PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg Riverhounds vs Toronto FC Reserves Live stream here...

Alonso
06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
As posted by Red I in the news thread:

http://www.uslnation.com/USLPro/index_dynamic.aspx?fid=1173&eid=6/7%20Toronto%20@%20Pittsburgh

Thought it might get more attention in this part of the forum...

Second half starting in 15 minutes.

1-0 Riverhounds so far.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Terrible long ball play so far. No link up from our midfield to the players up top.

Alonso
06-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Terrible long ball play so far. No link up from our midfield to the players up top.

I think they'll come out firing on all cylinders after a talking to at the half.

You're right, it's been terrible so far.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I hope so. I know there playing long ball because Brennan is coaching tonight. If they do come out on all cylinders after the half I wonder how Brennan fired them up? He doesn't seem like hes the scream and yell type.

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I think they'll come out firing on all cylinders after a talking to at the half.

You're right, it's been terrible so far.

Geez, I'm looking at the four shots to one, etc. and wondering if our reserve team is getting schooled by a D3. Yikes.

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow, that was a casually retarded backpass frem Bekker...

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Wow, that was a casually retarded backpass frem Bekker...

These guys are taking Pittsburg too lightly

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Been impressed with Roberts distribution from the back. Almost always on target with our man giving us a chance to bring it down.

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Some good combo play there.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:16 PM
They've shown some good build up play but that good touch is lacking in the final third.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Nice save by Roberts

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I can't stand this zonal marking during corners. Too many lanes too many bodies with no one on them. Same thing that cost us the goal against Philly.
Wish they would go to a half/half zone man coverage during set peices in our box.

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Geez, Wiedeman looks out of his depth in USL...

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I'd note that while some people might find it folksy for professional teams to employ amateur announcers, this sort of under-funding of the fan experience is why professional soccer fails below MLS level in the U.S. If you don't have the steak in terms of play, at least have some sizzle in terms of presentation. It really doesn't cost that much to get a local radio guy to announce a few games, and sound non-catatonic while doing it.

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:24 PM
I'd note that while some people might find it folksy for professional teams to employ amateur announcers, this sort of under-funding of the fan experience is why professional soccer fails below MLS level in the U.S. If you don't have the steak in terms of play, at least have some sizzle in terms of presentation. It really doesn't cost that much to get a local radio guy to announce a few games, and sound non-catatonic while doing it.

Haha!

That's the exact word do describe this.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Geez, Wiedeman looks out of his depth in USL...

Yep big time.

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Q has kept us in this.

BuSaPuNk
Another nice save by Roberts

jloome
Arrogant from Bekker, trying from 45-yards on a diagonal.

I watch him play, and from the few interviews I've seen, I think he thinks more of his abilities at the current time than he should. Potential means fuck all in this game.

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Weird how some of our players have their names on the jersey while others don't....

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Pittsburgh's movement there was better than almost anything our first team has managed so far this year. Yeek.

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Arrogant from Bekker, trying from 45-yards on a diagonal.

I watch him play, and from the few interviews I've seen, I think he thinks more of his abilities at the current time than he should. Potential means fuck all in this game.

Seems like he is taking this team as easy fodder and making dumb passes....

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Pittsburgh's movement there was better than almost anything our first team has managed so far this year. Yeek.

Pretty sure it's only the first team guys that have there names on the back

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Best finisher in the modern era proves himself agian.

jloome
Wiedeman pulls one of out his butt with that deflection.

BuSaPuNk
Lol of a deflection

Auzzy
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Goal out of nothing, but Toronto mostly looks like garbage.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:39 PM
^ Yep played like complete ass. If it wasn't for one deflection and Q playing like a beast we would be completely out of it

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Q as a back-up behind Bendick might not be completely unreasonable after all.

Need to see more, but he's holding his own here and being exposed.

EDIT: If Quinlan scores a goal here he's officially ready for the big time!

Auzzy
06-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Let Q take a free kick near the end, you never know! ;)

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Jesus, I had to turn that fucking commentary off. What a nightmare. Sometimes, I think minor league soccer in North America is one big investment scam.

Auzzy
06-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Jesus, I had to turn that fucking commentary off. What a nightmare. Sometimes, I think minor league soccer in North America is one big investment scam.

Did you hear the guy try to pronounce Agbossoumonde? FFS, spend 5 minutes preparing for the game!

Alonso
06-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Well at least there were some positives to take from the game:

Quinlan had a good game and has one hell of a kick with decent accuracy.

Andrew still has an outside chance at developing into being respected as the best finisher in the modern era.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 07:58 PM

Andrew still has an outside chance at developing into being respected as the best finisher in the modern era.

