PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Voyageurs Cup Semi Final Leg 2: Toronto at Montreal, Wed 1 May, 7:30pm

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yohan
04-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Toronto takes a 2-0 aggregate into Montreal... It will be interesting to see Ryan Nelsen gives the reserve players a run out and Schallibaum caves into the pressure from Montreal supporters and put in the first team. Montreal won their last game 2-0 against Chicago. And at least TFC reserve players can finish a game without giving up a goal.

Yohan
04-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Lethargic Montreal offence gets going after switching to a 442

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJbiWKGnDU

flamehawk
04-28-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...nadian-champio (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/04/27/montreal-impact-fans-make-clear-their-dissatisfaction-amway-canadian-champio)

Posted this in another thread, but Montreal Ultras protested the tactics used for the Canadian Championship at yesterday's game.

OgtheDim
04-28-2013, 10:38 AM
I get the feeling Saputo is going to have a word with his manager, the one that didn't seem to want to take this seriously and kinda gave up after Wednesday last. I'm not sure our B team is going to cut it on Wednesday. Mind you, Laba, if he is in form, should cut out a lot more of their preferred diagonals.

Yohan
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
I get the feeling Saputo is going to have a word with his manager, the one that didn't seem to want to take this seriously and kinda gave up after Wednesday last. I'm not sure our B team is going to cut it on Wednesday. Mind you, Laba, if he is in form, should cut out a lot more of their preferred diagonals.
hard to argue against Schallibaum's player rotation since Montreal beat Chicago 2-0. And they face San Jose away for their next league match.

Di Vaio and Nesta just don't have the legs for 3 games in 7 days

Yohan
04-28-2013, 11:13 AM
oops

Yohan
04-28-2013, 01:23 PM
I really hope Laba starts and does well, because I can use some optimism!

khso11
04-28-2013, 01:54 PM
there's no chance that montreal will put on a B team, so i want these lineups
1) 4-2-2-2
------------------------Frei--------------------
Eckersley/Richter---Califf-------O'dea----Morgan
-------------Hall-------------Laba-------------
-------Silva----------------------Osario--------
----------Earnshaw--------Bostock------------

2) if rusell or eck is still not ready
Agboss--------Califf-------Henry----O'dea------

3) 4-1-3-1-1
Hall---------------Califf-------O'dea-------Morgan
------------------------Laba---------------------
Silva-------------------Osario-------------Bostock
-------------------------------Ephraim-----------
----------------------Earnshaw---------------

jloome
04-28-2013, 02:46 PM
there's no chance that montreal will put on a B team, so i want these lineups
1) 4-2-2-2
Eckersley/Richter---Califf-------O'dea----Morgan

2) if rusell or eck is still not ready
Agboss--------Califf-------Henry----O'dea------

3) 4-1-3-1-1
Hall---------------Califf-------O'dea-------Morgan
------------------------Laba---------------------
Silva-------------------Osario-------------Bostock
-------------------------------Ephraim-----------
----------------------Earnshaw---------------

4-2-3-1

--------------------Bendik-------------------
Ecks/Richter--Califf---------O'Dea------Emory
-------------Laba-----------Hall------------
Bostock------------Silva-----------Lambe
----------------Earnshaw-------------------

People rag on lambe for not producing from the wing, but he's doing a lot of small things that get missed, like playing defence, pressuring the ball, holding up the ball until we get into play.

TFC07
04-28-2013, 02:57 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...nadian-champio (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/04/27/montreal-impact-fans-make-clear-their-dissatisfaction-amway-canadian-champio)

Posted this in another thread, but Montreal Ultras protested the tactics used for the Canadian Championship at yesterday's game.

Here I thought no one care about this competition. BTW: Saputo was at BMO field on Wednesday game so I am sure he was pissed after the game.

notthesun
04-28-2013, 03:14 PM
4-2-3-1

--------------------Bendik-------------------
Ecks/Richter--Califf---------O'Dea------Emory
-------------Laba-----------Hall------------
Bostock------------Silva-----------Lambe
----------------Earnshaw-------------------

People rag on lambe for not producing from the wing, but he's doing a lot of small things that get missed, like playing defence, pressuring the ball, holding up the ball until we get into play.

He's been our most consistent wide player even if he's hasn't been too effective per se. Nelsen surely appreciates that he's defensively responsible.

