PDA

View Full Version : Montreal reserves V TFC reserves

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) starting XI: Roberts; Morgan, Agbossoumonde, Russell, Roubos; Lambe, Bekker, Aparicio, Vazquez; Braun, Koevermans

#IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) starting XI vs #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) | Crépeau; Tissot, Mallace, Lefèvre, Ouimette; Rodriguez, Arnaud; Smith, Ubiparipovic, Messoudi; Wenger

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Goal # TFC - Danny Koevermans scores with a header following a cross from the left flank in the third minute of play # IMFClive

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Also Vazquez is Álvaro Rey Vázquez the spanish winger on trial.

Stress
06-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Appreciate the updates. Good to see Koevs notch one and build that confidence back up. Hopefully he's only in for 45m or less so he's in contention for Saturday too.

mowe
06-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Good to see Koef getting back to scoring goals. Wish I could watch this game!

Stress
06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
also, if that cross from the left flank came from Vazquez then sign him up.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 12:51 PM
also, if that cross from the left flank came from Vazquez then sign him up.

Here is a photo of the match. I think he might be 28 on the right side.

https://twitter.com/AbdouSall/status/349945374678581249/photo/1

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 12:53 PM
For anyone who has been watching the sr. academy play this year, has Roubos been switched form a centreback to a fullback?

SamK
06-26-2013, 12:59 PM
2-0 TFC Koevermans with his second of the game at the 22nd minute #IMFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFClive&src=hash) #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) #ReserveLeague (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ReserveLeague&src=hash)

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
2-0 TFC Koevermans with his second of the game at the 22nd minute #IMFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFClive&src=hash)#IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash)#ReserveLeague (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ReserveLeague&src=hash)

Impact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal)2m (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/349949588192509954)
Goal Toronto FC:Koevermans scores his second of the game in the 19th minute. Grabbed his own rebound after hitting the post #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) 0-2 #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
GOAL!!3-0 TFCOff a FK, ball deflects off the wall & behind Crepeau.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Goal # TFC Kyle Bekker hit a free kick from 20 meters right axis deflects off the wall before entering the net in the 27th minute # IMFClive

Leedsoronto
06-26-2013, 01:06 PM
is these a live stream of this anywhere?

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:07 PM
is these a live stream of this anywhere?

Not that I know of.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:14 PM
TFC almost make it 4 has the Impact backline is being dominated.

Gino
06-26-2013, 01:19 PM
TFC almost make it 4 has the Impact backline is being dominated.

LOL. It's a reserve game.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Koevermans hits the post!!Still 3-0 TFC. Could easily be 5-0.Impact need a halftime wakeup call by Eullafroy.

pekduck
06-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Good thing Koef is trying to make a statement after the 0-0 Houston match. It's even better now that he's taking it out on Limp Act, reserve side or not.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:21 PM
LOL. It's a reserve game.

I'm just copying what an impact fan is tweeting on twitter.

Walms
06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
This is a nice mid day surprise to log-on to while at work

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
HALFTIME!! 3-0 TFC Total domination by the visitors.

bones
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
This is a nice mid day surprise to log-on to while at work

I love how you chose the words "while at work" and not "while working". and me too hahahaha.

Pint
06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm also at work... Working hard or hardly working? ... The 2nd one sir

Gino
06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm just copying what an impact fan is tweeting on twitter.

Okay! I hope this happens next week! Maybe Impact is trying to use all of Toronto goals this week. I hope not!

Voodooman
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Wow I am enjoying reading this...especially vs Montreal

BuSaPuNk
06-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Good for Koevs. Looks like he's back to getting to full fitness. Reserve squad or not it's good for him to start scoring to get his touch and confidence back..

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
GOAL!! Justin Braun makes it 4-0 TFC.

Leedsoronto
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
For anyone who has been watching the sr. academy play this year, has Roubos been switched form a centreback to a fullback?

Eli has been playing right back AFAIK

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 02:02 PM
MESSOUDI IN ALL ALONE!!HE SHOOTS!!! Stopped by the keeper.Still 4-0

From the various tweets it sounds like Roberts is having a good game.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
71 'stop Maxime Crépeau diving on a free kick Bekker # IMFClive

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
GOAL!! TFC 5-0 Montreal no longer showing any signs of life.

TFC07
06-26-2013, 02:09 PM
MESSOUDI IN ALL ALONE!!HE SHOOTS!!! Stopped by the keeper.Still 4-0

From the various tweets it sounds like Roberts is having a good game.

Roberts is going to become a very good goalkeeper in MLS once he hits his prime.

TFC07
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
What's going on here? TFC getting some revenge after last game in Montreal?

pekduck
06-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Koef x 2, Bekker, Lambe, Braun... 2 forwards scored, and 2 mid scored, not bad... amid a reserve side

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Full time 5-0 Toronto.

Corpand
06-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Koev is extremely hungry, a true football player. Knows that when he gets his opportunity, he will make the most of it. Love it.

And also, 5-0 hasn't happened in half a century really. Good on the boys. Is L'impact really that limp defensively?

Gino
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Koev is extremely hungry, a true football player. Knows that when he gets his opportunity, he will make the most of it. Love it.

And also, 5-0 hasn't happened in half a century really. Good on the boys. Is L'impact really that limp defensively?

Are you under the impression that this was a real game between the clubs? In Europe they play reserve team games all the time. Hurt players get a run. Young players get seen. They don't matter. All that matter is first team games. I don't understand all the excitement. I'm new here so maybe someone explain why to me. I trying to understand this new fan culture.

pekduck
06-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Are you under the impression that this was a real game between the clubs? In Europe they play reserve team games all the time. Hurt players get a run. Young players get seen. They don't matter. All that matter is first team games. I don't understand all the excitement. I'm new here so maybe someone explain why to me. I trying to understand this new fan culture.

