PDA

View Full Version : Huge announcement on wednesday!

Alonso
06-24-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPu6kZdiywc

What could it be?

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Friendly with AS Roma.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
06-24-2013, 09:17 PM
The quality of TFCs communications is as good as their team. I want those two mins back.

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2013, 09:19 PM
^ budget cutbacks, how embarrassing. Fucking sideshow.

Richard
06-24-2013, 09:24 PM
This is the main TFC channel? Jeeez, MLSE are such cheapskates.

[NBF]
06-24-2013, 09:29 PM
^ budget cutbacks, how embarrassing. Fucking sideshow.

HD or not, they should start shaving their mustaches. I thought it was over when Andy Petrillo and her seal whiskers left but apparently its a requirement for MLSE.

reggie
06-24-2013, 09:37 PM
now that's jus rude...

mowe
06-24-2013, 09:40 PM
I wonder what it is, a friendly announcement wouldn't really qualify as "huge" unless it was Barcelona or something. Or if it was a free game for SSHs.

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2013, 09:43 PM
^ Them giving away something that's not a toque or gas card? Come on really?

Yagbod
06-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Fucking Roma. I could give a shit. This better be convenient and cheap. I'd rather see Cardiff.

(Don't bother, I know Roma is legendary and all that shit, I just don't care for Serie A)

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2013, 10:18 PM
@JohnMolinaro: #TFC to play AS Roma on Aug. 7 at BMO Field, Sportsnet.ca has learned. @Sportsnet

MarkEightThree
06-24-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't mind the videos being shot with an iPhone, but yeah they should be using iMovie or something to at least add a bumper in front or do a bit of editing.

Abou Sky
06-24-2013, 10:29 PM
I think the phone video has charm to it.

As for Roma, tickets better be free for SSHs

ag futbol
06-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, AS Roma is a huge club and all... that being said this kind of stuff no longer qualifies as "major announcement"

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2013, 10:34 PM
^ doubt it. Probably looking at Real Madrid pricing. It would be in there best interest to have SSH get them for the same price as a regular leauge game. Anything more there will be a backlash.
I'm not a SSH so it doesn't affect me but they really can't expect to sell anything above regular pricing. If they do the place will be more than half Roma fans and that's just disgusting. We should be protecting our building as we try to do with the CMNT.

Yohan
06-24-2013, 10:36 PM
@JohnMolinaro: #TFC to play AS Roma on Aug. 7 at BMO Field, Sportsnet.ca has learned. @Sportsnet
Wed night game sandwiched between 2 tough games

BuSaPuNk
06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Yep one on the road as well. Don't know where they ever think it's a good idea. Wish they would just come out and say friendlies are more important to this organization then trying to be competitive. This is the complete opposite to that statement no matter how bad we've been this year.

Brooker
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Here we go again.... Invasion of the Euro snobs. Oh what fun!

Please, tell me more about how MLS sucks, except the "L.A Galaxies" and your fathers neighbor was the biggest Roma fan ever and never missed a game.

mowe
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Ugh horrible timing. Why would they want an extra game when we should theoretically be making a playoff push. I'm fine with friendlies as long as they happen on bye weeks.

Wonder how many people will buy tickets to see Roma. Because TFC won't be playing any starters (I hope).

T-boy
06-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't care for Roma or TFC playing them, but its a game that will sell, I have no doubt. The Italian community always come out for an Italian team, there is a big catchment in Toronto for this game.

Yagbod
06-24-2013, 11:03 PM

Please, tell me more about how MLS sucks, except the "L.A Galaxies" and your fathers neighbor was the biggest Roma fan ever and never missed a game.

There should be a 'like' button for posts like these. Right on.

v00d00daddy
06-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Fucking Roma. I could give a shit. This better be convenient and cheap. I'd rather see Cardiff.

(Don't bother, I know Roma is legendary and all that shit, I just don't care for Serie A)

There's no accounting for taste. To each their own but we've seen enough "Cardiff" level football in the last 7 years. I'd rather watch my 10 year old cousin play instead of Cardiff but that doesn't say much. LOL

If going to see a team like AS Roma play your TFC leaves you feeling nothing but the above statement, I feel bad for you. There's much more to see at that game than "euro snobs".

Brooker
06-24-2013, 11:50 PM
If going to see a team like AS Roma play your TFC leaves you feeling nothing but the above statement, I feel bad for you. There's much more to see at that game than "euro snobs".

I saw AS Roma at Skydome. Ticket was free, game was shit, players went through the motions, plastic fans all over the place, drunken idiots as far as the eye could see....

Oh what a spectacle that was. No thanks.

Yagbod
06-25-2013, 12:15 AM
^ I saw Juventus play Sampdoria (I think I have that right) a few years ago. It was awful. Agreed again.

Derko
06-25-2013, 04:28 AM
The friendlies I can take or leave, hope they are reasonbly priced tickets. And Rachel is begining to bore the hell out of me.

Fort York Redcoat
06-25-2013, 07:24 AM
It's a huge announcement. We'll be hosting one of the biggest teams from one of the biggest leagues in the world. They're good enough to be the MLS All-star guest so I think they're big enough to play us.

That said they aren't big enough to sell out BMO. Not even close. That has nothing to do with their level or status but more about us as a football city. There are precious few of us who are avoiding this game simply because it's a friendly. Most will be avoiding it because it doesn't warrant a big enough match up.

tfcleeds
06-25-2013, 07:34 AM
It's a huge announcement. We'll be hosting one of the biggest teams from one of the biggest leagues in the world. They're good enough to be the MLS All-star guest so I think they're big enough to play us.

That said they aren't big enough to sell out BMO. Not even close. That has nothing to do with their level or status but more about us as a football city. There are precious few of us who are avoiding this game simply because it's a friendly. Most will be avoiding it because it doesn't warrant a big enough match up.

Let's face it - there are only 2-3 clubs in the world for which BMO would sell out for a friendly (against TFC). And we've already hosted one of those clubs.

Oldtimer
06-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Continue Roma discussion here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34418-TFC-v-Roma-at-BMO-Aug-7-2013

Jack
06-25-2013, 07:53 AM
When are we going to get a "huge announcement" that actually benefits the competitiveness of our team? A player or two who can actually make us better? Another mid-season cash-grab friendly? So far with the new regime, the more things change, the more they stay the same.