PDA

View Full Version : POLL: How many Players will TFC sign during the summer window...

CommradePolski
06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Title says it all.

edit: can a mod edit the title so it only has poll in it once?

OgtheDim
06-26-2013, 03:36 PM
If the question is as you worded, well...Earnshaw and Caldwell are already being talked about as signed during that window.

If you are talking new players, I'm saying 3 more.

Ultra & Proud
06-26-2013, 03:53 PM
If new ones, I say two players signed. No more unless we pull off trades.

MartinUtd
06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Voted 4. Any player that's already here and signs longer I don't count. I expect 4 new faces and so far we have Rey, possibly Uruti, random other DP and a squad player just for the fuck of it.

Haddy
06-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Like I said before...4.

Urruti, a winger, a DP and somebody else via trade most likely.

Dreadlocks
06-26-2013, 04:07 PM
If Caldwell stays, 3. If not 4.

rowjimi
06-26-2013, 04:24 PM
sounds like we are going to be aggressive. I say 4.

Pint
06-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Urruti (on some special new thing or whatever), a DP and the either Rey or a player from AJ.

I don't consider Caldwell a signing but i believe he will stay... Earnshaw on the other hand may not stay is the feeling i have

BuSaPuNk
06-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm going to have to be on the low end of things. I just have a feeling that we might only get 1 not including signing guys on our roster already. Just think alot of stuff will hinder them and we will get the usual well they wanted to play elsewhere blah blah blah.

Abou Sky
06-26-2013, 06:44 PM
New players I say 4, I think it is a good opportunity to sign depth as well as starters so maybe 2 starters and 2 depth players, heck, maybe even 5 with 3 starters coming on.

We have to remember that there are a LOT of guys who have been released from a dozen or so leagues that are better than MLS.

You could take the Valladolid reserves team and put them in MLS and they would tear up the park.

Then of course there are all the teams in Europe AND South America that are being relegated, from Russia to Chile.

There are a lot of players out there to be had, I don't quite get why they don't have more people out looking for guys that they could NEVER find any other way than to actually be in the park while they are playing. I sure hope that starting in August we go out and watch guys who are on trial with bigger clubs, can't quite cut it with Bilbao? I am sure we could find you a Basque interpreter in Toronto.

Petor
06-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Wow, I picked one.
I'm not including players that are on our roster now.
They way things are going I would be surprised if there is more.

TOBOR !
06-26-2013, 08:29 PM
*sigh* I just wish we'd build on a foundation gradually instead of turning over half the lineup, like we always seem to be.

BuSaPuNk
06-26-2013, 08:54 PM
^ I've felt the same way for a while. It should be a big part of bringing in new players. Trying to bring the best up through the academy.

[NBF]
06-26-2013, 09:05 PM
3 or 4 or 5.....

3 -----> for sure, because it seems like they need two central midfielders and possibly a right winger.

4 -----> if they can't sign Earnshaw to a long term deal. At least for this season he's with TFC.

5 -----> if they can't get Caldwell for under O'Dea or Eckersley money.

6 -----> if Eckersley, isnt in the long term planning or doesnt take a paycut.

The way I see it, everyone is moving towards the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

------------------Bendik-----------------
-------------------Frei------------------
-----------------------------------------
Eckersley---Agboss-----Caldwell----O'Dea
Richter------Henry-------Emory---Morgan
------------Laba--------*DM*-----------
------------Russell------*DM*-----------
*RW*-------------Silva-----------Convey
Hall---------------Osorio-----------Bekker
-----------------Earnshaw---------------
------------------Braun------------------

****If they could sign Flamini(AC Milan) and Nene (Cagliari). We'd be set.lol:drinking:

Cuts:

1. Lambe
2. Koevermans
3. Wiedeman
4. Califf

evermorian
06-26-2013, 09:43 PM
;1593538']3 or 4 or 5.....

3 -----> for sure, because it seems like they need two central midfielders and possibly a right winger.

4 -----> if they can't sign Earnshaw to a long term deal. At least for this season he's with TFC.

****If they could sign Flamini(AC Milan) and Nene (Cagliari). We'd be set.lol:drinking:

Cuts:

1. Lambe
2. Koevermans
3. Wiedeman
4. Califf

I would also add Frei to the list of cuts, maybe not in the summer transfer window, but after this season if he is unwilling to take a significant pay cut. Besides, Q seems to be doing just fine with the reserves and academy between the pipes.

Ivy
06-26-2013, 10:30 PM
I need to find my post from months back where I predicted Ephraim, Bostock, Lambe, Frei, Dunfield, Califf, Wiedeman, and possibly Ecks won't be here after transfer window.

TOBOR !
06-26-2013, 10:59 PM
I need to find my post from months back where I predicted Ephraim, Bostock, Lambe, Frei, Dunfield, Califf, Wiedeman, and possibly Ecks won't be here after transfer window.

You needn't bother.

prizby
06-26-2013, 11:19 PM
;1593538']3 or 4 or 5.....

Cuts:

1. Lambe
2. Koevermans
3. Wiedeman
4. Califf

what type of dream land are you living in here???

Voodooman
06-27-2013, 06:18 AM
1 New player, I have a feeling we going to have couple more loans instead of deals

Oldtimer
06-27-2013, 07:43 AM
*sigh* I just wish we'd build on a foundation gradually instead of turning over half the lineup, like we always seem to be.

The problem is, we had a foundation, and Mr. Shorty-pants got rid of it. Now Payne has to clear out the obviously underperforming players. You have to tear down before you build.