It's a Toronto vs Montreal thing. On all levels. Hockey, Soccer, first team, reserve team, bar brawl, dick measuring contest, etc etc.

tfcleeds
06-26-2013, 03:52 PM
^Just to get you up to speed, Koevermans has been out injured for almost a year, and only recently came back to the first team. He's played about 10 mins. as a sub since coming back. Scoring twice in a reserve match is exciting for us because we need him to get back to top form if we are going to make anything of this season - it shows he is progressing nicely. There's nothing new about this fan culture - I'm sure you'd feel the same way if it was Totti or De Rossi who was out for a year, and whose career was in doubt as a result.

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2013, 04:29 PM

I've seen reserve matches in England with several thousand in attendance. And do you think the Roma Ultras don't care when they play a reserve match against Lazio. You seem like you follow football so I have no clue why you are surprised that people are fanatical and follow all aspects of the club and not just the first team. There is nothing new about this culture.

OgtheDim
06-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Might say a bit more about the relative strengths of the reserves.

Haven't been able to say that before...feels weird.

moralis
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Match recap of TFC-Impact reserve league game:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/06/reserve-league-reds-rout-impact

Leedsoronto
06-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Might say a bit more about the relative strengths of the reserves.

Haven't been able to say that before...feels weird.

Also the quality we have in the Academy is getting an airing. Most of the young players waiting on the touch line are quality IMO.

Look at Q, & Osorio, Just to name two.

Abou Sky
06-26-2013, 07:00 PM
^Just to get you up to speed, Koevermans has been out injured for almost a year, and only recently came back to the first team. He's played about 10 mins. as a sub since coming back. Scoring twice in a reserve match is exciting for us because we need him to get back to top form if we are going to make anything of this season - it shows he is progressing nicely. There's nothing new about this fan culture - I'm sure you'd feel the same way if it was Totti or De Rossi who was out for a year, and whose career was in doubt as a result.

Don't feed the trolls...

Gino
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I've seen reserve matches in England with several thousand in attendance. And do you think the Roma Ultras don't care when they play a reserve match against Lazio. You seem like you follow football so I have no clue why you are surprised that people are fanatical and follow all aspects of the club and not just the first team. There is nothing new about this culture.

My question wasn't that why it was strange that people are interested in such games, but why winning one is of such importance to base. Are things that bad around this club that today beating a rival in a meaningless reserve game becomes as important as winning trophy.

As I said, do this next week and go to town. Today wasn't a real game. It had no importance. Any Ultra group would know this going in. These games are more about individual performances than what the collective does.

I'm glad that Koverman is back in a groove-- as that one fact means --victory next game.

Ivy
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
My question wasn't that why it was strange that people are interested in such games, but why winning one is of such importance to base. Are things that bad around this club that today beating a rival in a meaningless reserve game becomes as important as winning trophy.

As I said, do this next week and go to town. Today wasn't a real game. It had no importance. Any Ultra group would know this going in. These games are more about individual performances than what the collective does.

I'm glad that Koverman is back in a groove-- as that one fact means --victory next game.
If you don't understand, there is nothing anyone can say to you to make you understand. These are pros vs pros playing a rivalry. The fact that its a "reserve" squad is irrelevant.

SamK
06-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Less than two pages of us being happy koevs potted a couple and then explaining why we're happy about that doesn't mean people equate this game to winning a trophy. And yes I think everyone would rather win than lose, even if its a reserve match.

v00d00daddy
06-27-2013, 07:40 AM
The fact that its a "reserve" squad is irrelevant.

Agreed. But in a different way. LOL

You can't really blame people for not feeling proud about TFC reserves (lots of guys we've started this year, plus Koev) beating Montreal reserves (I count two starters on that team).

Especially when Mtl is tearing up the league and we suck bad. When we beat Montreal this year, even by one goal, then it's time to be beaming instead of having a 50 post thread about a reserve match that none of us have watched. LOL

It seems a little odd to me. To each their own, but imo, it's no accomplishment. It means nothing. Irrelevant.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2013, 07:45 AM

What do you mean by "such importance"? Are you saying ultras attending a reserve match wouldn't spend a second or two posting about it on the internet? I'd think attendance outweighs comment by far so I'd say its your Ultras putting more importance on reserves.

Yesterdays game had more importance than a friendly. It influenced who will get a look in the next match. That's important. Not crucial but important.

Oldtimer
06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
The highly significant thing that seems to be missed here is that Montreal has no depth. A 5-0 shellacking of their reserves shows that once their first team is out, there is little quality.

Leedsoronto
06-27-2013, 08:16 AM
The highly significant thing that seems to be missed here is that Montreal has no depth. A 5-0 shellacking of their reserves shows that once their first team is out, there is little quality.

Great thinking here. Just shows what TFC have in reserve, things can only get better at BMO

<takes tongue out of cheek>

Phil
06-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Gino's access has been removed due to multiple accounts and having a history of trolling the board. It seems he was headed down this path again.

v00d00daddy
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM

The even more significant thing here that seems to be missed is that Montreal is worlds better than us and that one reserve game where they have actual reserves playing against some of our best players doesn't mean much.

Like Koevermans. What do you think DiVaio would do to our reserve back line? LOL

Montreal's first team is sooooooooo much better than ours that our "depth" doesn't exactly come off as any kind of win.

Ajax TFC
06-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Gino's access has been removed due to multiple accounts and having a history of trolling the board. It seems he was headed down this path again.
You mean he was JoeyB reincarnated?