PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Game 11: Columbus at Toronto, Sat 18 May, 5pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
05-09-2013, 10:22 AM
TFC welcomes the Piss stains to BMO Field. At least we pissed off Crew supporters by stealing one of their former legends Duncan Oughton from them.

Don't worry. Columbus will score a late goal to draw again. It is like a given. For once I'd like to see TFC not give up a late goal. That would be a sign of progress in my mind.

--------------Bendik
-Ben Haim-Henry-O'Dea-Emory
-Brockie--Laba--Hall--Ephraim
--------------Silva
-----------Earnshaw

Bench
Frei
Caldwell
Boss
Bostock
Osorio
Bekker
Braun

OgtheDim
05-09-2013, 10:37 AM
10 days...........SO LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

Yohan
05-09-2013, 10:41 AM
10 days...........SO LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
frankly, I need the ten days to get unpissed at TFC. I do expect a better showing against Columbus. I hope the players know that after Montreal, Columbus is considered another derby match.

Well, hopefully Oughton will remind them of that fact.

10 days also to get Caldwell, ben Haim and Brockie to get integrated into Nelsen's set up

OfficeGuy
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
highlights were not kind to Henry's defensive moments last game

Yohan
05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Tal ben Haim played 90mins for QPR last Sat, so he's should be good for 90mins for TFC

Yohan
05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
There is also a reserve game scheduled against Piss stains reserves at 8pm, also at BMO Field

Canary10
05-09-2013, 11:19 AM
There is also a reserve game scheduled against Piss stains reserves at 8pm, also at BMO Field

I'll be curious to see if Koef plays in the reserve game. If not, he's not a month away like some have said.

Auzzy
05-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Don't worry. Columbus will score a late goal to draw again. It is like a given. For once I'd like to see TFC not give up a late goal. That would be a sign of progress in my mind.

Times they are a-changin' in TFC land. I think Columbus will score to win the game in the 75th minute.

jloome
05-09-2013, 06:19 PM
If we're leading in the 80th minute and still have all our subs, I'd like to see him stick three extra defenders in.g:D

notthesun
05-09-2013, 08:17 PM
No Lambe in the 18 Yohan? Can't see that happening. I see Brockie and Silva starting out wide.

Only reason I have Silva out wide is because we need Braun with the way we're playing. He helps us a lot in retention of possession when we run out of ideas and play it long.

Personally I think I'd try a 4-1-2-1-2 with Laba DM and Silva AM, but Hall is playing fairly well and I don't think Nelsen wants to break up the defensive CM tandem.

Ivy
05-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Bendik
Haim-O'Dea-Caldwell-Richter
Lambe-Laba-Hall
Silva
Brockie-Earnshaw

you heard it here first.

Abou Sky
05-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Can we figure a Spanish chant for Higuain about his little brother being WAAAAY more successful than him?

Maybe : Su papi quire Gonzalo más (grammar help appreciated)

(your dad likes Gonzalo more)

That may actually cut deep.

Ivy
05-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Can we figure a Spanish chant for Higuain about his little brother being WAAAAY more successful than him?

Maybe : Su papi quire Gonzalo más (grammar help appreciated)

(your dad likes Gonzalo more)

That may actually cut deep.
how about "douchhhbbaaaggggg...."?

Petor
05-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Watched the highlights of yesterday's Crew loss to Colorado and couldn't help noticing all of the Barbasol advertising.
And for some reason an old song popped into my head.
Would be nice if they played this song the odd time at BMO Field during our match against them on Saturday. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk

jloome
05-12-2013, 01:02 PM
--------------Bendik
-Ben Haim-Henry-O'Dea-Emory
-Brockie--Laba--Hall--Ephraim
--------------Silva
-----------Earnshaw

I think we'll go 4-3-3

-------------Bendik
--Ben Haim--Caldwell--O'Dea--Emory
-----Laba---Silva---Hall-------
Earnshaw---Braun---Brockie

He's brought Brockie in to score goals, I think.

Ajax TFC
05-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I think we'll go 4-3-3

-------------Bendik
--Ben Haim--Caldwell--O'Dea--Emory
-----Laba---Silva---Hall-------
Earnshaw---Braun---Brockie

He's brought Brockie in to score goals, I think.
I don't think Silva is suited for a place in a midfield three. He's best just behind the strikers, and you need players who can dictate play from deeper positions in the midfield three. Also I think Earnshaw would be pretty ineffective out wide. If you're going to play 4-3-3, put Silva in the front three instead of Braun or Earnshaw (who's way off form anyway) and put Osorio or Bekker in midfield.

jloome
05-12-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't think Silva is suited for a place in a midfield three. He's best just behind the strikers, and you need players who can dictate play from deeper positions in the midfield three. Also I think Earnshaw would be pretty ineffective out wide. If you're going to play 4-3-3, put Silva in the front three instead of Braun or Earnshaw (who's way off form anyway) and put Osorio or Bekker in midfield.

Earnshaw is a class player, a better dribbler than most and would probably be quite fine wide. But that's not what I meant. He's playing as a wide forward, not a winger, in that formation. The two dms sit back, silva comes up in behind the target man. The two wide fowards are channeled to the edge of the box, not the byline. Then they can either cut inside for a chance or feed silva or braun.

EDIT: Perhaps if I don't express it as a 433 (almost all of these are 433 variations but anyway...) :

---------------Bendik
Ben Haim -- Caldwell -- Odea -- Emory
---------Laba-------Hall
---------------Silva------------------
----Earnshaw--Braun--Brockie

The Fullbacks sit back, so that they can't just punish us wide by stretching our defensive midfielders. We play a defensive one-way game, and an offensive one- way game, where the four attackers are responsible for all of the goalscoring load. Silva is the only one who really plays two ways, and that's largely cover, because Laba and Hall act as anchors. If one of them is played into the flow of an offensive move and heads into an attacking part of the field, then silva briefly drops back to cover that role.

TFC07
05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Nelsen putting a line up with 4-3-3 formation and playing with 3 strikers at the same time? I would be shocked if Nelsen would play 3 strikers and more offensive formation starting of the game. He's too defensive/conservative to start with 3 strikers.

Ajax TFC
05-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Earnshaw is a class player, a better dribbler than most and would probably be quite fine wide. But that's not what I meant. He's playing as a wide forward, not a winger, in that formation. The two dms sit back, silva comes up in behind the target man. The two wide fowards are channeled to the edge of the box, not the byline. Then they can either cut inside for a chance or feed silva or braun.

EDIT: Perhaps if I don't express it as a 433 (almost all of these are 433 variations but anyway...) :

---------------Bendik
Ben Haim -- Caldwell -- Odea -- Emory
---------Laba-------Hall
---------------Silva------------------
----Earnshaw--Braun--Brockie

The Fullbacks sit back, so that they can't just punish us wide by stretching our defensive midfielders. We play a defensive one-way game, and an offensive one- way game, where the four attackers are responsible for all of the goalscoring load. Silva is the only one who really plays two ways, and that's largely cover, because Laba and Hall act as anchors. If one of them is played into the flow of an offensive move and heads into an attacking part of the field, then silva briefly drops back to cover that role.
If the game plan is hoofball, than I could see this formation working better than the flat 4-4-2 we've been playing. Braun takes down the longballs and lays them off to Earnshaw, Silva, or Brockie, with Silva being the pointman of the attacks. But it also has no potential for buildup play. With a lack of proper wide men and fullbacks sitting back, Hall and Laba would be completely crowded out. On the ball they would have no space, and no outlets other than Silva in the middle, likely marked. Off the ball they would likely get overrun unless Silva tracks back and does some serious pressing.

