PDA

View Full Version : TFC int spots

Yohan
05-09-2013, 09:53 AM
We are currently way over the limit, unless TFC magically acquired int spots, or guys like Eck or Lambe got permanent residency status

Derko
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
We are currently way over the limit, unless TFC magically acquired int spots, or guys like Eck or Lambe got permanent residency status

I am beginning to wonder the same

Initial B
05-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Do you think that MLS is throwing us a bone, just so Payne has a chance to stanch the bleeding? I can't help but wonder if Payne sent a report to MLS soon after he took over explaining how deeply screwed up TFC's organization was.

I shudder to think what TFC would look like if Anselmi/Mariner were still in charge. I'm sure TFC would have been moved/folded by the end of the 2014 season. It might almost be too late now.

Yagbod
05-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Other than for the sake of curiosity I am not sure why anyone cares.

I suspect that TFC are getting the LA Galaxy treatment right now. I believe things will make less and less sense in terms of league 'rules' for TFC.

I, for one, am going to keep my mouth closed about it and hope it works out. 5 DPs here we come!

Ultra & Proud
05-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I, for one, am going to keep my mouth closed about it and hope it works out. 5 DPs here we come!

This is my plan too. Nice to be on the greener side of the fence for a change. Now it's up to the brass to make these 'discrepancies' work for us.

Oldtimer
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?33013-2013-Salary-Cap-Roster-Discussion/page5

Derko
05-09-2013, 12:02 PM
This is my plan too. Nice to be on the greener side of the fence for a change. Now it's up to the brass to make these 'discrepancies' work for us.

Rules: have certain properties that can result in bending tolerances far beyond the usual breaking point :hump:

Alonso
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Well it's good to know that we have graduated to the LA Galaxy and NYRB ranks and will now have free reign to sign who and what we please and when we like.

SiguenzaFC
05-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Maybe they will release an international soon?

notthesun
05-10-2013, 02:14 AM
If we don't release someone or acquire a slot or two by the Columbus match I'm just going to assume Garber is doing us a solid.

Yohan
05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Bostock, Brockie, Caldwell, Earnshaw, Eckersley, Koevermans, Laba, Lambe, O'Dea

When Ephraim's loan finishes and Koevermans get activated again, TFC will be int spot compliant again. Though unless more moves happen, no int spots for summer window.

BuSaPuNk
05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Ephriam is heading back to QPR.

@24thminute: @BuSaPuNk @JohnMolinaro @jasondevos They indicated that he's going back, yes

Looks like one is opening up.

T-boy
05-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Bostock will be next out when we need a spot opened for another signing. Then I expect Lambe to go when we get an upgrade.

Relja
05-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Ephriam is heading back to QPR.

@24thminute: @BuSaPuNk @JohnMolinaro @jasondevos They indicated that he's going back, yes

Looks like one is opening up.

Hogan Ephraim has no future at QPR despite the club’s relegation.
Ephraim, currently on loan at Toronto, was a key squad player for the R’s in the Championship.
But while Harry Redknapp is minded to use Alejandro Faurlin after his loan spell at Palermo, Ephraim is not in the Rangers manager’s plans.
Redknapp said: “Faurlin is a decent player. He’s coming back. He’s a good footballer, I like him and he’s a good lad.
“Hogan’s gone to Toronto to play and I think he needs to move on and have a go somewhere else now.”
Ephraim, 25, is under contract at QPR until 2014.

Got this from: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-way-back-for-ephraim-at-qpr-555454

Mind you its from May-10th

BuSaPuNk
05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Interesting...now I wonder why if QPR doesn't want him back jut terminate the loan deal? Especially if we were going to send him back?

jloome
05-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Interesting...now I wonder why if QPR doesn't want him back jut terminate the loan deal? Especially if we were going to send him back?

We need the int'l slot for Koevermans. With the one we got in trade and Morgan leaving, sending Ephraim homes means Danny probably plays either this week or next.

BuSaPuNk
05-21-2013, 10:52 AM
I knew that. Koevs is close to return so this takes the spot. Then I guess it buys them time to look at who else they might release from contract or loan come the summer transfer window.

rowjimi
05-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Does a dp fall into the international spot category? Some of the roster rules are hard to understand.

Oldtimer
05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
^Yes.

Dreadlocks
05-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Hogan Ephraim has no future at QPR despite the club’s relegation.
Ephraim, currently on loan at Toronto, was a key squad player for the R’s in the Championship.
But while Harry Redknapp is minded to use Alejandro Faurlin after his loan spell at Palermo, Ephraim is not in the Rangers manager’s plans.
Redknapp said: “Faurlin is a decent player. He’s coming back. He’s a good footballer, I like him and he’s a good lad.
“Hogan’s gone to Toronto to play and I think he needs to move on and have a go somewhere else now.”
Ephraim, 25, is under contract at QPR until 2014.

Got this from: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-way-back-for-ephraim-at-qpr-555454

Mind you its from May-10th

I posted this in this thread when the story first came out. He may be going back to QPR but based on redknapps comments, I don't think he'll be playing much; and would he want to when the manager clearly said he needs to play somewhere else. Not sure if QPR can release him but as the article states, he's with them till 2014.

Anyway, based on what I've seen, not sure he'll be playing much here either.