PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Game 9: Toronto at Colorado, Sat 5 May, 9pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
05-02-2013, 12:49 PM
We will see what this team is made out of by the response they put out for this game.

TFC has never been really good at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. The altitude is a bitch to deal with, esp considering TFC played on Wed. Tired legs plus altitude and fitness is going to be an issue.

Colorado has the worst injury crisis ever, and essentially playing with their 'B' team right now. Even then, they are getting results, backstopped by Clint Irwin who is putting on a show on goal. Unlucky to get only a draw at Houston for their last game. I wouldn't underestimate Colorado.

A draw would be a fantastic result. But all I want to see is TFC to play with some pride

Marc"2L"
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
This game should tell us a lot about where we'll end up at the end of the summer, we need points if we want to flirt with the playoffs and ultimately drop off in August.

OgtheDim
05-02-2013, 01:18 PM
We could do with an early goal created through nice link up play and a fine shot.

TFC07
05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Must win game now! Draws aren't good enough anymore if we want to make it to the playoffs. After last game, I except the players to be playing with a lot of heart and pride.

Auzzy
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Playoffs? Yhgtbfkm!

TFC07
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Playoffs? Yhgtbfkm!

Why not? If we can somehow manage to stay close to playoff race and get quality players during the summer time, then it's possible we can squeeze in the last playoff spot in the east.

Ultra & Proud
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Why not? If we can somehow manage to stay close to playoff race and get quality players during the summer time, then it's possible we can squeeze in the last playoff spot in the east.

Because this is supposed to be a building year and the last thing I personally want to see is us try to load up pricey players in the summer to take a run at it and then be stuck with overpaid shite. For reference look at our first 6 seasons.

TFC07
05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Because this is supposed to be a building year and the last thing I personally want to see is us try to load up pricey players in the summer to take a run at it and then be stuck with overpaid shite. For reference look at our first 6 seasons.We already signed one DP and there's more players (including a rumour DP) coming during the summer. When comes to signing players, I think KP has done a decent job of getting players for good deals (though I personally don't like transfer fee for Laba, but he only counts $200K in salary cap). We have to trust KP and his abilities to sign players without killing cap space.

ProfessorDamage
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
To this day when i think of TFC playing at Dick's, I picture Julian fucking De Guzman jumping out of the way of a free kick as it hurtles into our net. Bad vibe about Saturday, but TFC may be looking to make a statement after last night, so it might at least be entertaining. Either that, or, you know, Paul Beirne will be tweeting at their FO, congratulating them on a win.

Detroit_TFC
05-02-2013, 02:15 PM
We'll have a better line up and Colorado is vulnerable. If the boys' heads are still in Montreal, we'll lose. We'll just have to see what happens.

Yohan
05-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Laba apparently is cleared to play. Assuming none of the injured guys are available

-----------Bendik
-Richter-Boss-ODea-Morgan
-Lambe-Hall-Laba-Bostock
-----------Silva
---------Earnshaw

I'd very much love to sit both Richter and Morgan out of this one, but no choice

Phil
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Because this is supposed to be a building year and the last thing I personally want to see is us try to load up pricey players in the summer to take a run at it and then be stuck with overpaid shite. For reference look at our first 6 seasons.

Oh thank goodness some see the light at the end of the tunnel. Long term is more than 1 year....hard to understand with the parade of coaches and players but we need to think bigger.

Auzzy
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
As per Twitter, the only players not travelling to Colorado (& San Jose) are Dunfield & Ecks. Koevermans is coming along to continue with his "preseason" training. I think the other FBs (Russell & Emory) are close even if not fully fit yet. My guess is one of them (probably Emory) plays on Saturday.

Yohan
05-02-2013, 05:30 PM
for those of you keeping score, 5 out of last 7 games that TFC gave up a goal 89mins or later.

Auzzy
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Taking a closer look at Colorado's record this season: they don't seem as good at home as they have been in the past. Also, their overall record this season isn't much better than TFC -- they are also one of the teams closer to the bottom of the league.

Colorado: 2 wins, 4 losses, 3 ties, 9 points, 9 games played, 1 point per game, -2 goal difference
TFC: 1 win, 3 losses, 4 ties, 7 points, 8 games played, 0.88 points per game, -2 goal difference (with more goals both scored & conceded by TFC)

Colorado's home & away goal difference are the same so far this season -- surprising given the altitude of their stadium. I suppose it may depend on their exact home & away opponents so far, their injury situation for different games, etc. The MLS website is incredibly slow for me at the moment, so I can't look up more details right now.

