PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Matchday 14: Toronto at DC United, Sat 15 June, 7pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Considering how terrible DC has been this season, this might be one away game TFC takes at least a point... if they play like they did vs Philly.

-------------Bendik
Richter-Caldwell-O'Dea-Morgan
Osorio---Laba---Hall---Convey
-----Earnshaw---Brockie

Swamp Earnshaw out for Koevermans if Danny K does well in reserve game (7 June at Pittsburgh). Because Earnshaw is colder than Hoth right now, and he no longer has a lock for starter spot

gate7
06-02-2013, 11:29 AM
start a healthy Frei....

...for his offensive merritt

notthesun
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
---------------Bendik--------------
Russell---Caldwell---O'Dea---Morgan
Osorio----Laba------Hall-----Convey
----------Brockie---Koef-----------

If Koef is ready for a start, give it to him. Brockie has earned one as well. Silva has been better off the bench than starting this year and I feel like he should have something to prove coming into this game.

I don't think it'll happen, but I'd like to see Russell start at RB over Richter just because Richter literally cannot cross the ball. Even if Russell puts in one good cross for every five attempts, that's still improvement. With Henry suspended and Califf in purgatory I can't see anything other than Caldwell-O'Dea-Morgan as the rest of the backline.

D.C. is somehow worse than us. This should be 3 points.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2013, 06:43 AM
DK doesn't need a full 90 on a plastic pitch, though. I'd predict an early sub spot before a start this weekend.

ManUtd4ever
06-03-2013, 07:02 AM
I thought RFK had natural grass. In that case, Koevs should sit the entire match. It's just not worth the risk, and it's not as if we're battling for a playoff spot.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2013, 07:20 AM
^wiki confuses me. After checking its listed as grass(Prescription Athletic Turf)

That's a footie Oxymoron, no? g:D

ensco
06-03-2013, 07:26 AM
I agree. Koevs needs to be protected.

If he shows anything like the form he had over 5-10 games, he should be traded.

The cupboard here is bare, and a lethal finisher on a short term contract could actually bring a lot back.

Pint
06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread.... Anyone considering going to Pittsburgh for the reserve game Friday night?

jloome
06-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree. Koevs needs to be protected.

If he shows anything like the form he had over 5-10 games, he should be traded.

The cupboard here is bare, and a lethal finisher on a short term contract could actually bring a lot back.

Heart says no, head sees the math. He's never averaged much better than 20 games a season, which as someone here noted once when I pointed it out is pretty low; and he's on the back end of his career, injury wise.

But doing the sheer math isn't always the only consideration. He's loved by fans, if he does stay (reasonably) healthy, he's good for double digit goals. And, to top it off, his deal is so prodigious that I think the best we'd get back would be a package of potential that the trading team is unsure of, even if it's two or three players, or a couple of players and a pick.

We wont' get a major starter unless it's for us eating Danny K's salary and the other team keeping its players salary, and for it to be a major starter, it will probably have to be a malcontent (or seen as one, ala Convey in San Jose and KC).

You add those factors in and I say we're just as well off keeping him and doing the right thing by a player for a change.

OgtheDim
06-03-2013, 01:37 PM
IIRC, its his last season on his contract. Let him finish and then go in another direction.

Back to the OP........probably our most winnable road game of the season. Of course this means DeRo will kill us.

Relja
06-03-2013, 02:39 PM
What happened to Agboss?

West220Side
06-04-2013, 12:09 AM
----------------------- Bendik --------------------
Richter/Russel -- Caldwell - O'dea -- Morgan
-------------------------------------------------------
------------------Laba--------Hall------------------
Convey ------------------------------------Osorio
----------------------Silva---------------------------
------------------Brockie----------------------------

Okay, here I go. Joe Bendik gets the start in net for Toronto against DC for the following reason(s) mainly because last match he actually didn't hoof the ball up the pitch until the end of the match when the entire team started to buckle. He rolled the ball out, and distributed it nicely which is something he really needed to work on. If he hadn't shown improvement in that area I would have started Super Stefan Frei.

Defense - is fairly simple, Eckersley is still injured for about two/three weeks so we're going to just draw a rightback out of a hat, we're throwing Caldwell in at centreback because he has only made 1 mistake to my count since stepping foot on the pitch, we're moving O'dea back to centre because he's not a leftback, and starting Morgan to provide width going forward.

Midfield is a given Hall has improved to much to take him out of there until the summer window when somebody "big" is bought. Laba is a clear starter every match he's able to show more and more especially last match when we actually kept the ball at his feet. Osorio proved he can start on this team and brings a much needed energy to the pitch, Convey is the really ... only decent winger we have.

Going forward we're starting Brockie over Earnshaw because well don't kill me but he's scored five goals and I believe two of those were penalties so really in my eyes he's only finished three chances and he's missed some CLEAR sitters. Brockie brought life to the pitch while he was on it, and we need that. Give the lad a chance at forward. Play Silva behind him for his creativity.

What happened to Agboss?

During the New England game it appeared he was injured and I figured thats why young Doneil Henry was picked over him, but he was on the bench over Califf against Philadelphia.
Califf may be on his way out. I don't want Boss starting, he's a great young player, showed a lot of skill and promise but c'mon here's our chance for Nelsen to move O'dea out of leftback and back into the middle with Henry suspended.

OgtheDim
06-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Laba to get a yellow.

Out next game.

Seems to be his lot in life.

cmonyoureds
06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I was hoping there'd be another "Time of Final Goal" poll in here.......

Initial B
06-04-2013, 09:26 AM
^82 minute: DeRo scores to give DC a 1-1 tie.

trane
06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Heart says no, head sees the math. He's never averaged much better than 20 games a season, which as someone here noted once when I pointed it out is pretty low; and he's on the back end of his career, injury wise.

