swing, shouldnt that be a card?

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Lambe off for somebody...

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Hopefully this will be a game of two halves for TFC...

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 08:30 PM
I think Bendik had the wrong angle on that goal. He was standing almost in the middle, yet KC had the ball to the side.

Ajax TFC
07-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Lambe off for somebody...
Welshman please.

Ajax TFC
07-13-2013, 08:34 PM
TFC players (especially Laba) have to realize that KC won't give up on a play or a ball. You cannot make a soft pass, or a pass anywhere near a KC player. They will intercept that almost every time.
They also have to realize that KC players aren't going to just give them space. They have to move around to get it. It's infuriating watching our mids especially stand in one spot waiting for the pass, expecting the player on the ball to be the one to open the lane.

nonc
07-13-2013, 08:35 PM
zusi took a swing, shouldnt that be a card?

lol yes, couldn't believe it.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Welshman please.

He certainly couldn't do any worse, and he needs more game experience.

stevielarson
watching that brockie replay im almost more disappointed with his effort on the rebound that the initial strike.

OgtheDim
Convey doesn't get into spaces much. Lambe is being given space as KC knows he is going nowhere.

I can't see Convey being a long term wide midfielder.

Ivy
07-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Put this Bloom kid on for Richter. Let's see some ATL moves.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Richter is getting no help from Lambe.

gate7
07-13-2013, 08:41 PM

Frei should be playing!!:taz:

Canary10
07-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Hall coming in. Lambe should go off. Put Russell on the right. Lambe looks like he's made of paper.

jazzy
07-13-2013, 08:44 PM
who are we? our substitute is J.Hall......we have a LONG wait my friends...this is our offense

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Jeremy Hall in for....Richter?

Russel into RB and Hall into the midfield.

jazzy
07-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Lambe is so overdue for release....I mean he's given so much time and what runs into people and loses the ball

Oldtimer
07-13-2013, 08:47 PM

For sure. Bendik is tired.

stevielarson
lol at the fat guy in the front row behind the KC goal wearing the jimmy neilsen kit and matching hair

__wowza
jesus. christ. joe. bendik.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Russel got lost on that header...has to follow his man.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Russel....uh yeah.

stevielarson
was that russell with the terrible effort to recover after the rebound? unacceptable

__wowza
Russel got lost on that header...has to follow his man.

don't even get me started on russel this game..

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 08:51 PM
WTF WTF are you guys PLAYING A GAME OR WATCHING A GAME????

Oldtimer
Bendik should have smothered that first shot.

CBTFC
Russell why the eff did you just give up!

Bendik can't save every effing shot ffs!?!?!?!?!?!

Canary10
Sixes and sevens back there.

stevielarson
07-13-2013, 08:52 PM
bloom for russell and welshman for lambe?

tfcleeds
Well, Russell at RB has worked well so far...:rolleyes:

v00d00daddy
One of bendik or Nelsen is an idiot.

Whichever of them decides to play those long balls over and over.

SKB
TFC looks just dead out there Russell looks worse then Richter at right back.

gate7
07-13-2013, 08:54 PM
true, Bendik "cant save every shot" but Bendik needs to stop turning the ball over stat!

tfcleeds
I knew this game was going to be difficult to watch - just not this difficult.

stevielarson

and again...

__wowza
07-13-2013, 08:55 PM
there was no point in that. NO POINT.

stevielarson
fcuk reggie

Marc"2L"
Could be doing anything on a beautiful summer night,

instead I'm watching this...

I love you Toronto but its not good when I question my life's direction and if I'm making the most of my time.

Ivy
So when Reggie gets a red card, can he just be out onto a plane back to Barbuda? It's closer from Kensas

SKB
Lambe is a moron..stupid foul.

stevielarson
maybe if russell can do that as well we will have our best 9 left on the pitch.

ouderwien
07-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm glad I am just tuning in now.......:facepalm:

OgtheDim
Well that's one way to get Lambe out of this game, and the one on Wednesday.

Ivy
Oh... Well... What are the chances...

Auzzy
and again...

Yup.

And... Reggie Lambe off for... Nobody.

CBTFC
and reggie lambe with a straight red. dude, pack your bags and here's your bus ticket.

adam1001
07-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Haha. Good call, sir.