Given the altitude & everything else, I would be especially concerned about TFC players who put in lots of minutes yesterday (plus last weekend in many cases), and are normally part of Nelsen's "first team." I'm thinking in particular of any FB from last night that can't be replaced tomorrow -- as they suck anyway, and will also be tired, shell-shocked, and insecure. (Emory & Russell are travelling with the team, but no idea if they will be fit yet for Saturday.) Earnshaw also worries me in particular -- he put in lots of miles the past two games. Some of the midfielders also played significant minutes -- but there's a bit more flexibility there, with Laba coming in, and a bit of squad rotation possible.

A big problem: TFC have done better when they applied lots of high pressure from the start, attacked in numbers with the ball, etc. You can't do that for 90 minutes in Colorado.

Sadly, I'm expecting absolutely nothing. I hope they rebound & don't embarrass TFC again. For a coach that preached building from a solid defense, last night & also the late breakdowns in other games are hugely embarrassing.

(Next Wednesday in San Jose doesn't get any easier. Given the Goonies penchant for late goals, TFC better be carrying a 3-goal lead into injury time if they're hoping to come out with a tie...)

notthesun
05-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Emory might be able to come back for this one I thought. If so, sit Morgan. #NastyLeftBench

I don't care to discuss our prospects of winning or tying or whatever. After the embarrassment in Montreal all I want to see is some heart, some fire from the guys. That was the first game under Nelsen where we gave up and I hope it's the last.

Abou Sky
05-03-2013, 05:59 AM
for those of you keeping score, 5 out of last 7 games that TFC gave up a goal 89mins or later.

So we need to be ahead by two goals ;-)

Abou Sky
05-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Emory might be able to come back for this one I thought. If so, sit Morgan. #NastyLeftBench

I don't care to discuss our prospects of winning or tying or whatever. After the embarrassment in Montreal all I want to see is some heart, some fire from the guys. That was the first game under Nelsen where we gave up and I hope it's the last.

That is really all I wanted out of this season. Just play with heart.

I coached a Futsal team that lost EVERY game last year, 8 year old kids didn't give up, my pro team had better not either.

Oldtimer
05-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Playoffs? Yhgtbfkm!

+1
People get delusional in Toronto. Then they get angry because their improbable expectations weren't met.

I actually have a good feeling about this game. I expect a draw.

Joe Kool
05-03-2013, 08:33 AM
I have no feelings about this game. Still numb from Wednesday. I think TFC will get tired later on so they need to make an impact (no pun intended) in the first half then hold on for the second half. Looking forward to seeing Laba if he plays.

Dreadlocks
05-03-2013, 08:48 AM
i don't know what's going on with Laba's eligibility to play on Saturday but I just saw him on King street on my way to work. Has the team not left for Colorado?

Auzzy
05-03-2013, 10:07 AM
i don't know what's going on with Laba's eligibility to play on Saturday but I just saw him on King street on my way to work. Has the team not left for Colorado?

I haven't seen any tweets about the team flying out, so maybe they're still in Toronto & leaving this afternoon. Nelsen did clarify that Laba is eligible to play & would be coming on the trip. Still possible of course that somebody lost his passport... ;)

GBV
05-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Is this game even on TV?

The spot at the official website that lists the TV channel is blank for this game.

Joe Kool
05-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Is this game even on TV?

The spot at the official website that lists the TV channel is blank for this game.

Sportsnet Ontario at 9PM

Yohan
05-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Sportsnet Ontario at 9PM
moved to the Score at 9pm

mastermixer
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Rogers bought this channel up too. So I guess we have to deal with the scrolling score board at the bottom of the game then?

Kayaker
05-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Also, this game is MLS stream of the week:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stream-of-the-week

jloome
05-03-2013, 11:41 PM
---------------Bendik-----------
Russell----Boss--O'Dea----Emory
----------Laba-----Hall----------
--Bostock-----Silva--------Lambe
-------------Earnshaw------------

MG42
05-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Well that's great, move it to a channel that you need the extra package for. This team is infuriating

v00d00daddy
05-04-2013, 08:56 AM
---------------Bendik-----------
Russell----Boss--O'Dea----Emory
----------Laba-----Hall----------
--Bostock-----Silva--------Lambe
-------------Earnshaw------------

WIth those fullbacks I'd be worried that Bostock and Lambe would have a lot of work to do to work balls in to the middle of the park. Relying on Hall and a guy who has never played for us before to be the only links between the back line and silva is worrisome.

We shall see.

denime
05-04-2013, 09:06 AM

BINGO !!!

I can care less about playoffs this year.It's time to build this team so it will last a bit longer than one season.

I would be ok with a tie tonight,win would make me happy.:drinking:

Walms
05-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I’m still mad, hurt, and embarrassed by the loss to Montreal on Wednesday. I have no desire to watch the match tonight; in fact I’d rather avoid it entirely. Yet something inside is calling, and come 8:30 tonight you can bet I’ll be throwing on the jersey, wrapping the scarf around my neck & heading to the bar….. That’s just what we do as supporters.

billyfly
05-04-2013, 10:31 AM
This game is on May 4th - Star Wars day.

flamehawk
05-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Well, Wolves officially relegated today with a whimper, losing 2 - 0 to Brighton. Players attempted to give their jerseys to the fans, but the fans promptly threw their shirts back on to the pitch apparently.