But doing the sheer math isn't always the only consideration. He's loved by fans, if he does stay (reasonably) healthy, he's good for double digit goals. And, to top it off, his deal is so prodigious that I think the best we'd get back would be a package of potential that the trading team is unsure of, even if it's two or three players, or a couple of players and a pick.

We wont' get a major starter unless it's for us eating Danny K's salary and the other team keeping its players salary, and for it to be a major starter, it will probably have to be a malcontent (or seen as one, ala Convey in San Jose and KC).

You add those factors in and I say we're just as well off keeping him and doing the right thing by a player for a change.

I have to agree. The problem is that the FO still thinks they can push for the playoffs-which I do not see at this point-we would need to get a string of wings pretty fast for that too be a reality. Therefore getting space to bring in a younger CF, would be key.

Ajax TFC
06-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Bendik
Richter - Agboss - O'Dea - Morgan
Laba
Brockie - Hall - Osorio - Convey
Koevermans

Lots of flexibility there if we have to adjust on the fly. You can move Hall back next to Laba to make it a 4-4-1-1, you can move Brockie and Convey forward to make it a 4-3-3, or you could move Brockie next to Koevermans and Osorio out wide to make it a 4-4-2, or move Brockie up and Convey and Hall back to make a 4-3-1-2. All would be fairly smooth transitions.

gdg_9
06-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Bendik
Richter - Agboss - O'Dea - Morgan
Laba
Brockie - Hall - Osorio - Convey
Koevermans

Lots of flexibility there if we have to adjust on the fly. You can move Hall back next to Laba to make it a 4-4-1-1, you can move Brockie and Convey forward to make it a 4-3-3, or you could move Brockie next to Koevermans and Osorio out wide to make it a 4-4-2, or move Brockie up and Convey and Hall back to make a 4-3-1-2. All would be fairly smooth transitions.

I like the flexibility... But I'd leave Caldwell in instead of Agboss. I've liked his no nonsense game so far.

Also, I question whether Koev's is fit enough for a starting role yet. Maybe start Earnshaw and bring Koev's on at 65' or so.

Abou Sky
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Laba to get a yellow.

Out next game.

Seems to be his lot in life.

It's because the refs as racist and he is brownish

Ajax TFC
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
I like the flexibility... But I'd leave Caldwell in instead of Agboss. I've liked his no nonsense game so far.
I don't like having two slow CBs, and I want Morgan in at LB to give Koevermans service meaning O'Dea goes back to the center. Plus Agboss never did anything to lose his spot in the first place. He just got unlucky with an injury.

Also, I question whether Koev's is fit enough for a starting role yet. Maybe start Earnshaw and bring Koev's on at 65' or so.
He looked good for 45 minutes in the reserve game two weeks ago. that will have been almost a month before this game. It shouldn't take him a month to go from 45 minutes fit to say 70 minutes. We NEED someone up front who can 1) score, and 2) hold the ball up. That makes even a not 100% Koevermans worth playing as long as there's no risk of re-injury. If he tires, sub him out.

Derko
06-04-2013, 09:26 PM
^82 minute: DeRo scores to give DC a 1-1 tie.

No comment on that prick

OgtheDim
06-04-2013, 09:57 PM
It's because the refs as racist and he is brownish

He was like that in Argentina, by all accounts. A lot of yellows, very few reds, no goals. Difference between him and Henry is Laba knows better then to go in from behind when on a yellow - 1 year older and about 200 points more in soccer IQ will do that for you.

Super
06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I thought we played really well against Philly, and I believe we will continue to improve. We're competitive, but we have a few errors to fix (such as conceding late goals). Add a player or two, fix a few errors, get the entire team fired up, and I think we'll see an end to our misfortunes.

2-1 win for TFC.

jloome
06-05-2013, 11:15 AM
No comment on that prick

I don't want to rile the whole thing up again, but you notice that they gave him the DP deal and now Olsen is suggesting he doesn't have the legs to start anymore.

Marc"2L"
06-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't want to rile the whole thing up again, but you notice that they gave him the DP deal and now Olsen is suggesting he doesn't have the legs to start anymore.

Yeah, this sounds like a perfect time for him to prove that wrong....

Yohan
06-05-2013, 02:03 PM
The two serious injuries dero had last year or so took a lot out of old man dero. Father time finally caught up

cochrdoc
06-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Is this the battle of the shits

Ultra & Proud
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Yup DeRo is one of those players we used to freak out about having on our team (old, over the hill, washed up). Good thing he got his DP deal (somewhere else).

Oldtimer
06-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Please don't turn this into one of those endless "DeRo threads." If you discuss DeRo, it should be his impact on this particular match, not his past history with TFC or other teams.

Initial B
06-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Like I said: DeRo scores in the 82' to give DC a 1-1 tie. Just because the soccer gods hate us. :P

Abou Sky
06-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Man I am having a rough time of it this year, DC has been my second team, the one that lifted me up when I was down...

Ugh, SKC is really good Soccer to watch though...

Leedsoronto
06-06-2013, 01:25 PM
We will win easy, 2 or 3. Nil. No last minute goals, we will score 2 in the first half and 1 after the break. :@)

gdg_9
06-06-2013, 01:38 PM
DCU adds Alain Rochat from Shitecaps.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?33646-2013-MLS-(non-TFC)-transfer-rumours-thread&p=1589470#post1589470

Dv23
06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Oh man. Guys... I did it a bunch of times last year, most notably for the CONCCAF games against LA, but I haven't done it at all this year.

That's right.. I had a vision in my dreams. Laba nets it at LEAST once, and the Reds take it 2-0. I'll stake my reputation on it!

Detroit_TFC
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Roster to roster this should be all ours. But, as much as we are saying that this is our best chance for 3 pts, they are saying exactly the same thing. Olsen is banging that into their heads I'm sure. Good chance they will outfight us for the win.

