PDA

View Full Version : So be honest, what are you going to watch?

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 07:46 AM
What will you be watching from 7:30? I know I'll be watching TFC@the Impact

Stouffville_RPB
05-01-2013, 07:52 AM
I know I'm probably in the minority but my decision isn't even close. I'm watching TFC tonight.

bigredone
05-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Both, but happier with a TFC win of course.

Globetrotter
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Isn't Splash on tonight?

Afra
05-01-2013, 07:57 AM
picture in picture.....

lintberg
05-01-2013, 07:59 AM
No contest....TFC 100%

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Watching both - pretty hard to pass up on the first playoff game in 9 years. TFC will be front and center though - I'll be at the Duke, catching up on the Leafs score here and there.

ensco
05-01-2013, 08:06 AM
I actually think I can't watch either!

I shouldn't say this, but I have a bad feeling about tonight on both fronts.

WestStandGeoff
05-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Maybe if it actually was Leafs Stanley Cup I might have voted differently, but this is Leafs first-round playoffs...

TFC 100%!

MKR
05-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Can't believe i'm the first person to say this: Leafs 100%.

Followed by TFC on pvr

billyfly
05-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Flippin'

jabbronies
05-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Both - Leafs on the TV; TFC on the laptop

or vice versa depending on the situation.

Joe Kool
05-01-2013, 08:38 AM
TFC comes first for me 100% but I was initially thinking to jump over to the Leafs game to check up on the score from time to time. Now that someone mentioned PVR maybe I will do that and do the double feature....damn that sounds like a good plan too and I can skip all the commercials in the hockey game. I think I will do that.

eustacchio
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't be watching the Leafs game tonight regardless.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Can't believe i'm the first person to say this: Leafs 100%.

Followed by TFC on pvr

Just the first person to own up to it. You're in the majority.

I'll be at Joe's tonight with Canada tix so I'll "have the Leafs in the background" but I wouldn't watch it otherwise.

TFC is finishing a round tonight. The Leafs attraction isn't surrounding the result as much as the event.

Ben - D.O.W.
05-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Could be the Leafs in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final and I'd still only be watching TFC.

prizby
05-01-2013, 08:58 AM
this isn't even a close...i couldn't give a damn about the Maple Laughs...TFC anyday, and everyday...Leafs and the NHL can go to hell for all I care; 2 lockouts won't get me back watching.

ensco
05-01-2013, 09:02 AM
I wonder what the TV ratings for TFC will be tonight?

I'm guessing 0.0.

Canary10
05-01-2013, 09:05 AM
^ Good thing the first leg was last week. The home attendance for today could also have been 0.0.

trane
05-01-2013, 09:07 AM
I really do not give a shit about hockey.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
05-01-2013, 09:07 AM
^Didn't even occur to me that the Leafs will be on. I thought the question was asking whether I would watch Champions League on PVR or TFC live (Answer: TFC).

C.Ronaldo
05-01-2013, 09:10 AM
the half season has cheapened it for me, plus the leafs just dont look that good.

trane
05-01-2013, 09:17 AM
^Didn't even occur to me that the Leafs will be on. I thought the question was asking whether I would watch Champions League on PVR or TFC live (Answer: TFC).

That was my initial thought, but then I thought that makes no sense CL is in the afternoon.

T-boy
05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Who are these leaf people?

Phil
05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
I said I would check the leaf score, but the more I think about it, the more I have to acknowlege I won't give a shit about a hockey game given TFC is on. That channel wont move, maybe look at a score on the phone though.

QBall
05-01-2013, 09:44 AM
The Jays play tonight as well. Maybe it can be a Toronto sweep tonight. Of course that could also happen in a bad way as well. Either which way the remote is going to get a workout tonight.

ManUtd4ever
05-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I'll be flipping back and forth.

Pint
05-01-2013, 10:00 AM
When I get home I will be moving my tv to the basement so I can have 2 TVs going at once.