I feel like one of our major problems already is being unable to control the midfield due to subpar wide men. I don't see how taking away the wide men all together is going to help. Although I can see the logic in instead of trying to compensate the weakness of the team (inability to control the midfield), strengthen the areas we can (the striker force). If we resign ourselves to a longball system with no buildup, this could be a good formation for that.

Richard
05-12-2013, 05:21 PM
I think TFC needs to jam the midfield. 4-5-1 with minimal use of the wings, we have nobody that can do shit out wide so you might as well bring everyone through the centre and play straight up the gut. On defence you try to crowd out the opposition.

jloome
05-12-2013, 05:57 PM
If the game plan is hoofball, than I could see this formation working better than the flat 4-4-2 we've been playing. Braun takes down the longballs and lays them off to Earnshaw, Silva, or Brockie, with Silva being the pointman of the attacks. But it also has no potential for buildup play. With a lack of proper wide men and fullbacks sitting back, Hall and Laba would be completely crowded out. On the ball they would have no space, and no outlets other than Silva in the middle, likely marked. Off the ball they would likely get overrun unless Silva tracks back and does some serious pressing.

I feel like one of our major problems already is being unable to control the midfield due to subpar wide men. I don't see how taking away the wide men all together is going to help. Although I can see the logic in instead of trying to compensate the weakness of the team (inability to control the midfield), strengthen the areas we can (the striker force). If we resign ourselves to a longball system with no buildup, this could be a good formation for that.

I think realistically that's the team we have. We don't have good enough wide players to compete in this league and we INEVITABLY end out headmanning .

So why not play to that? Makes sense to me and at least the expectations on each player are established.

Abou Sky
05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I think that if we are going to lose, let's do it with younger players and just build properly.

Bendik
Richter/Eck- O'Dea - boss/Henry - Morgan/Eck
Hall-Laba
Osorio - bekker - Silva
Braun

Let the kids play. We need some pieces, fine, but let's BUILD a team. Something long term.

Next year maybe we keep half as starters and replace half but we have young veterans, which imo is the most valuable asset to have.

Ajax TFC
05-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I was just thinking, that we actually have the pieces to do a 3-5-2 if the players can learn that formation. In Caldwell, Califf, O'Dea, Agboss, and Henry, we have an abundance of good CBs, and with our defensive problems it might not be a bad idea to play three of them against teams with only two strikers (most of them). In Morgan and Richter we have two high energy fullbacks who can attack and do some defensive work. Neither are that good at defending, so moving them up as wingbacks would be the ideal role for them, especially Morgan. Play Hall as the holding mid, Laba as the b2b, and either Silva as a #10, or Bekker as a deeper playmaker. Then play Earnshaw and Braun/Silva as the striker pair.

If the players could learn their roles, it could solve our wide problem, and make the most of the players we have. We wouldn't have to rely on our defensively shit fullbacks to defend anymore with a sweeper, so they would be free to do more of what they're actually decent at - which is bombing down the wings. Morgan might actually look like the player he was under Winter again.
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/711015_Toronto_FC.jpg

^now does that not look like one heck of a better rounded team that covers more areas of the pitch than what we've been playing recently?

jloome
05-12-2013, 07:42 PM
I was just thinking, that we actually have the pieces to do a 3-5-2 if the players can learn that formation. In Caldwell, Califf, O'Dea, Agboss, and Henry, we have an abundance of good CBs, and with our defensive problems it might not be a bad idea to play three of them against teams with only two strikers (most of them). In Morgan and Richter we have two high energy fullbacks who can attack and do some defensive work. Neither are that good at defending, so moving them up as wingbacks would be the ideal role for them, especially Morgan. Play Hall as the holding mid, Laba as the b2b, and either Silva as a #10, or Bekker as a deeper playmaker. Then play Earnshaw and Braun/Silva as the striker pair.

If the players could learn their roles, it could solve our wide problem, and make the most of the players we have. We wouldn't have to rely on our defensively shit fullbacks to defend anymore with a sweeper, so they would be free to do more of what they're actually decent at - which is bombing down the wings. Morgan might actually look like the player he was under Winter again.

^now does that not look like one heck of a better rounded team that covers more areas of the pitch than what we've been playing recently?

I kinda like that. I'm not sure how much I trust hall to drop back and cover the hole in the line when we're pulled wide with the fullback up high, but it would be a better use, in terms of having some possession, than what we've been doing.

I still think Brockie will be a starter, and he's better suited from what we've seen to being a striker than winger.

DoubleUp
05-12-2013, 07:59 PM
http://this11.com/boards/abELQ33alI.jpg (http://this11.com)

I want to see this. Laba and ecks working in tandem on the left both ways, and the more experienced Ben Haim assisting talented but inexperienced Osario on the right.

This style breeds fluid possession and chance creation possibilities and allows the team to stay compact on the defensive end.

Abou Sky
05-12-2013, 08:10 PM
http://this11.com/boards/abELQ33alI.jpg (http://this11.com)

I want to see this. Laba and ecks working in tandem on the left both ways, and the more experienced Ben Haim assisting talented but inexperienced Osario on the right.

This style breeds fluid possession and chance creation possibilities and allows the team to stay compact on the defensive end.

I like AjaxTfc idea better, it gives us width

OgtheDim
05-12-2013, 08:20 PM
What I suspect we will get. (Not what I would prefer but what Nelson will do)

http://this11.com/boards/abELRxsaia.jpg (http://this11.com)

I think Ephraim and Bostock are likely to be not seen as starters.

Ecks will fill in on the left as Silva will pinch in.

DoubleUp
05-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I like AjaxTfc idea better, it gives us width

A 3 man backline would be a diaster with our personnel, and your wingbacks are better as Ecks(left) and Lambe(right).

Like I said before width is not something we need, we need ball retention.

The best idea other than mine is 451.

I am not playing a popularity contest so I dont expect people to jump up down about my suggestions..............but I know 3man backline is not the answer.

The formation I posted, Maximizes the potential we have in midfield. and Width will come naturally with ball movement.

DoubleUp
05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
What I suspect we will get. (Not what I would prefer but what Nelson will do)

http://this11.com/boards/abELRxsaia.jpg (http://this11.com)

I think Ephraim and Bostock are likely to be not seen as starters.

Ecks will fill in on the left as Silva will pinch in.

Unbalanced. Lambe is to wide to be effective and and Sliva will be run ragged doing winger duties and hence none effective in the 3rd which will cause our creativity and strikers to suffer.

Imo.

valeo
05-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Brockie will need some good defensive cover behind him - he's not one to track back much.

Oldtimer
05-13-2013, 07:52 AM
The Krew are better than Toronto this year, but not enormously so. This is one of those winnable games.

OgtheDim
05-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Unbalanced. Lambe is to wide to be effective and and Sliva will be run ragged doing winger duties and hence none effective in the 3rd which will cause our creativity and strikers to suffer.

Imo.

Oh, I agree.