Oh... Well... What are the chances...

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Look at the bright side - at least Lambe won't be available for selection next week.

Yohan
07-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Look at the bright side - at least Lambe won't be available for selection next week.

well, wed vs chivas usa

Canary10
It was the one time Lambe went into a tackle with any conviction....too bad the ball was long gone.

Oldtimer
This red card will really hurt this thin squad.

JonO
Terrible foul by lambe. Terrible call by the referee.

OgtheDim

Is it evil to hope he gets 2 games for that?

Auzzy
Yes it was a massively stupid play by Lambe.

But did he actually touch Saad?

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 09:00 PM
well, wed vs chivas usa

Forgot about the Wed. game.

jazzy
I reiterate...ffs what does Lambe actually do? don't get it no balls ...cann't even tackle with any timimg ...although it shouldn't have been a red ....I believe he wasn't touched

Milanista
the lack of technical players on this squad is mind blowing

jazzy

says it all

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 09:01 PM
This red card will really hurt this thin squad.

At least the Gold Cup contingent should be back.

Solo La Maglia
My heart hurts

stevielarson
wow, very well played but embarassing

Suds
this is just fucking ugly to watch

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 09:02 PM
This is going to get REALLY ugly now.

Solo La Maglia
Indifference starting to creep in

Auzzy
Starts off with Russel getting owned.

CBTFC
07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
eff me why can't we make plays like that. ffs.

billyfly
07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
That will make hi-lights for sure.

lol

__wowza
07-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes it was a massively stupid play by Lambe.

But did he actually touch Saad?

ref got it spot on. it was a high tackle after the ball was let off.
you could make the claim that it had the intent to injure, but the was no point in even going in for that challenge. there wasn't a buildup play coming off of it, it would've led to a backpass anyway, so what the fuck was the point?

Ivy
07-13-2013, 09:04 PM
That goal, shows the difference between a first place team, and TFC.

jazzy
07-13-2013, 09:07 PM
great goal...I love our team but our overall quality is dreadful AND going down hill. If we have to bring on the likes of Hall , Braun , starters as Russell , Lambel Richter , Bloom, and just included everyone I guess ,,,why actually watch ...This is horrible jr soccer...Mr. Payne I don't want to pay for these USFL wanna be's ...AND Does KP actuallt think bringing a Forlan will change anything?....Where's the team......I see a bunch of mindless Eckerslys out there..always out of position.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 09:09 PM
One of the problems with this game....when we bring in a creative type player, people will still say "Yes, but your defence stinks." When, really, our issues are 3 out of 4 midfielders.

69Chevy396
this is just fucking ugly to watch
little Nicky on tonight.

Canary10
Making the O'Dea announcement right before the match was a great way to throw away the game. I don't know exactly how these things work, but could he have not signed a new contract with another club tomorrow? Making that announcement now is a great way to bring the energy of the team down right before a game. Brutal.

Yohan
07-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Making the O'Dea announcement right before the match was a great way to throw away the game. I don't know exactly how these things work, but could he have not signed a new contract with another club tomorrow? Making that announcement now is a great way to bring the energy of the team down right before a game. Brutal.

i suppose O'Dea could have been 'sick' for today, but if O'Dea is not playing today, questions would have been raised

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:12 PM
ref got it spot on. it was a high tackle after the ball was let off.
you could make the claim that it had the intent to injure, but the was no point in even going in for that challenge. there wasn't a buildup play coming off of it, it would've led to a backpass anyway, so what the fuck was the point?

Yes, but did Lambe actually touch Saad? Looks like Saad is a bit of a diving twat. Doesn't make what Lambe did any less stupid.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 09:13 PM
We don't know the full story yet but there has to be a reason why he couldn't play today.

If they didn't make an announcement, they would have to explain why he isn't in the team.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 09:13 PM

I would say the moves this past week have definitely taken their toll on morale. Doesn't totally excuse the atrocious performance tonite, but it has to be a factor.

__wowza
07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Yes, but did Lambe actually touch Saad? Looks like Saad is a bit of a diving twat. Doesn't make what Lambe did any less stupid.

minimal contact at best.

if saad stayed on his feet it'd still be a yellow at the very least.