I like this lineup. I hope Ephraim gets the bench, dude needs to step it up at some point if he wants to stick around (which begs the question... does he?).

OgtheDim
04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
With Braun injured, I don't think Earnshaw is going to play. I think we might see Taylor Morgan up there with Ephraim.

Ajax TFC
04-28-2013, 08:10 PM
My XI
--------------Frei--------------
--Henry--Califf--O'Dea--Emory--
----------Bekker-Laba----------
--Bostock--------------Lambe--
----------Silva/Osorio----------
--------Welshman/TMorgan-----

Bekker deserves a start, and there's no reason to start two pure DMs in Hall and Laba unless you seriously believe we can hold a two goal lead over 90 minutes without any possession. If Silva needs a rest, than start Osorio in midfield and sub Silva on if we need goals. Striker is between Welshman and Morgan - whichever one trains better. I imagine it will be Welshman since he's been closer to the first team but Nelsen may want a big CF in Morgan. I really hope Wiedeman doesn't start this one - for obvious reasons.

T-boy
04-28-2013, 08:35 PM
We now seem to have an abundance of central midfielders, but no depth in attack (or at least, not experienced depth). If Braun isn't fit, then I don't see any choice by Earnshaw unless we play two guys who haven't ever kicked a ball for the first team!

Abou Sky
04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
I am at a bit of a loss here.

I think most would agree that we want as many players getting better as possible correct?

I don't think that MLS is more important than V-Cup, I DO think that getting better as a team is THE most important thing, NO MATTER THE COMPETITION.

Maybe Weeds is going nowhere fast, but Henry, Bekker, Morgan, Oso etc. NEED MINUTES

What Nelsen is doing is IDEAL.

Reserves matches are a joke.

I think Nelsen should play basically the team he has played (+Laba to get him some minutes, he is 21, he can run) through the rest of the V-Cup AND if they make it, through the champions league. Maybe if we see the quarter final next year we can put on the 'A' team but not until then. Get these boys minutes, get them experience and let them bring it into the first team in MLS.

PopePouri
04-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Play the reserve squad. If needed, throw on a couple starters.

TFC07
04-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Montreal is going to be motivate and play mostly their "a" team. So if TFC wants win this thing, then they need to include some of starters in the line up (including Earnshaw). Have Silva come off the bench and start other Morgan (playing as a target man to win balls in the air).

Ajax TFC
04-28-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't mind fielding some starters to make sure we get through, but there's no fucking way Earnshaw should be starting. For one, he's 32 and I have doubts about him staying effective if we start playing him in games that are only three or four days apart. Plus playing him on the plastic in Montreal is a good way to lose him for the rest of the season as it is. No need to risk that for this game when we have so many young strikers in reserve who need time

TFC07
04-28-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't mind fielding some starters to make sure we get through, but there's no fucking way Earnshaw should be starting. For one, he's 32 and I have doubts about him staying effective if we start playing him in games that are only three or four days apart. Plus playing him on the plastic in Montreal is a good way to lose him for the rest of the season as it is. No need to risk that for this game when we have so many young strikers in reserve who need time

Montreal is playing at Saputo stadium not Olympic Stadium (so they will be playing on grass). Also, Earnshaw doesn't have to play 90 minutes, but we need to at least score a goal. Montreal is going to be coming out gun blazing trying to score 2 or 3 goals. We need someone up front for counter and is capable of finishing chances. Earnshaw seems like the only striker capable of doing that.

Ajax TFC
04-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Montreal is playing at Saputo stadium not Olympic Stadium (so they will be playing on grass). Also, Earnshaw doesn't have to play 90 minutes, but we need to at least score a goal. Montreal is going to be coming out gun blazing trying to score 2 or 3 goals. We need someone up front for counter and is capable of finishing chances. Earnshaw seems like the only striker capable of doing that.
Right you are. I was confusing Saputo stadium with Wankouver's stadium where they brainlessly put in state of the art plastic. Hell even when they had an outdoor field they still played on plastic. I guess this makes playing Earnshaw a bit more forgivable.

notthesun
04-29-2013, 12:19 AM
If Braun is still injured by the game, which I'm guessing he will be, I'd like to see T. Morgan get minutes at some point. The NYRB game tells me with the players we have, we need a big body up front.