I just think its what we will end up with. In theory Silva starts on the left but he will tuck in.

Red CB Toronto
05-13-2013, 09:46 AM
The Reds have to win this game, make a statement and move on. It is time for the Reds to make a move and be what they can be. They can defeat the KKKrew.

GlenM
05-13-2013, 09:50 AM
SCREW THE CREW

GlenM

Initial B
05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
I was thinking about this formation as well, but more as a 3-2-3-2 formation. The thing is, the wingbacks have to have a really high motor and will probably do the most running out of everyone on the pitch as they handle both offensive crosses and defensive marking. I suppose if things get dicey they could always track back into something like a 5-3-2. Perhaps the wingbacks would be expected to be replaced after 60-70 minutes to provide a fresh set of legs if needed. Then you end up with Ecks, Morgan and Richter fighting it out with Bostock, Ephraim, Osario and the other mids for these spots. Nelsen could use the two wingback positions for the youngsters on a rotating basis. Depending on their performance, they could be moved into some of the Core Centre postions.

My main worry is that this was the formation that Chivas USA was using at the begining of the season, which worked for a while until the other teams figured out how to play against them. I'm starting to think that during an MLS season, you should never play opposing teams with the same formation twice.

Abou Sky
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
The Reds have to win this game, make a statement and move on. It is time for the Reds to make a move and be what they can be. They can defeat the KKKrew.

Is it a 'must win' ? <RUNS AWAY>

DoubleUp
05-13-2013, 03:56 PM
@Ogthedim
I know!. I was just weighing in on what you said.

Ajax TFC
05-13-2013, 04:22 PM
My main worry is that this was the formation that Chivas USA was using at the begining of the season, which worked for a while until the other teams figured out how to play against them. I'm starting to think that during an MLS season, you should never play opposing teams with the same formation twice.
nonsense, you play the formation that best suits the players you have. If you're better at playing your system than the opposition is at playing their's, you'll win. If it's that easy to figure out a formation, than why are so many teams able to use the 4-4-2 in every game and not get destroyed? or why is SKC able to play 4-3-3 almost every game without getting figured out? It's because there's nothing to figure out. Anyone with a half decent soccer IQ can figure out how these teams play. But MLS games are won and lost on gameplan execution and player quality, not by matching up your systems.

I don't watch Chivas, but it seems to me that they're more an example of how matching up your system against opposition only works for a while. I think if they were actually a good team, playing a different formation wouldn't be a problem. I'm suggesting we use 3-5-2 because it's the best use of the qualities of our best players, not because it it would match up better against most MLS sides.

Morgan and Richter are high energy players who aren't great at defending and not big flair attackers either, so relying on them to support the defense will leave the defense exposed, but they also can't be converted into attackers because they aren't good enough at that either. So given their high work rates, the best role for them is as wingbacks who will help out the back three, but aren't needed to help mark players, and can provide lots of overlapping runs forward to stretch out the field and create room for the two strikers and the #10 to work in, as well as to be passing outlets. Heck the two of them make better outlets than than the wide players we currently play in midfield. I don't think that Morgan or Richter or Ecks would have a problem with the energy demands of the wingback position

with the number of good CBs we have now, putting together a back three shouldn't be hard to do, and O'Dea and Califf should be able to play as the sweeper.

Yohan
05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
On Columbus Crew Facebook page

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183173_10151937791824569_1627063790_n.jpg

Abou Sky
05-13-2013, 09:38 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183173_10151937791824569_1627063790_n.jpg

Fucking fuck that!

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2013, 07:01 AM
^ lol @ trillium cup.

We're all they have.

Oldtimer
05-14-2013, 08:45 AM
^ lol @ trillium cup.

We're all they have.

So true, lol.

Carts
05-14-2013, 08:50 AM
http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/128/adfd6613ef2a4212a155aee0f5afdfd3/l.jpg

Phil
05-15-2013, 09:51 AM

Its odd to promote injury. I expect stuff like this from supporters groups at times, but not FO.

Phil
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
I am wanting to stick around and watch the reserve game....who is up for making some noise for Danny K?

Payne is pretty much saying Danny will be playing.

Huyton
05-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I am wanting to stick around and watch the reserve game....who is up for making some noise for Danny K?

Payne is pretty much saying Danny will be playing.

Sounds good to me. Are we limited to any particular part of the stadium? Will any concession stands be open?

Could make for a great day of football, with the tailgate before the game and then the Reserves afterwards.

Phil
05-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Sounds good to me. Are we limited to any particular part of the stadium? Will any concession stands be open?

Could make for a great day of football, with the tailgate before the game and then the Reserves afterwards.

In the past they have made us move to the east stand. I will send out some info if maybe we can just stay in 112. Depends on how many want to stick around though.

Phil
05-15-2013, 11:27 AM
East stands it is. Would be great to see a good turnout as we are already there.

Section 107
05-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Cannot wait for the big man's return!!!

Yohan
05-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Cannot wait for the big man's return!!!
heeeeeey danny danny! danny danny danny danny koevermans!

Phil
05-15-2013, 01:15 PM
The funny bit is, if he does well in this game then he goes to the roster. First eligible game would be NE away....the same field that he got the injury.

That scares me a bit. Talk about messing with a strikers head if they put him in there.

Yohan
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
The funny bit is, if he does well in this game then he goes to the roster. First eligible game would be NE away....the same field that he got the injury.

That scares me a bit. Talk about messing with a strikers head if they put him in there.
Nelsen is a moron if he risks Koevermans on ANY turf pitch.

Huyton
05-15-2013, 01:48 PM
East stands it is. Would be great to see a good turnout as we are already there.

111, then?

Will we have to vacate the stands first?

I may have to break my self imposed rule and get a pint or two from that loud obnoxious red box in front of the food building.

Abou Sky
05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
111, then?

Will we have to vacate the stands first?

I may have to break my self imposed rule and get a pint or two from that loud obnoxious red box in front of the food building.

It's usually 107+108

I was smoking a butt at the very top last year, nobody within 20 seats and security actually came up to tell me to put it out.

I quit so no biggie now, but still a dick move.

Carts
05-16-2013, 08:31 AM

I'd like to think Nelsen, and hey even Payne weighing in, are smarter than that...

Then again...................................... :hide:

OgtheDim
05-16-2013, 08:42 AM
I don't think he's going right into the roster no matter what happens. June 1 game in as a sub I'm thinking.

Yohan
05-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Chad Marshall is out injured for the Crew. That guy is... massive when he on his game. One of best MLS defenders right now and has a habit of destroying TFC

bigredone
05-16-2013, 04:41 PM
It's usually 107+108

I was smoking a butt at the very top last year, nobody within 20 seats and security actually came up to tell me to put it out.

I quit so no biggie now, but still a dick move.

Ya, was pretty dumb to smoke there.

BuSaPuNk
05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Anyone hear if there is a big away group coming from Shitlumbus. We always seem to up our game when there's an away presence.

notthesun
05-16-2013, 05:50 PM
My best guess for a likely lineup:

----------------Bendik-------------
Russell---Caldwell---O'Dea----Emory
Brockie-----Hall----Laba-----Convey
---------------Silva----------------
-------------Earnshaw-------------

Also possible that Brockie or Convey come off the bench, but I'd rather they start, tired of indifferent performances from our current wide guys.

jloome
05-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Chad Marshall is out injured for the Crew. That guy is... massive when he on his game. One of best MLS defenders right now and has a habit of destroying TFC

His replacement Danny O'Rourke might be out too and they have to move a fullback inside, start a rookie wide. I think they have five or six players out injured, potentially. They're talking about starting Tchani alongside Matias Sanchez in the middle.

