PDA

View Full Version : Frank Yallop and Earthquakes Agree to Part Ways

AdamAM
06-07-2013, 04:39 PM
http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2013/06/earthquakes-and-frank-yallop-mutually-agree-part-ways

I know the constant turnover of coaches here at TFC has brought this club down and we have Nelsen, but a part of me really, REALLY wants this guy. Successful in MLS AND he's a Canadian? It's like he was made for us.. imagine a front office of Payne and Yallop, with Leiwke as president of MLSE. Big, big things could happen.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Interesting development... Wonder what happened?

flamehawk
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Well, I remember reading how we tried to hire him during our expansion year but he rejected us. That said, I suppose the people up top have changed.

West220Side
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, I remember reading how we tried to hire him during our expansion year but he rejected us. That said, I suppose the people up top have changed.

But apparently a few years ago Kevin Payne (or somebody) wanted him at DC United. Where's Kevin Payne now? Oh wait he's with us... I still think Ryan Nelsen isn't ready to coach at this level and he's going to need time to learn, and he's learning at our expense. Not calling for his head though, that would be a little much.

Haddy
06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I heard there's a vacancy with the MNT. Perhaps a return?

Nelsen is safe at TFC. No way Payne removes his hand-picked guy this year.....and there's already a ton of assistant coaches.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 05:56 PM
^ MNT is interesting, but to be honest I think this has Vancouver written all over it.

Renne is looking shakey and with frank out there now the heat just got turned up a notch.

Auzzy
06-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Wow, very surprising. Yes San Jose doesn't look too good in the standings at the moment, but they've been pretty decent for years.

Haddy
06-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Wow, very surprising. Yes San Jose doesn't look too good in the standings at the moment, but they've been pretty decent for years.

And he was coach of the year last season. I honestly believe this move only happens if he has plans...otherwise he makes them pay out his contract to get rid of him. (Edit: Which might be the case without it being public)

Yohan
06-07-2013, 09:18 PM
If you hate direct football aka hoofball, you dont want yallop

OgtheDim
06-07-2013, 10:13 PM
He didn't get Canada out of a qualifying group when he ran the NT. We were effectively out of the running after two home games where we only got 1 point.

At the time, most supporters thought he was in over his head. I have my doubts as to

a) his ability to work with younger players

b) his tactical capabilities

c) how his teams play discipline wise

No thanks here in any role and no thanks for the NT.

Fort York Redcoat
06-08-2013, 06:13 AM
I think what he's done at San Jose has been amazing. Direct, perhaps, but successful. One down year and he's gone must mean another opportunity. I think he's grown as a coach since his Canada coaching stint and would give him another chance.

I agree that he still wants nothing to do with this organization. The principle structure of our ownership is not what he's looking to work with.

Good luck to him.

[NBF]
06-08-2013, 10:52 AM
To tell you the truth Frank Yallop is probably at the top of the list for candidates on the CMNT. I dont think he will end up in Vancouver. The problem in Vancouver has to do with who they select for goalkeeping duties. Rennie is doing a pretty decent job as head coach although their record is a bit poor. IMO, it has more to do with the Gold Cup and how much Canada needs a proven head coach with CONCACAF experience.

Poor Sven, has been overlooked again.g:D

BTW , Kristian Jack and Nick Dasovic, doing some sidekick roles on TSN for the EUFA U-21, WTF is going on at The Score, they're losing bodies left and right.

ensco
06-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Ah remember when the debate last year and the year before was how great Yallop was.

There are a lot of Yallop haters from the CMNT era who have stayed silent in that "debate" while Yallop was winning at SJ. But they would could out of the woodwork by the dozens if Yallop gets the CMNT job again, or a Canadian MLS job.

jazzy
06-08-2013, 06:52 PM
it would be truly Canadian to bring back a coach that wasn't successful, first time around ...thats what stands for progressive in these parts. No wonder star prospects pass us by.
Until we grow up and get proven professions running the programs we're house league. I mean who does russia have as a coach?...

ag futbol
06-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Start to end with Yallop in SJ it really is a mixed bag. It was very up and down, never overly consistent.

I can definitely see the case for him not being the manager of the future.

Haddy
06-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Vancouver radio personality is claiming sources saying Yallop could return to CMNT in August.

MLS did a write-up on it.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/06/18/rumor-central-frank-yallop-line-return-canadian-national-team-coach-august

BuSaPuNk
06-18-2013, 09:53 PM
^ MLS writers just trying to make a story. Been said by many reporters that he isn't going to be considered. And there's no way he's getting that job.

Haddy
06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
^ MLS writers just trying to make a story. Been said by many reporters that he isn't going to be considered. And there's no way he's getting that job.

I've worked side-by-side with reporters for 10 years. Just because they say something, doesn't mean it's true. Grain of salt my friend ;)

For the record, I don't care where the next coach is from....as long as he plays a brand of football that not only produces good results, but attracts our studs to actually play here. That and a strong international rep wouldn't hurt either. But I'm probably dreaming again.

BuSaPuNk
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
^ oh for sure but when multiple people have been told that there's no way in hell that there hiring Yallop I'm pretty certain I could believe them.