Ivy
07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
That offside call was the most exciting thing that happened for TFC all day.

__wowza
07-13-2013, 09:17 PM
welcome to fuckville, michael thomas!!

OgtheDim
Resting Laba? ooooooooookkkkkk.......

tfc2008
“Of course,” Nelsen told MLSsoccer.com when asked if the playoffs are still attainable. “As I have said to the players, we have to go in and win every game.”

HAHAHA. Wat a joke Toronto

Canary10
07-13-2013, 09:19 PM
minimal contact at best.

if saad stayed on his feet it'd still be a yellow at the very least.

Lambe can't even get a proper red. At least he could hurt him. Instead, he missed him.

tfc2008
Btw now you fans understand there never gone be players by name here so called DP s
who like to play in something like this.

OgtheDim
“Of course,” Nelsen told MLSsoccer.com when asked if the playoffs are still attainable. “As I have said to the players, we have to go in and win every game.”

HAHAHA. Wat a joke Toronto

I call :troll:

__wowza
i smell another goal coming. here comes jacob peterson..

tfcleeds
welcome to fuckville, michael thomas!!

There should be a sign outside BMO Field saying "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Convey playing tonight like he's worried about some of the new signings coming up.

Subbing Laba wasn't the worst idea IMO. He looked tired, was often overrun by some top-speed KC players, and had a fair number of bad passes. This game is done, why risk him, improve TFC's chances for Wednesday, and give the new guy a chance.

__wowza
Lambe can't even get a proper red. At least he could hurt him. Instead, he missed him.

i wouldnt wish that on anyone, but i get your point.

jazzy

Will someone write a book on how not to start and run a franchise?.....If I didn't know better KP is actually Anselmi in disgiuse because this is a perfect MLSE team.....making $$$ at the least possible cost and effort....I mean shouldn't one have some parts in place before dumping everyone or making cheap promises like we are all new. I am doubting the genius's ...What is the cost of total humiliation......our rep is gone , the team is simply individuals,....and NO ONE is standing proud.....Are Ryan and Kevin burning bridges,...I don't care who comes ( and why would they) once a team gets a farcical rep it takes huge bucks to bribe anyone to come..........

Corpand
My most hated MLS player coming on. What a prick.

Canary10
i suppose O'Dea could have been 'sick' for today, but if O'Dea is not playing today, questions would have been raised

What is going to get done on his new contract today? There was absolutely no way he could have played tonight and gone home tomorrow? Again, I don't know how it works on the business end but fuck. Every guy played with their head down tonight.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Btw now you fans understand there never gone be players by name here so called DP s
who like to play in something like this.

Not sure what you were trying to say there, probably wasn't important. But I should have done what you apparently have done -- get totally hammered so this game is less painful to watch.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 09:23 PM
My most hated MLS player coming on. What a prick.

A minute or two early.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Justin Braun, wow.

Yohan
07-13-2013, 09:26 PM
What is going to get done on his new contract today? There was absolutely no way he could have played tonight and gone home tomorrow? Again, I don't know how it works on the business end but fuck. Every guy played with their head down tonight.

because O'Dea plays tonight and gets hurt means no transfer

Ivy
07-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Everybody is hungover today. Really shameful
Thomas, however, doesn't look half bad.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Have to say, I'm pretty jealous watching this KC team. Just a couple years back, they were a playing out of a minor league baseball stadium, and were pretty crappy. Now look at them.

Suds
07-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Everybody is hungover today. Really shameful
Thomas, however, doesn't look half bad.

I'm hungover today. I should have gone out drinking again tonight instead of watching this.

69Chevy396
07-13-2013, 09:35 PM
TFC have cemented themselves as the Washington Generals of world football.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm so glad I stayed up from 2:30 am - 4:30 am local time to watch that game.

MLS is paying certain supporters clubs to stop doing the YSA chant. When will they start paying TFC supporters to watch the games?

Goodnight...

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 09:41 PM

MLS is paying certain supporters clubs to stop doing the YSA chant. When will they start paying TFC supporters to watch the games?

Goodnight...