Yohan
05-16-2013, 07:43 PM
One lousy win vs columbus all time. Never at bmo field. Ouch

flatpicker
05-17-2013, 09:09 AM
This game actually starts at 5pm?
What's the deal with that?
Have we ever had a 5pm match time?

Dreadlocks
05-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Info on the player issues for the three stooges....

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/16/injuries-defense-and-midfield-columbus-crew-coach-robert-warzycha-forced-jug

Yohan
05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Eckersley, Agbossoumonde, Russell, Ephraim injured for Sat

Ultra & Proud
05-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Agbossoumonde injured for Sat

When did this happen? What injury? I didn't know he got injured.

Yohan
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
When did this happen? What injury? I didn't know he got injured.
from TFC twitter

GlenM
05-17-2013, 12:58 PM

I like it!

Good job.

GlenM

pawlukj
05-17-2013, 01:47 PM
looking forward to this game, havent been to bmo field often enough this year considering its officially spring going into summer im looking forward to the rest of the season.. a win against our rivals would be nice, lets rock the stands tommorow TFC!

and we played extremely well in the first half against san jose i hope tommorow will be a continuation of that and a renewed effort defending in the second half.. it is unnacceptable for a compeback or late goals to hapen the team must have smartened up

Abou Sky
05-17-2013, 02:13 PM
I think that Nelsen and Payne have done a decent job so far because I am still really excited to go to games.

Auzzy
05-17-2013, 02:59 PM
MLS Disciplinary Committee suspends and fines Columbus Crew forward Jairo Arrieta:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/17/mls-disciplinary-committee-suspends-and-fines-columbus-crew-forward-jairo-ar

He won't be playing vs. TFC on the weekend.

PopePouri
05-17-2013, 03:02 PM
I like it!

Good job.

GlenM

I'm convinced.

Yohan
05-17-2013, 05:11 PM
MLS Disciplinary Committee suspends and fines Columbus Crew forward Jairo Arrieta:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/17/mls-disciplinary-committee-suspends-and-fines-columbus-crew-forward-jairo-ar

He won't be playing vs. TFC on the weekend.
He's Columbus's main striker. Honestly, if TFC don't win this one, esp with Chad Marshall also out, I'd be pisse

Yohan
05-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Sounds like Convey is fit for tomorrow

Ajax TFC
05-17-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm looking at either a getting pair of tickets in 111 or 127 (similarly priced). I like to sing/chant and prefer to not be the only one doing it in my area.

Anyone have an opinion on which section would probably have more people singing in it?

Also, both pairs are near the top of the sections, which I know can be quite a factor, especially in 111 where I know last year the top wasn't as enthusiastic as the bottom half.

Yohan
05-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm looking at either a getting pair of tickets in 111 or 127 (similarly priced). I like to sing/chant and prefer to not be the only one doing it in my area.

Anyone have an opinion on which section would probably have more people singing in it?

Also, both pairs are near the top of the sections, which I know can be quite a factor, especially in 111 where I know last year the top wasn't as enthusiastic as the bottom half.
just come to 112. 112 is pretty much a GA

Ivy
05-17-2013, 06:27 PM
the formation Id like to see:

------------Bendik-------------
Caldwell - Califf - O'Dea - Henry
-------------Laba-------------
---------Hall-------Lambe------
-------------Silva--------------
------Earnshaw--Brockie--------

Who do we have to play LB other than Henry? Russell, Emory both out...
I feel that Braun will start, but will be subbed by Brockie

Pint
05-17-2013, 06:29 PM
127 is good if you are at the top, the bottom 8 rows are tourists for some reason this year but the rest of the section has been going pretty good.

Get either pair and then just go wherever.

Abou Sky
05-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Anyone think Osorio will get a start tomorrow? I would think that he is probably ready.

With Laba to anchor I think he could create a bit, maybe Convey on the left and Silva or Bekker on right?

Ivy
05-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Anyone think Osorio will get a start tomorrow? I would think that he is probably ready.

With Laba to anchor I think he could create a bit, maybe Convey on the left and Silva or Bekker on right?
I hope not... I want to see the strongest squad possible to smoke the piss stains out of this country.

Ajax TFC
05-17-2013, 11:22 PM

Bekker would be piss poor on the wing. He's a passer, not a dribbler. If we play him out wide, he'll fail and people will start bitching even louder about him being a failed draft pick

khso11
05-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Can't wait to see those new additions to our team!!!

tfc2008
05-18-2013, 09:05 AM
2-3 Crew 93 min.

BuSaPuNk
05-18-2013, 09:33 AM
2-3 Crew 93 min.

Unfortunatey I think we all have that in the back of our head. I hope not but you never know.

I hope Nelsen has learned and we have sustained pressure all game. I believe it's the only way out of the funk. We have to push with a lead like we're trying to come back for a tie with still keeping our shape in the midfield and back line.

PookyP
05-18-2013, 09:35 AM
For the first time in a while I am wxcited about the REDS.
I'll be there and look forward to seeing the Aussie goal scorer pot a couple.
GO REDS!!!!

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 12:10 PM

He should start!. Will he?!, I think somebody with two goals this season and numerous dangerous plays that lead to chances for us should be in the line-up until he proves otherwise.

Only person I would give a go before him is convey.

Corpand
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
2-3 Crew 93 min.

Could be. Could be 2-1 us, 3-0 them. We need to stop fearing this late game conceding conondrum otherwise we will never get past it. Like a child in the dark, we have to turn the lights on ONLY after the game is done.

mowe
05-18-2013, 03:14 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Bendik; Richter, Caldwell, Henry, O'Dea; Lambe, Laba, Hall, Silva; Braun, Earnshaw
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) substitutes: Frei; Califf, Morgan, Convey, Osorio, Bostock, Brockie

O'Dea at left back, Silva on the wing.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Still don't like Silva being pushed out wide. It's a byproduct of poor possession numbers, hence requiring the use of Braun in a 4-4-2 to take down long balls instead of Silva at CF in a 4-4-1-1. And that itself is a byproduct of wingers who don't contribute anything positive going forward... which is why I really want to see Convey get minutes at LM, and maybe Brockie at RM, although I think Nelsen plans to use him as an out-and-out striker.

Some real telling decisions with this lineup though. Ephraim is essentially done. Califf is going to be shipped out any minute now, still can't get a game ahead of Henry. And Morgan behind O'Dea being pushed over to LB? Yikes.

Stress
05-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Still don't like Silva being pushed out wide. It's a byproduct of poor possession numbers, hence requiring the use of Braun in a 4-4-2 to take down long balls instead of Silva at CF in a 4-4-1-1. And that itself is a byproduct of wingers who don't contribute anything positive going forward... which is why I really want to see Convey get minutes at LM, and maybe Brockie at RM, although I think Nelsen plans to use him as an out-and-out striker.

Some real telling decisions with this lineup though. Ephraim is essentially done. Califf is going to be shipped out any minute now, still can't get a game ahead of Henry. And Morgan behind O'Dea being pushed over to LB? Yikes.

