PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Matchday 13: Philadelphia at Toronto, Sat 01 June, 6pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
05-26-2013, 08:40 AM
At least there will be the return of Danny Koevermans.

And RPB Tailgate before the game! (3-5pm)

Philly just came off a doozer of a game vs Montreal, losing 5-3. (Di Vaio hat trick) However, Philly has been doing better on the road, and Jack McInerney is one helluva young star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyCV6_RQFwU

And for those of you made fun of Mariner for wearing shorts... Schallibaum wearing a ball cap on the sidelines

Red CB Toronto
05-26-2013, 09:48 AM
It will be great to see the return of Danny next weekend. I am sure he will come out wanting to do something big in his first game back. With this I see a victory on the back of DK's emotion. Sorry to say this will be the first home game of the season I will be missing.

Daze
05-26-2013, 09:49 AM
We're gonna lose this one too.

gate7
05-26-2013, 09:56 AM
start Frei!!!

bigredone
05-26-2013, 10:16 AM
It will be great to see the return of Danny next weekend. I am sure he will come out wanting to do something big in his first game back. With this I see a victory on the back of DK's emotion. Sorry to say this will be the first home game of the season I will be missing.

I agree with DK taking it easy, but his emotion being enough, not sure.

What worries me is DK over-doing it because of the expectations. So many people are hoping/expecting him to turn things around and patience seems to be lacking for this team these days.

Richard
05-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I am impressed by Montreal, good for them. As for this game, I think we tie at the worst or maybe squeak a win out.

maninb
05-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Sorry but I can't help but feel we'll lose 2-1....giving up the winner with a minute to go......It just feels right.......Gawd this is SOUL CRUSHING.....

notthesun
05-26-2013, 01:06 PM
I just want Danny to score. All I ask.

Also there's a very real possibility we trade Califf to Philly before this game and he ends up playing against us. Who knows, maybe even scores off a corner kick...

Initial B
05-26-2013, 09:10 PM
My take:

If Koevs scores, I think we'll win (more likely, tie).

If Koevs doesn't score, I think we'll lose

T-boy
05-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Remember the start of last season, it took Koev's a good month, a little more, to get fit and into the season. I would really expect the same, if not longer this season. He's gonna take a while to get to the pace of the game.

BuSaPuNk
05-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah I'm not expecting much from this game. Would love a tie but really it's all up to if we can contain Philly and get one either from Earnshaw poaching one or Koevs getting one of the hop.

OgtheDim
05-27-2013, 05:11 AM
I take it there is no reserves game?

tfcleeds
05-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Start Osorio. No Lambe please.

TOBOR !
05-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Sorry but I can't help but feel we'll lose 2-1....giving up the winner with a minute to go......It just feels right.......Gawd this is SOUL CRUSHING.....

^ This

I predict DK scores 1, but we give up 2.

DK then talks to the camera, saying that this current squad would lose 3-0 to the previous squad he once famously named 'Worst in the World'.

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2013, 09:49 AM
I am impressed by Montreal, good for them. As for this game, I think we tie at the worst or maybe squeak a win out.

Both teams looked incredibly dangerous. I hope we snatch a draw.

Pigfynn
05-27-2013, 10:13 AM

This

T-boy
05-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I hope Ryan Nelson has been Montreal's 4th goal there, see what you get with a paced inswinging corner? Wenger didn't need to put much on it to keep the pace of the initial ball in form the corner. Silva's outswinging corner's are useless in comparison!

Ultra & Proud
05-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Remember the start of last season, it took Koev's a good month, a little more, to get fit and into the season. I would really expect the same, if not longer this season. He's gonna take a while to get to the pace of the game.
This time I think he will come around faster. He was massively out of shape last time and this time his rehab seems to have gotten him in good shape.

QBall
05-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Philly might be ahead of us in the standings but they're -5 in goal differential and coming off a loss where they gave up 5, so it looks like their defense may be porous enough to get Earnshaw in. However the same can be said about our own defense. I'm predicting 2-2 tie.

TFC07
05-27-2013, 11:41 AM
I think having a target man like Danny K and speed of Earnshaw is going to cause a lot of problems for Philly's backline. This game could be a start of little winning streak.

3-0 for TFC.

mowe
05-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Koef makes a huge difference whenever he's on the pitch. You could see it last year under Mariner, when DK was healthy that shit team was at least able to get a few results. When he went down, TFC tanked. His movement off the ball and hold up play is much needed on this team.

2-1 TFC.

TFC07
05-27-2013, 01:36 PM

I wish, but I don't know who else will start on the wing besides Osorio. Lambe does enough to get back defensively to help out, but he doesn't offer anything offensively.

I would like to see this line up this Saturday:

-----------Frei----------
Hall---Caldwell---O'Dea---Morgan
----------Laba-----------------
Lambe-----Sliva----------Osorio
--Koeverman----Earnshaw------

Red I
05-27-2013, 02:26 PM
I wish, but I don't know who else will start on the wing besides Osorio. Lambe does enough to get back defensively to help out, but he doesn't offer anything offensively.

I would like to see this line up this Saturday:

-----------Frei----------
Hall---Caldwell---O'Dea---Morgan
----------Laba-----------------
Lambe-----Sliva----------Osorio
--Koeverman----Earnshaw------

Put Convey on the left, Osorio on the right, and the Lambe problem is solved...

Ivy
05-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Koev isn't going to start - I don't think...

ag futbol
To me it's more important that we develop Osorio to the type of player we need at this club rather than simply fill a hole.

A big issue I have with the way that Henry and Morgan were handled by the club is that they were put in an environment where expectations were low and they could do no wrong. They picked up bad habits and a lot of them now have to be unraveled if they are to have successful careers as professional footballers.

I disagree with a lot of what Nelsen has done but he's handled Osorio perfectly. He puts him on the field, and for whatever period that he's out there performance expectations are high. For the most part he's responded too, he puts in good, short shifts. Don't think it's ready for 90 minutes yet but a game or two here and there isn't going to kill him. It's also a little bit less severe to put in a developing mid as opposed to a defender who gets punished for his mistakes more often.

Red I
Put Convey on the left, Osorio on the right, and the Lambe problem is solved...

Or put Brockie out wide too... he tracks back very well

Dreadlocks
05-27-2013, 02:41 PM
I say give Morgan a go at left back but switch to a 3-5-2 to keep Henry in the squad.