... I would say at least I got TFC to cheer me up, but last time I said that...

gate7
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
BINGO !!!

I can care less about playoffs this year.It's time to build this team so it will last a bit longer than one season.

id be happy with not looking like ass clowns...

oh, and don't worry 'bout the playoffs ...... It ain't happening.

gate7
05-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I’m still mad, hurt, and embarrassed by the loss to Montreal on Wednesday. I have no desire to watch the match tonight; in fact I’d rather avoid it entirely. Yet something inside is calling, and come 8:30 tonight you can bet I’ll be throwing on the jersey, wrapping the scarf around my neck & heading to the bar….. That’s just what we do as supporters.
if it wasn't for Laba's debut id be resting my eyes too...

nlsanand
05-04-2013, 03:14 PM
id be happy with not looking like ass clowns...

oh, and don't worry 'bout the playoffs ...... It ain't happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

immediately thought of this.

Abou Sky
05-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Anyone want to meet up for the game or is everyone watching hockey?

69Chevy396
05-04-2013, 05:05 PM
BINGO !!!

The team needs to make a drive for the playoffs. They should spend as much money as it takes. The previous years money was spent by dimwits who made poor choices. Frings was popular, but a stupid signing given his age and propensity for injury. Ruis was a dumb move. JDG was a flop. Etc etc. Montreal is teaching us. Seattle, San Jose etc. No shortage of quality players every year, but our team fucks up most of the time. Look around BMO. Notice the empty seats? Notice how quiet the place has become? The measure of TFC success transcends the hopes and wishes of a few thousand supporters. Without building some excitement via a playoff run this team may be doomed.

Yohan
05-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Free stream of the week on mlslive btw

Corpand
05-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Laba play. I really do think he will help keep shape in midfield, especially around the 90th. Are clubs in Argentina at altitude too by the way?

Abou Sky
05-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Laba play. I really do think he will help keep shape in midfield, especially around the 90th. Are clubs in Argentina at altitude too by the way?

Not Buenos Aires, it is basically sea level

Abou Sky
05-04-2013, 06:02 PM
The team needs to make a drive for the playoffs. They should spend as much money as it takes. The previous years money was spent by dimwits who made poor choices. Frings was popular, but a stupid signing given his age and propensity for injury. Ruis was a dumb move. JDG was a flop. Etc etc. Montreal is teaching us. Seattle, San Jose etc. No shortage of quality players every year, but our team fucks up most of the time. Look around BMO. Notice the empty seats? Notice how quiet the place has become? The measure of TFC success transcends the hopes and wishes of a few thousand supporters. Without building some excitement via a playoff run this team may be doomed.

I agree that for the sake of longevity the team needs to be better but to just try to make it this year is short sighted.

Likely the revolving door is still turning and we will have a better year next year.

Cashcleaner
05-04-2013, 06:34 PM

I sent the numbers to NASA to figure out those odds. They have yet to get back to me.

http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/still-image/compaq/compaq.server.102640484.lg.jpg

gate7
05-04-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

immediately thought of this.

lol exactly!

notthesun
05-04-2013, 07:15 PM
TFC XI: Bendik; Richter, Agbossoumonde, O'Dea, Emory; Lambe, Hall, Laba, Ephraim; Silva, Earnshaw.

Bench: Frei; Califf, Henry, Russell, Osorio, Welshman, Bostock

Good lineup from Nelsen, exactly what I'd put out under the current circumstances. Up to the guys to put out a solid effort now.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
That looks to me like a 4-1-3-1-1 going forward and a 4-2-3-1 in defence.

I wonder how Hall is going to deal with not having to be the destroyer?

Rudy
05-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Morgan isnt on the bench either.

Dkolish3
05-04-2013, 07:59 PM

It's somewhat amazing how far he has fallen.

KGH
05-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Quite the message

mowe
05-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Oh man I am so excited to see this lineup in action! Maybe I have too high expectations for Laba considering I've never seen him play but everything I've read about his game makes him seem a perfect fit in our midfield. Really looking forward to see what he can do with Ephraim on the wing and Silva in front.

Corpand
Good luck boys!

Dkolish3
Any streams?

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/184915/1/watch-colorado-rapids-vs-toronto-fc.html

PopePouri
Any streams?

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Anybody got a Canadian stream? Firstrow and MLS Live are the US one.

jloome
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Bah, my wife is watching Silver Linings Playbook (aka my 20s) and I have to watch the Colorado feed online. I hate Yankee commentators.

Dkolish3
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Bah, my wife is watching Silver Linings Playbook (aka my 20s) and I have to watch the Colorado feed online. I hate Yankee commentators.