Yohan
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM
DC is playing Philly US Open Cup match on Wed. Unknown how many first team guys Olsen will be playing, but at least TFC will have advantage of lots of rest.

Auzzy
06-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Carlos Ruiz called up to the Guatemalan national team for a friendly vs. Argentina on Friday the 14th. Apparently won't be available to play vs TFC on Saturday. At least one former TFC player who won't be scoring on TFC.

Yohan
06-12-2013, 06:13 AM
Koevermans questionable for Sat. oh yaya

nonc
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM
MLSsoccer has been on the Osorio train, and he's easily our only deserving all-star (at best), yet he isn't one of the four TFC players eligible to be voted in. MLS fail.

Marc"2L"
06-12-2013, 11:29 AM
MLSsoccer has been on the Osorio train, and he's easily our only deserving all-star (at best), yet he isn't one of the four TFC players eligible to be voted in. MLS fail.

Good.

edit: because the most he gains out of it, is trading shirts with... Roma?
But seriously, game is just a mid season injury risk.

Carts
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Good.

edit: because the most he gains out of it, is trading shirts with... Roma?
But seriously, game is just a mid season injury risk.

Normally I'd think "...this would be a good experience for the youngster..." and then I read the last 4-words in your post, and with our luck/curse - he'd definitely get hurt...

Good he's not going...

Carts
06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
It's sad, I'm already getting somewhat disinterested in road games already...

I really need (and I don't think I'm alone) something to boost my spirits and get me back into the game - full time...

Home matches, I'm psyched, ready, look forward to them...

But at 14pts out of the playoffs, East Conf 2nd worst vs worst - it's getting tough making the road matches a priority, and that makes me sad... :(

Super
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
It's sad, I'm already getting somewhat disinterested in road games already...

It doesn't help that going on a road trip in the MLS is a very costly and time-consuming affair. If DC was an hour or two away I bet you most of us would go. Using a whole weekend plus spending a ton of cash requires a match that's a bit more than just bottom team vs. bottom team.

Yohan
06-12-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.dcunited.com/live

Looks like a mix of first team and reserves for DC United. 2nd half

Yohan
06-12-2013, 07:57 PM
DeRo with hat trick. DC didn't look very good though

Richard
06-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Rounding into form just in time for us, good time to bet on another hat trick for Dero this weekend.

Yohan
06-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Chris Pontius likely out for DC with a concussion. Huge break for TFC (even if Pontius hasn't been very good this season so far)

pawlukj
06-13-2013, 10:57 PM
its time for a win

ManUtd4ever
06-14-2013, 07:31 AM
It's been time for a win for over 3 months, LOL. I wouldn't hold my breath, and I wouldn't take a last place team with DeRo for granted either.

T-boy
06-14-2013, 08:24 AM
It's a game we can win, but its also an away game, which I never predict a win. So, another draw?!

Super
06-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Need a win in this game. Normally I would say that an away draw is always a good result, but we can't really afford to lose points - 3 or 2. We need to get all 3. Or at least our tactics should be setup for a win!

jloome
06-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I know this isn't technically possible, but the way our team has gone over six seasons, I expect us to lose in the 90th with Dunfield scoring the winner for D.C.

ensco
06-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Huge game for Payne and Nelsen. Homecoming.

The game itself, man. Likely to be unwatchable tripe. I'll do game in 6 on this one, thanks.

Yohan
06-14-2013, 05:18 PM

The game itself, man. Likely to be unwatchable tripe. I'll do game in 6 on this one, thanks.
historically, TFC at DC United is quite entertaining fixture with lots of goals, even if TFC loses most of the time.

ensco
06-14-2013, 05:26 PM
historically, TFC at DC United is quite entertaining fixture with lots of goals, even if TFC loses most of the time.

enjoy

BuSaPuNk
06-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah two teams bottom of the table looking for something positive. This has got goalfest written all over it. I think it's a quirky one with 4-5 goals. Thinking this is one that Payne and Nelsen really want and will d anything to get. I think we come out on fire and win. 4-3.

Might head down to Joes to watch it if other people are heading down.

Auzzy
06-14-2013, 05:58 PM

Not sure why you think that. TFC's last game was about the most enjoyable they've every played, IMO. Except for the last 5 minutes or so. Just turn it off then.

ensco
06-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Just turn it off then.

I really dislike this kind of gratuitous crap comment.

Like only a malcontent could possibly think this.

These are the two worst teams in the league, both are missing players, 90% of TFC's road games are not entertaining. As I clearly said above, anybody who thinks different, fine by me. But spare me the lecture.

khso11
06-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Gonna be at DC to watch this, they (TFC) better win!!!!

Dreadlocks
06-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Not sure why you think that. TFC's last game was about the most enjoyable they've every played, IMO. Except for the last 5 minutes or so. Just turn it off then.

I really dislike this......

Correct me if I'm wrong Auzzy, but ensco, I think you may have read it wrong. I think it was meant to say that the game should be good up to the last five minutes - at which point you could turn it off.

Sorry if I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but that's the way I read it.

Auzzy
06-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Auzzy, but ensco, I think you may have read it wrong. I think it was meant to say that the game should be good up to the last five minutes - at which point you could turn it off.

Sorry if I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but that's the way I read it.

Thanks Dreadlocks. That's exactly what I meant. I honestly think most of TFC's recent games have gotten much better, including some of their road games. (77% pass completion in the last game, despite being down a man for about half the game.) But the endings in particular are usually still dreadful, as they revert to their worst possible habits. And the resulting feeling of dread towards the end of the game is absolutely awful for me, surely for most. No it's not good enough, I don't agree with some of what management says, as the whole game up until the final whistle is what counts. Yet for me, it will be interesting to see if they can continue any of their recent better play -- past their two week break, on the road, but against a team with a worse record.

