PDA

View Full Version : Nelsen praises Osorio's development

jloome
05-22-2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/22/toronto-fc-rookie-jonathan-osorio-believes-he-deserves-canadian-national-tea

Initial B
05-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, that's great and all, but if he's so good then why isn't Nelsen giving Osorio more minutes?

Greatest Ripoff
05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, that's great and all, but if he's so good then why isn't Nelsen giving Osorio more minutes?

You don't develop young players by running them out for 90 minutes each week on a losing team.

PopePouri
05-22-2013, 06:44 PM
“I was very surprised when he didn’t get a call-up to the last camp," said TFC head coach Ryan Nelsen. "I would have thought that Earl Cochrane, our director of team and player operations, who also sits on the board of directors for the Canadian Soccer Association, would have been shouting out his name, because he has been really impressive.

I'm not surprised at all.

__wowza
05-23-2013, 07:44 AM
You don't develop young players by running them out for 90 minutes each week on a losing team.

^ this.

the candiens brought up carey price too early, and they crashed outt've the playoffs because of it. there was a lot of media attention on him and all you heard was how much faith the organization had. that was in 2008. it took him nearly half of the next season to regain his composure.

part of developing a player is knowing exactly when to use them, and when they're ready.

Yohan
05-23-2013, 07:47 AM
^ this.

the candiens brought up carey price too early, and they crashed outt've the playoffs because of it. there was a lot of media attention on him and all you heard was how much faith the organization had. that was in 2008. it took him nearly half of the next season to regain his composure.

part of developing a player is knowing exactly when to use them, and when they're ready.
or more relevant to TFC, John Bostock...

C.Ronaldo
05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
or more relevant to TFC, John Bostock...

one hates to say it, but bostock just doesnt have the brain for the game. Just like some kids may fly through highschool then burn in university. Not everyones brains operate in the same way. Just as some kids are forced to be Doctors but probably could have been highly succesful plumbers; john bostock may have been shoved down a path of soccer when perhaps should have been a plumber.

Bostock the plumber

Yohan
05-23-2013, 09:28 AM
one hates to say it, but bostock just doesnt have the brain for the game. Just like some kids may fly through highschool then burn in university. Not everyones brains operate in the same way. Just as some kids are forced to be Doctors but probably could have been highly succesful plumbers; john bostock may have been shoved down a path of soccer when perhaps should have been a plumber.

Bostock the plumber
Bostock is not a winger, which is the position he is forced to play for first team at Toronto

C.Ronaldo
05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Bostock is not a winger, which is the position he is forced to play for first team at Toronto

ever the optimist. For his sake, I hope you are correct.

Red I
05-23-2013, 11:06 AM

I wonder... has this question ever been asked to Nelsen and O'Leary as to why, when the team is lacking "creativity", Bostock has at least not been looked at in the centre of midfield? Because i think this is baffling most of us...

Yohan
05-23-2013, 11:12 AM
I wonder... has this question ever been asked to Nelsen and O'Leary as to why, when the team is lacking "creativity", Bostock has at least not been looked at in the centre of midfield? Because i think this is baffling most of us...
he apparently played as CM on the reserve game

Oldtimer
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM
he apparently played as CM on the reserve game

Did he impress?

Greatest Ripoff
05-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Did he impress?

He was better than being played out wide but when I watch Bostock play I feel like he doesn't really give a shit about playing here and it shows in his performances.

C.Ronaldo
05-23-2013, 12:15 PM
He was better than being played out wide but when I watch Bostock play I feel like he doesn't really give a shit about playing here and it shows in his performances.

and I dont get the sense that Nelson has the patience for laziness. Probably wouldnt even sit him down and have a chat.

This goes back to him not having the soccer brain attitude, a real teacher loves teaching no matter where she/he is or what she/he is being paid, the same has to be for soccer.
You have to love playing the game, whether it be a game of pick up, a reserve game , or in the EPL

jloome
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
and I dont get the sense that Nelson has the patience for laziness. Probably wouldnt even sit him down and have a chat.

This goes back to him not having the soccer brain attitude, a real teacher loves teaching no matter where she/he is or what she/he is being paid, the same has to be for soccer.
You have to love playing the game, whether it be a game of pick up, a reserve game , or in the EPL

Adults have treated him like a multi-million-dollar financial commodity since he was 15 years old. He's probably a bit numb right now to it.

Abou Sky
05-23-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm not surprised at all.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Why are you not surprised?