In her defence it's a really good movie

:hide:

Soccerpro
05-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Next step for TFC management has to be to get some wingers....

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Ugh..Bendik punting it nowhere.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
After spending Wednesday night at Saputo, my support will never waiver. Enjoying this game from the couch on what has been a very beautiful day out in the country. Excited to see Laba's debut with the Reds.

Corpand
05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Anyone else see that Silva pass?

Dkolish3
05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Can't believe we survived that!

mowe
05-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Bendik comes up huge with the save.

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Wow, complete garbage by Richter to setup that chance.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Nice save on Earnshaw.

shwade
05-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Quick question: who are the longest serving members of tfc?
Did anyone on the squad play for the team back when it was really amazing to play at bmo ?

mowe
Aww Earnshaw could've done better there in front of goal.

OgtheDim
If we keep our fitness, these guys can be had.

Dkolish3
05-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Did anyone on the squad play for the team back when it was really amazing to play at bmo ?

Stephen Frei been around for a long time

Eastend
05-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Frei, and no.

Dom

__wowza
05-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Did anyone on the squad play for the team when it was really amazing to play at bmo ?

frei, followed by brennan.
wynne is currently playing for the other team at seventh for appearances.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Not much width (where have we seen that before) Lambe coming into the middle. Looks more like a 4-2-2-2

shwade
05-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Just Frei eh, new blood.

Auzzy
Is that Nathan Sturgis playing for Colorado?

Eastend
No connection on the passes.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Hmm....$52.80 for 4 tickets and food. Methinks we live in a different world.

Eastend
Is that Nathan Sturgis playing for Colorado?

Yes.

__wowza
im kinda wondering what everyone thinks of bendik now in terms of the trade with portland. most of us / the MLS considered him an afterthought.

Dkolish3
05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
im kinda wondering what everyone thinks of bendik now in terms of the trade with portland. most of us / the MLS considered him an afterthought.

It just shows me how easy it is to get a MLS calibre goalkeeper and that we shouldn't be paying enormous amounts for one

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 08:36 PM
He has been great so far. Has made some key saves in games that could have turned into complete disasters. Some of the post 80 minute goals this season were in no way his fault.

Ajax TFC
I believe Frei and Henry are the only players who were here before Winter came.

Eastend

I was happy with Kocic and I feel Bendik is a like for like.....maybe a few Fifa points better.

Dom

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Hmm.....seems like the Colorado guys have never watched a corner kick defended by a Rafae Benetiz team. Not sure I like the zonal marking but its not like we are the only ones using it.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Another Earnshaw chance for not.

Ajax TFC
That was a sexy pass from Hall into the path of Richter in space

Richard
WOW. Point blank.

AlanO
Earnshaw finally gets decent service and sends it into the crowd.

OgtheDim
Guys gotta score there.

gate7
05-04-2013, 08:40 PM
is Bendik flat footed or something?

__wowza
It just shows me how easy it is to get a MLS calibre goalkeeper and that we shouldn't be paying enormous amounts for one

that's true, MLS has always been great for keepers. especially when you consider the fact that kocic hasn't seen a match for the timbers. obviously that'll change when the season/US open picks up.

He has been great so far. Has made some key saves in games that could have turned into complete disasters. Some of the post 80 minute goals this season were in no way his fault.

i just didn't realize how young he was (he's 24). i meant in terms of the trade in general, johnson has been great with the timbers. 4 goals in 8 matches, i would've liked to see him with earnshaw. i wonder what bendik is making.

mowe
Great ball by Hall there, Earnie effort over the bar.

Eastend
Bendik does need work on his kicks....playing pass with the other keeper is useless.

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Hmm.....seems like the Colorado guys have never watched a corner kick defended by a Rafae Benetiz team. Not sure I like the zonal marking but its not like we are the only ones using it.

I was going to ask, that seemed a bit over the top from the commentators.

RE the field: there's watering it. And then there's greasing. This is ridiculous, both teams wiping out all over the place.

sully
05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I like what i see from laba so far. He 's winning balls and his passes ok. I'd liketo see him getting a bit up a field more.

PopePouri
05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Loving Hall now. Great passing.

Flipityflu
05-04-2013, 08:45 PM
coaches really need to start working on Bendik's distribution....awful

jloome
05-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Christ almighty Bendik has a foot. I'm glad we haven't lost him to the NFL.

Ajax TFC
05-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Lambe!!! You had the fucking shot on your good foot!! Why the FUCK would you pull that back to the middle?!?!?!?

__wowza
05-04-2013, 08:47 PM
firstrow just cut out on me, anyone got any other streams?

Corpand
Laba has not been too involved, still feeling his way out on the pitch.

