PDA

View Full Version : But I thought Hucks wouldn't play on our turf :-)

Stugatzo
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
From the scouting report...

"The Quakes strengthened their team this week by signing forwards Darren Huckerby (#6) and Scott Sealy (#33). Huckerby joins from the English Championship, whilst Sealy moves from K.C. Wizards."

Hmmm...
:D

olegunnar
07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
From the same scouting report...looks like he'll be on the bench

• The win also came on a night when the club introduced the just-signed Darren Huckerby and Francisco Lima to the media. They did not dress for the game, but should be ready, along with the newly acquired Scott Sealy, to see action for the Toronto FC match.
• "Like Darren (Huckerby) said, he's only trained once in two months, so it'd be a little tough for him to be thrown out there, but hopefully he can be on the bench. I don't want to force him into anything he's not quite comfortable with. The same with (Francisco) Lima. We'll see how he feels," Yallop said. "Scott Sealy will probably be available, because he's played in MLS and he's fit and raring to go. but they might all get some time."

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080717&content_id=173693&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

GabrielHurl
07-18-2008, 12:10 PM
how ironic would it be that he gets hurt here on Saturday?

Rawkus_420
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM

marshall is going to break his knees

Jimmy The Saint
07-18-2008, 12:45 PM
marshall is going to break his knees

Marvell Wynne's patented 2-handed shove is required.

Right into the south-end barriers.

:boxing:

Dirk Diggler
07-18-2008, 01:52 PM

That would horrible actually. For us that is. It would just prove his point about the turf being potentially dangerous for him. Don't think the news of his injury will go be taken in stride by potential TFC signing targets in the future.

Kevvv
07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
In other news, coach Yallop won't be on the touchline, due to an ejection last game. Also, Huckerby can only be added to the line-up if his paperwork has gone through (ITC & visa: http://sjearthquakes.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080714&content_id=172714&vkey=pr_sje&fext=.jsp&team=t110)

rocker
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
the guy won't help San jose this weekend. he hasn't played in a few months, hasn't been training (more like on holidays visiting Toronto and LA and San jose)...
his phobia of field turf will always be there too... no worries about him.

TicTacTabarnack
07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
That would horrible actually. For us that is. It would just prove his point about the turf being potentially dangerous for him. Don't think the news of his injury will go be taken in stride by potential TFC signing targets in the future.

Hmmmm ... I wonder what will happen if anyone gets seriously injured during the all star game in that case? Would be interesting to see the massive bad press on FieldTurf from something like this.

Kickit09
07-19-2008, 01:11 AM
grass is for girls.... real men play on turf

S_D
07-19-2008, 08:49 AM
In the Sun today:

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/07/19/6205306-sun.html

The 32-year-old Huckerby said he came tantalizingly close to signing with TFC just last week, but the thought of both playing and practising on Field Turf at BMO was the deal breaker that sent him to San Jose.
"I was real close to choosing Toronto," he said after a training session at Lamport Stadium yesterday in preparation for today's 3 p.m. match against TFC at BMO Field. The pitch (BMO) was a big issue and until that gets changed a lot of players are going to be unsure about coming to Toronto."

"Robo tried hard to get me to sign, telling me the pitch wasn't too bad really," he said. "But it just kept coming back to the turf and that was the deciding factor."

And from Obrien:

"It wasn't playing on the turf that bothered me," O'Brien said. "It was playing and practising on it that did me in."
so now we know for sure... straight from the man's mouth