I believe coach said hogan was a doubt with an injury

notthesun
05-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I believe coach said hogan was a doubt with an injury

Didn't he also say he's going to be heading back to QPR soon? I wouldn't be surprised if he's not actually injured and if he doesn't play for us again. Fair enough if he is hurt but I don't see him having much of a role in this team anymore.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Hmmmmmm.....seems they are expecting Silva to bomb up that wing.

Might be taking advantage of a Columbus back line issue.

That's part of the problem with us focusing so much on our own people; I for one often forget that tactics is about reacting and taking advantage,not just putting out your best and hoping.

nonc
05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Nelsen may regret not starting Brockie and Convey. How many goals has TFC scored in the 1st half of their last 25 home games. 2-3?

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Nelsen may regret not starting Brockie and Convey. How many goals has TFC scored in the 1st half of their last 25 home games. 2-3?

Given every other area of the pitch but keeper is changing, I think not. Need some stability somewhere. Earnshaw and Braun have done OK as a tandem.

That and Convey is really a midfielder in our schemes.

nonc
05-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Given every other area of the pitch but keeper is changing, I think not. Need some stability somewhere. Earnshaw and Braun have done OK as a tandem.

That and Convey is really a midfielder in our schemes.

Of course, I never suggested Convey play up top.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:08 PM
On the breakdown of that goal they showed against SJ: not good that osorio was 5 yards off but why on earth was he marking him in the first place? We are pretty dense if we think that's going to work.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Errrrr what? TSN is saying Braun is playing LM and Silva is at ST... that can't be right, can it?

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Dear god I hope Justin Braun isn't actually playing left wing in the 4-4-2 like they just showed.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 04:13 PM
It looks like Lambe is at LM, Braun at RM, and Silva at ST/CF... which is crazy.

Corpand
05-18-2013, 04:16 PM
I really believe this is the formation Nelsen will stick with and be known for. Simple but once he gets the right players in, it will work.

Braun is on the wing over Silva because he has a better hustle, while Silva can Second-Striker it and pass to Earnie when needed. Effective (hopefully).

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:16 PM
That ball Ritcher just gave Laba, lol

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:17 PM
What a line up. Nelson must be hitting the crack pipe.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:18 PM
What a line up. Nelson must be hitting the crack pipe.
We could start calling him mayor Nelson

sashavukelich
05-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Hey...does anyone have a stream??? only ones i see are the american broadcast...worst commentary and low quality vid.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Hmmm......got away with a bad header there as he didn't give them advantage.

Corpand
05-18-2013, 04:23 PM
The Crew comentators just said that they call their goalie the "Hebrew Hammer".

Embarrassing.

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 04:25 PM
The Crew comentators just said that they call their goalie the "Hebrew Hammer".

Embarrassing.
Come on its funny!

notthesun
05-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Excluding CBs, there are few MLS players who are less suited to playing as wingers than Justin Braun. He can't pass. He can't dribble past someone, nor will he beat anyone with speed. He won't whip in a dangerous cross.

What he can do is take down a long ball, win you headers, and draw defenders to make space for others. So why the heck would we play him as a wide midfielder?

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:27 PM
We might as well be playing with 10 men the whole game cause Braun is useless as a mid.

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:28 PM
We might as well be playing with 10 men the whole game as Braun on the wing is useless.

He's actually a decent dribbler, and strong. It's his positioning that's most suspect. More to the point, Nelsen is focusing our attack through their weak side, so he's not going to see the ball wide much. He's mostly there to make back-post runs.

__wowza
05-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey...does anyone have a stream??? only ones i see are the american broadcast...worst commentary and low quality vid.

i wish. what is it about american streams that make me want to slam a rusted spoon in both of my ears?

notthesun
05-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Hall nearly had a brilliant turn and through ball to Earnshaw before btw, didn't see it mentioned. Would've been a great goal, he just put a tiny bit too much on the pass as he was off balance.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 04:32 PM
That was a whiff by Earnie, BTW. Slowed it down on MLS Live. No foul. Just a whiff.

Dkolish3
Earnshaw is getting great positions but can't get his foot to hit it right.

Stryker
That would have been a beaut if Ernie had got that to the top corner.

Corpand
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
We are extremely dominant in this game, mostly from midfield.

This is allowing some players to express themselves more, especially attacking ones. Hence the trickery and niftyness from everyone at the moment. Good formation.

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
He seems to lack some confidence right now, as the last three or four chances he's missed have been contact issues.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:34 PM
You know, when things went downhill in Mtl with Marsh, Saputo was reportedly saying Justin Braun (among other things) was a problem. Quote "we have local men's league players who could take this guy's spot"

Is he wrong???

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Watching Columbus back line is watching ours the last few years.

Edit: Beer not allowing me to spell today.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:36 PM
We are extremely dominant in this game, mostly from midfield.
It's a very weak opponent starting two second choice defenders

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:37 PM
You know, when things went downhill in Mtl with Marsh, Saputo was reportedly saying Justin Braun (among other things) was a problem. Quote "we have local men's league players who could take this guy's spot"

Is he wrong???
Yes.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 04:39 PM
It's a very weak opponent starting two second choice defenders

That's usually our line.

Progress?

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Yes.
I'm not so sure watching Justin Braun play soccer is any different than a room of monkies on typewriters.

This guy has been give an embarrassing amount of leeway with professional clubs most are not afforded

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes.

Agreed just to add I think he's on the wing to receive long balls then to make a quick out pass to the mids as opposed to being a regular winger

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:41 PM
If Henry puts in the work and learns to focus the full 90 he could be an MLS all-star in a couple years.

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Columbus commentator reaction to corner kick "OOPS"

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm not so sure watching Justin Braun play soccer is any different than a room of monkies on typewriters.

This guy has been give an embarrassing amount of leeway with professional clubs most are not afforded

This guy had seven goals as a target forward for Chivas before he went to Montreal. In this league, that's not bad. Besides which, I find arguments about him largely lacking in any basis. His technique isn't great and neither is his positioning ... and you could say the same of Gordon, Lenhart, Jahn, the new kid in Salt Lake who's name eludes me...

They're target forwards. He's there for his strength and occasional ability to put it in the net. And he has a couple of goals for in the run of play.

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Also CREW chances are just too close.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 04:43 PM
That near-goal brought to you by Ryan Richter.

Is Eckersley fit yet?

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Anyone see Laba this game?

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Laba as destroyer....I like.

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:47 PM
And having said that....

ag futbol
I rest my case on the quote from cheese man :)

OgtheDim
Anyone see Laba this game?

Snap :)

Yes, about 4 tackles breaking up attacks and some decent immediate passes.

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Agreed just to add I think he's on the wing to receive long balls then to make a quick out pass to the mids as opposed to being a regular winger

I didn't say he's there to score.

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Is he wrong???

Yes.
Wanna change your answer?

notthesun
05-18-2013, 04:49 PM
That... that was bad. C'mon Braun, that's your bread and butter.

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:50 PM
DeVos "The league probably wants to have the best referees working the best games".

I used to have so much respect for DeVos. The PRO has already admitted Payne is right.

notthesun
At the risk of beating this dead horse to a pulp, can we please get Koevermans back soon...