Brooker
04-29-2013, 04:55 AM

I was hoping it was another garbage bag banner.

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2013, 09:22 AM
:scarf: Come on down to Shoeless Joe's for this one all you Downtowners! :scarf:It's kinda a big deal and I'll also bring Canada tix for the Women's game on June 2nd for those that have contacted me. Feel free to PM for more info!

Oldtimer
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
UM02 were very upset about Montreal not playing their best 11 last match. (c/o Grizzly on the Voyageur's board):

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8536/8686956315_4d0356b9d3_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8125/8686955745_54d38028ae_z.jpg

(translation: no Impact since 2008)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8114/8686956589_09e2680f69_z.jpg

(translation: we took it seriously)

Thanks Flamehawk for posting the link to other pictures, earlier.

For all of the ambivalence here, their Supporters want to win the cup.

flamehawk
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
If Braun is still injured by the game, which I'm guessing he will be, I'd like to see T. Morgan get minutes at some point. The NYRB game tells me with the players we have, we need a big body up front.

definitely. I think Wiedemans has shown that he can't fill that role. We need a target man to play alongside Earnshaw - and other poachers - and maybe Morgan can fill that role. Maybe Welshman and Morgan, or Bennett and Morgan?

mcolvy
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Frei
Richter Califf Henry Emory
Laba Hall
Lambe Welshman
Bostock
Morgan

Thats what I would like to see.

Derko
04-30-2013, 06:57 AM
I think TFC must field the best team available, I know most don't feel this is a valuable competition, but that would be like saying Germany should not be playing there best team in whatever Hockey Tournaments there are. I think International Club Football regardless of where or whom you play is very important for TFC to play in, and as a Football Fan to watch. just my opinion, but one that I value. :drinking:

notthesun
04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
According to Molinaro, Emory said the ankle is getting better but he still probably won't play tomorrow.

Yohan
05-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Pretty cool vid from Montreal. Still bunch of wankers though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tWAPG_PbPiQ

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Pretty cool vid from Montreal. Still bunch of wankers though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tWAPG_PbPiQ

Cool video, shows a good understanding of the game and the role of supporters (quite a contrast from the stuff produced by ML$E interns).

Note the close up early on on a jersey of the club's slogan "tous pour gagner" ("all to win").

Of course they can't show Montreal's last Canadian Championship match win against TFC, because it has never happened.

Ajax TFC
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Let it never again be said that TFC fans are the only ones who care about this cup

Red CB Toronto
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Just on the outskirts of Montreal after some heavy traffic around Kingston. Looking forward to a great night at Saputo and a Reds victory to clinch a spot in the final.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Ok, having read that bit by Nelsen as discussed in the Globe, I think we won't be seeing Laba due to paperwork, but will be seeing Earnshaw, and O'Dea.

Brent
05-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Anyone make the trip? If so where is the tailgate?

Don Julio
05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Anyone make the trip? If so where is the tailgate?

I'm here alone. I'll be checking Peel Pub and McLean's for other read shirts in about an hour.

Brent
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Ok I'll head there now! I'm the only one with a scarf in this weather!

billyfly
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Go Reds. All of Toronto supports you.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Frei; Richter, Henry, Califf, A. Morgan; Bostock, Bekker, Osorio, Lambe; Wiedeman, Earnshaw..

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 05:50 PM
substitutes: Bendik; O'Dea, Agbossoumonde, Hall, Silva, Welshman, Bennett.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Frei might be in for some work. I'm not sure that midfield can hold Arnaud and Bernier.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Ok, that's weird. No stream on firstrow.

T-boy
05-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Hmm, any ideas how to watch the game without paying for sportsnet one?!

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Who's the dummy in the vest on the TFC Pregame talking how it wasn't the Earnshaw's or Hall's scoring? Does he realize those guys didn't even play so of course other would be scoring instead?

__wowza
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Ok, that's weird. No stream on firstrow.

i was just gonna say, thats unsettling.

T-boy
05-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Waaaah, I'm going to have to watch jeopardy!

Corpand
05-01-2013, 06:29 PM
No streams on Wiziwig either, need my TFC fix. Will love to see Frei shake off the cobwebs. It has been wayyy too long from seeing him in a competitive game.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM

watch the Bruins.