Don't you mean, guten morgen? ;)

Marc"2L"
07-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Just a bump on the 2014 preseason. Means nothing.

Canary10
07-13-2013, 09:42 PM

Goodnight...

Where are you?

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 09:42 PM
So, how do you beat a team like KC?

When you have the ball in the goalies hands, RB and LB pull out wide and the keeper has the chance to pass out there.

All midfielders run off the ball trying to find space.

Spread those pressing forwards and mids.

Run off the ball.

LM and RM must support the LB and RB when the defenders go running forward.

When you don't have the ball, you MUST MUST MUST follow the run of all forwards and all midfielders.

You must be organized, disciplined and ready to support each other.

The only way you get to there is through developing a squad that does that and sticking with them for quite a bit.

We are not there yet.

I still believe that under KP we will get there. But we have some glaring needs in RB, LM and RM and a decent AM. I said I would give them until July of next season to call for their heads if things do not improve. They have improved but not enough yet.

We are a better team then we were a year ago. I would much rather have Caldwell and Laba and Earnshaw, along with Koevs & Bendik(who pretty much is as good as Frei) then what we had last season. And the promise of the youngsters is important.

But, we are being outfought in the midfield, out thought on our end and our forwards are the forlorn hope. I blame Mariner for what he left this team with in terms of salaries and players. I hope that KP can find us the necessary players so that tactically we are not beaten up like that again. I'm told by others that it takes 3-4 transfer windows to set your team up for success. The current management team really is getting into their first full window. We'll see what happens.

We all said at the beginning of this season that there would be a LOT of games like this. Well, there hasn't. Doesn't make the pain of a loss like this any better. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Others may disagree. Fine. That's what it is like when we support a team...we disagree.

And next Saturday, I will go to my seat, stand and jump and sing and yell and scream. Cause its what I want to do.

billyfly
07-13-2013, 09:44 PM
It's cute when my wife walks into the room and asks if TFC are winning or if they won.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Don't you mean, guten morgen? ;)

Well, I'm going to bed now, so... Just glad I took a 2-hour nap in the early evening. Needed that after drinking some mead in the hot sun at a medieval festival. :D

Where are you?

On vacation in Germany.

Globetrotter
07-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Awesome stadium.
Awesome fans.
Awesome supporters.
Awesome atmosphere.

...and that's in KC.

Has Toronto fan support drop to Columbus or Chivas levels yet? We were once the envy, how things have fallen so very much.

tfcleeds
07-13-2013, 09:46 PM
On vacation in Germany.

Maybe you could do some scouting while you're over there.

Auzzy
07-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Maybe you could do some scouting while you're over there.

I thought Herr Frings was being paid to scout Germany? Haven't heard much from him...

Benficachop20
07-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Awesome stadium.
Awesome fans.
Awesome supporters.
Awesome atmosphere.

...and that's in KC.

Has Toronto fan support drop to Columbus or Chivas levels yet? We were once the envy, how things have fallen so very much.

tends to happen when ur team is this bad.

Braun, Lambe, Hall, Richter, Ecks, Convey, Russel GTFO!!!!

Canary10
07-13-2013, 09:54 PM
On vacation in Germany.

Sorry you had to stay up for that.

OgtheDim
07-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Awesome stadium.
Awesome fans.
Awesome supporters.
Awesome atmosphere.

...and that's in KC.

They learned from what TFC and other teams did. But, ultimately, winning consistently does that for you.

That and I just checked out their ticket prices through ticketmaster: they average about $10 less for an equivalent seat. TFC should seriously reconsider the price of non STH seats.

SKB
07-13-2013, 09:55 PM
We have given up 6 goals in two games, this is a bad trend. Why? Has our back line become poor all of a sudden? No, I think it exposes a couple of points.
Firstly, the loss of Orosio leaves Laba nobody to pass to and exposes our midfield even more.
Secondly, Richter while having a bright start is looking more USL like. Most teams are attacking us down the right side and this pulls Cadwell out of the middle leaving Gale A in a tough position.
Thirdly, tonight O'Dea was out and Erksley is in which changes some of the chemistry that we had at that back, it will take a couple of games.