If it starts feeling like the same-old-same-old TFC towards the end, barely hanging onto a tie or a one-goal lead, and reverting to playing in a way that gives me physical stomach aches -- maybe I will turn off the game.

Of course, everybody else is going to do whatever the hell else they want to do. I haven't heard anything about TV viewership numbers lately -- but I bet they're very bad for TFC.

ensco
06-14-2013, 08:18 PM

Funny I see that now. If that's what you meant Auzzy, no harm no foul!

ensco
06-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks Dreadlocks. That's exactly what I meant. I honestly think most of TFC's recent games have gotten much better, including some of their road games. (77% pass completion in the last game, despite being down a man for about half the game.) But the endings in particular are usually still dreadful, as they revert to their worst possible habits. And the resulting feeling of dread towards the end of the game is absolutely awful for me, surely for most. No it's not good enough, I don't agree with some of what management says, as the whole game up until the final whistle is what counts. Yet for me, it will be interesting to see if they can continue any of their recent better play -- past their two week break, on the road, but against a team with a worse record.

If it starts feeling like the same-old-same-old TFC towards the end, barely hanging onto a tie or a one-goal lead, and reverting to playing in a way that gives me physical stomach aches -- maybe I will turn off the game.

Of course, everybody else is going to do whatever the hell else they want to do. I haven't heard anything about TV viewership numbers lately -- but I bet they're very bad for TFC.

My bad. Sorry.

Auzzy
06-14-2013, 08:22 PM
My bad. Sorry.

Hey no problem. I was about to get all snarky, but thanks to Dreadlocks for helping tone it down!

Abou Sky
06-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Well I am down in DC for this one, not a 'road trip' but I am putting in my time at art galleries (love art but you can only take in so much)

I will be the guy in the Dunfield jersey, hope whomever else comes down comes to the tailgate.

OgtheDim
06-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Boy it took a LONG time to get to this Matchday.

BuSaPuNk
06-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Going to Joes tonight anyone with me?

Technorgasm
06-15-2013, 04:48 PM
it says on the tfc website, the game is on TSN2
but in the rogers channel guide its not there.
is the game on TV or not?

can someone quote this post to clarify oplease.
thansk.

BuSaPuNk
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Nope it's on the guide I taped it before going out. It's on tsn2.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah it's definately there. Channel 98 for me.

@torontofc: #TFC XI: Bendik; Richter, Agbossoumonde, Caldwell, O'Dea; Osorio, Laba, Hall, Convey; Silva, Earnshaw.. #TFClive #MLS

West220Side
06-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah it's definately there. Channel 98 for me.

@torontofc: #TFC XI: Bendik; Richter, Agbossoumonde, Caldwell, O'Dea; Osorio, Laba, Hall, Convey; Silva, Earnshaw.. #TFClive #MLS

Id still prefer Brockie in place of Earnshaw, with Koevermans coming on late.
O'Dea has no business on the left, but oh well.
Eckersley still has 1-2 weeks before he's back to 90 minutes a game.

v00d00daddy
06-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Let's go boys. O'Dea at LB worries me but we'll see.

notthesun
06-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Oh god Vic Rauter is doing commentary? Have mercy...

AlanO
06-15-2013, 06:16 PM
No blackout on MLS Live. Has the NBC commentary.

[NBF]
06-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Oh god Vic Rauter is doing commentary? Have mercy........and former TFC 1 in 6 Greg Sutton.lol.

v00d00daddy
This game is already wiiiiiide open. I think we're gonna see 4 or 5 goals tonight.

Ajax TFC
This Pbp guy is driving me insane

[NBF]
06-15-2013, 06:19 PM
lol@this commentary, i get the feeling that someone is going to skate around the net soon and score on a reach around.

JayMolly
06-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Nope it's on the guide I taped it before going out. It's on tsn2.

Yes it is on TSN2.

Too bad CTV Toronto doesn't follow TFC.

Friday night Lance Brown said TFC at BMO Saturday night, and just before match time tonight, Suneel Joshi said TFC playing DC tonight at BMO.

Shame on you CTV - Toronto!!!

West220Side
What is that the tenth time Earnshaw has just ruined a clear chance at goal? He's all dried up folks.

Ajax TFC
And they (commentators) don't understand that Laba IS a defensive mid, he's not just filling in there

Oh and there's Earnshaw again with another missed chance

[NBF]
06-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Earnshaw with the team for the rest of the season now. Thats good news. Where was this all week?

v00d00daddy
06-15-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't miss DeRo at ALL.

I like the way we're moving the ball. I'd prefer a few less swung in balls from our backs.

Earnshaw stinks. I know he has his defenders that say he just needs service but the guy plays with blinders on. Points to the ground, demanding service from Osorio and Osorio puts in on a platter for him and he skies it. I'd like to see more from him.

v00d00daddy
06-15-2013, 06:25 PM
;1590850']Earnshaw with the team for the rest of the season now. Thats good news. Where was this all week?

Some reports suggested that Dunfield being waived was done to open up some money to sign Earnshaw for the rest of the season. Not sure if I read that or it was just speculation.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Earnshaw smoked crack with the other Rob.

TFC07
Earnshaw is playing like crap so far. He needs to pick it up or sub him out and bring in Brockie or Danny K (obviously if he's match fit to play most of the game)

Ajax TFC
I hope that was a missed cross and not an attempted shot from Earnshaw a meter from the end line way out wide

[NBF]
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
OMG, agboss is an idiot

TFC07
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Was that a dive?

TFC07
06-15-2013, 06:28 PM
DeRo scores on a PK.