Sully, I see the danger of Laba pushing forward too, he has a tricky change of pace which allows him to get in between the lines. Already see his movement improving with time.

jloome
Lambe!!! You had the fucking shot on your good foot!! Why the FUCK would you pull that back to the middle?!?!?!? We're playing ok but there's a decided lack of confidence from some players right now.

Eastend
05-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Is Rogers TV producing this broadcast?

PopePouri

AlanO
How is that not a free kick? Mullan dove head-first into Ephraim.

Richard
This game is very winnable. Also, is it me or does Ephraim really piss off everbody.

flamehawk

it's free on mlssoccer.com

jloome
That was a pretty thin "advantage" he played there; about ten yards, maybe?

__wowza
05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
it's free on mlssoccer.com

well fuck!

EDIT: im outside north america, just checked, doesn't work.
EDIT #2: found one!
EDIT #3: according to this ad, there are sexy singles in my area ready to meet me!! g:D
EDIT #4: I ALSO WON A FREE IPAD!! they just need my credit card number..

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Dive by Ephraim.

And that was a definite attempt by him to get a yellow on Harris before.

:violin:

Ajax TFC
05-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Loved the way Hall attacked the ball when Colorado was countering with numbers and won it back

jloome
05-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Dive by Ephraim. And that was a definite attempt by him to get a yellow on Harris before. :violin: Having said that, Harris is a pretty dirty player. He throws elbows like other people shake hands.

Richard
05-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Lamb with some good hustle to win the ball back. :)

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Silva with some nice hustle too.

jloome
05-04-2013, 08:56 PM
It's gratifying to play a team as bad as we are.

DoubleUp
No connection on the passes.

I wont speak on it.

Eastend
Not a totally bad half....aside from the distribution and passing

jloome
We're timid in attack; no one wants to run at anyone.

mowe
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
It's gratifying to play a team as bad as we are.

Sums it up.

Flipityflu
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
good away game first half

now to channel the winning machine that is the Toronto Maple Leafs

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Too bad, TFC had a couple of excellent chances they should have put away.

Man these US commentators are occasionally clueless, especially the colour guy.

Richard
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
These commentators are clueless. He just called Nelson an "Experienced coach".

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 08:59 PM
There seems to be a big fat hole behind Silva and Earnshaw.

PopePouri
05-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Labawatch: Looks like a great distributor. That pass off the outside of the boot to Lambe was sexy.

sully
05-04-2013, 09:03 PM
There seems to be a big fat hole behind Silva and Earnshaw. yeah.. There sitting back too much. I'd love to see laba play up further.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Laba's positioning has been excellent. My problem is we don't have anybody to link up as I have no clue as to where Lambe and Ephraim go when Laba makes a tackle.

Ephraim is going to run out of gas by 60.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 09:04 PM
yeah.. There sitting back too much. I'd love to see laba play up further.

Interesting concept!. I agree by the way.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:05 PM
yeah.. There sitting back too much. I'd love to see laba play up further.

That's not his game.

sully
05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
That's not his game. fair enough. Need laba 2

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Would have been nice if the Reds has finished one of their chances in the first half.

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Laba's positioning has been excellent. My problem is we don't have anybody to link up as I have no clue as to where Lambe and Ephraim go when Laba makes a tackle.

Ephraim is going to run out of gas by 60.

Perhaps Ephraim was told to go full out & expect a sub. Maybe Osorio and Bostock can do something off the bench. Laba's natural position is further back. You can tell we're really missing strikers with DK & Braun both out. Nobody can really take Silva's position when he gets pushed into the striker role -- that creates the hole behind the strikers.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
That's not his game.

I disagree!, I believe we have`nt seen anything when it comes to his attacking quality.

I`m not saying he is an attacking Wizard, but I believe he is far more offensive then we think.
you can`t play in argentina and not have some type of attacking sense as a central midfielder, its just the fact that there are players that are far more potent so essentially your services are`nt need.

Oldtimer
05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Buddle!!! :D

nonc
05-04-2013, 09:12 PM
can't believe how bad tfc treated avila, and for what, this wing play? lol. avila would still be one of our best players.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
It will be up to the Reds defenders to keep Buddle in check.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
can't believe how bad tfc treated avila, and for what, this wing play? lol. avila would still be one of our best players.

Wing play is overrated, especially when those said wingers are relatively inexperienced.

PopePouri
05-04-2013, 09:15 PM
I disagree!, I believe we have`nt seen anything when it comes to his attacking quality.

I`m not saying he is an attacking Wizard, but I believe he is far more offensive then we think.
you can`t play in argentina and not have some type of attacking sense as a central midfielder, its just the fact that there are players that are far more potent so essentially your services are`nt need.

He has 0 goals out of 60 odd appearances. What he supposed to be is a deep lying playmaker.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Every single bit of tape I've seen on him is he's a DM who lays off really well. Every bit of positioning I saw in that first half was consistent with that. Long term vision wise, he replaces Hall and Dunfield.

