PDA

View Full Version : ALL FANS please READ and repost EVERYWHERE - FB, Tweet, etc.

mmug72
05-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Fellow Fans, up front - I am not a Red Patch Boy... BUT I have been a TFC fan since day one in '07 and I am putting a call out to ALL FANS. Read the following and pass it on. Time for us ALL to stand up united.

T.O. Fans it's time for us to step up. When it hits the 75th minute we ALL need to stand up and cheer that much louder and longer. As a season ticket holder since the beginning I have seen us fans grow quieter every year. Lets be honest. We no longer are the loudest scariest fans in the MLS anymore. But with the team playing better lets get better with them. It's time to let the other teams know that "This is our house". Bring out the streamers again. Jeer the opposition goalies into mistakes. EVERYONE honour Danny at the 24th minute! Call the BS calls by the refs. Hell lets all bring some "cushions/disks" to throw on the field after every goal (That was a magical game ill never forget - hey beach balls would be a great cheap substitute, eh!). Lets push our team over the 75th min hump. Come on you Reds. Time to bleed Red and White!

Corpand
05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Saw this posted around MLSSoccer.

The cushions idea? Disaster. Sad is that most regulars keep up their cheering, it's a lot of the non-regulars that have no idea how to behave when the team is chasing a game or is at a stalemate.
Couple that with the dropping attendance, it does not look pretty. Still, I'm always at the games 110% cheering and making noise. If the boys see that we care, they do not want to dissapoint and I feel that motivates them to a certain extent...

ensco
05-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Threads from first time posters making requests should be deleted. No matter how reasonable the request.

CBTFC
05-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Threads from first time posters making requests should be deleted. No matter how reasonable the request.

[Post edited by Shakes McQueen. On no planet is it acceptable to call one of our members a douchebag. Argue the point, or keep it to yourself.]

jloome
05-10-2013, 09:47 PM
ensco, can you for once not be a douchebag?

I never find Ensco to be a douchebag, merely one of the most reasoned people on this board. If you don't like his tenor, consider how douchey your own sounds.

Shakes McQueen
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
It's been dealt with.

- Scott

Abou Sky
05-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I never find Ensco to be a douchebag, merely one of the most reasoned people on this board. If you don't like his tenor, consider how douchey your own sounds.

Dood, ensco is one of the smartest guys on here. Even when he makes me want to cry...

CBTFC
05-10-2013, 10:13 PM
[Post edited by Shakes McQueen. On no planet is it acceptable to call one of our members a douchebag. Argue the point, or keep it to yourself.]

Sorry, I meant dbag. better?

jloome
05-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Sorry, I meant dbag. better?

Nope, still swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool with that one.

Richard
05-10-2013, 10:36 PM

I don't agree with this. There are many redpatchboys and supporters who do not register with this forum. Does a newly registered indivudals opinion and ideas not count? Post count should not be the only determinant to what is worthwhile. I absolutely hate this elitist attitude, don't think just because you have been here on the forums longer your opinion should be golden. Having said all that I do like what you post and think your reasonable, just not this. I don't think the OP is requesting something unreasonable, in fact its a good rallying cry to continue the support give the club a spirit and identity. I think the team now more than ever needs the support,.

Dbl_D
05-10-2013, 10:59 PM
where do you sit mmug?

ensco
05-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Thank you Shakes and jloome.

My comment wasn't on the merits of the idea.

A first time poster making requests could easily (too easily) be a troll, some teenager having a laugh, an employee or friend of someone at MLSE. Who knows? If someone who has been around here for a bit (member or non member) wants to suggest something, I am all ears. "Post count" isn't the issue, it's literally making your first post, and asking for things, that reeks of Nigerian email scam. Maybe the poster is legit, who can say? But my point stands.

Richard
05-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Your right in that it could be a troll but who knows, I just know there are a lot of lurkers on these boards. I was one of them before I made an account and there are people who feel connected even though they may not ever post here.

T-boy
05-11-2013, 12:06 AM
I really don't care if this is a troll, MLSE employee, or Nelson himself - I agree with the sentiment of the OP entirely!

gate7
05-11-2013, 12:19 AM
where do you sit mmug?

back office?

Shakes McQueen
05-11-2013, 12:30 AM
CBTFC has been dealt with, again. Not sure what he hoped to accomplish by essentially daring us to do something, and repeating the same insult.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
As for this thread - I don't really have any problem with it, assuming it's not a subtle troll. I think trying to repeat the seat cushion toss from the game in year one is ill advised, not to mention impossible. As an organic reaction to a historic first, it was fun. As a pre-meditated action in a game years later? It's begging for a team fine, and anyone who doesn't visit this forum wouldn't be participating anyway.

But hey, he's trying to be optimistic and upbeat, and good on him I guess.

- Scott

ryan
05-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't think this site is so busy that the time isn't there to determine if someone's first post, who is making a request/declaration/whatever, cannot be reviewed for legitimacy

Maybe it's just me though? I just find it dumb to stereotype a "first post" as automatically crap and marked for deletion. No need to be all stuck up and rude about someone suggesting you cheer for the fuckin team lol. Why not just close the browser if you don't care for it, why complain about something so entirely miniscule? Is someone's life going to end because this thread exists? Who cares. Such terrible attitudes on this forum.

Shakes McQueen
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't think this site is so busy that the time isn't there to determine if someone's first post, who is making a request/declaration/whatever, cannot be reviewed for legitimacy

Maybe it's just me though? I just find it dumb to stereotype a "first post" as automatically crap and marked for deletion. No need to be all stuck up and rude about someone suggesting you cheer for the fuckin team lol. Why not just close the browser if you don't care for it, why complain about something so entirely miniscule? Is someone's life going to end because this thread exists? Who cares. Such terrible attitudes on this forum.

Who was complaining about it? They gave an opinion.

They aren't stereotyping all first posts as crap - they are saying these kinds of "call to action" first posts are strange. I'm with you in that I think it's totally harmless and I don't really mind or care, but whatever.

Back to the topic at hand, if anyone really has anything more to say about it.

- Scott

jloome
05-11-2013, 12:04 PM

If you'd read down the thread before posting, you'd have found Ensco's explanation, rather than assuming it was becasue he didn't "like" the post.

ensco
05-11-2013, 12:06 PM

This is the single most clueless post I have seen in a very long time.

Someone is coming on here as a first time poster making requests, including asking the group to violate club and league rules. That is the discussion.

I love how happy you are to commit someone else's time to figuring these things out.

Eastend
05-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Fellow Fans, up front - I am not a Red Patch Boy... BUT I have been a TFC fan since day one in '07 and I am putting a call out to ALL FANS. Read the following and pass it on. Time for us ALL to stand up united.

T.O. Fans it's time for us to step up. When it hits the 75th minute we ALL need to stand up and cheer that much louder and longer. As a season ticket holder since the beginning I have seen us fans grow quieter every year. Lets be honest. We no longer are the loudest scariest fans in the MLS anymore. But with the team playing better lets get better with them. It's time to let the other teams know that "This is our house". Bring out the streamers again. Jeer the opposition goalies into mistakes. EVERYONE honour Danny at the 24th minute! Call the BS calls by the refs. Hell lets all bring some "cushions/disks" to throw on the field after every goal (That was a magical game ill never forget - hey beach balls would be a great cheap substitute, eh!). Lets push our team over the 75th min hump. Come on you Reds. Time to bleed Red and White!

Good first post, and good suggestion about get loud in the 75th.

Dom

p.s. Back on topic and good vibes please. Sick of the b.s. that creeps into every thread.