[NBF]
D-e-r-o-s-a-r-i-o!!!!! 1-0

69Chevy396
I don't miss DeRo at ALL.

I like the way we're moving the ball. I'd prefer a few less swung in balls from our backs.

Earnshaw stinks. I know he has his defenders that say he just needs service but the guy plays with blinders on. Points to the ground, demanding service from Osorio and Osorio puts in on a platter for him and he skies it. I'd like to see more from him.
The thousands of empty bmo seats belonged to many who do miss him. He is the best soccer player out of Canada, and out of Toronto, and nothing can justify his departure. Good on him. Hope he scores five tonight.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I usually laugh off unfair referee claims, but this ref is VERY inconsistent.

v00d00daddy
Fuck!

Red sea parted for 60 yards and then Gale makes a stupid play and begs the ref to mark it outside the box.

And I have to watch DeRo score. Fuck!

It's okay. We have goals in us. I can feel it. I'm calling Silva to equalize.

Corpand
Opinions on the PK call?

He went down WAY too easy, obviously looking for it. Boss shouldnt have touched that prick though.

Broken. Fucking. Record.

v00d00daddy
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I hope that was a missed cross and not an attempted shot from Earnshaw a meter from the end line way out wide

My money is on "attempted shot" LOL

Marc"2L"
Yeah, it's what we figured right?

[NBF]
4 guys on Earnshaw as soon as he got the ball.

Ajax TFC
06-15-2013, 06:31 PM
If that was gareth bale the ref would have given a yellow for diving, not a penalty

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Richter now 0 for 1000 on crosses

valeo
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Was that a dive?

Was outside the box..

v00d00daddy
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
On the replay you'll see Hall literally watch the guy run by as he's out for a jog. If I'm the coach, he comes off the field for that lack of interest and effort.

TFC07
Was outside the box..

Boss barely touch the guy based on limited replay.

SirBobSaget
Richter now 0 for 1001

[NBF]
06-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Richter is horrible at crossing the ball. 3 guys in the middle but no accuracy on the cross.

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Hall just got danced around again. Leaves his man to chase after the pass and almost 2-0

nonc
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Richter now 0 for 1000 on crosses

USL Pro pipeline!

notthesun
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
;1590875']Richter is horrible at crossing the ball. 3 guys in the middle but no accuracy on the cross.

Been saying this for weeks. There's honestly no point in him crossing, we lose the ball 100% of the time. Just collapse to his side and work it in on the ground instead.

notthesun
06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
"Uh oh Pajoy, uh oh Pajoy, uh oh, UH OH!"

You're killing me Vic, lol

nonc
06-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I hate to get on Gale for the actual challenge my biggest problem is he was flat footed and there was no reason to be because that play started all the way in United's half. flat footed challenges always get the whistle just run alongside him problem solved.

Ajax TFC
06-15-2013, 06:40 PM
It's a miracle

[NBF]
LOL @ EArnshaw. He just did a Dunfield. 1-1.

Ivy
Nobody pull a hammy!!!

TFC07
06-15-2013, 06:41 PM
What a goal by Earnshaw! lol

v00d00daddy
Hahahaha. Ugly but I'll take it. What did that go off of?

60 yard ball and Rauter calls it a lovely "cross" hahaha.

AlanO
Well that came out of nowhere. Good stuff!

SirBobSaget
Keep pumping high balls up to earnshaw!!!

[NBF]
Osorio and Agboss on yellows.

valeo
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Luckiest header ever

A defender deals with that 99/100 times

tfcleeds
"Uh oh Pajoy, uh oh Pajoy, uh oh, UH OH!"

You're killing me Vic, lol

Honestly don't know which is worse, listening to Vic Rauter, or the DC announcers I'm currently being tortured by.

Section 117
The thousands of empty bmo seats belonged to many who do miss him. He is the best soccer player out of Canada, and out of Toronto, and nothing can justify his departure. Good on him. Hope he scores five tonight.

He signed his own cheque out this town. It was his decision that he left not the teams... He the best of bad bunch which doesn't say much...

[NBF]
06-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Caldwell banks it off Earnshaw...... lol. I think it might be called an OG on McDonald.

jazzy
06-15-2013, 06:44 PM
how did Caldwell take out Dero and Osorio gets yellow?....correct me?

v00d00daddy
06-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Luckiest header ever

A defender deals with that 99/100 times

Almost certain that didn't go off his head at all. It hit him in the chest area. If it were the other way we'd be screaming for a foul AND a handball. LOL

Like I said, I'll take it but man was that ugly.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Richter wastes 1003 crosses, and the rest of the team wastes 1004 corners. Bring back corner-Dunny.

valeo
06-15-2013, 06:51 PM
That was a great set-piece ; well done. Put it in a good area - own goal. Lots of luck so far but hopefully you carry on with it.

Hope to see Brockie on later.

Yohan
excellent header by Daniel Woolard... lol

TFC07
TFC is looking stronger now in this game. 2-1 for TFC

AlanO
06-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Great delivery

[NBF]
Two bankshots by Silva and Caldwell. 2-1 lead. Frings is laughing his head off.

Auzzy
Nice patient build-up on both Toronto goals.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh baby I'm gonna pull on my wiener so hard!!!

jazzy
06-15-2013, 06:53 PM
is it possible someone actually is worse than us....on D.......pass the torch

Yohan
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM

you did look at DC's position and their goal difference, right?

Ivy
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Lovely header from Petr Cech

valeo
06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
What's with that cross by Richter? Had so much time. I could cross better than that.

tfcleeds
Richter again...1005 now?

SirBobSaget
Richter 0 for 1002 on crossing. Seriously why bother?

Ivy
06-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Our D is my bad... And midfield is actually decent today. There's nobody to finish. Attacks die 25meters from the net.