-------------------------Bendick--------------------------
---------Henry--------Caldwell----------O'dea
Richter-----Hall-----Laba-------Osario----------Morgan
--------------Silva----------------------------------
-------------------------Earnshaw------------------

If Danny K was match fit, play him instead of Earnshaw. Since he's not, bring him in as a sub for Silva.

We tend to have NO midfield presence so maybe this is the fix?

TFC07
05-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Put Convey on the left, Osorio on the right, and the Lambe problem is solved... Isn't Convey injured?

TFC07
05-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Koev isn't going to start - I don't think...

You're maybe right, but it's important for TFC to score a goal and play with confidence. Right now, it seems this team doesn't have much confidence and since we're at home playing against weak defensive team, it's even more important to get off with a good start. This is why I want/hope TFC starts the game with more offensive minded line up. We can sub off Danny K in 2nd half if he can't play for 90 minutes.

Auzzy
05-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Isn't Convey injured?

I think he has an inflammation in his Achilles, he was kept out of the NE game on plastic as a precaution. Unless something turns for the worse he should be available vs. Philly.

lanarkist
05-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure why Tevez isn't penciled in everyones lineup predictions already... :flare:

Richard
05-28-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/723689_Toronto_FC.jpg

Auzzy
05-28-2013, 12:50 PM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/723689_Toronto_FC.jpg

I don't think this is very realistic.

O'Dea would be playing as the left CB rather than the right CB.

:D

__wowza
05-28-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't think this is very realistic.

O'Dea would be playing as the left CB rather than the right CB.

:D

he put down a king, and then you dropped an ace.

Richard
05-28-2013, 01:28 PM
^ Haha. Yeh one can dream.

mcolvy
05-28-2013, 11:21 PM
-----Kovermans--Earnshaw----
Convey---Hall--Laba---Lambe
Odea---Boss----Caldwell----Richter
-------------Bendik---------------

Give Henry a rest after a midweek game.
Pretty simple.

T-boy
05-29-2013, 10:14 AM
^^^ No Silva?

Ultra & Proud
05-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Convey---Silva--Laba---Brockie
Morgan---O'Dea----Caldwell----Richter

I just can't type in Lambe's name anymore.

Canary10
05-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Convey---Silva--Laba---Brockie
Morgan---O'Dea----Caldwell----Richter

I just can't type in Lambe's name anymore.

I sense you're not really liking Lambe at the moment.

Canary10
05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I really have to wonder if Koevermans will start. Out for a year, and only a reserve game played so far? With that injury? I think it's far more likely he's subbed in later.

Corpand
05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
I sense you're not really liking Lambe at the moment.

Someone likes him atm? He is like Swayze in Ghost.

Ben - D.O.W.
05-29-2013, 10:54 AM
We drop this one 3-1, with Koevs scoring the consolation goal late, after coming on as a second half sub.

gdg_9
05-29-2013, 11:12 AM
----------- Brockie Earnshaw --------
----------------- Silva ------------------
----- Bekker ---------------- Osorio ----
----------------- Laba -------------------
Morgan -- O'Dea -- Caldwell -- Richter

(Koev's comes on in second half for Earnshaw)
(If we somehow get a lead, Hall comes on in second half for Bekker or Silva)

BuSaPuNk
05-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Would rather see Brockie come off for Koevs. See what him and Earnshaw can do together.

Ben - D.O.W.
05-29-2013, 01:16 PM
And Koevs is now out for Saturday - yeah, we're not scoring.

mowe
05-29-2013, 01:25 PM
And Koevs is now out for Saturday - yeah, we're not scoring.

Where did you hear that?

Canary10
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
^ There's a Canadian Press article making the rounds saying he tweaked his other knee. Not serious, but he's doubtful now for Saturday.

Marc"2L"
05-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Where did you hear that?

CP tweet
Koevermans' return Saturday for #TorontoFC in doubt after he tweaks other knee. Said to be minor.

mowe
05-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Man, one of the few reasons to look forward to this game possibly in doubt. This sucks, hope he can play.

spark
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM
^ There's a Canadian Press article making the rounds saying he tweaked his other knee. Not serious, but he's doubtful now for Saturday.

AYE. This is what I've been thinking/saying for a while about him returning so quick - it's super common with ACL/MCL injuries upon return to overcompensate the other leg, thus doing the same thing to the opposite side. Off the top of my head I know Georges St.Pierre did this as did Dominic Cruz.

Hopefully it's minor and just a slight niggle.

Canary10
05-29-2013, 01:45 PM
AYE. This is what I've been thinking/saying for a while about him returning so quick - it's super common with ACL/MCL injuries upon return to overcompensate the other leg, thus doing the same thing to the opposite side. Off the top of my head I know Georges St.Pierre did this as did Dominic Cruz.

Hopefully it's minor and just a slight niggle.

Yeah for sure. Just being mentally confident with going into tackles can be tough. When I wrecked mine it took me a while to believe I could tackle 100% without ruining it again. I'm impressed he's even considered playing with only one reserve game under his belt.

Suds
05-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Man, one of the few reasons to look forward to this game possibly in doubt. This sucks, hope he can play.

There's still one good reason to come on Saturday - TAILGATE!!

RPB Tailgate Info (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34273-RPB-Tailgate-Sat-June-1st-starting-at-3-00-PM&goto=newpost)

I have no shame when is comes to promotion. :)

spark
05-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah for sure. Just being mentally confident with going into tackles can be tough. When I wrecked mine it took me a while to believe I could tackle 100% without ruining it again. I'm impressed he's even considered playing with only one reserve game under his belt.

Just was doing a quick generic search and found this quote from Jamal Crawford that is pretty interstings:

After surgery, you start rehab and start to see some progressions. You get a little more confident as it goes along. And then the last stage is the mental part: 'Can I still do that move? Can I still do that cut?' The actual leg you injure ends up being stronger than the leg that's not injured. But you don't believe that at first. You're scared. You doubt.

Canary10
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Just was doing a quick generic search and found this quote from Jamal Crawford that is pretty interstings:

After surgery, you start rehab and start to see some progressions. You get a little more confident as it goes along. And then the last stage is the mental part: 'Can I still do that move? Can I still do that cut?' The actual leg you injure ends up being stronger than the leg that's not injured. But you don't believe that at first. You're scared. You doubt.