Canary10
05-01-2013, 10:01 AM
TFC for me.

NoNameboys
05-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Here we go with the soccer is best mentality, lol. I will be watching the Leafs. Its not every year your city makes it to the NHL playoffs.

mook-life
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Both

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Who are these leaf people?

http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780064438179

Darn good kids book.

Canary10
05-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Here we go with the soccer is best mentality, lol. I will be watching the Leafs. Its not every year your city makes it to the NHL playoffs.

Well, it kind of is unless you live in Toronto....

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 10:17 AM

The city? You've been listening to Fan590. Only hypesters suggest a city cares as a whole about a sporting event when its round 1. Lets see them make it to the finals before we start hyping it that big.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 10:18 AM

really? on a football supporters site? surely you jest...:rolleyes:

Its a simple equation if one supports their sports teams equally. Which team can clinch something tonight? The rest is sizzle.

mdc 77
05-01-2013, 10:21 AM
No doubt, no question the Leafs game. I love TFC but this is 9 years in the waiting. I'll check whats going on with TFC at commercials and intermission.

The ratings for TFC tonight are going to be something to see.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
No doubt, no question the Leafs game. I love TFC but this is 9 years in the waiting. I'll check whats going on with TFC at commercials and intermission.

The ratings for TFC tonight are going to be something to see.

Well Montreal fans will be watching tonight, the Habs don't play until tomorrow.

Couchy81
05-01-2013, 10:25 AM
If I was staying home I'd watch both for sure, one on laptop other on TV, but I'll most likely end up at a bar where there will be Leafs on every TV in the place, so it will come down to that.

mdc 77
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Well Montreal fans will be watching tonight, the Habs don't play until tomorrow.

I'll guess you'll see a good number of those watching Leafs/Bruins as well, if it was Leafs/Hurricanes or something along those lines maybe not but ratings for this tourney are not great to begin with.

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
The city? You've been listening to Fan590. Only hypesters suggest a city cares as a whole about a sporting event when its round 1. Lets see them make it to the finals before we start hyping it that big.Might as well be the finals since the Leafs actually made a playoff round. Since this is becoming a once-in-a-decade type thing, gotta hype it up you know - never know when this will happen again. ;)

Ajax TFC
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I've been a Leafs fan for as long as I can remember, and have never seen a playoff game. I listened to their playoff games on the radio since we didn't get a TV until 2005. So I will definitely be watching the Leafs game. l'll watch the TFC game afterwords.

MKR
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Its a simple equation if one supports their sports teams equally. Which team can clinch something tonight? The rest is sizzle.

I think that's over simplifying it.

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I imagine the few people who frequent this board constitute the majority of people who even have to deal with this quandary tonight. All I know is, there will be only two bars in town that are likely to have TFC on a couple of TV screens - the Duke and Joe's. Even the much vaunted Real "We show MLSE teams" Sports will likely have wall-to-wall Leafs, with maybe 1-2 TVs on the Jays game, nary a TFC match in sight.

trane
05-01-2013, 10:52 AM

What???? You are on what is supposed to be a footy supporters forum. What did you expect? You care about hockey, good for you. I do not care, I care about football more.

Is "soccer best"? Matter of opinion. But the fact is that football is the biggest MOST IMPORTANT sport in the world, hockey is only the most important in Canada.

dupont
05-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I'll be at a birthday party watching neither unfortunately :(

Dave67
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I'll be at night class from 6 -9. So I'll be grabbing Leaf updates on the school TVs and PVRing TFC to catch the whole game later.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 11:07 AM
really? on a football supporters site? surely you jest...:rolleyes:

I think that's over simplifying it.

Go ahead and complicate it then. If you're watching just the Leafs tonight because they finally made the playoffs it's the event and not the outcome of the game that's the draw.

I'm not trying to insult anyone for it.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I will be watching both. TFC game on the laptop while Leafs game on TV.