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
LOL, no DC United player even tries to go out to challenge Richter. "Yes cross it please, cross it please, there you go."

tfcleeds
That's OK - as far as I'm concerned we're already drawing 2-2 (given the inevitable goal that's coming after 85 mins.). Let's grab another one.

SirBobSaget
It's not even like richters crosses are getting dealt with by defenders. Either he punts it way too far or miss hits and bounces to first man.

TFC07
06-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Why did TFC cut Stinson? Might as well kept him over Richter.

Ajax TFC
06-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Bring on The Koev!

Petor
06-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Have we been leading a game at the half this year?
Don't matter how the goals went in, the effort is there.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:05 PM
On another note, all TFC left backs play hoofball.

TFC07
06-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Bring on The Koev!

Yes. If will going to start hoofing the ball in 2nd half to defend the lead, then might as well get a target man upfront to give us a chance to win

19Barrett19
06-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Put in russell for richter things will flow better

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:11 PM
This commentator is AWESOME. he just made me want cotton candy.

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:11 PM
you did look at DC's position and their goal difference, right?

just living in the moment........and will take anything I can get...from what I'm seeing I'll take our D

Ajax TFC
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
"Mls on TSN we are at R... Awe cotton candy! There's nothing better. It gets all over"

"Oh hey Squirel!"

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Bendik for president.

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:14 PM
personally where's Brockie.....please after 75 at least replacing Ernshaw IF I'm not going to see Koev's

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Before the DC goal, unbelievable Hall and others let the DC player march 40 yards downfield w/o challenging. And sorry Boss is garbage today. With that much space, no excuse for challenging that close to the edge of the area. Plus he was late and slow. Don't force the ref to make decisions like that.

What happened to the TFC team that played vs. Philly? Most of the players are the same except Boss. I can't believe a little flight down to DC, after a 2-week break, can have so much impact. Can't pass, can't get into position, can't defend, no pressure, letting DC run all over the place.

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Bendik's got some attitude tonight.....ok

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Olson has DC playing like all other teams play against TFC with 10 minutes left. Except he's doing it early.

AlanO
06-15-2013, 07:20 PM
NBC commentators talk about Caldwell's set piece deliveries like he's Ronaldo or something.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
NBC commentators talk about Caldwell's set piece deliveries like he's Ronaldo or something.
Ronaldo who? You mean Richter?

AlanO
06-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Ronaldo who? You mean Richter?
Right, sorry, I confuse them all the time. :)

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
WTF is wrong with Hall tonight. Laba steals the ball nicely, passes to Hall, Hall fucks up & gives the ball away, DC breaks, Laba sprints back, Hall jogs back slowly towards nowhere in particular. If I was Laba I'd wring his neck.

Half of TFC looks hungover. After seeing some of their tweets, I have to wonder.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:25 PM
God damn it Richter!!!

TFC07
Hall playing lazy after Dunfield got cut from the team? I guess lack of competition is getting into his head to play lazy out there now.

Yohan
what? no one dissing Nelsen for wearing track pants? ;)

AlanO
06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Second half has been garbage for both teams

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Would like to see brick or and Kiev for Ernie and convey. Looking tired

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Can't understand why we're looking so lethargic - after a two-week break, especially.

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Can't understand why we're looking so lethargic - after a two-week break, especially.

Exactly! I don't get it.

TFC07
06-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Vic should do more pbp for TFC. He's making me laugh so much.

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:37 PM
I have absolutely zero hope that TFC can come away with a win here, or even a tie. Unless Nelsen makes some subs and TFC wakes the fuck up.

AlanO
06-15-2013, 07:38 PM
DeRo subbed off. He's PISSED

CBTFC
06-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Still can't believe we scored on a set piece!

p.s. my apologies to ensco for calling you a douche (when it was me who was acting like the douche), as well as to shakes mcqueen and the other moderators.

tfc!

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Brockie in please.

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 07:40 PM
I don't understand the resistance to make subs. Is there any reason to not bring on fresh players? Maybe I play too much football manager ...

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:40 PM
RYAN FUCKING WHAT THE TITS!!!! Lambe??? Really??!!??

Ajax TFC
06-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Best way to prevent giving up points late is to get another fucking goal. Put Koev in, get the goal and then you can start playing defensive.

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Brockie in please.

Can somebody send Abou Sky or one of the other TFC fans in DC a text, tell them to go down to the edge of the stands and scream that in Nelsen's ear?

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:45 PM
there goes the game Lambe.....in

TFC07
06-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Brockie in please.

You got your wish.

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Lol...DC commentators "Ag-booga-som-monde".

AlanO
06-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Rochat would have been a good pickup for TFC.

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:47 PM
there goes the game Lambe.....in

They're supposed to sacrifice a Lamb, not the game.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Who's ready for their blood pressure to shoot up?

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Ugghh - right around this time of game, I start feeling sick to my stomach. Because I know something bad will happen soon.

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Rochat would have been a good pickup for TFC.

not sure Van would give him up to us

CBTFC
06-15-2013, 07:49 PM
80th minute...*one single drop of sweat starts to form on forehead*

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Yup, blood pressure rising, stomach ache setting in, it's all downhill from here. Not that it's ever been very uphill today.

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:52 PM
hey isn't that our BMO squirrel give it his all trying to distract DC

TFC07
06-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Russell in, Silva out.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:54 PM
6 esquire minutes will be added

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Osorio so strong on the ball running through tackles. Surprise of the season no question

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Oh shit!!!!!!

AlanO
Osorio so strong on the ball running through tackles. Surprise of the season no question

He plays well beyond his years. Hopefully he's considered for rookie of the year honours.

TFC07
Russell is lucky not to get booked again.

Ivy
Wtf is wrong with Russell?

