PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,June,03

denime
06-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Mornin' (http://www.torontofc.ca/video)

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)Nelsen Praises Reds' Performance

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/06/nelsen-praises-reds-performance)
(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/06/nelsen-praises-reds-performance)Toronto FC's season continues downward spiral

(http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fcs-season-continues-downward-spiral/)TFC allows another late goal in draw (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/01/tfc-allows-another-late-goal-in-draw)

TFC: Change slow to come for struggling squad
(http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2013/06/02/tfc_change_slow_to_come_for_struggling_squad.html)

Toronto FC rues late goals, lost points in difficult season
(http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/648858623?-19896:6206)

Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen critical of referee decisions in 1-1 home draw vs. Union (http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/648785697?-19896:6206)

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)

scooter
06-03-2013, 06:46 AM
mornin d

news is a bit negative again today but there were a lot of positives on saturday
osario got another and it was a beauty set up by a lovely cross
danny kovermans is back
we owned the ball in the first half an hour
to end up with a point ( although disappointing ) is not bad considering we had ten men for over half the game
referee was shit as usual
ryan nelsen as usual stuck up for the players cause it is comming they are a better team now and he is part of that process --- there were some great passes made and the players seem to be gelling a bit more with each other
so two more weeks of training with a couple of road games inbetween and back to bmo on the 29 th where we should be able to sing " ON TO VICTORY " and have it come true
common you reds

Futbolista
06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Two things we learned this weekend.
1-BMO must be cursed !!TFC and CWNT lost despite controlling most of the game.
2-TFC got to stop defending the one goal lead and attack for f@k sake!! everybody around me could smell the goal was coming...you could see it! everybody in the league knows it... push forward!. We are not the Italian national team or the NJ Devils (when they were better) . Those team play ugly good defense and is hard to score on them, but because they have the players for that system, we dont!
3-That Osorio guy is something eh! :o

bones
06-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Hogan Ephraim gone back to QPR. Any word on Earnshaw's contract/loan deal?

BuSaPuNk
06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
^ Last I heard Cochrane is working in a deal. Nelsen said it in a interview. Not sure what there looking in terms of dollars and term. Hopefully Ernie will take a low ball offer to open up some cash for us come the transfer window.

bones
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
^ Last I heard Cochrane is working in a deal. Nelsen said it in a interview. Not sure what there looking in terms of dollars and term. Hopefully Ernie will take a low ball offer to open up some cash for us come the transfer window.

I asked John Molinaro via twitter too and he said that Earnie's contract is up July 1st not June so at least we have some time. Hopefully the lure of the City will be something he takes into consideration when looking at the dollars. He can probably get more than DP money if he goes elsewhere (non-MLS). Anything close to DP would hurt us $$$ wise. And I'm not sure Payne would spend large $$$ or DP with Koev back.

PopePouri
06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
I asked John Molinaro via twitter too and he said that Earnie's contract is up July 1st not June so at least we have some time. Hopefully the lure of the City will be something he takes into consideration when looking at the dollars. He can probably get more than DP money if he goes elsewhere (non-MLS). Anything close to DP would hurt us $$$ wise. And I'm not sure Payne would spend large $$$ or DP with Koev back.

I'm almost certain we won't be able to keep him unless Payne pulls the trigger to give him the required amount of money but I don't see that happening.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm almost certain we won't be able to keep him unless Payne pulls the trigger to give him the required amount of money but I don't see that happening.

We have 3 games till then. Unless he scores in all 3 I can't imagine us keeping him.

ManUtd4ever
06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Earnshaw is not worth anything remotely close to DP money or a DP slot. He is a one dimensional player that has become far too predictable, and he is far too selfish in the offensive third of the pitch for my liking. Unless he is willing to sign for 150K, I would let him walk.

WestStandGeoff
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
to end up with a point ( although disappointing ) is not bad considering we had ten men for over half the game

THIS!!! For a match that a lot of people were expecting us to lose outright, I really just have to shake my head that so many are shitting on the team for again giving up a late goal, even with a man disadvantage.

Am I happy that we collapsed again at the end of the game? Hell no! Do I see some positives that we played well and still got a draw against a decent team (and an above average road team at that) being down a man for 1/2 the match? Fuck yeah!

mowe
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Earnshaw is not worth anything remotely close to DP money or a DP slot. He is a one dimensional player that has become far too predictable, and he is far too selfish in the offensive third of the pitch for my liking. Unless he is willing to sign for 150K, I would let him walk.