Yup, that was exactly how it was for me. That split second doubt can make a big difference in a game. Can even get you hurt again if you actually shy out. Again, I'm surprised he's doing it with so little real game experience. I'd expect him to get small amounts of minutes at first as his confidence builds.

trane
05-29-2013, 04:15 PM
All I hope to see is Kovermans, as the CF, and Earnshaw at his shoulders, running into space and onto balls. 4-4-1-1. Two holding mids, two wingers.

sidvan
05-29-2013, 05:00 PM
:facepalm: CRAP - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/koevermans-tfc-comeback-delayed-due-to-minor-issue-with-knee/article12229144/

gate7
05-29-2013, 05:40 PM
F-R-E-I !!!! :drum:

*** never-mind I just read the article in the above link***

Auzzy
05-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Koevermans out, O'Dea jet-setting around the world, Frei out, Califf out, Emory out, Braun iffy, Ecks out for much longer.

But we'll be fine, Darel Russel is back.

:facepalm:

jazzy
05-29-2013, 10:34 PM
what exactly do we do for excitement?, ...we need cheer-leaders in skimpy outfits......sorry just loosing my mind wondering where/when I'll actually see a live soccer match thats exciting. Hey world cup is coming...poor TFC. when they have to contend with that. Start Osario.....with Laba....and Brockie by Earnshaw, unfortunayely ....miss DK

boozilla
05-30-2013, 01:01 AM
Saturday 6PM.
Whereas in the past, Guevara or Frings would have got me down to BMO, it's indeed tough to get excited about this one.
If TFC hadn't auto-renewed me at Year One prices, I might feel bad for skipping.
Again.

sidvan
05-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Call me a masochist, but, I will be there cheering on the team. Hope springs eternal that the boys can do something to steal a "W". I just hope that those dreams aren't dashed too early in the match.

Initial B
05-30-2013, 07:36 AM
^ Call me a realist. TFC has no chance of winning this match.

RedsYNWA
05-30-2013, 08:09 AM
^^^ Actually we are the fav's in this match according to the Books @ +130 giving us a 43.4% chance of winning

So if you are so sure we lose put the farm on the underdog Philly

Joe Kool
05-30-2013, 09:19 AM
I have no expectations or hopes for this game really...at least that way I leave kind of happy. Actually the one hope I had was to see Danny K on the field again but that is gone for this one now. I just hope it is not a blowout. My passion for the team has waned as of late. I will be there because I love watching soccer live but I will leave the jersey and scarf at home for now. I want the team to earn me back before the TFC gear comes out again for me. C'mon TFC let's turn it around.

Abou Sky
05-30-2013, 12:17 PM
There's still one good reason to come on Saturday - TAILGATE!!

RPB Tailgate Info (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?34273-RPB-Tailgate-Sat-June-1st-starting-at-3-00-PM&goto=newpost)

I have no shame when is comes to promotion. :)

You missed the three subcategories under there:

Ribs
Ribs
Ribs

Fuck ya!

Red CB Toronto
05-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Everyone should come out and try GlenM's ribs, they are legendary.

BuSaPuNk
05-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Can't wait for ribs. Dam Glen putting photos on Facebook!! Making us wait two more sleeps until ribs!

TFC07
05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Isn't it going to rain all day on Saturday?

Super
05-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Isn't it going to rain all day on Saturday?

Rain and lightning. Tried that more than a few times at BMO. I predict a very sparse crowd. Maybe 1-2000.

Brooker
05-31-2013, 01:32 PM
1,000 people? What!

Super
05-31-2013, 02:40 PM
1,000 people? What!

1-2k if rain + thunderstorm. That's my guess. Maybe a bit higher, but certainly not above 5k. They may announce it as 16k, but that's just counting season ticket holders anyway. Sunshine would probably mean 17-18k or so. That's the cost of having a cheap stadium with no roof.

Dave67
05-31-2013, 03:43 PM
FWIW the Weather Network Hourly forecast says 21, Rain and lightning 4pm - 8pm.

JayMolly
05-31-2013, 05:45 PM

Yea, with match time at 6:00 p.m.!

OgtheDim
05-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Its going to be EPIC!

Rain, thunder lightening, one bad defence and one bad midfield.

Maybe 5K of people there.

Heck, its 1/8 of my half season pack (they should call it a 7/16 season pack after I got my refund for the Canadian cup match) so I've already paid for it and therefore I am DEFINITELY going to go.

Like, seriously, I'm a married guy who has just got back from vacation who's not a real fan of hockey and thinks most TV is crap......what else am I going to do on a Saturday night?
I'm going to show up, look foolish, sing, get wet, watch us play poorly, watch us miss a few chances, hopefully see us score and hopefully see us win. And if it gets put off for bad weather, maybe see them on Sunday morning.

:fluffy::fluffy::fluffy:

Ivy
05-31-2013, 08:41 PM
pouring rain = free refills in my Budweiser cup.

BuSaPuNk
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
^ lol rains probably better tasting too

jazzy
05-31-2013, 09:09 PM

nope just saw rain btwn 12-3 then sun and cloud after......................i'm always right :)...not worried at all now.

gunnerken
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Like, seriously, I'm a married guy who has just got back from spending all day at the hospital, on my birthday, after my daughter broke her ankle in her first soccer game of the season last night. I will be there tomorrow night (even though I do like hockey and I'm still in my pool!) because...

I'm not sure exactly...

oh yeah, in a strange way, TFC is my biggest, oddly entertaining, distraction I have in my life...and one day they might be good.

Just not tomorrow night probably...

I wonder if I can get my $250 back from the OSC?..hmmmm

Morlesio14
06-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Boys I wanna come but I don't want to get soaked, I also dont want a scrappy game of football

burlington Red
06-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Like, seriously, I'm a married guy who has just got back from spending all day at the hospital, on my birthday, after my daughter broke her ankle in her first soccer game of the season last night. I will be there tomorrow night (even though I do like hockey and I'm still in my pool!) because...

I'm not sure exactly...

oh yeah, in a strange way, TFC is my biggest, oddly entertaining, distraction I have in my life...and one day they might be good.

Just not tomorrow night probably...

I wonder if I can get my $250 back from the OSC?..hmmmm

respect mate, I have a similiar story this weekend myself, but not quite that good, cheers lad, TFC

T-boy
06-01-2013, 09:13 AM
It's gonna piss down all evening.

This may actually be the 6th game ever I've missed seeing live! Somebody convince me to actually go?! (and you need to make it a damn good convincing argument!).

smtavare
06-01-2013, 09:20 AM

This may actually be the 6th game ever I've missed seeing live! Somebody convince me to actually go?! (and you need to make it a damn good convincing argument!).

How about:

Part-Time Suppor-Ter clap-clap-clap....will that work:hurray::hurray::hurray:

backbeat
06-01-2013, 09:41 AM

Rain on a warm day stops you?? :confused:

Pint
06-01-2013, 09:46 AM

Do you have anything better to do than:

- drink beer
- sing with your fellow supporters
- chirp Connor Casey
- most importantly see DK score the winning goal in the 83rd minute
?????