Brooker
05-01-2013, 11:12 AM
If we hadn't played in a tourny for the V-Cup in almost 10 years and Leafs made the playoffs all the time, I would watch TFC without a question.

But tonight it's the Leafs without a question.

hulkrogan
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
TFC!

Go Flames Go!

.... oh wait.... :(

Dreadlocks
05-01-2013, 11:18 AM
As a HUGE fan of both, here's my plan...

Picture in picture! the big picture will start off on the Leafs but may change depending on how the games are going. The audio, well I'm putting the TFC match on while having the Leafs on the radio!

Hope it works....

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 11:22 AM
The audio is going to be Dobson and Forrest.....you might want to think that one through again. :)

MKR
05-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Go ahead and complicate it then. If you're watching just the Leafs tonight because they finally made the playoffs it's the event and not the outcome of the game that's the draw.

I'm not trying to insult anyone for it.

i didn't take your initial post as an insult, nor was my post intended to be one, but saying one game is more important than the other because a team can clinch something tonight isn't really looking at all the things in play here. What exactly is TFC clinching? A chance to play another team in what is really a pretty small time tournament? Truth be told i have always viewed winning the voyageur's cup as a step towards getting into the group stages of the CL - if i was going to draw a parralel i'd equate making the CL as making the playoffs in the NHL.

Or wait even better how would we all feel if TFC made the MLS playoffs? We'd all go bananas and game 1 in that first playoffs would be 100% 'can't miss' event even though it wouldn't be a game that clinches something. Given what's it's been like to be a leaf fan these last 10 years or whatever and given that there's actually something to like about the team now and given that Leafs are my boyhood team, then the scale has pretty easily tipped in their favour. I still love TFC... it's no knock on them.

Jack
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
I have two monitors on my computer. I will watch both.

Sweeper
05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
TFC 100%....half time check of the leafs score though. The sportsnet half time shows just aren't gripping enough.

prizby
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM

it's not ever year the nhl says 'fuck you; we couldn't give a rats ass about you' to its fans

nascarguy
05-01-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm going to a bar that will have 40 tv's playing the leafs and the blue jays and TFC

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 12:11 PM
i didn't take your initial post as an insult, nor was my post intended to be one, but saying one game is more important than the other because a team can clinch something tonight isn't really looking at all the things in play here. What exactly is TFC clinching? A chance to play another team in what is really a pretty small time tournament? Truth be told i have always viewed winning the voyageur's cup as a step towards getting into the group stages of the CL - if i was going to draw a parralel i'd equate making the CL as making the playoffs in the NHL.

Or wait even better how would we all feel if TFC made the MLS playoffs? We'd all go bananas and game 1 in that first playoffs would be 100% 'can't miss' event even though it wouldn't be a game that clinches something. Given what's it's been like to be a leaf fan these last 10 years or whatever and given that there's actually something to like about the team now and given that Leafs are my boyhood team, then the scale has pretty easily tipped in their favour. I still love TFC... it's no knock on them.

Good. I didn't want to be inflammatory just discuss completely IME the different outlooks and priorities of the Toronto Sports fan. I understand so many celebrating what's become an important step in an NHL teams success and what you spell out very well is the NA fans POV.

To continue personal comparisons (and I realize fully I'm in a minority here) I would view tonight's game one in a series of seven of the first round as attractive as many have proven to find the Vcup in its entirety but the difference is that without that "tiny tourny" win there's no CCL later. NHL playoffs just does the same format again and again and relies on the tradition of it and the overwhelming coverage that feeds both hardcore and casual fans alike.