Stugatzo
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM

Someone PLEASE POST A STREAM...assuming anyone finds one :-(
Thanks!!

Huyton
05-01-2013, 06:33 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=3208&d=1367448897
Cool video, shows a good understanding of the game and the role of supporters (quite a contrast from the stuff produced by ML$E interns).

Note the close up early on on a jersey of the club's slogan "tous pour gagner" ("all to win").

Of course they can't show Montreal's last Canadian Championship match win against TFC, because it has never happened.

"I thought streamers weren't allowed in MLS", he says, after making sure that the streamer he threw on Saturday went nowhere near the field.

sully
05-01-2013, 06:33 PM
If u have mlslive and a vpn service you can watch there.

__wowza
05-01-2013, 06:35 PM
watch the bruins.

maybe i will. Gawd!!

Huyton
05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
watch the Bruins.
UCLA? Do they play soccer there?

trane
05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I am still at the office any streams?

Dv23
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Streams please!

JuliquE
05-01-2013, 06:39 PM
If u have mlslive and a vpn service you can watch there.
Are you watching this way, because it's not working for me?

jloome
05-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I am still at the office any streams?

if you don't mind pop up ads and have a good spam blocker (as some of the stuff is dangerous), you can always go to atdhe , a pirate site.

Corpand
05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
If you set up a live stream for your fellow comrades here, I will personally have your babies.

sully
if you don't mind pop up ads and have a good spam blocker (as some of the stuff is dangerous), you can always go to atdhe , a pirate site.

Not there

SirBobSaget
Why Wiedeman again?? come on

Jack
05-01-2013, 06:41 PM
No streams. I am sad.

sully
Are you watching this way, because it's not working for me? yeah. Working for me.

trane
Stream???

T-boy
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm sad too! I'm lost in my apartment now!

trane
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM

First place I went. But nothing.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Uhhhh the Impact starting 11 much more threatening. Nelson didn't match

JuliquE
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
yeah. Working for me.
I'm not the most savvy on these things.. but, using Unblock-us, I have it set to USA on the region-picker and I only see a black screen; normally, I'm able to watch MLS games, despite being located in Germany.. so, I know it works -- just not here.

Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

jloome
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
POST!

jloome
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm not the most savvy on these things.. but, using Unblock-us, I have it set to USA on the region-picker and I only see a black screen; normally, I'm able to watch MLS games, despite being located in Germany.. so, I know it works -- just not here.

They don't usually show CCL games on mlslive. Might be that.

sully
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Earnshaw hits the post.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Hmm...one of these days the suits at Bell and Rogers will realise that it would be a good idea to provide a stream option on all its teams, just like TSN does for CFL games.

sully
05-01-2013, 06:50 PM

I don't know. But i choose USA East

LittleOzzy
05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
No stream?

Terrible...

flamehawk
At the May Day rally right now but relying on the commentary on mlssoccer.com Ridicules that mls live has this blocked

SirBobSaget
Is Lefevre playing CB?

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 06:54 PM
TFC has a twitter account going

bigredone
If that was DK's long leg....shiiiiit

rocktml
Toronto down 2-1.........oh wait wrong game ;P

Couchy81
Damn nice cross, wiedeman just missed

JuliquE
05-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't know. But i choose USA East
I only see the USA option. Are you also using Unblock-Us? If no, than which service are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

They don't usually show CCL games on mlslive. Might be that.
Thought so, myself.. but, apparently, it works for sully.

jloome
They know Montreal needs three, so they're dropping through balls behind Montreal's backline every two secs. Two chances so far, including Earnshaw hitting the post. Nothing for Montreal.

SirBobSaget
Would feel a lot better with O'dea in for Henry

jloome
05-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Montreal corner coming up.

jloome
05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
cleared by califf. He's winning aerial battles so far.

tiberius
05-01-2013, 06:59 PM

I had the same problem - changed my vpn to GERMANY - works fine - go figure! using HMA

bigredone
05-01-2013, 07:01 PM
The more I rag on the Weedman the better he does..........so........fuck him

Yohan
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Nice cross by Weedman. Osorio should have volley'd that

jloome
This dude is card happy.