It's raining
It's pouring
F*ck it
were scoring

Suds
06-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Beer can get you through anything!! Even rain and poorly played footy. :drinking:

Besides, checking the radar maps about 5 minustes ago it seems the heavier rain is not really supposed to his T.O. until ~8PM

T-boy
06-01-2013, 10:35 AM
You're doing good work guys! I'm not worried about the rain, its the lightning! Last time I went to a match in a thunderstorm (I always ride my bike to games) I had to ride through what felt like a warzone of thunder and lightning, haha! It's f-ing beautiful in downtown right now tho, so if this doesn't change too much, I'll be there!

OgtheDim
06-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Latest forecast is rain most likely after 8. :fluffy::fluffy::fluffy:

notthesun
06-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Starting 11: Bendik, Richter, Caldwell, Henry, O'Dea, Osorio, Hall, Laba, Convey, Silva, Earnshaw

Bench: Roberts, Boss, Russell, Morgan, Lambe, Brockie, Koevermans

Is Frei injured, "injured", or are we just straight up pushing him out of the team now?

Anyways, biggest weakness right now is our fullbacks. Thank god Lambe is finally dropped though, I'd much rather have Osorio out there even if he is out of position.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Neither Califf OR Frei in the squad. Surely they are being traded, aren't they? I would say definitely Califf, probably this weekend, and wouldn't be surprised if Frei is involved in a 2 players for 1 transfer, or international slot and player for Califf and Frei.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Dunfield being fit and not in the subs is a bit of a surprise as well.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I didn't like O'Dea hoofing that ball, but what an effort to earn that corner

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Why is the Philly GK wearing red? The whole time the red player was down injured I was trying to figure out who that TFC player was ...

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Ughhhh Silva you gotta shoot that bud. He was in two minds there.

Decent start anyways, Philly doesn't seem to be in it right now, they're letting us play.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Oh Silva... lacking confidence to make a decision

SirBobSaget
The best opening 10mins for TFC all season!!!

[NBF]
Ive been saying it for about 4 games now, 4-4-2 will generally result in a loss for TFC.

Especially with Hall, Osorio, Richter and Henry all on the right side. Im calling it game over from the first goal by the Union, 5-1 final after 90.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:20 PM
No Lambe pays off huge dividends already

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Starting to get that "these missed chances are going to come back to haunt us" feeling. C'mon boys, put one away.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Starting to get that "these missed chances are going to come back to haunt us" feeling. C'mon boys, put one away.

Yep Union are sleeping right now, hit them now, dont wait until they wake up.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:26 PM
a bit of break for TFC. Daniel in, Kleberson out

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 05:26 PM
First home game I'm missing in a few seasons because I'm back in England right now but watching this one online. Silva should have done much better with that early chance (why did he try and cut inside?!), but you've got to say there's been some pretty neat passing in the middle of the park so far.

ginkster88
06-01-2013, 05:27 PM
;1588342']Ive been saying it for about 4 games now, 4-4-2 will generally result in a loss for TFC.

Especially with Hall, Osorio, Richter and Henry all on the right side. Im calling it game over from the first goal by the Union, 5-1 final after 90.

Well that's just ridiculous.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Osorio and Convey both showing themselves to be upgrades over Ephraim and Lambe already.

Richter can't cross. He literally can't. I've never seen him put in a single good ball, he must be 0/30 by now.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Osorio and Convey both showing themselves to be upgrades over Ephraim and Lambe already.

Richter can't cross. He literally can't. I've never seen him put in a single good ball, he must be 0/30 by now.

Absolutely, on both points. Now if only we can find an upgrade for Silva.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:30 PM
who is this TFC team that can actually pass the ball?

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Le Toux hits the cross bar out of nothing

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:32 PM
who is this TFC team that can actually pass the ball?

Amazing what happens with wingers who both move into space and not waste every ball, huh?

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Earnie's passing has been pretty poor so far though.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 05:35 PM
The sooner Richter returns to the bench the better. Osorio keeps sending him off with some great play but Richter kills the momentum.

[NBF]
06-01-2013, 05:37 PM
American referee would have given mcmath a yellow and henry a red.lol

valeo
06-01-2013, 05:42 PM
You guys have had great possession but no one is having a shot - trying to walk it in. If Brockie was on you would've had a few on target by now.

Earnshaw looks horrible.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 05:42 PM
I want to see some tries at the goal. Earnshaw is gun shy all of a sudden

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:43 PM
O'Dea is very aggressive pushing up as LB

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Where the heck was this kind of passing football all year?

notthesun
Can we stop hitting corners directly into the six yard box? And standing static inside it? Get 1 guy blocking the goalie in the six, the rest should be making runs from the penalty spot or the 18.

SirBobSaget
Convey's corner delivery 100x better than Silva's. Some actual attack being generated off of them.

AlanO
Convey and Osorio have been waaaay more effective than Ephraim and Bostock ever were on the wings.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Osorio has been fantastic so far. Laba is a smart player too which is showing today. Hoping Brockie for Silva at half time.

Henry is a lucky boy to not receive a second yellow there to be fair..

Edit: What the fuck...

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Some refs would've given Henry a second yellow for that. Lucky boy.

edit: welp. I don't understand why the ref takes 5 minutes to make that decision but there you go.

valeo
You need to take advantage of this possession - guaranteed to be sucker punched at this stage.

No final ball at all when you get close - need to be more ruthless.

Stupid challenge.

SirBobSaget
I dont have confidence in Doneil not getting a 2nd yellow ... candidate for half time sub

Corpand
You guys have had great possession but no one is having a shot - trying to walk it in. If Brockie was on you would've had a few on target by now.

Earnshaw looks horrible.

Absolutely true. We need a big guy up front, Koev or Brockie. Someone opportunistic. Earnshaw is overplaying it, lack of confidence to have a go.

PopePouri
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Well that's that. Next game.

tfcleeds
I dont have confidence in Doneil not getting a 2nd yellow ... candidate for half time sub

Too bad we weren't able to reach the half...:(

[NBF]
Henry is off. Greeeaat! 5-1 prediction coming true. The team is not worth it. There's a serious lack of concentration and experience, both on the coaching and player side.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 05:53 PM
and like I said, Doneil Henry cost TFC something every game...

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Why the fuck did it take the ref a week to show that second yellow?!