Red I
06-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Urruti (on some special new thing or whatever), a DP and the either Rey or a player from AJ.

I don't consider Caldwell a signing but i believe he will stay... Earnshaw on the other hand may not stay is the feeling i have

I honestly don't think you can keep Caldwell. O'Dea's salary is available for all the world to see, Caldwell's agent included. I'm pretty sure he'll ask for more, or at least same, and that would be a tough cap-hit to the team, at least considering the things the team wants to do in the transfer window. If Caldwell does stay, it would be one more (that's all they will afford), if not, 3.

I think Earnshaw stays.

Phil
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
My guess is four new players. We know some guys are going out, Brockie and Russell look primed to move. We can't buyout anymore players so we are guessing what can be done with existing contracts. Earshaw is staying the year, no doubt in my mind. Urrutti, an offensive mid, a winger and another supporting player.

Not sure what to make of Caldwell, sure the O'Dea salary is what it is, but if Caldwell has little to no hope continuting on as an international and seeing the city and lifestyle here, it may be tempting to take a bit of a pay cut to stick on. You never really know with players, so many personal factors may impact their decision.

T-boy
06-27-2013, 11:27 AM
I honestly don't think you can keep Caldwell. O'Dea's salary is available for all the world to see, Caldwell's agent included. I'm pretty sure he'll ask for more, or at least same, and that would be a tough cap-hit to the team, at least considering the things the team wants to do in the transfer window. If Caldwell does stay, it would be one more (that's all they will afford), if not, 3.

I think Earnshaw stays.

Hasn't Earnshaw already signed to the end of the season?

Also, I'm not sure I would agree with your opinion on the Caldwell issue. O'Dea is much younger and essentially an asset to TFC - he would probably some some re-sale value at his age and international experience. Caldwell doesn't have sale value at his age anymore. We are paying more for O'Dea as we need to compete with the market value for a young player. Caldwell doesn't have that bargaining chip in his hand, so I don't think he would be as much as O'Dea.

BuSaPuNk
06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
^ it was reported that it was done but there's been no offical word from the club that its a done deal. Something hasn't been worked out yet I'm thinking.

Red I
06-27-2013, 12:22 PM

Also, I'm not sure I would agree with your opinion on the Caldwell issue. O'Dea is much younger and essentially an asset to TFC - he would probably some some re-sale value at his age and international experience. Caldwell doesn't have sale value at his age anymore. We are paying more for O'Dea as we need to compete with the market value for a young player. Caldwell doesn't have that bargaining chip in his hand, so I don't think he would be as much as O'Dea.

Makes sense, but i'd agree to disagree. O'Dea is 100% not fair market value, but that is not a knock on him, just that the market i look at is MLS, not globally, because of the relevancy of the cap to this market only. And i think that age would factor into transfer fees for sure, and age would diminish a transfer team's value of that, but an older player might actually be more expensive salary wise, as they understand that their career is winding down, so they would hold out for more cash considering contracts would probably not exceed 1 or 2 years.

EDIT: As per the released salary figures, O'Dea is basically on a DP salary, 350k. If you are saying that is fair market value (which by the way puts him as one of the highest paid CB's in the league in salary terms) i would disagree with that.

ag futbol
06-27-2013, 12:29 PM
^ it was reported that it was done but there's been no offical word from the club that its a done deal. Something hasn't been worked out yet I'm thinking.
Maybe it's just me, but Urruti looks like an Earnshaw replacement rather than his strike partner. He seems to be a hybrid between a target man and a support striker. All the highlight videos have him running off the shoulder of the last defender similar to the way Earnshaw does. Are we going to keop two guys like that? Seems unlikely IMO.

Something has to give here on the international spots. We have way too many names floating around. Say we cut Lambe, Koeverman's leaves at the end of the season and we trade for one spot temporarily. Still seems like we're short given the number of players we want to bring in.

Yohan
06-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Not even sure how TFC will get more signings with limit to discovery signings

BuSaPuNk
06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Urruti looks like an Earnshaw replacement rather than his strike partner. He seems to be a hybrid between a target man and a support striker. All the highlight videos have him running off the shoulder of the last defender similar to the way Earnshaw does. Are we going to keop two guys like that? Seems unlikely IMO.

Something has to give here on the international spots. We have way too many names floating around. Say we cut Lambe, Koeverman's leaves at the end of the season and we trade for one spot temporarily. Still seems like we're short given the number of players we want to bring in.

Yeah I'm starting to think the same thing. Now we just wavied Emory so something's up.

Initial B
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Why waive Emory? He didn't use up an international slot and his salary was negligible.

Red I
06-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Not even sure how TFC will get more signings with limit to discovery signings

I would assume a loan agreement would not impact your discovery signing limit... otherwise, ya, good question

Abou Sky
06-27-2013, 06:57 PM

ya... I LOVE O'Dea but not for $350k

It is hard to convince someone that they deserve a pay decrease, but will also depend on what other offers he has. I think the likelyhood of us having him next season is pretty slim.

Actually, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we found out he was waived on Sunday (I AM correct that he is not guaranteed so we could waive him and get his salary back right?)

Of course, that would be admitting that we are throwing away the season unless Morgan has all of a sudden 'found his feet' and done a psychological 180.

OgtheDim
06-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Why waive Emory? He didn't use up an international slot and his salary was negligible.

Either a move to free up a cheap roster slot to sign a better player for the same amount of money or maybe he asked to be released to see if he could find a job somewhere..

HuTor
06-28-2013, 05:03 AM
2 new players will be signed.
The feeling on these boards after the transfer window will be closed will be disappointment.