PDA

View Full Version : Oughton New TFC Assistant Coach

dantdot
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=422705

dantdot
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/duncan-to-leave-crew-to-join-tfc-coaching-staff.1987055/

KKKrew fans are not amused.

Richard
05-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Getting a bit crowded on the touchline, someone is getting the boot.

evermorian
05-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Getting a bit crowded on the touchline, someone is getting the boot.
I hope it is Jim Brennan. I don't think he is a great coach.

West220Side
05-08-2013, 04:48 PM

I'm thinking he's more of a good personality to have around then a great coach, but certainly if you look back at Doneil Henrys interview where he speaks to how Brennan inspired the Canadian boys in the first leg. Shows he's got SOME coaching intelligence.

Move him upstairs, wouldn't want him fired.

evermorian
05-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm thinking he's more of a good personality to have around then a great coach, but certainly if you look back at Doneil Henrys interview where he speaks to how Brennan inspired the Canadian boys in the first leg. Shows he's got SOME coaching intelligence.

Move him upstairs, wouldn't want him fired.

I must have missed that interview. Moving him upstairs would be a good idea. Maybe give earl cochrane the boot and give Brennan that job? In an almost perfect world anyways. I always associate Brennan with Mo Johnston but i'm sure he has some coaching skills, although one needs more than being a good motivator to be a decent coach.

TFC07
05-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Is there a limit for assistant coaches? If not, then maybe no one is moving.

Flipityflu
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM

just curious what you are basing this on?

ag futbol
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Have to say my sneaking suspicion has been in line with that of the OP. I don't want to say anything explicit, but the whole transition from player to front office just rubbed me the wrong way. It just doesn't all add up.

Give me a guy like Darren Bent or Danny Dicho who's willing to start at the bottom.

Flipityflu
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Have to say my sneaking suspicion has been in line with that of the OP. I don't want to say anything explicit, but the whole transition from player to front office just rubbed me the wrong way. It just doesn't all add up.

Give me a guy like Darren Bent or Danny Dicho who's willing to start at the bottom.

i don't have an opinion on the matter since i have no clue of his coaching ability....just curious if there was something out there to lead to the bad coach label.

evermorian
05-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Brennan as assistant coach more has to do with the connections he has within the club rather than one that is based on his coaching skills in my opinion. He got promoted to assistant GM more because of his ties with Mo Johnston than his acute business skills. Once Mo got trounced, the new management saw no use for Brennan so gave him an assistant coaching job because MLSE at that time did not like firing any of their upper level employees, and Anselmi was focused on developing Canadian coaches and management, hence why him and cochrane were able to stay around. This is all just my opinion and how i've read his history of the club. Who knows, maybe he is an ok coach, but from the way I see it he isn't there because he deserved it but because of his connections with the front office.

West220Side
05-08-2013, 06:22 PM
We're always out to get somebody sacked, yesterday it was Eckersley today its Brennan! Give your heads a shake!
Welcome Duncan Oughton!
Plus we pissed off the fucking crew. It's been a good day, hopefully we get a win tonight.

Eastend
05-08-2013, 06:23 PM
We're always out to get somebody sacked, yesterday it was Eckersley today its Brennan! Give your heads a shake!
Welcome Duncan Oughton!
Plus we pissed off the fucking crew. It's been a good day, hopefully we get a win tonight.

Ha Ha!

evermorian
05-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Welcome Duncan Oughton!

Haha, thats true, there's always people wishing that there will be people sacked, especially at a club such as Toronto FC. I think Oughten is a great addition to the coaching staff. I'm just not a big fan of Brennan or Cochrane being a part of this club. Anyways, was Oughten in charge of the defense or offense at Columbus?

valeo
05-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Kiwi Revolution ;)

Yohan
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
A story from a Crew supporter

It will suck not seeing Duncan walking around the stadium before games....one interaction I will never forget, it was the first match after Urso had passed away and Higuain's first game. I had was wearing my Urso jersey during the game, and after was standing in autograph alley to get Hig's signature, having a good time with my buddies. I feel a tap on my shoulder , it's Dunc's, "Hey I just want to tell you I love the jersey and thanks for the support, I'd like to buy you a beer." I had told him no thanks, but he insisted on buying one. Was he the greatest player to wear the black and gold? no, but things like that make you really like the guy....what other sport would have a former player buy you a beer simply for wearing a jersey?