Yohan
Yellow on Lambe. challenge didn't look bad

sully
05-01-2013, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=JuliquE;1579815]I only see the USA option. Are you also using Unblock-Us? If no, than which service are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

using Overplay.com

T-boy
05-01-2013, 07:03 PM
You know you are a TFC hardcore when you are sat refreshing the RPB forum every 20 seconds just to get the commentary on the forum! :p

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Wow, blind ref. Bekker just shoved over from behind, no call, breakaway for Montreal led to a shot.

bigredone
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Fuck is Bekker made of paper, stand your ground boy!!!!!!!!!

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
So, for all of us not able to watch, how are we playing? The twitter feed focuses on the highlights - Frei save, post, Weideman close, two yellows.

Dkolish3
You know you are a TFC hardcore when you are sat refreshing the RPB forum every 20 seconds just to get the commentary on the forum! :p

That's a lie we are all hoping for a stream

Eastend
No streams on Wiziwig either, need my TFC fix. Will love to see Frei shake off the cobwebs. It has been wayyy too long from seeing him in a competitive game.

He played in last weeks game vs Montreal and got a clean sheet......not that he had any shots to save though.

Dom

Yohan
Blatant shove on bekker not called. Mtl goes on break but shot easy save by frei

bigredone
Wow, blind ref. Bekker just shoved over from behind, no call, breakaway for Montreal led to a shot.

looked more like a pat on the back

__wowza
05-01-2013, 07:06 PM

when you have people who could watch ANYTHING (including the first leafs playoff game in 9 years), and would gladly watch TFC, you damn well better give us the option to watch the game! :(

Eastend
WTF's with all these calls against TFC?

jloome
Romero blatantly dives when Richter gets position, gives Montreal a free kick. I'm telling you guys, this is one bad ref

Couchy81
We are playing well, the ref is bad though. Sissy calls. Non deserved.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Ok, by the sounds of it, Montreal has sussed the ref before we have. Need to adjust.

SirBobSaget
Did Lambe and Bostock switch? was gonna say Bostock needs to attack Tissault

Yohan
Much more composed on ball tfc

Yohan
05-01-2013, 07:08 PM
you really have to give it to UM02 and other Mtl supporters, even though a lot of them are twats. they support their team

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:09 PM
OMG ref is brutal!! Morgan bowled over

Yohan
goal Mtl. Justin mapp

bigredone
fuckn fuck

T-boy
That's a lie we are all hoping for a stream

I come here for the text commentary, honest! :p

loconet
I shit you not, I'm using a proxy from Kazakhtan to watch the damn game on my mls live account because the fuckers decided to block Canadian and US addresses. This is ridiculous. I will not get cable, screw off.

West220Side
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
fuck chaos in the box, goal montreal.

jloome
Mapp scores off a scramble, ball pops out to him, he rifles it in low. 2-1 on agg.

T-boy
goal Mtl. Justin mapp

Argh shit.

Yohan
Montreal goes on break. bit of scramble after a cross cleared and Mapp gets on the end for easy goal

OgtheDim
They have passion. Will probably carry them through the bad times when they start losing (all teams do). Part of me wonders what would happen in Seattle if they went through a 2 year drought of not playing well.

sully
Fuck

Ivy
Bekker is HORRIBLE. Does not slide, does not head the ball, does not tackle.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
2 rookie central mids ....

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Montreal's trying to turn the game into a sprint, take advantage of positioning errors by TFC players.

Tissot gets a yellow for going through Bostock.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Bekker is making Hall seem like a saviour. CAnt defend cant deliver free kicks

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Did Lambe and Bostock switch? was gonna say Bostock needs to attack Tissault

Not trying to be a prick, but ages ago.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Wiedeman has a truly awful first touch when the ball's off the ground. Never learned to trap properly.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Henry says "book him. you booked me for less." Ref says "I call the game."

Lipreading by Loome (tm).

sully
Bernier and Arnaud v Becker and Osorio is a problem and its showing..

Yohan
Bad back pass to Richter but got bailed out by Mtl player fouling him. Lack of composure from TFC now

Ivy
So Lambe gets a yellow for kicking the ball after the whistle, but Wegner doesn't? And for God sakes Bekker, do something... Anythingggg!!!

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Bekker out of position; ruined that play. we had set up in their box and when the initial ball came in past him, he didnt' drop back, Osorio left with no outlet.