For example, if a casual fan of both were to choose to skip tonight's TFC match and catch up with them when they were in the CCL they'd be getting ahead of themselves. If I miss the Leafs games till game 4 (most likely the first week and a half they are playing) I'm still guaranteed I can see the important Game 4-7.

and though you seem to be taking this light hearted discussion as its intended I want to reiterate for everyone I have no beef with Hockey succeeding on its own or the Leafs. I'm just focusing on the significance of tonights games. I'm not under any impression this is anything but a Leafs heavy town.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
it's not ever year the nhl says 'fuck you; we couldn't give a rats ass about you' to its fans

link

g:D

prizby
05-01-2013, 12:16 PM
link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_NHL_lockout

Abou Sky
05-01-2013, 12:19 PM

For me it isn't 'soccer is best' it is more 'I don't care much about hockey'

Good luck to both.

JonO
05-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Unless you live in Detroit... ;)

Pigfynn
05-01-2013, 12:27 PM
I really do not give a shit about hockey.

this

VoxPopuliCosmicum
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
^yup (no offense intended to those who do)

Carts
05-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll be honest, I'll be watching the Leafs - and PVRing TFC, watching it right after...

One reason is, I can avoid the TFC score pretty easy - therefor I get the "live feel" for both games (Leafs Live, TFC watching without knowing the final)...

There's no way I could watch the TFC match, and not hear/see/find out the Leafs score through a msg, media, social media, slip of the tongue etc...

Same thing Saturday night - it is what it is...

If we were at home, playing at BMO tonight - I'd be there in the stands, and PVRing the Leafs game (watch it after / knowing the score)...

Carts...

Nestease
05-01-2013, 12:41 PM

TFC, the supreme leader in fan loyalty. :facepalm:

Cuppy
05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Stuck at work 2nite so it will be a lil' bit of dis and a lil' bit of dat

MKR
05-01-2013, 12:54 PM

LOL. well played.

Cashcleaner
05-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Neither. Working tonight, though I suspect the Leafs game will be on the cafeteria TVs. :(

flatpicker
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll be honest, I'll be watching the Leafs - and PVRing TFC, watching it right after...

One reason is, I can avoid the TFC score pretty easy - therefor I get the "live feel" for both games (Leafs Live, TFC watching without knowing the final)...

There's no way I could watch the TFC match, and not hear/see/find out the Leafs score through a msg, media, social media, slip of the tongue etc...

Same thing Saturday night - it is what it is...

Yup.
Got my PVR set up for tonight.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 01:21 PM
As a born and bred Torontonian that supports all of my City's teams - if you don't like the Leafs - F. U.

Its great that you love TFC but keep your anti-Leaf comments to yourself and show some respect for those of us "brothers" that actually support this City in its many teams.

Dreadlocks
05-01-2013, 01:33 PM
The audio is going to be Dobson and Forrest.....you might want to think that one through again. :)

Good point!

Yohan
05-01-2013, 01:36 PM
As a born and bred Torontonian that supports all of my City's teams - if you don't like the Leafs - F. U.

Its great that you love TFC but keep your anti-Leaf comments to yourself and show some respect for those of us "brothers" that actually support this City in its many teams.
you must really hate all the Sens and Habs fans (plus all those Pens bandwagonners) that lives in Toronto

Carts
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
you must really hate all the Sens and Habs fans (plus all those Pens bandwagonners) that lives in Toronto

At least the Habs & Sens fans are usually people who have relocated or have bloodline support - I can understand that...

Pens fans are 99.9% glory hunters...

billyfly
05-01-2013, 01:40 PM
^ Yes I do but I can live with that. What gets me angry is the chirps about the Leafs.

ManUtd4ever
05-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Preach on brotha, preach on! g:D

ensco
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
This is kind of absurd. Does anyone doubt the answer to this?

TFC has probably picked up a few fans whose support fits into the Euro or South American model, and they may be the ones slagging hockey and/or the Leafs above. (Mainstream soccer is pretty tribal in Europe or South America. Other sports don't exist the same way, and other teams/sports are mostly not of interest.)

But 95%+ of TFC fans are at least casual hockey/Leaf fans, imho, and 95+% of them are watching the Leafs tonight.