While I agree with the move on O'Dea, it will hurt us this season, also Cadwell is really only a two year bridge solution. He will be done 18 months from now. So we have to still build that back line. The players KP has brought in on D have not be steller. Richter and Calif have not worked out. Gale A looks decent, but has not excelled in the last two games. Bloom do not know? Cadwell has been a solid move.

T-boy
07-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure I agree about Caldwell - he's only 32. I would say he's got up to 3 or 4 seasons left in him. He seems a very fit guy, doesn't carry any extra weight. He's smaller than Nesta, so no reason why he can't play until the same age.

Jeff s
07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't get it. Tfc seem to be doing things right though.

We sign MLS rejects, we sign lower tier English league rejects, we sign draft pick rejects, we give away our top prospects for free, we give away our better players for nothing, we sign a manager with no experience, we sign a gm who ran his last time to the ground.

HOW.. how did we not win today? I'm confused

bazig
07-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Hey. SKC fan here coming in peace. Just wanted to say that I feel for you guys. SKC fans know how it feels to be in the dumps. Hopefully TFC can turn things around on the field, and in the stands. We need healthy, thriving clubs in our league.

Ivy
07-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Hey. SKC fan here coming in peace. Just wanted to say that I feel for you guys. SKC fans know how it feels to be in the dumps. Hopefully TFC can turn things around on the field, and in the stands. We need healthy, thriving clubs in our league.
*sigh*... Oh TFC...

Brooker
07-14-2013, 12:32 AM

Turn? How can we turn when we've never even started moving since our inception? :D

Cheers for the sympathy, though.

khso11
07-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Ok not the result I was looking for, the whole team broke down, and got some teasing by the skc fans there. But what was that o'dea situation all about????

Marc"2L"
07-14-2013, 01:29 AM

Is it wrong to miss the days opposing supporters would come in to troll?
But thank you.

pawlukj
07-14-2013, 01:32 AM
honestly this franchise is becoming so dejavu year in year out... ill stay patient but tonights performance and decision making by some players was a slap in the face to me

trane
07-14-2013, 06:03 AM
This franchise has been a dejavu since year two. Every season new hope, quickly killed by the reality. What is amazing that from a low start it has dug a whole. Building almost nothing positive. We are not a dogged, scrappy, physical team, we are too often 11 pylons, or eleven north american children running around like headless chickens.

I kind of blame the supporter for this, had you woken up to the reality when I did, in about year 3 and had we taken action while there was still enthusiasms for the club we may have saved this club, now, whatever dream we had may take awhile.

QBall
07-14-2013, 06:53 AM

SKC has not gone seven straight seasons without making the playoffs and SKC isn't currently sitting three points away from occupying the bottom of the league, so I doubt SKC fans have any concept of what it's feels like to be a TFC fan today. If you were a LA Clippers fan, then we can talk.

QBall
07-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Is it wrong to miss the days opposing supporters would come in to troll?
But thank you.

I don't think an opposing team's fan coming in here to troll could say anything worse than what we say now. It would be redundant. I think an opposing fan would get more of a reaction if they were to come on here and say something positive.

tfc007
07-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Well said,my feelings exactly
I don't get it. Tfc seem to be doing things right though.

We sign MLS rejects, we sign lower tier English league rejects, we sign draft pick rejects, we give away our top prospects for free, we give away our better players for nothing, we sign a manager with no experience, we sign a gm who ran his last time to the ground.

HOW.. how did we not win today? I'm confused

tfc007
07-14-2013, 07:36 AM
All I can say I cant wait for my ticket rep call for renewal this year!

Abou Sky
07-14-2013, 07:50 AM

At least don't make it so hard to hate you guys...

For those who don't know, the Wizards were in pretty dire straits so KC fans have some idea of what it is like to be a shit team.

Anyway, I called from beginning that KC would win supporters shield, I still think that will happen. They are my favorite team after TFC and IMO play the most watchable soccer in MLS

Oldtimer
07-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Fact is, TFC is at the low point that comes in any MLS rebuild -- when you've gotten rid of your marketable players to free up cap space but haven't yet brought in their replacements.

Anyone that thought that this game would be anything other than a loss against one of the top teams would be dreaming.