Ajax TFC
05-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Who's the PBP on the score? apparently Richter has become Bekker.

Ajax TFC
05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
And the wing wasn't even his best position. And he was on a below average salary, AND he didn't take up an international spot like all our current sub standard wingers

ag futbol
05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
If we stopped doing those long throws every time, I would not complain. It's easy to defend when you do it every time

notthesun
05-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Nice win of the ball from Laba there.

nonc
05-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Wing play is overrated, especially when those said wingers are relatively inexperienced.

haha what? ephraim is 25 and will command an inflated salary if signed. looks like a league 1 lifer.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM
He has 0 goals out of 60 odd appearances. What he supposed to be is a deep lying playmaker.

I addressed that Pope, in argentina he is what he is. In the MlS he could be something different...........Thats not impossible.

Pirlo started his career as an attacking midfielder now he is argubly the best deep lying playmaker in the world, payers changing they`re position is not unheard of. Who remebers the below average LB Gareth Bale.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 09:22 PM
haha what? ephraim is 25 and will command an inflated salary if signed. looks like a league 1 lifer.

I was pretty much agreeing with you!. but hey if you want to have Phantom arguments be my guess.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I addressed that Pope, in argentina he is what he is. In the MlS he could be something different...........Thats not impossible.

And not going to happen within a week of him being here just because the other midfielder is also a DM and we don't have a second decent striker.

That would be a long term project.

And, frankly, not worth the money we paid for him given we have a decent AM and DK coming back in a month.

nonc
05-04-2013, 09:27 PM
no matter what happens laba is fresh air.

ag futbol
05-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Something has to be adjusted with this long goal kick stuff. We're giving away the ball too often on low percentage crap.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2013, 09:28 PM
CSL alumni Irwin makes some big saves for the Rapids.

OgtheDim
Gosh these Colarado guys are clueless.

A guy kicks a guys leg.

Sure, its not a foul.

But its not freaking simulation.

notthesun
Laba wins the ball in midfield, turns, plays a perfect ball over the top to Silva and we get a good cross in the box. That's what we need more of in central midfield. Hard on the ball, smart distribution.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 09:30 PM
And not going to happen within a week of him being here just because the other midfielder is also a DM and we don't have a second decent striker.

That would be a long term project.

And, frankly, not worth the money we paid for him given we have a decent AM and DK coming back in a month.

Fair enough! but not asking him to be a AM, I am asking to play a bit more offensively thats all.

Richard
05-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Gosh these Colarado guys are clueless.

A guy kicks a guys leg.

Sure, its not a foul.

But its not freaking simulation.
You can rewind on MLS live. It was in fact a total simulation by Emroy. At 57:45

notthesun
05-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Did Emory really just dive while a cross was in mid-air coming straight towards his man?

ag futbol
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Fuck sakes, how many balls can we lob forward to nobody

notthesun
05-04-2013, 09:33 PM
This just in, Hall still can't defend 1v1.

__wowza
05-04-2013, 09:33 PM
This just in, Hall still can't defend 1v1.

to be fair, he did run it past 3 other people.

__wowza
05-04-2013, 09:35 PM
what the hell did they do to their pitch? ive seen at least 20 spills!

notthesun
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
to be fair, he did run it past 3 other people.

Hall's job to stop him initially though. He set himself and simply let him walk by. Laba was caught behind but at least he tried to get a tackle in.

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Ref is eyeballing the 10 yards and not pacing it off.

69Chevy396
05-04-2013, 09:39 PM
What is the score, or should I guess (we are losing)

AlanO
05-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Decent shot from Silva

ag futbol
05-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Hall's job to stop him initially though. He set himself and simply let him walk by. Laba was caught behind but at least he tried to get a tackle in.
At the point Hall got to him it's probably advisable to take the tactical foul though. With that much steam is O'dea really going to get there ? Don't think we want to count on that.

Brooker
05-04-2013, 09:40 PM
What is the score, or should I guess (we are losing)

A thrilling 0-0 game. It's almost as fun as playing solitaire.

Eastend
05-04-2013, 09:41 PM
This long ball game is killing me. Not much flow.

Oldtimer
05-04-2013, 09:43 PM
TFC is very undisciplined up front. The Rapids are very poor at finishing. Neither team is playing well.

Auzzy
That was a dive by Colorado to earn the free kick.

ag futbol
This long goal kick stuff is a joke. We 've gifted them the ball about 10x straight here. Just awful

Brooker
This long ball game is killing me. Not much flow.

I've been fighting the urge to start chanting Tony Pulis Barmy Army.

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Nelsen needs to make a sub FFS!

__wowza
This long goal kick stuff is a joke. We 've gifted them the ball about 10x straight here. Just awful

here comes another one for ya!