Yohan
lol. looks like Montreal picked up couple of new chants

Corpand
He played in last weeks game vs Montreal and got a clean sheet......not that he had any shots to save though.

Dom

Exactly, he was barely tested in that game. This one is much more hostile and the goal is good for him, get him riled up to not let another one in. With Frei, it works. He pulled some amazing clutch saves last season (mostly 2 seasons ago) when he conceded one. It's like he would up his effort after, getting pissed at himself.

The sadness I feel for not being able to watch this is gargantuan.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Who's on the bench?

Yohan
05-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Oh dear. Paponi on rebound. 2-2 on aggregate

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:19 PM
2-0 rebound comes off Paponi and goes right into the net.

SirBobSaget
Pathetic. Straight up pathetic

Yohan
Morgan got pwned again on that goal

OgtheDim
substitutes: Bendik; O'Dea, Agbossoumonde, Hall, Silva, Welshman, Bennett.

diss

Alonso
05-01-2013, 07:20 PM

Same here.

Not working for me anymore...

Black screen.

West220Side
why the FUCK are there so many back passes to our defensive line. THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE, BATTLE IT OUT IN THE MIDFIELD NOT IN FRONT OF OUR BOX.

OgtheDim
The only thing going for us now is an away goal means they need two again.

SirBobSaget
Silva on now for Bekker!!!!

Better yet for Wiedeman

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:21 PM
My sense is that when Montreal breaks we're just getting overrun. Neither central midfielder is dropping back to cut off channels, both playing two-way.

Richard
05-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Welp, glad im not watching this on the stream.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:22 PM
We're dropping 10 behind the ball now including Earnshaw. Stupid.

DoubleUp
My sense is that when Montreal breaks we're just getting overrun. Neither central midfielder is dropping back to cut off channels, both playing two-way.

Because essentially they are both box 2 box midfielder not Holding ones.

TFC07
This is just awful game to watch as a TFC fan. Bad decisions, poor touches and midfield not able to control middle of the field.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Gotta make it to half time.

Yohan
dear lord. di Vaio on for Paponi. massacre in montreal?

jloome
Di Vaio in.

Alonso
I shit you not, I'm using a proxy from Kazakhtan to watch the damn game on my mls live account because the fuckers decided to block Canadian and US addresses. This is ridiculous. I will not get cable, screw off.

Which proxy?

How do you sign up?

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Wideman FFFFFSsss up again!!!

sully
O'Dea's leadership really missed

Yohan
Bekker has a long way to go before he becomes a Pirlo like DM I can see him becoming

T-boy
Silva on now for Bekker!!!!

I assume this was tactical and not an injury?

bigredone
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
at least Earnshaw giving it a go

SirBobSaget
oh again Wideman bad touch?

jloome
We need the next goal, get it back to effectively a two-goal deficit for Montreal.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Please get rid of Wiederman! This guy is awful overall player besides scoring an odd goal.

jloome
I assume this was tactical and not an injury?
He was suggesting, it didn't happen.

Ivy
Just a quick question... Has that long throw into the box from Richter ever worked?

Yohan
Nice one two ending w bekker shot. Easy save

OgtheDim
Hmmm........can this team come back from adversity?

T-boy
05-01-2013, 07:27 PM
He was suggesting, it didn't happen.

Oopsy! sorry! Wouldn't be surprised to see this second half tho.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Dangerous free kick spot for Montreal.

T-boy
05-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Just a quick question... Has that long throw into the box from Richter ever worked?

The chance that Earnshaw got that he shot straight at the Red Bulls keeper last weekend came from a direct long throw. Earnshaw should have finished it off really.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:28 PM

Almost every time. What are you judging it by, goals scored? It's supposed to make it deep into the box. It does.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Bernier puts it over the bar.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:29 PM
O'dea can't play 2 games in a week as a 26 yo CB? Absolutley needed heere and were getting KILLED!

Eastend
05-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Really?

TFC07
3-nil for Montreal.

Marc"2L"
Pretty much expected

jloome
Earnshaw lays ball off for Bekker, he is tentative and doesn't attack it , Montreal gets a break and Di Viao scores. 3-2

OgtheDim
Most likely subs - Silva in for Osorio. Hall for Bekker at 60.