However, the next step in the rebuild is bringing in several good key players. You'd be surprised at how a few good signings can change the nature of a team. As I said at the beginning of the year, I expect very few players who were starting for TFC at the start of the season to be starting in 2014. Many will be gone, some may be relegated to the bench, but the team will look quite different. We haven't seen Payne's team yet, not even close.

RSL went through the same type of struggles while rebuilding, and so did KC. The results came later.

ensco
07-14-2013, 08:00 AM
All I can say I cant wait for my ticket rep call for renewal this year!

This year was a writeoff, who could be surprised by that?

I took the year off, but could come next year, actually.

They have now dealt with 3 of the 5 problem contracts they inherited (Frings, Hassli, Koevs, O'Dea, Ecks) ... they are obviously about the make some very significant moves.

The only thing I didn't like was moving Silva for short term assets. But most of the rest makes sense to me.

Abou Sky
07-14-2013, 08:10 AM
I feel pretty damn low today. I don't know how much more I can handle.

69Chevy396
07-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Fact is, TFC is at the low point that comes in any MLS rebuild -- when you've gotten rid of your marketable players to free up cap space but haven't yet brought in their replacements.

Anyone that thought that this game would be anything other than a loss against one of the top teams would be dreaming.

However, the next step in the rebuild is bringing in several good key players. You'd be surprised at how a few good signings can change the nature of a team. As I said at the beginning of the year, I expect very few players who were starting for TFC at the start of the season to be starting in 2014. Many will be gone, some may be relegated to the bench, but the team will look quite different. We haven't seen Payne's team yet, not even close.

RSL went through the same type of struggles while rebuilding, and so did KC. The results came later.
This is still very difficult to stomach. The term 'rebuild' has been used so often in relation to TFC that for me it is meaningless. How can you turn scrap metal into titanium simply by adding and removing scrap metal? In addition, the term rebuild should measured against the more accurate term: failure. Constant replacement of players during the season indicates management continuously make stupid decisions in the off season, and this includes hiring inexperienced managers

ensco
07-14-2013, 08:40 AM
^We have never used the offseason properly. Payne was hired halfway through it.

Not that it mattered much, we had zero cap room.

tfcleeds
07-14-2013, 08:45 AM
There was no way we were going to get a result last night, on the road against the best team in the conference, with a shorthanded squad. I expected it to be an ugly game, although not quite as ugly as that. And as much as I hope there might be some optimism surrounding this club starting next week with some incoming players, I think last night's game was finally, for me, the straw that broke the camel's back. At least as far as away games are concerned, I don't think I'll be making this club the focal point of my Saturdays, especially during the summer. There's so much more I would rather be doing than watching tripe like that. Home games, of course, are another issue, but at least for away games, I'm not going to let TFC get in the way of other stuff for the next little while.

tfcleeds
07-14-2013, 08:51 AM
This franchise has been a dejavu since year two. Every season new hope, quickly killed by the reality. What is amazing that from a low start it has dug a whole. Building almost nothing positive. We are not a dogged, scrappy, physical team, we are too often 11 pylons, or eleven north american children running around like headless chickens.

I kind of blame the supporter for this, had you woken up to the reality when I did, in about year 3 and had we taken action while there was still enthusiasms for the club we may have saved this club, now, whatever dream we had may take awhile.

I think we were actually on an upwards trajectory up until the end of Year 3. Most people would point to the 5-0 loss in New York as the true turning point for this franchise when it began its real downward spiral. There was still a lot of interest surrounding the club, the stands at BMO were still relatively full, and we were on the cusp of making the playoffs. Once Mo and his old KC Wiz buddy Preki got together, that was really the beginning of the end. At least, that's the way I see it.

jazzy
07-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Painfully put but hopeful

69Chevy396
07-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Hiring Payne was a shrewd decision, but his hiring Nelsen, Ephrain, Martinez, Cesar et al.--not so shrewd. RIM becoming Blackberry is still RIM.

jabbronies
07-14-2013, 09:01 AM

KP has done something no other guy before him has done - quick fixes without taking cap hit.
I'm liking his use of loan deals so far. In the past we would've been stuck with guys like Bostock. Instead we had a clean break from a guy who only performed in 1..maybe 2 matches for us. Same can be said for others as well.