Morlesio14
Score? How much time left?

jloome
05-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Wanna change your answer?

People who change their minds based on one circumstance are morons. So, no. I hope you weren't serious.

Dkolish3
That was fast.

Dkolish3
That was fast.

Also perfect pass nothing to be done.

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:52 PM
That's what I meant about putting in the work, Henry looked lazy there.

Morlesio14
Ok 1-0

AdamAM
The things I would do to have a player like Higuain here...

OgtheDim
Yeah, that's on Henry.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:53 PM
And.......Devos COMPLETELY misreads Kevin Payne's comments on refs and makes a whacked out comment after.

Just can not say anything good about KP, can he?

Anyhoo...
Agreed, that was faux news quality analysis right there. It was never an 'excuse' per say but a point of contention.

Morlesio14
Nice pass by laba

jloome
Agreed, that was faux news quality analysis right there. It was never an 'excuse' per say but a point of contention.

And one the referees association has already said is valid.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 04:54 PM
If we played our best game tactically in the diamnod why would we leave that, when our strength in attacking is down the middle not the wing.

This coach is out of his depth.

Morlesio14
05-18-2013, 04:54 PM
What's our starting 11 just tuned in

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 04:56 PM
That's what I meant about putting in the work, Henry looked lazy there.
I tend to think Henry puts in work but CB is a spot that requires seasoning and up until this year he was not well coached IMO.

Just mental errors that creep into his game all the time. He can't stay consistent for 90, he's an all star for 75 minutes and a bench warmer for 15. Unfortunately for him, CBs are an all or nothing prospect.

Richard
What's our starting 11 just tuned in

#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Bendik; Richter, Caldwell, Henry, O'Dea; Lambe, Laba, Hall, Silva; Braun, Earnshaw
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) substitutes: Frei; Califf, Morgan, Convey, Osorio, Bostock, Brockie

jloome
We just have no quality on the final ball in, the cross, the finish. We work hard enough, but how many times does Reggie have to put the same ball in to the same near post spot without realizing it's marked out, and that no one is coming in there? How many times do our wide players have to sky one over the box? Or right to the goalie?

Eek. Braun missed a sitter, Earnie missed a couple of good chances.

Earnshaw, Caldwell, Laba all played great. O'Dea was pretty suprisingly good at fullback, too.

Cursed right now. Final touch letting us down.

Stryker
05-18-2013, 04:57 PM
If Braun starts the second half I'm going to lose a boat load of confidence in Nelson .
Silva to midfield' Braun off for Brockie.

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 04:57 PM

With O'Dea at LB, Silva as a Striker, and Braun as a RM.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 04:58 PM
If we played our best game tactically in the diamnod why would we leave that, when our strength in attacking is down the middle not the wing.

This coach is out of his depth.

I don't see us being outplayed here tactically. Columbus has been doing the long ball over the top all game. Is that our midfield's fault?

We've had two gilt edged chances and muffed them both.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Rewinding to watch that goal... Braun picks up a stray pass and he has no speed. He gets caught right away. Gives the ball away and then Higuain splits Henry and Caldwell (who are also at fault here).

Why is Braun in midfield?????

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Rewinding to watch that goal... Braun picks up a stray pass and he has no speed. He gets caught right away. Gives the ball away and then Higuain splits Henry and Caldwell (who are also at fault here).

In my opinion here's there to receive a long ball on the flank from the defense then do a quick pass to a CM, Denmark used to play this way.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:03 PM

He's not, really. He's playing wide forward, as our offense is all being focused, deliberately, through their left side. When the team follows through on the buildup, that leaves Braun going to the back post, which makes sense. Defensively, he's supposed to gum up the wing.

He's a target forward, but they're not asking him to take part in the buildup, really, so I can see what he's trying for. And we have had chances. We just haven't finished them.

nonc
05-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Haha what a joke, thanks Nelsen. But not like I expected much after seeing Braun put in midfield and Earnshaw not on the bench. Prototypical TFC game through and through.

mowe
05-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Man we need some wingers in the worst way. And a forward who can finish. And a box-to-box mid to play next to Laba. The fullback situation needs to be improved as well.

TFCwestcan
05-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Well let's look at this way, we are not ahead, therefore we will come from behind.

Laba, lots of little things done right, subtle but effective. Let's bring on Brockie and Convey!

Jack
05-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure O'Dea has played there in the past, Jeremy.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:07 PM

I seem to recall something about it. He certainly has a good enough foot.

notthesun
He's not, really. He's playing wide forward, as our offense is all being focused, deliberately, through their left side. When the team follows through on the buildup, that leaves Braun going to the back post, which makes sense. Defensively, he's supposed to gum up the wing.

He's a target forward, but they're not asking him to take part in the buildup, really, so I can see what he's trying for. And we have had chances. We just haven't finished them.

That sounds nice but it's not what I'm seeing. He's been pushed back pretty far down that right flank and he's been involved in enough build up play. Not as much as down the left but he's still involved. And it cost us on that goal.

OgtheDim

Nonsense

Complete and utter nonsense put on here to prove your point.

Assuming you have MLS live, slow it down and watch:

A Columbus guy play a bad pass across the middle
Braun, rightly so, jumps on it.
He is tackled with a good tackle that gets the ball but is from behind.
Immediate pass to their Playmaker
turn and pass to their goal scorere

In no way is that Braun's fault.

None.

nonc
05-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Who knows what would've happened if Brockie, Convey and Bostock started in place of Earnshaw, Braun and Lambe. Maybe not a clusterf*ck in front of goal.

TFCwestcan
05-18-2013, 05:08 PM

According to Devos he has, a good option.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:09 PM
That sounds nice but it's not what I'm seeing. He's been pushed back pretty far down that right flank and he's been involved in enough build up play. Not as much as down the left but he's still involved. And it cost us on that goal.

He won a ball and then was stripped because Columbus outworked us by having two guys go in on the ball. I'd hardly call that his fault.

nonc
Caldwell looks great though i'll be honest.

ag futbol
Man we need some wingers in the worst way. And a forward who can finish. And a box-to-box mid to play next to Laba. The fullback situation needs to be improved as well.
Oh man that is depressing but true

Billy Hunt
05-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Was there any talk of Nelsen coming as player / manager here or was that not on the table?

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't think Braun is a winger. Although he does seem to be trying to find spaces, unlike Bostock and Ephraim, who are not really wingers either, he's not good enough on the ball or in defence.

I hope that Braun is taken out, Lambe is moved to the right, and Convoy put on the left. But, I don't think that's going to happen.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:12 PM
He won a ball and then was stripped because Columbus outworked us by having two guys go in on the ball. I'd hardly call that his fault.
But all said and done it was a pretty awful half by Braun. Missed chance aside, he took multiple bad touches and messed up a few other things as well

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 05:12 PM
OOOOOHH Convey

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Nonsense

Complete and utter nonsense put on here to prove your point.

Assuming you have MLS live, slow it down and watch:

A Columbus guy play a bad pass across the middle
Braun, rightly so, jumps on it.
He is tackled with a good tackle that gets the ball but is from behind.
Immediate pass to their Playmaker
turn and pass to their goal scorere

In no way is that Braun's fault.

None.

If we had a real winger in his position, he'd have enough speed to get away from that tackle.