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Just when i was regretting eating my ticket and staying home ... TFC determined to not allow any Joy to their devoted supporters.

valeo
06-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Youre lucky Philadelphia look really bad. Think you still have a shot.

[NBF]
hahahahaha Hall with a shot on goal.

SirBobSaget
Henry needs to sit until he figures out how to not make rash useless challenges.

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Hopefully someone can goad Carroll into getting a 2nd yellow now.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Time and time and time again Henry shows his inexperience. He needs a loan, he's not cut out for MLS yet. Remind me what Boss did to get dropped from this team?

Califf must be having a laugh right now.

[NBF]
06-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Nelsen needs to be shown a red card. He bitches too much.

Where's a stray black cat when you need a laugh?

http://data.whicdn.com/images/22455067/amazing-awesome-black-black-cat-cat-Favim.com-291158_large.gif

ginkster88
06-01-2013, 06:04 PM
5-1 is still a ludicrous prediction.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:04 PM
So does Danny K come on to run his pants off as the lone striker?

Perfect gameplan set for Danny K 60min intro as TFC dominating all aspects of the game but just needing that final 3rd finisher. But all blown now. TFC will be aiming for the tie even though this game was looking like a sure 3pts by the opening 10.

Union now one man up will be motivated to attack, TFC will sit back with their joyous long ball.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I thought that was mostly the best half of football from TFC this season. Good possession, good closing down and winning the ball back very quickly whenever Philly had it.

I don't blame Henry for the second yellow - he HAD to make a challenge. But his inexperience is in getting that first yellow, which was totally pointless. He needed to take himself out of that situation not get goaded by the goally.

Big problem is still creating a chance. Seems like every time TFC get anywhere near the penalty area, they don't have a clue what to do! Nice play up until the pentalty area, horrible after!

Osorio is find of the season, excellent first half.

Morlesio14
06-01-2013, 06:06 PM
5-1 is still a ludicrous prediction.

5-1 for us, great positivity!!!! :D

[NBF]
06-01-2013, 06:06 PM
CWNT vs USA, I have a feeling it will be 1-0 result for the Americans.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Henry needs to sit until he figures out how to not make rash useless challenges.

I don't think it was rash, It was needed in that situation. He stopped a goal scoring possibility. If he wasn't already on a yellow, it would be a perfectly "good" yellow card to get. The first yellow was the stupid one!

ginkster88
06-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Agreed on the second yellow. He did make the bad clearance that led to the chance though.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't think it was rash, It was needed in that situation. He stopped a goal scoring possibility. If he wasn't already on a yellow, it would be a perfectly "good" yellow card to get. The first yellow was the stupid one!

Seeing the replay Henry was beat and had no chance at the ball. Cruz was going to be stepped into by Caldwell. I mean ya if not on a yellow go nuts. If its the 85th minute go nuts. First half?????

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Good for Morgan. Do something with this opportunity please

notthesun
06-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Morgan for Silva is a positive move? Okay Jason.

AlanO
06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Le Toux is such a knob

tfc2008
06-01-2013, 06:18 PM
This is our house it is more a dead house no atmosfeer

C.Barrett19
06-01-2013, 06:24 PM
any links please?

AlanO
06-01-2013, 06:25 PM
any links please?

It's on MLS Live if you have an account. If not, have a look at www.thefirstrow.eu

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/189502/2/watch-philadelphia-union-vs-toronto-fc.html

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Danny K on for Richter. Come on just go for it

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Brockie warming up. For Earnshaw? Been pretty quiet today.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Have another doughnut Casey.

Yohan
06-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Brockie for Earnshaw. I like this sub

AlanO
06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Convey's set piece deliveries are a breath of fresh air.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Osorio just amazing.

tfcleeds
Yess!!!!! Osorio! Nice finish.

AlanO
That was outstanding!

notthesun
Osorioooooooooo

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Is it any wonder we've looked better today without Lambe?

Yohan
please don't fuck this up

Blakfish
Phenomenal run and cross from Brockie. Credit to Hall for finding the pass, and Osorio with a cracking header. Osorio has been man of the match so far no question. Great goal.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Convey looking tired before the goal. Maybe Danny K in to hold up the ball and Brockie over to the left wing

Morlesio14
06-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Macmath's face looks so fried blem

valeo
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Brockie has made a huge difference offensively but you guys have kept possession and defended well so far. First full TFC game i've watched so far.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Morgan making a statement denfensively since coming on.

Corpand
06-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Crunch-fucking-time.

I really think Brockie should of started, he is ideal for being by himself up top. Ernie needs service.

Yohan
Morgan making a statement denfensively since coming on.
that's good. he got the message. and says Nelsen knows something about managing players. you sit players that don't perform

Yohan
Crunch-fucking-time.

I really think Brockie should of started, he is ideal for being by himself up top. Ernie needs service.
I think the plan was to play Brockie with Earnshaw in 2nd half, except Henry screwed that up

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I think the plan was to play Brockie with Earnshaw in 2nd half, except Henry screwed that up
For sure, but I think Brockie deserves a start going forward. Who knows what will happen with Koevs (nearly) back, but Brockie has looked useful since coming on.

tfc2008
06-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Oooooooo Danny Koevermanssss Koevermans Koevermans Koevermanssssss

AlanO
Welcome back Danny!!!

tfcleeds
Yeah Koevs!!! Welcome back.

valeo
Brockie is having a nice holiday - only has to play half a half!

Yohan
06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
weird sub. as much as I love seeing Danny K back, I'd have subbed Convey for Danny K

Soccer-Ts
06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
This is really the WRONG time to bring on a goal poacher like Danny K. Great to see him back but . . . we're down a man clinging to a one goal lead so figure it out . . .

Morlesio14
06-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Gaddis looks like the hunchback of ugly dame

valeo
06-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Lost your shape since Brockie went off.

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Knew that was going to happen. No surprise. Sigh.

Corpand
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Is this real life?

Soccer-Ts
06-01-2013, 07:01 PM
lol -

notthesun
Every. Single. Time.

SirBobSaget
If Hall doen't touch that its dealt easily by 3 red shirts. Oh well obviuosly gotta screw us fans over from any joy. Union were all game for giving the game away but TFC having none of that business.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 07:03 PM
As nice as it is to see Koevermans back, such a needless sub. 10 men, 1-0 up, with a history of conceding in the last few fucking minutes. Urgh. This fucking team.

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Morgan not happy with the draw looking to give Philly the full 3 ...

adam1001
06-01-2013, 07:04 PM
I agree. Completely pointless

As nice as it is to see Koevermans back, such a needless sub. 10 men, 1-0 up, with a history of conceding in the last few fucking minutes. Urgh. This fucking team.

