PDA

View Full Version : TFC and Pioneer Gas Promo

ElvistheEvilScotsman
05-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Did anyone else get that big envelope in the mail from TFC today?

My initial thought was that it would be a glossy piece of marketing trying to soften the blow of yet another bad start to the season.

It turned out to be an even bigger disappointment. It was a marketing piece from TFC and Pioneer gas containing a branded TFC Gas Bucks card and an application to activate it.

Im disappointed that TFC is now selling their season ticket list to their sponsors for co branded direct mail campaigns.

Pint
05-16-2013, 07:30 PM
What are te specs of the card? Co-branding can sometime lead to very good deals.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
05-16-2013, 07:35 PM
What are te specs of the card? Co-branding can sometime lead to very good deals.

I pulled it out of the bin for you.

2x bonus bucks from now until Nov

Each time you use it you are entered in for a draw for "free gas for a year or the value of your 2013 Toronto FC season seats

here's the link to the t's and c's: http://www.bonusbucks.ca/perks/tfc2013-free-gas-for-a-year-legal

Auzzy
05-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Whatevs, I have a Pioneer bucks card anyway, I can transfer my balance to this one & get some extra benefits. The mail came from TFC. I bet Pioneer doesn't get your address unless you actually take them up on the offer.

West220Side
05-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Don't have a use for it but I do hold onto anything TFC.
It'll find a nice home.

Fort York Redcoat
05-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Hate bonus plans/cards so I throw it out.

It didn't put me out that much. Had to walk to the rubbish bin.

Some people will use it and like it hence why they do it.

Oldtimer
05-17-2013, 07:42 AM
It's deals like this that help fund Designated Players, so I'm all in favour.

Sure it was disappointing not getting a calendar of the Greatest Losses of 2012 ( :p ) complete with full colour pictures of Mr. Bermuda shorts yelling, and gasoline isn't remotely related to football (despite something about "fueling passion," whatever), but we shouldn't complain about things like this. If you don't like it, throw it out!

Pioneer actually has lower prices generally, and I have one near my home, so it's a good deal for me. Besides, I'm a sucker for all sorts of things with TFC logos. :cool:

Abou Sky
05-17-2013, 09:49 AM
I would rather the money comes out of Pioneer/BMO/Budweiser etc than out of my pocket.

Sponsorships work, I was never a huge Adidas fan before becoming a TFC fan, I was always Puma all the way.

Heck, I would no longer completely rule out test driving a Kia anymore. I don't think I would buy one, but I would test drive one.

C.Ronaldo
05-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Pioneer buys Canadian gasoline & oil.

I support this.

If it was shell or esso then I wouldnt have appreciated being used as an advertistment pawn

Yagbod
05-17-2013, 10:32 AM
The anti-capitalist cynic in me wants to jump all over this one, but there seems to be a positivity parade going on about it so I will continue biting my tongue. I wouldn't want to jeopardize any DP signings....:rolleyes:

Jack
05-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't know where I agreed to go on a marketing list, but I guess it was in the STH agreement somewhere. Nonetheless, just like spam, I should be able to opt out of crap like this. And I really don't care what the offer was, I don't need another piece of junk mail, thank you very much.

glaze
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
I like the idea of giving special offers. I don't have a car, nor is there a Pioneer station nearby, so this one has no use, however, I don't see any issue with them sending out a mailing. You get the excitement of receiving a large envelope from TFC, even if the contents were a bit of a let down. And if there is success with this one, then perhaps more offers come our way. If they gave us all a "Bud Card" that provided 5 dollars off of each case on In-Bev beer, we'd be flooding this board with praise.

prizby
05-17-2013, 07:56 PM
i would like to know if my pioneer bucks card comes with any wins for TFC?

Abou Sky
05-17-2013, 10:41 PM
I don't know where I agreed to go on a marketing list, but I guess it was in the STH agreement somewhere. Nonetheless, just like spam, I should be able to opt out of crap like this. And I really don't care what the offer was, I don't need another piece of junk mail, thank you very much.

You can just cross out your address and write 'rts' on the envelope.

FluSH
05-18-2013, 11:06 PM
I pulled it out of the bin for you.

2x bonus bucks from now until Nov

Each time you use it you are entered in for a draw for "free gas for a year or the value of your 2013 Toronto FC season seats

here's the link to the t's and c's: http://www.bonusbucks.ca/perks/tfc2013-free-gas-for-a-year-legal

"I pulled it out the bin for you" lol

Justin10000
05-19-2013, 08:42 AM
What a stupid promotion. I probably wouldn't be as critical if TFC teamed up with a more common gas station. I have maybe 2 pioneer stations in Toronto.

denMAR
05-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Even if they gave us a card for $1 off beer at BMO it would be praises all around I think.

Abou Sky
05-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Guy I work with lives in Hamilton and he says there are a few so I gave him my card.

Again, if we are getting money from them, awesome. Not like we bitch about BMO.

Jack
05-19-2013, 04:28 PM
For me there is a difference between a gameday offer directly from the team (like a beer discount - haha dream on) and third party marketing spam/junk. At the least, I should be able to decline the option of receiving this crap.

Sally Mack
05-25-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm going to mail this back to Paul B, asking him how he likes getting unsolicited junk mail at his house.