And Nelsen just subbed him off.

Flipityflu
05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Was there any talk of Nelsen coming as player / manager here or was that not on the table?

nope, and for good reason...he's having a tough enough time with just the managing side without complicating it more by playing as well.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
But all said and done it was a pretty awful half by Braun. Missed chance aside, he took multiple bad touches and messed up a few other things as well

Yeah, true.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Lambe's last ball is always brutal.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM
squad selection still a problem and like I said before we are not maximizing our talent.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Lambe's last ball is always brutal.

That chance was looking real good too. Sigh.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Osario for lambe please !!!!!!!!

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:22 PM
At least Nelsen is going for it. Osorio for Hall, get a little more creativity in midfield.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:23 PM
squad selection still a problem and like I said before we are not maximizing our talent.
This is the first game where I'm a bit concerned. I could see the pragmatic side of it before, but today I'm just lost with the whole idea of asking Braun to do anything but play as a target and knock down balls.

Richard
05-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Winless in 9 games if we don't win today, let that sink in.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:26 PM
That was a stupid sub Hall is best tackler we have in the middle. Plus his play is more dangerous than lambe.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:27 PM
That was a stupid sub Hall is best tackler we have in the middle. Plus his play is more dangerous than lambe.

Tell it to Payne. We desperately need wingers that can make a difference and Osorio ain't a winger.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
That was a stupid sub Hall is best tackler we have in the middle. ..

You really don't rate Laba as a defensive option, do you? :)

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Tell it to Payne. We desperately need wingers that can make a difference and Osorio ain't a winger.

Its not about wingers its about football IQ.

Please brockie for Lambe, silva behind them brockie and earnshaw

ginkster88
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Jesus Earnshaw needed to put that in the middle there.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Its not about wingers its about football IQ.

Please brockie for Lambe, silva behind them brockie and earnshaw

Got your wish.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:33 PM
That was all chest, get off it Jason.

ginkster88
05-18-2013, 05:34 PM
DeVos can suck a fat dick.

"Certainly looked like a handball to me".

No, it wasn't actually clear from that angle you ass.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:34 PM
You really don't rate Laba as a defensive option, do you? :)

did you watch the game?!. He is not a better DM ATM in this league than Hall, he is weak he should player more advanced but still close enough to add a defensive contribution.

3man middle. LCM/CDM/RCM

width will come from our fullbacks and strikers its not a big deal wingers are not a Must they are a tactical preference.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Doneil tries to beat a guy in the box. Caldwell does the smart thing, twice, and just pumps it into the box.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Got your wish.

Hall would still be on the field in my wish but this is pretty close:D

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 05:38 PM
DoubleUp, did you note my smilie? I am watching the games. I just don't see it like you do. Happens.

You have a particular way you want to see TFC play. Others don't see it that way.

And, you and I are not going to agree on the defensive capabilities of Laba, which is again, why I used the smilie.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Wow we look much more dangerous:rolleyes:

notthesun
05-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Damn I really thought O'Dea was gonna strike that one.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:40 PM
DoubleUp, did you note my smilie? I am watching the games. I just don't see it like you do. Happens.

You have a particular way you want to see TFC play. Others don't see it that way.

And, you and I are not going to agree on the defensive capabilities of Laba, which is again, why I used the smilie.

I know! apologize. I m just really passionate about football and Tfc.

No disrespect meant! you're cool with me!!!g:D

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Man, good-Henry evil-Henry is in full force today

__wowza
05-18-2013, 05:43 PM
that last kick by bendik was brutal. absolutely brutal.

Dkolish3
man Bendik sucks at distribution

OgtheDim
All good DU. Well except that we can't seem to get a ball in to a danger area.

Richard
05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I blame Nelson for Bendicks retarded kicking. Tell your GK to keep possession you fool.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:45 PM
And from Matchday's iPhone push, I can tell you Glauber's real name is really long.(Leandro Honorato Glauber Berti).

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:46 PM
DeVos: that was a good play from Higuain .... after they play the corner offside give and go that never works, ever.

Dkolish3
05-18-2013, 05:47 PM
And from Matchday's iPhone push, I can tell you Glauber's real name is really long.(Leandro Honorato Glauber Berti).

Yeah but that happens with most South American's

Jack
05-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Higuain is the type of player we really need.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:48 PM
All good DU. Well except that we can't seem to get a ball in to a danger area.

I see us as ball possesion side, that still needs to gel.

but he should switch osario and silva. Osario doesnt distrbute the ball well from the CAM spot, needs more time on the ball.

Jack
05-18-2013, 05:50 PM
How many balls have we even played into their box in the past 20 mins?

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Was thinking the same thing! Maybe Columbus will give us theirs if we agree to keep the lights on over there for 6 more months :D

Daze
05-18-2013, 05:52 PM
so why is nobody talking about how awful silva has been this season? not even nearly matching any of the signs of promise he showed last season. Everyone keeps talking about the disconnect between Midfield and the attack and a lot has had to do with Silva being completely ineffective.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:52 PM
As far as dire TFC games go, this is up there. Like 2008 levels of futility, nothing but long balls and 'hustle'

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM
so why is nobody talking about how awful silva has been this season? not even nearly matching any of the signs of promise he showed last season. Everyone keeps talking about the disconnect between Midfield and the attack and a lot has had to do with Silva being completely ineffective.

He is being played out of position majority of the time(No time develope in his role) and still physically to heavy(lack of explosiveness).

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Flashes of brilliance, but other than that one game, he hasn't put in a solid 90.

That being said hard to judge when ur entire attack is stagnant

69Chevy396
05-18-2013, 05:55 PM
He is he type of Argentine we need, but we signed another useless defensive mid in Laba instead. I am not impressed with him, plays with no heart, invisable out there.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 05:56 PM
This just needs time gel.

Jack
05-18-2013, 05:56 PM
He is being played out of position majority of the time(No time develope in his role) and still physically to heavy(lack of explosiveness).
Nonetheless, he has been ineffective. Two bad misses tonight.

jloome
05-18-2013, 05:57 PM
How did we end out getting the free kick against there? Good lord.

69Chevy396
05-18-2013, 05:58 PM
The best thing about this season: no regrets at having dumped our tickets. TFC is an awful team, again.

OgtheDim
Well we at least seem to have found our LB.

notthesun
He is he type of Argentine we need, but we signed another useless defensive mid in Laba instead. I am not impressed with him, plays with no heart, invisable out there.

He's made about as much of an impact a DM can make in this current team. He breaks up plays very well and is a pretty good passer. I don't know what you're on about.

Also, not that I'm suprised but O'Dea's crosses are so much better than Morgan's and Emory's, lol.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Have to disagree. He's not a battering ram but he gets in lanes and has a good passing range. Not every DM has to play like a battering ram

notthesun
05-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Missed chances, especially Braun's, did us in.

Daze
Laba sort of reminds me of a homeless man's Michael Carrick

OgtheDim
Ugh... two sitters missed.

Braun's still causing me to shake my head.

gracos
05-18-2013, 06:03 PM
I am disappointed with TFC; but not shocked that TFC couldnt make me proud today to call them my team; I dont know when enough is enough, i will stick with them until I die, but its just disappointing there really was no difference in todays game from almost any other game this year

flamehawk
Wow... I woke up at 5AM in Hong Kong, while on vacation, to watch this piece of shit?

nonc
Payne has done a lot of things well, just didn't get a coach in time for 2013!