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Doesn't matter if Koevs come on or not - this was destined to happen.

SirBobSaget
I agree. Completely pointless

Sub was made by the PR department. They ghave been running the team into the ground since day 1

Corpand

It's like this franchise loves the drama but hates the results. This was a huge decision, absolutely pointless. Absolutely. Convey is gassed, sub him. Hall is gassed, sub him. Don't sub the second half sub....fucking retarded. Not soccer but feels like a soap opera.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Not pointless. Nelson clearly brought Koev's on to try and get the crowd and the team going. It was a good idea, nothing wrong with bringing Koev's on.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 07:07 PM
We're not going to start saying the Koevermans sub had anything to do with giving up the goal, right? Good.

We have no confidence, it's that simple. A team with confidence would be holding the ball and still attacking in the last 10 minutes, not bunkering in our box. That's the issue.

AlanO
Bringing in Koevs had nothing to do with the goal.

It was a bad clearance (again), a whole lot of ball watching (again), and leaving a striker wide open (again) on a set piece (again).

Oldtimer
Not pointless. Nelson clearly brought Koev's on to try and get the crowd and the team going. It was a good idea, nothing wrong with bringing Koev's on.

Somebody gets it.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Bringing on a striker in the 87th minute when you're 1-0 up with 10 men is absolutely ludicrous regardless of who you're bringing on. Does Koevermans have any defensive qualities? Very little. Absolutely absurd PR substitution.

SirBobSaget
It's like this franchise loves the drama but hates the results. This was a huge decision, absolutely pointless. Absolutely. Convey is gassed, sub him. Hall is gassed, sub him. Don't sub the second half sub....fucking retarded. Not soccer but feels like a soap opera.

Exactly it was obvious to even me that Convey was gassed before the goal. He hasn't played 90mins in a while and was actually sticking his tongue out on a close up. Thats traditional cartoon version of showing fatigue!!!!

But subbing out the most lively and energetic player instead? good lord what a mess.

Corpand

Are you hearing yourself? This "standing ovation" stoppage was terrible. It slowed us down, gave philly some time to rest. We lost midfield shape with Brockie off, I think someone mentioned earlier. The second you put on a slow poacher who's last real game was a YEAR ago, this will only give PHILLY confidence to attack.

They know the threat is diminished up top so they pushed harder, letting a corner (and goal) happen.

ag futbol
06-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Osorio, we have something here ....

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Bringing on a striker in the 87th minute when you're 1-0 up with 10 men is absolutely ludicrous regardless of who you're bringing on. Does Koevermans have any defensive qualities? Very little. Absolutely absurd PR substitution.

Respectfully, I totally disagree. Bring Koev's on gets a reaction form the crowd, and then the players react to that extra noise. You don't want to bring off anybody but Brockie as you don't want to change your team shape. Bringing Koev's on was meant to lift everyone.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Worked wonders!

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Are you hearing yourself? This "standing ovation" stoppage was terrible. It slowed us down, gave philly some time to rest. We lost midfield shape with Brockie off, I think someone mentioned earlier. The second you put on a slow poacher who's last real game was a YEAR ago, this will only give PHILLY confidence to attack.

They know the threat is diminished up top so they pushed harder, letting a corner (and goal) happen.

How do we lose midfield shape with Brockie off?????? Brockie is playing up front, not midfield!

SirBobSaget
Respectfully, I totally disagree. Bring Koev's on gets a reaction form the crowd, and then the players react to that extra noise. You don't want to bring off anybody but Brockie as you don't want to change your team shape. Bringing Koev's on was meant to lift everyone.

Those are all nice hypotheticals. Result was another blown lead. Reality > ideas

FluSH
There is a curse... A jinx... 100% guarantee of this!

Could it be the curse of DeRo? For the way we treated our hometown best?

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Worked wonders!

I see nothing wrong with it. If you are all saying that changing Brockie for Koev's led to the equalising goal, I think you are wrong!

nonc
06-01-2013, 07:12 PM
What a dumb header by Hall. Then he almost gave them the win by punting out a horrible cross for a goal kick. Convey's work rate was exceptional. Brockie should be starting over Earnshaw..you know, that guy we're probably going to resign for near-DP money. Comedy!

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Getting to the point where why do we even bother playing past 89 mins.? Just give the opposing team a goal and have done with it.

notthesun
LOL give me a break you guys. The sub had nothing to do with the goal. Nothing.

Nothing.

FluSH
I see nothing wrong with it. If you are all saying that changing Brockie for Koev's led to the equalising goal, I think you are wrong!

Laba should've been taken out... And Koev's in... We needed as many fresh legs as possible, however we are still cursed

SirBobSaget
06-01-2013, 07:14 PM
My betting account has been completely cleared out hanks to TFC. 3 years of making gains via unattached logical wagering blown by backing TFC emotionally over the last 10 games

This team will break your heart and clear our your accounts folks

Corpand
06-01-2013, 07:15 PM
How do we lose midfield shape with Brockie off?????? Brockie is playing up front, not midfield!

Brockie dropped back quite alot after the goal, holding the ball up on numerous occasions. Allows our players to actually move into space. I don't hate Koev, they could of brought on Dichio's son and it would not matter.

At the circumstances, at the time, with the lead and 10 men, you substitute a midfielder or wide player to keep pressure on opponents and fresh legs. You want to give the fucking crowd a boost 10 mins from game while the players, the actual people who win games (who have never really played with Danny outside training) are shaking in their fucking legs.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 07:15 PM
This is not what I'm saying and I'm pretty sure you can see that, surely. What I'm saying is bringing on a striker when you're 1-0 up with 3 minutes left on the clock and down to 10 men is ridiculous. I totally understand you when you're saying it was meant to evoke a reaction from the crowd (which it did), and perhaps lift the players (which it certainly didn't - this is a team who have consistently shown they do not have the physical ability to play for a full 90 minutes), but in reality, all it did was slow our momentum down. In theory I can totally see why this was done, I "get it" as someone else so eloquently put it previously, but when you're trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead with 10 men, sticking on a striker is bonkers.

Eastend
06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Crazy, just fucking crazy.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:17 PM
LOL give me a break you guys. The sub had nothing to do with the goal. Nothing.

Nothing.

Thanks for the backing man.

The goal wasn't even down to the "90th minute complex" today. TFC had done EXTREMELY well to be a goal in front going into the last minutes seeing as they were a man down for over half the game. A draw is a good result against a very good road team, and being a man down.