Richard
Everybody start holding your breath.

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Russell WTF???? Why not Osorio?

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Russel for Ephraim.

Oldtimer
05-04-2013, 09:48 PM
last 10 minutes. Another time to give up a late goal? :(

__wowza
05-04-2013, 09:50 PM
we need a sub, the guys look gassed.

DoubleUp
Russell WTF???? Why not Osorio?

Even though I prefer our second leading scorer(Osario):D, Russell has experience and in this Tfc team that counts.

So I personally dont mind that sub.

billyfly
Crap!!!!

Marc"2L"
Robbie's got to finish those.

69Chevy396
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks, I can feel better going back to my nose hair trimming

Ajax TFC
Earnshaw is in REALLY bad form right now. He needs a goal ASAP to get out of it

Richard
Are you serious.

billyfly
Thanks, I can feel better going back to my nose hair trimming

Kate Upton wont date you unless you trim.

Dkolish3
05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Well he did say he wanted to miss some chances right?

Marc"2L"
Figures.

ag futbol
Good first shift from laba.

Fuck !

billyfly
Crap!!!!!!

Ajax TFC
what the fuck was that? not only do you stop the ball and tee it up for one of the better strikers in the league, you fall over to give him a clean shot :facepalm:

notthesun
hahahahahahaha are you kidding me

Lowndes94
05-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Not even mad at this point

Red CB Toronto
That is BS, all I can say.

Dv23
Honestly, I'm laughing.

billyfly
Edison Buddle. figures

Richard
Fuuuucck this

KGH
05-04-2013, 09:54 PM
For fucks sake

Flipityflu
oh my

Oldtimer
last 10 minutes. Another time to give up a late goal? :(

Yep. #$%^&*&%#$%&&*%^

billyfly
This is Toronto. FML

Brooker
Oh there it is.

__wowza
http://i.imgur.com/TaTdV.gif?news

something tells me im going to be using this gif a lot this season..

TFC07
Defender costing a game for us again?

ag futbol
Awful mistake, but I hope people don't get tunnel vision on that because there are other problems out there

jloome
Oy vey.

Dkolish3
That was fucked up

TFC07
This is Toronto. FMLAt least the Leafs won.

OgtheDim
Words fail.

billyfly
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
You just can't make this stuff up.

Stryker
How bad do feel for a great keeper like Bendik playing behind these tits.

69Chevy396
[QUOTE=billyfly;1581406]Kate Upton wont date you unless you trim.[/QUOTE
Did you know she has the hairiest pusxxxxxy in Hollywood?

Auzzy
Bit early for that Colorado goal, don't you think?

DoubleUp
Sorry!. but I rather lose every game playing Osario then continue to play lambe.

ryan
I just burst out laughing. Making good money live betting against this team.

It's scummy, but why not.

Richard
05-04-2013, 09:56 PM
If I'm a match fixer I'm calling TFC right now.

Red CB Toronto
After Wednesday night in San Jose, the Reds need to regroup and figure this bs out because if they do not this season will go down the drain very quickly.

Rudy
i am not even mad or least bit shaken at this point.

notthesun
This team needs a LB, ho-lee shit. Emory dreadful and that gift-wrapped mistake tops it off.

Ajax TFC
Bendik :facepalm:

Initial B
05-04-2013, 09:57 PM
You could see his feet slip from underneath him as he went to clear it. If he doesn't go down, it doesn't go in. I'd like to see how the coach explains this one in the end of game press conference. When will he start bringing up "lack of quality"?

Marc"2L"
05-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Bendik :facepalm:

Surely you're not....

__wowza
maybe this is a pittsburgh defense, tank season after season and build a winning team after 3 years off your drafted players.

TFC07
TFC is playing very ugly soccer. Long ball after long ball. Whatever happen to playing attacking soccer? If we are going to lose, at least lose with playing an attractive brand of soccer.

69Chevy396
05-04-2013, 09:59 PM
So, are we winning yet?

OgtheDim
05-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Somebody needs to attack those thrown ins. Totally wasted if nobody tries to get on the end.

Stryker
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
maybe this is a pittsburgh defense, tank season after season and build a winning team after 3 years off your drafted players.

Ask the Oilers how that's workin out.

gracos
who was the player who fell down in the box, if that was Logan Emory he needs to know his time is coming to a close in Toronto; cant stand Emory ever since that intentional red card last year

Richard
TFC is playing very ugly soccer. Long ball after long ball. Whatever happen to playing attacking soccer? If we are going to lose, at least lose with playing an attractive brand of soccer.

It starts with the keeper, if they keep allowing Bendik to give up possession by booting the ball up field its all pointless.

MG42
too much to be coincidence.....

