PDA

View Full Version : Russell or Richter?

Abou Sky
05-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Does anyone actually rate Russell over Richter?

I think RR is smarter, as or more skilled and a harder worker.

I figure RB is his to lose.

Thoughts? Is it just me and my love for a good work rate?

T-boy
05-14-2013, 08:52 AM
I don't mind either of them. Richter is young and has shown glimpses of very good tackling. Russel is loved by all his old clubs fans', and I don't think we've seen the best of him. He made one "error" with that header, but otherwise I think he's been ok. Eckersley is better than both, tho. Both are fine depth MLS players.

nonc
05-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Richter is a good tackler when he has his man on the chase or in slightly compromised position because he is very aggressive. But his straight up 1v1 defending is generally sort of poor, constantly overplaying his man. So I wouldn't call him and his lack of experience "smarter". His work rate and pace is appealing. Apples and oranges, hopefully Ecks is ready before long.

[NBF]
05-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Ashtone Morgan is better than those two at right back. Thats just my 2 cents.

nonc
05-14-2013, 09:28 AM
;1584406']Ashtone Morgan is better than those two at right back. Thats just my 2 cents.

When he's not crapping his pants, absolutely. 2013 has been never-ending lapses from Morgan though.

Yohan
05-14-2013, 09:31 AM
;1584406']Ashtone Morgan is better than those two at right back. Thats just my 2 cents.
Ashtone Morgan must have one helluva RB potential, considering he never played right back

Abou Sky
05-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Ashtone Morgan must have one helluva RB potential, considering he never played right back

Beat me to it.

I think Morgan doesn't like Nelsen or Payne

About 15 mins after the game last night his first tweet in a while : #beleaf

He NEVER says anything about the leafs.

I wish him the best, I bet in MTL or VAN he may do well.

We KNOW he can do a LOT better. Maybe the fit just isn't there with coach & Payne

CommradePolski
05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Beat me to it.

I think Morgan doesn't like Nelsen or Payne

About 15 mins after the game last night his first tweet in a while : #beleaf

He NEVER says anything about the leafs.

I wish him the best, I bet in MTL or VAN he may do well.

We KNOW he can do a LOT better. Maybe the fit just isn't there with coach & Payne

I can see this as the case since compared to last year, he may not be getting all the praise that Mariner was giving him.

trane
05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Morgan is a real disappointment this year, he has regressed. Would be a shame to see him go. If he goes I hope he stays in Canada.