People are gonna be pissed at the last minute concede, but I'd say that was a very good effort by TFC today. A draw is a good result in this one with the red card on 41 minutes.

FluSH
06-01-2013, 07:18 PM
My betting account has been completely cleared out hanks to TFC. 3 years of making gains via unattached logical wagering blown by backing TFC emotionally over the last 10 games

LMAO

adam1001
06-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Lol I blame the BMO cat. I also miss Dero. Sigh :(

There is a curse... A jinx... 100% guarantee of this!

Could it be the curse of DeRo? For the way we treated our hometown best?

OgtheDim
06-01-2013, 07:19 PM
This is our house it is more a dead house no atmosfeer

You were mistaken.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:20 PM
This is not what I'm saying and I'm pretty sure you can see that, surely. What I'm saying is bringing on a striker when you're 1-0 up with 3 minutes left on the clock and down to 10 men is ridiculous. I totally understand you when you're saying it was meant to evoke a reaction from the crowd (which it did), and perhaps lift the players (which it certainly didn't - this is a team who have consistently shown they do not have the physical ability to play for a full 90 minutes), but in reality, all it did was slow our momentum down. In theory I can totally see why this was done, I "get it" as someone else so eloquently put it previously, but when you're trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead with 10 men, sticking on a striker is bonkers.

I understand but I also see why Nelson put Koev's on. I'm not saying he put him on for all footballing reasons. I'm sure Nelson thought "3 minutes left, get Koev's on, get loud crowd buzz, gets the rest of the players motivated". If I was in Nelsons shoes, I would have done the exact same thing!

Marc"2L"
06-01-2013, 07:20 PM

never bet your team.

If you're being rational about it and trying to make gains why do it on the drunk uncle asking for 5000$ because this time his real estate plan is solid. There's nothing wrong with doing it, but you know that money is never coming back...

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 07:21 PM
5 goals allowed in stoppage time, and we still aren't halfway through the season yet. Surely, that has got to be some kind of record? Some teams go through entire seasons without allowing a single stoppage time goal. It really just defies belief.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 07:22 PM
I understand but I also see why Nelson put Koev's on. I'm not saying he put him on for all footballing reasons. I'm sure Nelson thought "3 minutes left, get Koev's on, get loud crowd buzz, gets the rest of the players motivated". If I was in Nelsons shoes, I would have done the exact same thing!
Totally agree - if we were 2, maybe 3 up. I think it was a poor decision at 1-0 with 10 men.
We'll agree to disagree on this one.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:24 PM
In the end of the day, TFC HAVE to start making goal scoring opportunities. Again, other than the goal, they didn't really create anything. Ok, the red card is unfortunate and puts you on the back foot, but even before then TFC really struggled to make any chances. If you always go into the final minutes 1 goal in the lead, you are always asking for problems and pressure on your defense. Somehow Nelson HAS to get this team going forward with conviction and creating opportunities. This isn't about the defense, this is about "best form of defense is attack". Today TFC still lacked any creativity, even with 11 men on the field.

Corpand
06-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Koev is not directly responsible for the goal. It was very noticeable that we were holding our momentum well as the 80th min was creeping in. Magically, BOOM we get a random spurt of this "confidence" you say with the sub. Koev gets about 5 touches total (and 2-3 headers). This would actually work against the team. It's like changing the channel to watch a Family Guy episode while downtown Toronto is burning on the evening news. Players "change" the channel and don't feel as responsible anymore due to the "presence" of Koevs. Our players took the passive way out once Koev came on.

False sense of security. They think they magically become stronger once he is on (and the crowd is behind him). Philly senses that, starts lobbing balls into the box. Corner. Goal.

This team is ridiculous. Enjoying first half. Miserable second.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Totally agree - if we were 2, maybe 3 up. I think it was a poor decision at 1-0 with 10 men.
We'll agree to disagree on this one.

For sure and agreed (to disagree :) ).

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:27 PM

That just comes down to the red card. I never expect TFC to come out in the second half with the same conviction as the first. Mind you, there were times in the second half that TFC still played well, probably better than they should with ten men for so long!

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 07:30 PM
The really unfortunate thing is Philly offered absolutely nothing this game. Before their goal, that is. But that seems to be par for the course with this club, allowing clubs who have no business leaving BMO with a point to get away with one (or three).

69Chevy396
06-01-2013, 07:30 PM
5 goals allowed in stoppage time, and we still aren't halfway through the season yet. Surely, that has got to be some kind of record? Some teams go through entire seasons without allowing a single stoppage time goal. It really just defies belief.
When you are one of the worst pro clubs in the world, and likely the worst team in MLS history, what we are witnessing is perfectly normal.

Marc"2L"
06-01-2013, 07:32 PM
It wasn't that bad, when we were out to 10 everybody thought this was over.
Take the good with the bad.

Nelly can motivate but made a sub that probably should have gone differently.

Rookie coach mistake, they happen. I'm sure he learned something tonight.

flatpicker
I applaud Toronto's effort today.
They played hard all game.
Getting a draw when down a man for more than half the match?
That gets a thumbs up from me.
One of the best games they've played all year.

The Koev sub did nothing to cause the tying goal.

Corpand
I liked Henry's play before the sending off. Got to every header. Typical teenager temper tantrum. He is not known for lashing out so it's fixable.
Caldwell, very good signing. Knows to stick his head where the sun don't shine to protect the team.
Osorio is a beast. Best young player on our team. Has a head on his shoulders.

A draw is better than a loss. Felt like a loss though. T-Boy, I see your side of it but you must be delusional to not see that the Koev sub brought some negativity. When players fall down to burn time or slow momentum down, it's for the benefit of one team and detriment to that one who had momentum.

We had momentum (Bendik was playing with his balls all game, little danger). Momentum shifted when Koev was brought on. Physically visible on the field. Such a shame.

Dave67
06-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Disagree. Horrible sub. Not blaming Koev's in any way shape or form for the goal, but bringing on a striker when you are down to 10 men at the end of a game you are winning makes no sense to me at all. Emotional boost? I don't see it. It was great to see him back on the pitch but that wasn't the time to do it.

OgtheDim
06-01-2013, 07:33 PM
After a sending off, would take a point. And did, thanks to a proud home town boy. Yes the goal sucked and there is an issue there. But, playing one down, we looked pretty good.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Koev is not directly responsible for the goal. It was very noticeable that we were holding our momentum well as the 80th min was creeping in. Magically, BOOM we get a random spurt of this "confidence" you say with the sub. Koev gets about 5 touches total (and 2-3 headers). This would actually work against the team. It's like changing the channel to watch a Family Guy episode while downtown Toronto is burning on the evening news. Players "change" the channel and don't feel as responsible anymore due to the "presence" of Koevs. Our players took the passive way out once Koev came on.