Ajax TFC
05-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Surely you're not....
not in any way blaming him for the goal, or any goal this season for that matter. He just needs to be banned from playing the ball long, because it's completely useless. I think he's connected with a red player twice today, and not a single other one was even close. But there are many other areas that need to be addressed as well

Oldtimer
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
That;s it boys. Good night.

SirBobSaget
The late goal mistakes are just comical. Its rarely the opponent creating the goal rather its a TFC dman gifting a goal.

Oh well at least threw away the CCL so can win some games on the road trip off of fresh legs.

notthesun
too much to be coincidence.....

It isn't coincidence, that's just not debatable. It's a mentality issue and it gets worse with each one we give up.

I am officially writing off this season today. I don't care about results anymore, I just want to see Payne build a team for next year.

Stryker
Number one need, a good LB to play opposite of a healthy Ecks.
Morgan, Emory and Ricktor all junk.

ag futbol
Logan Emory’s terrible mistake aside and the under-talented nature of our squad, I have some real concerns:

1) Why can’t we score on any set piece opportunity? For a grinder team like ours that can defend that should be our break and butter.
2) We wasted about 90% of our goal kicks on long hopeful balls looking for target men who aren’t great at bringing the ball out of the air. Bednik is not accurate with his kick, this
Basically, I have to wonder at this point if Ryan Nelsen has it together when it comes to organizing the attack. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s correctable. But at this point I have questions.

Marc"2L"
05-04-2013, 10:03 PM
not in any way blaming him for the goal, or any goal this season for that matter. He just needs to be banned from playing the ball long, because it's completely useless. I think he's connected with a red player twice today, and not a single other one was even close. But there are many other areas that need to be addressed as well

Oh, fair.

More beer

TFC07
05-04-2013, 10:03 PM
It starts with the keeper, if they keep allowing Bendik to give up possession by booting the ball up field its all pointless.End of the day, I wish TFC played more an offensive minded game. I am getting sick and tired of watching TFC playing too defensive/conservative. It hasn't been fun watching TFC in a while.

Richard
05-04-2013, 10:04 PM
How Nelson allows Bendik to boot the ball up field is beyond me. Possession football 101 starts from the back, you always pass the ball out if your not under pressure.

DoubleUp
It starts with the keeper, if they keep allowing Bendik to give up possession by booting the ball up field its all pointless.

Agree.! his only bad point imo.

But ball retention is part of my football philosphy, others might not see it as such a problem.

nonc
earnshaw is as much to blame as emory. not to mention nelsen's best mariner hoofball impersonation, just awful. i feel bad for silva and laba.

Red CB Toronto
TFC needs to make sweet hot love to each other and find that connection once again that could make this team so great.

Beach_Red
05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
If I'm a match fixer I'm calling TFC right now.

At this point I think I'd be happy to find out this is because of fixing.

gracos
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Possession = Shots = Shots on Net = Goals; why is it so simple to see yet management still doesn't seem to get it

Auzzy
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
All you can do is laugh.

69Chevy396
05-04-2013, 10:08 PM
I didn't watch the game. Spent a few hours with a large number of Toronto sports fans. None were aware that TFC was playing tonight. Friends, this better turn around fast or we will be without pro soccer here in a few years. Nobody gives a shit anymore

Initial B
05-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Laugh!? All I want to do is cry!

I'm going to bed.

Stryker
05-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Where is the effort to counter? Our players bring the ball up an open field like they're taking a Sunday walk.

DoubleUp
05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Possession = Shots = Shots on Net = Goals; why is it so simple to see yet management still doesn't seem to get it

Because we are trying to play like a midtable Epl side. I have nothing against the people but english football is nothing to replicate, its heavy on athleticisim and lacks tactical and techincal nuance.

Its organized kick ball.

__wowza
05-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Where is the effort to counter? Our players bring the ball up an open field like they're taking a Sunday walk.

the few times we build up a good attack, it normally ends with a low cross being cleared .

Ajax TFC
05-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Ask the Oilers how that's workin out.
Odd, I got a notification saying you quoted me here. Except obviously you didn't:confused:

reggie
05-04-2013, 10:13 PM
neilson....we are gutted....go fuck yr self...horseshack logan....is a piece of shit...u bunch of fucking schoolboys losers.....jus fold this shit

cochrdoc
05-04-2013, 10:15 PM
I have never seen any thing more comical then this team in the last 10 minutes.Pure shit.I thought they might sneak a win with a goal but their set pieces are poor and they can`t create anything with the run of play.The roster is alittle better then last year,but not much.Colarado has a b team out there and we can`t score.We have so many players who struggle .Plata is a much better player then Lambe

Soccerpro
05-04-2013, 10:17 PM
When was the last time TFC scored off of a corner kick? I can't ever recall seeing it.
We have a player with a long throw, do we score from it? No

Jeremy Hall and Hogan Ephraim contribute nothing. We need wingers, more than anything, in order to start taking the game to the opposition.