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Russel should be sent off. Cut that guy asap

jazzy
06-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Is Russell out of his mind...1 yellow in 1 min , trying for a red 2 mins later

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 07:59 PM
There's a novel concept - actually take it into the opposing half in injury time to take minutes off the clock.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Is Russell out of his mind...1 yellow in 1 min , trying for a red 2 mins later
Forget the red.. That was just a horribly unprofessional elbow. Just nasty.

TFC07
06-15-2013, 08:03 PM
TFC finally win! 3 points on the road.

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Is this real life??

TFC07
06-15-2013, 08:04 PM
We actually played well in the extra time for once. DC United weren't a threat in the end. Job well done TFC!

CBTFC
06-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Huge psychological victory. Win on the road, and we scored a set piece goal. Well done.

Auzzy
06-15-2013, 08:06 PM
I didn't really think TFC played well during extra time. WTF Bendik kicking it straight to DC's goalie more than once during extra time... Oh well, that was mostly shite, but the score is what counts.

valeo
06-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Congrats guys - long time coming. You were a bit lucky with your goals but to be fair, so were they. That pen wasn't a pen in my mind. Osorio looks like some player.

JayMolly
06-15-2013, 08:07 PM
OMG . . . did we really NOT allow a goal in stoppage time?

Way to go boys.

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Ugly, ugly win...but beggars can't be choosers.

Ivy
Is this real life??

http://zrdavis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/real-life1.jpg

nonc
Huge psychological victory.

+1..

Yohan
barely won against a DC team played tired after midweek Cup game, injuries and tons of luck. oh and DC is actually worse than TFC.

but away win is still a win. good reward for TFC supporters that made the trip down.

TFC07
06-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't really think TFC played well during extra time. WTF Bendik kicking it straight to DC's goalie more than once during extra time... Oh well, that was mostly shite, but the score is what counts.

Based on previous games, TFC looked much better. DC United didn't look threatening in the end.

tfcleeds
06-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Any chance Abou Sky is going to Houston next weekend? ;)

jloome
06-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Huge psychological victory. Win on the road, and we scored a set piece goal. Well done. The relief. The sweet fucking relief.

QBall
06-15-2013, 08:14 PM
1. Woolard played a brutal game for DC. Bruuuutal
2. Looks like TFC isn't the only one that plays hoofball, too bad it works just as poorly for DC United;
3. TFC showed excellent ball control, especially Osorio
4. Agbossoumonde bounced back well after the penalty
5. I think Earnshaw's goal was more luck than skill,but I'll take what I can get
6. Glad I'm not a DC United supporter

TFC!

Petor
06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't know whats up with the TSN2 announcers(Vancouverites?) but they were trying so hard to jinx TFC the whole second half, it seemed like the whole second half I was yelling STFU! :(

ag futbol
06-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Well... That's probably the end of Ben Olsen. This "let's hire inexperienced former players as coaches" trend is going to boomerang back around I think.

Anyway, full credit to TFC. More of these needed to keep the faith.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 08:30 PM
TFC won, DeRo is upset, Impact lost... what more can a guy ask for?

Yohan
06-15-2013, 08:31 PM

Shitecaps lose too? ;)

jazzy
06-15-2013, 08:33 PM
koev's gets healthy....Lambe retires......more/

__wowza
06-15-2013, 08:34 PM
http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/97/94/e1e39c592034db086f20760cd97c979c.gif

BuSaPuNk
06-15-2013, 08:42 PM
OMG are you kidding me. What a result. Too bad I was the only one at Joes lol. But Joe was the best put it on the big screen for me.,

Initial B
06-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Wow... I didn't want to dare hope, but it looks like we aren't actually the worst team in the league! I just hope this won't be our only win for the rest of the year.

OgtheDim
06-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Looked at Earnshaw's goal a couple of times and I would call that graft, not luck.

He fouls his man, who is about 1/2 a foot taller, to get to the ball. And he knows the ball is going on goal, which is, in those situations all you can ask for. Look at it again people. I know he's not perfect, but I think some of you are not seeing the work when he pulls something off.

Ivy
06-15-2013, 08:50 PM
As ugly as the win was, TFC played better. Much better ball control than usual, lots of passes, lots of interceptions. But like always, there is no finishing - the team becomes very edgy and looks confused when the ball gets into the 30 yards of the other team. MUCH stronger midfield today. Laba was MOTM for me (but either him or Oso need to change their shoes or haircuts, I kept confusing them during the game). and as always, we need wingers.
Richter's crosses can not be allowed.
Caldwell = class. excellent signing.
Hall didn't have a good game, looked hung over and lazy.

billyfly
06-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Holy cow. We won?

Leedsoronto
06-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Holy cow. We won?

What's more, we played 6 mins extra and did not crumble. Yoohoooo!!!!!!

TFC07
06-15-2013, 09:32 PM
So quiet here after our win. I guess we don't have much to complain about.

TFC07
06-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Shitecaps lose too? ;)

20 MINS in: shitecaps are down 2-nil.

EDIT: NE Revs down 10 men. Score is: 2-1. Only in 25th minute in the game.

Leedsoronto
06-15-2013, 09:55 PM
3-2 caps come back

SirBobSaget
06-15-2013, 09:56 PM
As ugly as the win was, TFC played better. Much better ball control than usual, lots of passes, lots of interceptions. But like always, there is no finishing - the team becomes very edgy and looks confused when the ball gets into the 30 yards of the other team. MUCH stronger midfield today. Laba was MOTM for me (but either him or Oso need to change their shoes or haircuts, I kept confusing them during the game). and as always, we need wingers.

Agree with Ivy here. Hall and Richter had poor games and seriously in need to be upgraded. At one point Caldwell moved over to right Center Back to shore up Richter anto the relief of Boss.

Eastend
06-15-2013, 10:04 PM
We won. I'm Happy Happy Happy.