Yohan
what a school boy defending. di vaio

3-2 aggregate mtl

Ivy
Annnnnnnddddd I'm done with this game.

SirBobSaget
Bullshit. Nelsen got killed in coiaching absolutely murdered

jloome
Wow. Just ... wow.

Thomas
05-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Becker is pathetic, and Morgan shouldn't be playing. Very poor showing thus far.

Globetrotter
This team is complete COMPLETE sh*t.

SirBobSaget
Lambe can play every f-ing game of the season but Silva and O'dea cant!!!!

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Our movement, or lack thereof, off the ball is just so predictable.

Alonso
Chill pills needed desperately in here....

1 goal from us changes everything.

sully
Silva and O'Dea need to come on.

AlanO
At this rate, Laba will be on the next plane back to Argentina to avoid the horror show..

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Bekker get in there!!! so fragile!!!!

OgtheDim
Well this one is going to hurt. We see how bad our defence is without a DM. And, our side midfielders are where?

Hair dryer time Nelsen.

jloome
Halftime.

What a fucking disgrace.

ag futbol
05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
I feel your pain, for the odd time it actually does something the other 9x out of 10 it is just predictable and stale.

TFC07

You're right, but you got to admit that was awful awful first half.

PopePouri

Doesn't matter. We'll concede in the 90th anyways.

T-boy
Is anybody actually surprised that Montreal have put up a fight after last week and the protests on the weekend? I'm not surprised at all, I expected a big come back from Montreal tonight. I hoped TFC might be able to cling on tho.

Marc"2L"
Bekker hustling off, tells you a lot about his awareness of his performance right now.

If you can't preform, show the coach you're trying.

Ivy
05-01-2013, 07:35 PM

That's not the point... This team is complete shit. Unwatchable performance.

SirBobSaget

PLease, it was in the pocket if the right squad was selected but now need to come back. Thats not acceptable

West220Side
Bekker has a long way to go before he becomes a Pirlo like DM I can see him becoming

Did you actually just say this? and Andrew Wiedemann has a long way to become the Messi like player Paul Mariner saw him being.

Becker is pathetic, and Morgan shouldn't be playing. Very poor showing thus far.

Don't know about Morgan, but Bekker isn't an anchor in the midfield. Needs to be playing with a leader. He's out there running all over the fucking place trying to get the ball, needs a player to tell him to stop fucking running around silly, and stay in his position, cut down pass lanes.

On another note. I'm getting real tired of these announcers. Adrian Serioux is just unbearable and whoever the other guy is just say "Another nice play by Bernier." we passed the god damn ball right to him. It wasn't a nice play, WE GAVE HIM THE BALL. ugh.

khso11
05-01-2013, 07:36 PM
this is pathetic

OgtheDim
So, did they just give up, or did they panic?

Thomas
Yes, so tentative and frail. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or what, but he is a liability at the moment.

Bekker get in there!!! so fragile!!!!

bigredone
05-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Please Silva come and Bekker go. Osorio should stay on.

TFC07
Is anybody actually surprised that Montreal have put up a fight after last week and the protests on the weekend? I'm not surprised at all, I expected a big come back from Montreal tonight. I hoped TFC might be able to cling on tho.

Yeah, there's no surprises that Montreal is under pressure from their supporters to win Canadian championship unlike here where a lot of fans don't care and even hope we don't win it this year because they want TFC focus on making it to the playoffs only.

SirBobSaget
The only thing more pathetic is the Leafs. god damn im having an awful sports night

Redcoe15
Ahem:

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK...

That is all for now. :facepalm: :prrr:

__wowza
05-01-2013, 07:39 PM
looking forward to seeing the results of the "rate nelsen" thread this month :D

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:40 PM
If there aren't subs (Silva) to start the 2nd half then Nelsen is packing it in or clueless

bigredone
The only thing more pathetic is the Leafs. god damn im having an awful sports night

Whiskey is winning!!!!!!!!!!!fuck im drunk

DoubleUp
Did you actually just say this? and Andrew Wiedemann has a long way to become the Messi like player Paul Mariner saw him being.

Don't know about Morgan, but Bekker isn't an anchor in the midfield. Needs to be playing with a leader. He's out there running all over the fucking place trying to get the ball, needs a player to tell him to stop fucking running around silly, and stay in his position, cut down pass lanes.