The better question is, at the first intermission, who here is staying with Don Cherry, and who is switching to TFC for a few minutes? That would be a poll.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 02:00 PM

TFC has probably picked up a few fans whose support fits into the Euro or South American model, and they may be the ones slagging hockey and/or the Leafs above. (Mainstream soccer is pretty tribal in Europe or South America. Other sports don't exist the same way, and other teams/sports are mostly not of interest.)

But 95%+ of TFC fans are at least casual hockey/Leaf fans, imho, and 95+% of them are watching the Leafs tonight.

The better question is, at the first intermission, who here is staying with Don Cherry, and who is switching to TFC for a few minutes? That would be a poll.

You'd be surprised. Hockey doesn't have near the hold it used to have, especially post-lockout and post-immigration. 95% of the old media are hockey boosters, but for fans it's mostly older people who were born here or immigrated before the 90's. In my office less than 50% watch hockey at all. For the rest, the biggest is European soccer, followed by 20/20 cricket.

v00d00daddy
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Right...because TFC is soooooooo different. LOL

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM

I don't think it's an absurd question at all. And the thread gives a feel for how many of us (a minority of TFC fans) even care about hockey or the Leafs. I enjoy hearing from all sides.

FIAF
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I am going to watch TFC I have not watched any hockey this season and I do not plan to watch this half-season.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm fine answering the question. Just not fine about "comments".

I know, I know - I'm too sensitive.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 02:13 PM

My office has a pool going complete with a cause that the money goes to and every poster has dig on the Leafs. It's a Canada-wide HQ that is based here in Toronto. It disgusts me that it's so acceptable.

At least the Habs & Sens fans are usually people who have relocated or have bloodline support - I can understand that...

Pens fans are 99.9% glory hunters...

Relocated, bloodlines, had bloodlines that relocated, followed a player that relocated due to bloodlines... For every fan that doesn't support their local there's a story they believe is justified. What. EVER.

You'd be surprised. Hockey doesn't have near the hold it used to have, especially post-lockout and post-immigration. 95% of the old media are hockey boosters, but for fans it's mostly older people who were born here or immigrated before the 90's. In my office less than 50% watch hockey at all. For the rest, the biggest is European soccer, followed by 20/20 cricket.

I'd like to think so but I think that sounds more like Toronto or the large city centres more than all of Canada on the whole.

Fort York Redcoat
05-01-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm fine answering the question. Just not fine about "comments".

I know, I know - I'm too sensitive.

Billy it's because you defend your NA teams with an old world loyalty, bless you. Unfortunately there's not much city wide loyalty. I was at the Jays game last night and watched two strangers start fighting over the Leafs/Habs while both wearing the Jays jerseys after a win. WTF.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I'd like to think so but I think that sounds more like Toronto or the large city centres more than all of Canada on the whole.

That's where the people are!

North Bay may be still hockey, curling, and ringette, but that's a tiny portion of modern Canada.

FWIW, my much older than me friends (aged late 60's-late 70's) are all hockey buffs and will watch anything (women, juniors, whatever) that's hockey-related. That's a Canada that's disappearing though.

JamboAl
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Here in Ottawa, it's all Sens, all the time. I hate it. If anyone is watching anything other than that when a game is on, you get funny looks. The AAA baseball team use to only draw a few hundred when an NHL playoff game was on.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Billy it's because you defend your NA teams with an old world loyalty, bless you. Unfortunately there's not much city wide loyalty. I was at the Jays game last night and watched two strangers start fighting over the Leafs/Habs while both wearing the Jays jerseys after a win. WTF.

Welcome to Toronto....lol

Hey Transpanted MTLers - WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR HABS or YOUR EXPOS

TFC07
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM

This is very true. There isn't same buzz in Brampton (like seeing people with Leaf flags on their cars) like a decade ago. Basketball and soccer is quickly taking over Brampton. I am sure Brampton isn't only city in GTA going through this. EDIT: I wouldn't be surprise to see good number of people in Brampton rooting for Boston over Toronto because Tyler Seguin (he's from Brampton).

billyfly
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
***This is not a diss to the 75 Mile Dudes***

I know I kinda hijacked the thread with one of my favourite past times - mainly complaining about Leaf chirps.