False sense of security. They think they magically become stronger once he is on (and the crowd is behind him). Philly senses that, starts lobbing balls into the box. Corner. Goal.

Talk about reading too much into something, Christ. False sense of security? You think this team, up a goal in the last ten minutes, had a sense of security? What are you on about?

They got nervous and bunkered. Same thing as every other time. It doesn't matter who's on the field.

nonc
06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
It wasn't that bad, when we were out to 10 everybody thought this was over

yup, i'll give them that. showed good resolve in the 2nd half. koev sub is a non issue, i would have left him on the bench but it had nothing to do with the goal. hall's flick was bad, that simple.

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 07:39 PM
They got nervous and bunkered. Same thing as every other time. It doesn't matter who's on the field.

Agreed. People can talk about a momentum shift all they want (and hey, maybe there was) but it wouldn't have mattered who was on the field. With 5 mins. to go, this team resorted to the same response we've seen all season.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Switching to something that actually matters...

I said earlier those missed chances were gonna come back to bite us, and they did. Our only win this year was against SKC when we scored two goals. With our confidence issues, we need a two goal lead. Silva had one great one and another decent one. So many crosses gone to waste (looking at you, Richter).

1 goal is just not enough. We gotta start getting multiple goals a game regularly. We can start closing out those games first, get a bit of confidence, and maybe we'll finally win some 1 goal games ourselves instead of always being on the losing end.

Keep Lambe on the bench next game. I'd go with the exact same midfield. Give Brockie a start over Earnshaw, maybe even go Brockie-Koevermans.

Leedsoronto
06-01-2013, 07:45 PM

Don't forget the provider, Brockie. We have a starting up front pair. Leave Ern a lot shaw on the bench for a game or two and lets see some more younger, hungryer talent like Osorio up front.

For 85-86 mins we was the better team. The win is close, very close.

notthesun
06-01-2013, 07:48 PM

If he keeps this up he should be in the Rookie of the Year conversation.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:48 PM
yup, i'll give them that. showed good resolve in the 2nd half. koev sub is a non issue, i would have left him on the bench but it had nothing to do with the goal. hall's flick was bad, that simple.

I wouldn't blame Hall. He was stretching for the ball. If he HADEN'T tried to head it, he would be an aweful footballer! When the ball is played into the box like that, and defender HAS to go for it. He reached, just got it, and it flocked on. But nobody was looking at McInerney. That's where the problem lies, not with Hall.

T-boy
06-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Don't forget the provider, Brockie. We have a starting up front pair. Leave Ern a lot shaw on the bench for a game or two and lets see some more younger, hungryer talent like Osorio up front.

I agree on this one. Several good points from today.

Osario is a beast, what a find! Best player on the field today, and at 19? Man, he's got a future. He makes Silva look like an amateur!

And we can debate whether Koev's should have been brought on all day, but Koev's getting some time for the first time in 10 months is worth its weight in gold. Great for him, and great for the club.

Laba was also strong today, nothing spectacular, but good on the ball, some great vision one touch passes. One long pass to Earnshaw to set him free was great. We still need more width to benefit from Laba's first touch passes though.

Honestly, this elusive win is VERY close at this moment, very close. If Henry didn't get that stupid first yellow, this game was in the bag today. Honestly, if an oponent goally goads you, just fucking walk away! Don't get involved Henry, that's silly! Sure, take a yellow in an important position, but a clash with a goally after a pointless play, no Henry, WALK AWAY!

billyfly
06-01-2013, 07:53 PM
What can one say that has not been said before.

reggie
06-01-2013, 07:54 PM

yes sit ern alot shaw...he needs some more time off afterall he really is enjoying his holiday here.

Globetrotter
06-01-2013, 07:55 PM
This is really the WRONG time to bring on a goal poacher like Danny K. Great to see him back but . . . we're down a man clinging to a one goal lead so figure it out . . .

I don't know if you've watched any TFC games this year, but a quick recap would show that they have a record setting capacity at blowing games. They've shown in every game that they can not get a clean sheet, and do not know how to finish out a game. They pull back and defend... but they are terrible at defending.

Putting in a poacher to give them more than a single goal cushion can help. It's harder to blow 2-0 than it is 1-0. If Philly is moving everyone up to get a tying goal, a poacher like Koev can clean house at a time like that.

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Also please don't make a habit of singing that Rob Ford chant. It's really bad.

nonc
06-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't blame Hall. He was stretching for the ball. If he HADEN'T tried to head it, he would be an aweful footballer! When the ball is played into the box like that, and defender HAS to go for it. He reached, just got it, and it flocked on. But nobody was looking at McInerney. That's where the problem lies, not with Hall.

That's way too apologist as far as Hall goes. If you're in a good enough position to get your head on the ball first like he did there's no reason to have it end up flicking on. That's exactly what Union players were trying to do. ANYTHING but a flick on. Certainly McInerney left alone was an oversight by Morgan/Osorio though.

flamehawk
06-01-2013, 08:17 PM

What was the chant?

FluSH
06-01-2013, 08:21 PM

oooh no... No politics in chants unless its a funny chant lol

Blakfish
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
What was the chant?
Something like "we fight, we attack, our mayor smokes crack".
Maybe I'm just not used to North American style sports chants, but this one just makes me shake my head and it's not really that funny.

FluSH
06-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Lol I blame the BMO cat. I also miss Dero. Sigh :(

It's the black cat!!! That passed by our goal net!

tfcleeds
06-01-2013, 08:23 PM
^Was trying to figure out what that was! Didn't sound like people were chanting the "I'm blind, I'm deaf..." chant.

Connon_1991
06-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Jonathan Osorio is a very good player... The only youth prospect in the first team that has a real future the rest are a waste of space.(When i say youth i mean between the age of 19-23)

billyfly
06-01-2013, 08:29 PM
I thought the chant was funny.

pdogg
06-01-2013, 08:38 PM
So.. We're down by a man for over 50 minutes,and conceded late in the game? Isn't that what is supposed to happen to a team of 10 as they get worn down? Just finished watching the Red Bulls game and they had a red in the 75th and were scored on in the 83rd, losing the game at home as well. That's a much better team then us.

i know we haven't played well lately, but to walk out of this with a point is a positive, given the circumstances.