Oh man my drink just went half way across the room.

jloome
06-07-2013, 07:58 PM

It's Quillan, dude. Yeah, he was ok. He had a few positional collapses too, though.

Honestly, I didn't see anything otu there for the club to be proud of. Lazy, ball-watching, lack of movement off the ball. It looked like the senior team.

Auzzy
06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
LOL, post-game skirmish.

How do they do supplemental discipline for these games... ;)

I would like to see a replay of Weedman's goal.

Alonso
06-07-2013, 08:02 PM
It's Quillan, dude. Yeah, he was ok. He had a few positional collapses too, though.

Honestly, I didn't see anything otu there for the club to be proud of. Lazy, ball-watching, lack of movement off the ball. It looked like the senior team.

Uh?

I've been saying it wrong since the U-17 world cup?

I'm reliving it now as we speak:

http://youtu.be/ldK9jcvocn4

It's always better in Spanish g:D

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 08:05 PM
The academy kids looked good, lacking some touch but that is expected. Quillan played well. Henry played very well outside of a few gaffs, but alot better than anyone else in the squad.

Auzzy
06-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Aren't these guys trying to fight for a spot? A couple of guys looked like they were trying; most just look like they don't give a shit. Honestly in that aspect worse than the first team.

I've often thought that a few of the young guys (especially the Canadians) have some kind of attitude problem. Thinking of Henry, Morgan, Bekker, and a few others. I mean, it's good to try to act confident. But often they display a level of nonchalance or cockiness totally inappropriate for their ability. I think they're good kids, but maybe they've been "big" fish in a very small pond for too long.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 08:36 PM

Yep, I agree unfortunately.

It was a pretty nothing game. The academy kids are skilled but need to mature physically and mentally in terms of reading the game.

As for the rest of the TFC side, they should be read the riot act after that. Number of shotty performances.

BuSaPuNk
06-07-2013, 08:50 PM
^ Completely agree. Don't want to see it after the game though would like it to wait to come out of Nelsens mouth when the academy kids go back. They don't deserve to be lamb basted like the senior guys do.

OgtheDim
06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Mmm.....basted lamb.

I'd love to have roast lamb at TFC games instead of roast pork.

West220Side
06-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I listened to about thirty minutes to it in the backround while mucking about the house, didn't do much since the commentary was awful. Could anybody give off maybe some player ratings? That or stand out performers... But really I just want to know how Morgan did.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Honestly, on a 6 being a slightly above average performance:

Roberts - 6.5 Dependable for most part, few good saves
Russell - 4 awful, got flat out beat by his man on several occasions. If USL attackers weren't as threatening as baskets of kittens he'd be getting roundly roasted by the coaching staff.
Agboss - 6 played physically, but got involved in some 1v1 battles that weren't really necessary. Wasn't as confident passing the ball as normal, deferred to Henry a lot.
Henry - 6 slightly better than Agboss, few less rash challenges, physically dominating but still at times careless
Morgan - 4 - one dimensional. All left foot and driving to the byline, it's getting old at this point. The defenders just cut off his space and he can't cut in to save his life

Aparicio - 5 few glimpses of talent on the ball, otherwise not much to report. Physically he's not mature enough yet to be expected to make an impact
Mannella - 6 probably the best academy player on the day. Pretty similar game to Osorio, but maybe stays a little deeper. Drifted out of it in the second half and was a bit sluggish down the stretch
Bekker - 6 decent passes, not great dead balls on the day. Needs to attack space more aggressively when he's given it.
Welshman - 4 - thought he'd be hungrier to put his stamp on it, but looks to have lost his confidence. Didn't contribute

Wiedeman - 6 only because of the goal (has to count for something). If not for that you have to laugh at how much better academy kids read the game than he does.
Sacramento - 5 - not really much to report. Some skill on the ball but otherwise it seems like it's early days. Think he slipped behind the defence once but was stopped by the keeper

Not rated: Bruan, Emory

Overall it was dire and listless.

JohnnyEnglish
06-08-2013, 05:13 AM
LOL, post-game skirmish.

How do they do supplemental discipline for these games... ;)

I would like to see a replay of Weedman's goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzaM-dJaZl8

cochrdoc
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Pretty sad performance for some players trying to make the line-up.We have several players that struggled at this level,I can`t believe weedman got big minutes last year.He would have a hard time to make the Riverhounds line-up.They are in the middle of the pack in their league.Our 2 first round draft picks had little impact and I thought the defence sucked.

Prof
06-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Mmm.....basted lamb.

I'd love to have roast lamb at TFC games instead of roast pork.
mmmm, I like your thinking, I can taste and smell it know.