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
The better question is, at the first intermission, who here is staying with Don Cherry, and who is switching to TFC for a few minutes? That would be a poll.Cherry. I can't wait to see another misogynistic diatribe. ;)

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Here in Ottawa, it's all Sens, all the time. I hate it. If anyone is watching anything other than that when a game is on, you get funny looks. The AAA baseball team use to only draw a few hundred when an NHL playoff game was on.I pity you.

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I know what I will be watching tonight, The Reds live at Saputo. No better place to be. If I were not in Montreal I would be at Joe's watching the Reds.

GBV
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't be watching the Leafs game tonight regardless.

+1 here.

bigredone
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
TFC - WIN
LEAFS - WIN

All For One!?!

Carts
05-01-2013, 02:52 PM
TFC - WIN
LEAFS - WIN

All For One!?!

Throw Jays in there and then...... NAH, screw it... '-)

billyfly
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Marlies too

trane
05-01-2013, 03:06 PM

Hold on. Not giving a shit about hockey does not mean you are anti-leaf. OK maybe I do not give a shit about hockey is a bit strong, but I rely do not care much about hockey as I care about football, so almost any football game gets my attention over any hockey game. Football is my game hockey is not. Why should that offend you. I was not born in Canada.

TO be honest for me there are only two sporting events, the CL and the Vouyagers Cup.

Brooker
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Bloodline support? Oh great. Now I'm a Red wings fan and a Detroit Tigers fan.

The whole "Well I support ___ because my grandfather used to watch them in his armchair." would hardly be as popular if our teams werent shit.

Canary10
05-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Tbh I'm going to watch my PVR replay of the Barca-Bayern match from today. No one tell me the score. I think Barca can come back!

Yohan
05-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Tbh I'm going to watch my PVR replay of the Barca-Bayern match from today. No one tell me the score. I think Barca can come back!
you are going to hate Dobbers and Forrest when they talk about the result today in the TFC game

denime
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM
NONE :facepalm:

Son has practice from 7-9pm

ensco
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't think it's an absurd question at all. And the thread gives a feel for how many of us (a minority of TFC fans) even care about hockey or the Leafs. I enjoy hearing from all sides.

You may be right for true hardcores, of which there are many here. But hardcores are a tiny subset of TFC fans (ie people inclined to watch their games on TV). I stand behind my view of their viewing interest tonight.

JuliquE
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Would love to see both, but it's not a contest, for me: TFC

Anyone know where I can download the Leaf's game, afterwards? Perhaps someone, here, of whom is intending to PVR it, might could share?

Cheers.

Redcoe15
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
TFC vs. Impact. DUUUUUUH!!!

JayMolly
05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
To be honest, we just can't watch a football match while trying to check out the Leafs and the Jays.
Therefore we will PVR the match to watch later without any interruptions and watch the Leaf/Boston game with a Jay update during commercial breaks. Great night for Toronto teams and their fans!

prizby
05-01-2013, 04:56 PM

my 2 season tickets cost less than one lower bowl ticket for game 3

bigredone
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
If Laba plays, or when he comes on, he gets the big screen.

prizby
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM

ill keep my anti-laugh's comments to myself when MLSE starts treating TFC on equal terms with it's Leaf's counterparts

billyfly
05-01-2013, 05:06 PM
ill keep my anti-laugh's comments to myself when MLSE starts treating TFC on equal terms with it's Leaf's counterparts

You got to be kidding me. They are the same thing unless you think that you can be buffet style.

