PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or does our schedule suck balls?

Jack
06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not a fan of TFC's schedule this year. It feels disjointed. It seems like we have these flurries of home games, then big long breaks in between. How can the fans establish a rapport with the team and gain any kind of consistency with these long breaks? Two breaks of nearly a month between home games, plus a couple of three-week breaks just seems like a bad schedule. I know the MLS has longer travel distances than most leagues, but the home and away rotation that we see in most leagues makes more sense.

pekduck
06-07-2013, 10:48 AM
^
almost same for all teams, WCQ and Gold Cup this year, then they have US Open Cup, and our little VC

Yohan
06-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Montreal actually has it worse and esp with ccl games

eustacchio
06-07-2013, 10:56 AM
At least we have more than one home game in both July and August.

Voodooman
06-07-2013, 11:56 AM
No the schedule sucks balls this year.

I don't know why we had more home matches at the beginning of the year when everyone complains about the cold and yet in the summer months we barely have any home matches, Gold Cup notwithstanding.

I mean, why not make Toronto's schedule a little road heavier at the beginning of the year to account for the weather?

That would require common sense and logic.

ag futbol
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I mean, why not make Toronto's schedule a little road heavier at the beginning of the year to account for the weather?
I read a quote a little while ago, it was from someone like Bernier or Anselmi: it said that we were going to have more summer home games this year and less games in early spring. Thought that was a nice touch. But as the quote continued it basically said, now that we aren't so hot at the gate we get more preferable game dates. So previously, it was more or less decided we should all freeze our assess off at a non winterized BMO in early spring, because FCD needs to draw an extra 50 people in mid July, as Americans in some markets don't think about soccer until the dead of summer. On the flip side, they already had our money, so why not give us less? Anyway, so supposedly (haven't checked this) our schedule this year is more summer friendly than it was previously.

Anyway, I think this league needs to get as balanced with it's schedule as possible in the future (with small exceptions for coastal road trips and such). The way everything is disjoined as jack pointed out is just stupid. I'll take a bit of bad, with a bit of good for everyone across the board. Micromanaging the scheduling decisions the way MLS has is like balancing a house of cards IMO.

JonO
06-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I think it's better than the last couple of years, in which we had huge games in the summer. Could be better though...

Edit: Actually... just took a look at last year's schedule and it seems pretty good. Maybe it's the previous years I am thinking of...

Roca
06-21-2013, 09:02 PM
I've always wondered if MLS programs their schedule to give lousy teams more home games at the start of the year, so they can rack up some points and make their fans start thinking they're in the playoff hunt. Of course, that hasn't worked with us the past couple of years.

denime
06-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Schedule SUCKS,

I feel like it's off season.No home games,no news,no signings,nothing.I don't remeber when was the last home game,FFS,and now 2 home games in July and 1 in August WTF?

Haddy
06-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Schedule SUCKS,

I feel like it's off season.No home games,no news,no signings,nothing.I don't remeber when was the last home game,FFS,and now 2 home games in July and 1 in August WTF?

Come on, Denis. You know how much you LURVVVV those March and April matches. That's why they gave you so many!!

......and then to make you feel even better they ran out of hot chocolate.

leafsman
06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Also why are we playing a game at 1 o clock game in the summer but during the spring it was late afternoon.

Ultra & Proud
06-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Also why are we playing a game at 1 o clock game in the summer but during the spring it was late afternoon.

Probably curling or some other dumb shit on TSN.

Abou Sky
06-25-2013, 09:49 PM
For: Toronto, Montreal, Columbus, Revs, Fire and Colorado they should not play a home game until April.

It isn't rocket science, send a few on westcoast tours and a few on southeast/East tours and use some bye weeks and you are solid.

Even after that, keep April games to 2 home and that is all.

I know NFL fans in Minnesota put up with way worse but I don't care about them, fuck Minnesota

Phil
06-26-2013, 08:29 AM
I actually conplained about this on one of those feedback forums that TFC put out. I know it goes nowhere but the metadata cloud, but I thought it was a worthwile point that the shit nature of the schedule helps nobody.