Agreed. He's not worth >200k, which is what he's used to in the UK. I think Nelson just signed him as a stop gap and they've probably identified other targets for the summer window. The money and international spot for Earnshaw could be better used for a younger striker from say Latin America.

tfcleeds
06-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I'd keep Earnie, although not for crazy money. He's been known to be a bit streaky when it comes to scoring goals. If he accepts less than 200K I'd be cool with that. I've heard he's interested in staying, so at least there's that.

lobo
06-03-2013, 12:00 PM
THIS!!! For a match that a lot of people were expecting us to lose outright, I really just have to shake my head that so many are shitting on the team for again giving up a late goal, even with a man disadvantage.

sooo, we should just accept stupid amateur defensive lapses late in games as inevitable? giving up these late goals negates so much of the good work done for most of the game ... yes there were plenty of positives, including our command of the game when down a man, but these late game fuck ups are nonsense youth house-league stuff.

sorry, but how many games can they make the same mistake (failing to defend set pieces properly by leaving dangerous players unmarked in the box) before it is appropriate for us to shit on the team? honestly, being a man down does not excuse this type of defensive failure, we had enough men on the pitch to mark every man in the box, plus extra ... seriously, these guys are pros, right? how can they keep making the same mistake on such basic tactics? attacking player in the box, mark him, don't leave your mark to chase a ball that you have no chance of reaching, let your teammates do their job and you do yours ... so simple, but so hard for TFC to implement.

i really just have to shake my head at anybody who finds this repeated behaviour acceptable under any circumstances

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2013, 12:09 PM
I'd keep Earnie, although not for crazy money. He's been known to be a bit streaky when it comes to scoring goals. If he accepts less than 200K I'd be cool with that. I've heard he's interested in staying, so at least there's that.

Is there a reason why we can't shop crazy money for a replacement that may be more likely to produce? Just trying to aim a little higher.

tfcleeds
06-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Is there a reason why we can't shop crazy money for a replacement that may be more likely to produce? Just trying to aim a little higher.No reason not to aim higher. But he could still be a useful depth player at that position, not like we have an abundance of strikers currently, especially if one goes down (knock on wood for Koevs).

WestStandGeoff
06-03-2013, 12:25 PM
sooo, we should just accept stupid amateur defensive lapses late in games as inevitable? giving up these late goals negates so much of the good work done for most of the game ... yes there were plenty of positives, including our command of the game when down a man, but these late game fuck ups are nonsense youth house-league stuff.

sorry, but how many games can they make the same mistake (failing to defend set pieces properly by leaving dangerous players unmarked in the box) before it is appropriate for us to shit on the team? honestly, being a man down does not excuse this type of defensive failure, we had enough men on the pitch to mark every man in the box, plus extra ... seriously, these guys are pros, right? how can they keep making the same mistake on such basic tactics? attacking player in the box, mark him, don't leave your mark to chase a ball that you have no chance of reaching, let your teammates do their job and you do yours ... so simple, but so hard for TFC to implement.

i really just have to shake my head at anybody who finds this repeated behaviour acceptable under any circumstances

No, and if you consider the part of my post that you didn't highlight, I'm basically saying that the same people who were saying we had 0% chance of winning can't even be happy about walking away with a draw after playing more than half the match at man down. When Henry was sent off at 0-0, what were your expectations? I know I was thinking "we'll be lucky if this ends in a draw", so yes, still pissed off about the late collapse, but also looking positively that we got points when the odds were stacked against it.

pdogg
06-03-2013, 12:33 PM
No, and if you consider the part of my post that you didn't highlight, I'm basically saying that the same people who were saying we had 0% chance of winning can't even be happy about walking away with a draw after playing more than half the match at man down. When Henry was sent off at 0-0, what were your expectations? I know I was thinking "we'll be lucky if this ends in a draw", so yes, still pissed off about the late collapse, but also looking positively that we got points when the odds were stacked against it.

People will chalk this up as a late game collapse and discredit the fact we were a man down, it's a losing fight given the negative sentiment around here. Most of that negativity is earned and I guess they don't get the benefit of doubt amongst the fans because of it.

I was watching the NY/VAN game and NY had a player sent off at or around the 75th minute, and less than 10 minutes later VAN popped one in against the home team for the winner. VAN almost had another one if not for one of their strikers screwing up a sitter. But when you're the first place team, you're allowed to chalk it up to being a man down. Last place team, well, tough luck.

lobo
06-03-2013, 01:07 PM

when henry was sent off my expectation was same as yours, we'll be lucky to get a draw ... now what were your expectations at the 85th minute? i expected a win at that point.

but my expectations from any earlier point in that game have no relation to the anger i felt at the end of the game ... i'm looking at this from a longer view, and what i see is a shockingly horrendous repeated failure to properly defend set pieces late in games, regularly and routinely giving up points via youth level mistakes by professional footballers ... it's mind boggling.

to pdogg - i do not discredit the fact we were a man down ... i'm saying it didn't matter at that point in the game, we do the same thing man up, man down, or even .... and saturday's 90th min collapse had very little if anything to do with being a man down, (i suppose you could argue some added fatigue contributed to individual mental lapses), but as a team we failed to mark the league's top scorer in our area, it's that simple. all the good that happened before that point was washed away. and not for the first time. it is recurring. game in and game out, under all circumstances. it's a problem. and a very amateurish problem at that.

i guess the point i am making is that if you look at that game in complete isolation, it would be easy to say getting a draw was a decent result considering being a man down. and in that isolation, you might question why your fellow supporters are shitting on the team.

but put that game into the context of the season so far, and it should make any supporter's blood start to boil.