Go the F ahead.

jimiv
05-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Haven't followed the NHL since 2004, if TFC wasn't playing tonight I'd be out in the backyard drinking some beers with the TV off.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-01-2013, 05:10 PM
TFC no contest. I've never watched a whole hockey game in my life.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Hold on. Not giving a shit about hockey does not mean you are anti-leaf. OK maybe I do not give a shit about hockey is a bit strong, but I rely do not care much about hockey as I care about football, so almost any football game gets my attention over any hockey game. Football is my game hockey is not. Why should that offend you. I was not born in Canada.

TO be honest for me there are only two sporting events, the CL and the Vouyagers Cup.

It's the Leaf chirps that as a Torontonian I do not appreciate that some feel compelled to share.

That's my hockey team that has represented this City far more than the TFC side has.

I'll be surfing all 4 teams tonight because that is what I am.

tiberius
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM

The leafs have been losers a whole lot longer than TFC and at much higher ticket price points -there are lots of folk who have long given up on the leaf people... and the Cherry windbag....

Tonight it really boils down to: Do you want to watch a Toronto team WIN or LOSE? I choose to watch TFC as they are going to win tonight! g:D

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Well right now I can't watch TFC as there is no stream and mls live has blacked it out.

TFC Via Buffalo
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
My God, I can't decide which pairing of teams I hate more Boston & The Leafs or Montreal & Ottawa. Being a Sabres fan sucks lately. :(

__wowza
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
i'll be watching TFC and checking the score for the BRUINS game every now and again. g:D

trane
05-01-2013, 06:35 PM
It's the Leaf chirps that as a Torontonian I do not appreciate that some feel compelled to share.

That's my hockey team that has represented this City far more than the TFC side has.

I'll be surfing all 4 teams tonight because that is what I am.

I agree with you in the sense that its your city, your team. I do not like supporting teams from other citeis. That is why as much everything about the Impact organization attracts me at the end of the day I am a Torontonian.

I can into hockey but when it is highly physical and defensive everything that Toronto tends to hate. I loved the Burns era team.

ryan
05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Well...

If you chose the TFC match...they are getting pumped.

If you chose the Leafs game...they are getting pumped.

If you went off the rails and chose the Blue Jays....they too, are getting pumped.

Who's surprised?

billyfly
05-01-2013, 07:38 PM
So happy for all those that ONLY support TFC. Have fun.

As for me, I'll be on the bridge.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
The leafs have been losers a whole lot longer than TFC and at much higher ticket price points -there are lots of folk who have long given up on the leaf people... and the Cherry windbag....

Tonight it really boils down to: Do you want to watch a Toronto team WIN or LOSE? I choose to watch TFC as they are going to win tonight! g:D

if I wasn't from Toronto I guess I could laugh at you. But I feel your pain and wish some of you "other guys" would recognize what it's like.

MKR
05-01-2013, 08:28 PM
well if it means anything i stopped watching everything 20 minutes ago!

FIAF
05-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Well...

If you chose the TFC match...they are getting pumped.

If you chose the Leafs game...they are getting pumped.

If you went off the rails and chose the Blue Jays....they too, are getting pumped.

Who's surprised?

That's sad.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
10-1
4-1
6-0
2-2

prizby
05-01-2013, 08:57 PM
You got to be kidding me. They are the same thing unless you think that you can be buffet style.

Go the F ahead.

ever gone to Real Sports and told they won't show Toronto FC even on 1 of their 199 screens?

would Real Sports be closed for a private function on an important playoff game for the Leafs...if not then, why were they closed for a private party on arguably the most important game in TFC's history (2nd leg at Santos Laputa)

there are countless other examples of how TFC gets treated as the 2nd class citizen they are in the MLSE family.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 09:00 PM
^again - are you kidding me?

really?

I don't support a team b/c corporate overlords don't respect my preferred team?

really?

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Well, all Toronto teams sucked tonight. In that sense, they are all equal. Some sucked more than others though.

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 10:14 PM
ever gone to Real Sports and told they won't show Toronto FC even on 1 of their 199 screens?

would Real Sports be closed for a private function on an important playoff game for the Leafs...if not then, why were they closed for a private party on arguably the most important game in TFC's history (2nd leg at Santos Laputa)

there are countless other examples of how TFC gets treated as the 2nd class citizen they are in the MLSE family.