__wowza
05-18-2013, 06:04 PM
This just needs time gel.

that's true, but im getting fairly tired of tuning into TFC games and hearing from the other teams broadcasters that it'd be a shame if they didn't pull 3 points out of toronto on the road. that's the kind've team we've been for far too long.

DoubleUp
05-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Nonetheless, he has been ineffective. Two bad misses tonight.

Jack we play long ball and we lack movement He is still young.

Like what was mentioned earlier he would be played on the wing ran ragged(not his game) and then become useless in the attacking 3rd.

in his role the 3 midfielders win the ball and put it on his boot and let him distribute the ball which is best quality(his vision).

Houston is the best exaample of his potentiall behind the striker since then we been using him as winger and striker(not his role's)

Only knock I'll give against him, is that he still is too heavy, he is a cheeseburger and half away from being taaarabt talent wise.

Jack
05-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Laba makes a good play to win the ball by sticking with the play for the second effort and then Silva and Osorio cough it up. Laba's passing is also pretty good (though he did have a couple of bonehead moves). O'Dea is our best left back, which is not a good thing. His distribution is better than Morgan's by a lot. We really need Ecks on the right. Richter tries, but....

I hope Payne can get us an offensive mid who can play ahead of Silva.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Sooooo.....what will we get from Nelson?

I'm betting on:

"We dominated that game but didn't take our chances."

69Chevy396
05-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Have to disagree. He's not a battering ram but he gets in lanes and has a good passing range. Not every DM has to play like a battering ram
Robinson was a defensive mid too, but he created a lot more offense (missed the target but at least he created some offense). He was better than any of the bums who followed. In MLS with the roster limitations you need versatile players, no point signing a Laba when your team loses every fucking game. My pre season prediction of 6 wins may have been wishful thinking.

Jack
05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Jack we play long ball and we lack movement He is still young.

Like what was mentioned earlier he would be played on the wing ran ragged(not his game) and then become useless in the attacking 3rd.

in his role the 3 midfielders win the ball and put it on his boot and let him distribute the ball which is best quality(his vision).

Houston is the best exaample of his potentiall behind the striker since then we been using him as winger and striker(not his role's)

Only knock I'll give against him, is that he still is too heavy, he is a cheeseburger and half away from being taaarabt talent wise.
I don't disagree with anything you say. There are lots of reasons why he's not been effective.

OgtheDim
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey, wait a second, I just realised:

We didn't give up a goal in the last 10 minutes!!!!

:party::party::party:

No?

Oh, ok.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Apparently O'Leary is speaking at the post-game press conference instead of Nelsen, lol

Richard
05-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Apparently O'Leary is speaking at the post-game press conference instead of Nelsen, lol

Thank God. I was just about to say that why should the coach be at every conference, its not like he has anything new to add.

69Chevy396
05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Thank God. I was just about to say that why should the coach be at every conference, its not like he has anything new to add.
Nelson is nothing more than next season's former manager. Hiring inexperienced managers is as dumb as voting For Rob Ford. Why not replace him next season with Tie Domi, or Better still, Mike Duffy.

ag futbol
05-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Robinson was a defensive mid too, but he created a lot more offense (missed the target but at least he created some offense). He was better than any of the bums who followed. In MLS with the roster limitations you need versatile players, no point signing a Laba when your team loses every fucking game. My pre season prediction of 6 wins may have been wishful thinking.
Gotta disagree, Robinson passed to the first player that would come into his line of vision, often straight into trouble.

Cronin was good but not strictly a DM per say, otherwise it's just not been a strong point for our team.

Stress
05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
My two cents from sitting in the north end:

- Laba was by far the man of the match. Had a good game but desperately needs quality around him to realize his full potential. Also seemed to be the only player with heart at the end as he was the only pissed at their time wasting and was trying to get the ref to deal with it.

- Braun should be canned. That sitter was too easy. If he can't finish that (for whatever reason - technical ability or pressure) he shouldn't even get a sniff. Also he coughed the ball up on their goal with what looked like a weak attempt at simulation.

- I think Lambe is a good depth player with his tricky speed but he struggles on the left because he can't cross with his left foot for shit. Wasn't overly impressed by Convey but I'm sure he'll be moving into that starting role soon. Hopefully with some time with the team and more fitness his contributions will be better.

- The long kicks and throw ins just aren't working. I might be wrong but I don't remember one threatening play that started with one. Time for a new plan.

ensco
05-18-2013, 07:12 PM
We were the worst team in the league, by a country mile, on March 1.

The fact that we still suck on May 18 is no surprise.

The focus on the sitters is a bit misplaced. The game could have (should have?) been over in the first half.

I say Nelsen is on track.

notthesun
05-18-2013, 07:20 PM
First game where I feel Nelsen made some serious tactical mistakes. Braun in midfield did not and was never going to work. Even though I don't like it I'd much prefer Silva in wide midfield with Braun up top instead. They said he was subbed off due to picking up a knock but I very, very much doubt that.

Starting Henry ahead of Califf makes no sense. And apparently O'Leary straight up said Califf isn't playing because they think they have better CBs ahead of him... so they rate Henry over Califf? If we don't trade Califf soon I'll be shocked.

Bostock seems to be just about done with us as well. If a player like him can't get into a game where we need a goal, you know it's bad.

Start Convey and Brockie next match. Keep O'Dea at LB because our other options there are awful. Hopefully Boss will be back to full fitness and he can pair Caldwell in the middle. Really need Ecks back on the right too.

nonc
05-18-2013, 07:23 PM
My two cents from sitting in the north end:

- Laba was by far the man of the match. Had a good game but desperately needs quality around him to realize his full potential. Also seemed to be the only player with heart at the end as he was the only pissed at their time wasting and was trying to get the ref to deal with it.

- Braun should be canned. That sitter was too easy. If he can't finish that (for whatever reason - technical ability or pressure) he shouldn't even get a sniff. Also he coughed the ball up on their goal with what looked like a weak attempt at simulation.

- I think Lambe is a good depth player with his tricky speed but he struggles on the left because he can't cross with his left foot for shit. Wasn't overly impressed by Convey but I'm sure he'll be moving into that starting role soon. Hopefully with some time with the team and more fitness his contributions will be better.

- The long kicks and throw ins just aren't working. I might be wrong but I don't remember one threatening play that started with one. Time for a new plan.

Well said, especially Laba.

69Chevy396
05-18-2013, 07:45 PM
We were the worst team in the league, by a country mile, on March 1.

The fact that we still suck on May 18 is no surprise.

The focus on the sitters is a bit misplaced. The game could have (should have?) been over in the first half.

I say Nelsen is on track.
On track all right, on a one way ticket to bum town. Anybody notice this team, despite its revolving door player movement is no better today than inthe summer 2007? Edu, Robinson, Dunivant, Dichio....all better than the UK rejects we have now.

ensco
05-18-2013, 08:02 PM
^It makes me cry to say it, but the 2007 team (when healthy in midseason) might have been out best side in our history.

Doesn't matter now.

Nelsen is not Winter or Mariner, obviously springing massive leaks after 8 weeks.

billyfly
05-18-2013, 08:06 PM
We looked like crap today.