Dom

Leedsoronto
06-15-2013, 10:09 PM
We won. I'm Happy Happy Happy.

Dom

All TFC teams won today

@torontofc #TFC 4-0 today! "@AK7_99: Its a proud day when all TFC teams win, TFCA99, TFCA98, senior team and pro team"

Abou Sky
06-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Any chance Abou Sky is going to Houston next weekend? ;)

lol, not unless there is a collection plate going around to pay for my trip and kids summer camps. ;-)

Great fun down here, we NEED to have an away trip down here in August. Screaming Eagles are awesome folk and DC in general rocks.

Anyway, will defo take a win any way it comes, great to see a few other supporters down here too.

Haddy
06-15-2013, 10:40 PM

My only complaint was Russell getting all UFC on Woolard. I get being physical, but risking two yellows seconds after you come on as a sub to shore up D and clinch a win....that was sloppy.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed watching Laba and Osorio.

OgtheDim
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
A few notes from having watched it now (was out with the wife and looking at MLS Live updates and video).

Caldwell''s yellow on DeRo was a message. It basically was "Look mate, we don't know you anymore so F off."
Caldwell.....warrior.
DC is REALLY bad
Ugly win but take it and run
Against Philly, we passed out of the back. Not today. Ugly passing by Bendik.
Hall was awful.
Silva is not a forward to support Earnshaw. Brockie or Koevs please.
Back four solid defensively except for the play leading to the PK, which was as much Hall's fault as Gale's.
That's how you run out a game
Russel's elbow could have been a red or a yellow. His yellow wasn't even a foul.
DeRo got old

Oh, and the reason why we let Nelsen get away with wearing track pants is obvious:

The man has a nice ass.

Roll on Houston, which in theory should be our ugliest game of the season.

ProfessorDamage
06-15-2013, 10:50 PM
We won, and that's great, I hope we can build on it, though the up-next will be very difficult.

In other news: we shouldn't have won and we're still miles from home at the back and through the middle.

ensco
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Just watched game in 6.

On the DC goal, not sure that was a foul on Boss. On the first TFC goal, not sure that wasn't a foul on Earnshaw.

Looked like a poorly played game by both teams, but maybe it doesn't matter. Only the second win in 11 months.

Thomas
06-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Yeah, right. He scored a real big one for us tonight. Call it a fluke or whatever, but it's still an away goal.

What is that the tenth time Earnshaw has just ruined a clear chance at goal? He's all dried up folks.

khso11
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM
This game was worth every penny and time spent getting to DC, I can't believed they've hold on to a 5 min added time too. Osorio looks good.

burlington Red
06-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Looked at Earnshaw's goal a couple of times and I would call that graft, not luck.

He fouls his man, who is about 1/2 a foot taller, to get to the ball. And he knows the ball is going on goal, which is, in those situations all you can ask for. Look at it again people. I know he's not perfect, but I think some of you are not seeing the work when he pulls something off.

probably right, if Danny K had of scored it, it would prob be goal of season for some fans

Couchy81
06-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Forget the red.. That was just a horribly unprofessional elbow. Just nasty.

Missed that, what happened? Wasn't on the GI6

TFCwestcan
06-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Oh god Vic Rauter is doing commentary? Have mercy...
Got that right, Rauter has the most difficult time saying Deros name, that and of course numerous factual errors. Go back to curling bud.

Derko
06-16-2013, 07:03 AM

I only wish DeRo would have been a professional about it, He was duped by TFC management and his own Agent. Are you really a TFC supporter, I mean wishing an opponent score 5 aginst you, Thats a bit Turncoat, like isn't it. Ah well I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion. I'll just refer to you as Benedict (Arnold that is)

FluSH
06-16-2013, 08:11 AM
I don't know whats up with the TSN2 announcers(Vancouverites?) but they were trying so hard to jinx TFC the whole second half, it seemed like the whole second half I was yelling STFU! :(

Personally.... We need more colourful and bias commentators like this guy:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=q4Y3vwEGKNg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq4Y3vwEGKNg

LoL

FluSH
06-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Some of the comments here during the 80th and after the win are pure gold!

Eastend
06-16-2013, 08:52 AM

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=q4Y3vwEGKNg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq4Y3vwEGKNg

LoL

That's just awesome. I'd pay to watch him for the 90 minutes.

Dom

Fort York Redcoat
06-16-2013, 09:24 AM

People do miss him and wish he could've stayed. He is our best player for Canada and i hope he continues his all time goal scoring record. i also hope he scores not 5 but at least six goals this season to take Jason Kreis in MLS all time scoring record to climb to 5th from sixth.

But not against us.

NoNameboys
06-16-2013, 09:37 AM

LoL

I'd rather have this guy. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjNq3BmPAlM&list=PLC393A17E7DFF2971&index=65

jloome
06-16-2013, 10:34 AM
I only wish DeRo would have been a professional about it, He was duped by TFC management and his own Agent. Are you really a TFC supporter, I mean wishing an opponent score 5 aginst you, Thats a bit Turncoat, like isn't it. Ah well I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion. I'll just refer to you as Benedict (Arnold that is)

Plus the game was in DC, at RFK , where there are alwasy thousands of empty seats

ensco
06-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Dero made a mistake but cmon, get over it. He did it very publicly, it was rash.

He acted irrationally when he got screwed over in life. It happens. But it is not the sum total of who he is.

For starters, his MLS career always took a back seat the the CMNT. That cost him. He really may have ended last year playing for Canada. (His little burst of speed looks gone to me, saw him a few weeks ago, not last night).

tfcleeds
06-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Meh, Dero's dead to me. (at least insofar as TFC is concerned). Seems the conversation around here surrounding his departure will never end though. I really don't think he would have made much of a difference in terms of our fortunes the last couple of seasons.