Real Sports can eat a dick (when it comes to TFC). Safe to say, I know where NOT to go when TFC are playing.

Carts
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Bloodline support? Oh great. Now I'm a Red wings fan and a Detroit Tigers fan.

The whole "Well I support ___ because my grandfather used to watch them in his armchair." would hardly be as popular if our teams werent shit.

Seriously...???

Some bloodline support goes very very very deep...

It's in people's family bloodlines... Laugh if you want - but it's there...

I'm the opposite. My father is a Manchester United supporter, and our family have members who have been part of the organization - but I ended up a Liverpool supporter (I know - what the hell is wrong with me??? LOL) but to dismiss bloodlines is foolish IMO...

Funny enough, my pops is also a Boston Bruins supporter and always has been - me, Maple Leafs true and true. But I would never dismiss bloodline support...

It's like religion - an accident at birth... LOL

Brooker
05-01-2013, 11:01 PM
I've been partly raised by non-toronto fans. I dismiss bloodline support with ease.

prizby
05-01-2013, 11:07 PM
^again - are you kidding me?

really?

I don't support a team b/c corporate overlords don't respect my preferred team?

really?

sorry, but the corporate overloads you are refering to are the OWNERS, so while they like to play their hands for the maple laughs, they can stick it

TFC is the priority here and it will always be; rest of the Toronto teams can go on the space channel or history channel when TFC is on

Brooker
05-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Toronto lost 20-2 tonight. Must we make fun of eachother?

ryan
05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Toronto lost 20-2 tonight. Must we make fun of eachother?

Well we can't beat anyone else, might as well beat each other. At least someone gets to win for a bloody change.

Ben - D.O.W.
05-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I actually think I can't watch either!

I shouldn't say this, but I have a bad feeling about tonight on both fronts.

And we have a winner. Although all 3 fronts might have been more accurate. Yay Toronto.

billyfly
05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Toronto lost 20-2 tonight. Must we make fun of each other?

This is my point.

cmonyoureds
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Seriously...???

Some bloodline support goes very very very deep...

It's in people's family bloodlines... Laugh if you want - but it's there...

I'm the opposite. My father is a Manchester United supporter, and our family have members who have been part of the organization - but I ended up a Liverpool supporter (I know - what the hell is wrong with me??? LOL) but to dismiss bloodlines is foolish IMO...

Funny enough, my pops is also a Boston Bruins supporter and always has been - me, Maple Leafs true and true. But I would never dismiss bloodline support...

It's like religion - an accident at birth... LOL

WHOAH! I'm guessing Canada seemed a safe distance from them then? (I jest, I jest). That takes cajones!!!

I grew up cursing all things Toronto, which is to say madly supporting them all. It just made the world series wins that much more enjoyable though.

MartinUtd
05-02-2013, 09:22 AM
After I couldn't find a stream I ended up watching the first two episodes of House of Cards. It looks like it has potential but thus far has nothing on Boss (with Kelsey Grammer).

Sounds like I made the right choice ignoring the leaf game too.

Carts
05-02-2013, 02:12 PM
WHOAH! I'm guessing Canada seemed a safe distance from them then? (I jest, I jest). That takes cajones!!!

I grew up cursing all things Toronto, which is to say madly supporting them all. It just made the world series wins that much more enjoyable though.

Funny story, when I met Sir Alex Ferguson I said to him "...my father is a massive United supporter, somehow I turned out supporting Liverpool, but I..." (CUT OFF by SAF) "...what did he tell your Mother when he tossed you out!!..." and then he laughed out loud.... He was actually a really down to earth, super nice, funny guy...!

I've been the same - cursing all things Toronto (aka supporting) forever...

billyfly
05-02-2013, 02:15 PM
We need to chg our City's name from Tdot to Tzero