On another note. I'm getting real tired of these announcers. Adrian Serioux is just unbearable and whoever the other guy is just say "Another nice play by Bernier." we passed the god damn ball right to him. It wasn't a nice play, WE GAVE HIM THE BALL. ugh.

Its not his game. Bekker is a box 2 box midfielder or ball-player in a double-pivot. The rest of your statement is spot on aswell.

Island Man
At least we're playing like Barcelona for the first time ever!

TFC07
05-01-2013, 07:41 PM
You can't put inexperience lineup in this sort of game where Montreal is going to be playing more of their "A" team motivate to score goals.

khso11
need subs

Richter-Califf-Henry-O'dea
---------Hall------------
Bostock-Silva---Lambe
Weeds-------Earnshaw

sub now!!!!!!

bigredone
At least we're playing like Barcelona for the first time ever!

Love it! hahaha

nonc
05-01-2013, 07:42 PM

that's rj broadhead who is sort of a catch all commentator and hasn't really a clue about anything, especially soccer. sportsnet offers decent programming but they're run by amateurs the delivery is terrible. if not a problem like rj, there's technical problems, etc.

nelsen should be ashamed of that half, agreed with whomever said silva and o'dea should be playing. they are young guys two games a week for a while is no problem. arguably even worse than any half last year.

OgtheDim
The only good thing about this is we will finally find out how much of a heart this team has. Gut check time.

If they do not react to that pasting, they are not the team that Nelsen has said they are.

SirBobSaget

If I didnt have an early am conference call i would be hitting the rum right now!!!! (instead of beer). I took off early from work to get all ready for this night. So disapointing

__wowza
05-01-2013, 07:43 PM
If there aren't subs (Silva) to start the 2nd half then Nelsen is packing it in or clueless

at this point all we can do is bring in silva and o'dea in the back (while losing) to make sure we don't concede anymore goals and put this thing outt've reach?

khso11
where the hell is ephraim and laba?????

DoubleUp
need subs

Richter-Califf-Henry-O'dea
---------Hall------------
Bostock-Silva---Lambe
Benett-------Earnshaw

sub now!!!!!!

This will leave your DM(Hall) exposed,

and not stop the flow.

nonc

Bruins tanked for the Leafs and the Leafs responded by not dropping to 6th or 7th. :facepalm:

billyfly
05-01-2013, 07:44 PM
at this point all we can do is bring in silva and o'dea in the back (while losing) to make sure we don't concede anymore goals and put this thing outt've reach?

Watch the Bruins.

Lennon

With the way this game is going TFC won't keep Montreal out in the 2nd half. We'll need to score 2.

OgtheDim

ephraim is injured and laba has not been explained but likely his paperwork.

West220Side
The only good thing about this is we will finally find out how much of a heart this team has. Gut check time.

If they do not react to that pasting, they are not the team that Nelsen has said they are.

bingo. lets see your never die team nelsen. all these players with character. do it.

ouderwien
We only need one goal to move on.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 07:45 PM

I think Ephraim is injuried while Laba and TFC are still dealing with international transfer paperwork.

ouderwien
05-01-2013, 07:45 PM
One more (away goal), we move on.

__wowza
05-01-2013, 07:46 PM

welcome to what we call "posting like wowza".

TFC07
One more (away goal), we move on.

The way this game is going, we need to score couple of goals. One goal may not be enough.

khso11

and not stop the flow.

cant really do much now, we need a goal

Globetrotter
we need more than one goal. if we score, they'll score at least once after the 85th minute. guaranteed.

ag futbol
Its not his game. Bekker is a box 2 box midfielder or ball-player in a double-pivot. The rest of your statement is spot on aswell.
I don't know if I'd even describe him as box-to-box. He wants to play in the hole, doesn't really get after it defensively.

For TFC, that IMO should mean he gets a very specific role (not the one we used him for in the first half) or has to hone his skills with the reserves or in spot minutes.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:47 PM

and not stop the flow.

No, that's a traditional anchor position. He stays back the whole time.

West220Side
people saying this 'we only need one goal' like it means something.
I fucking hope Nelsens pregame speech wasn't "Well boys we only need one goal to go through. So feel free to go out and concede three."
If you're saying "Calm down we only need one goal" you're completely missing the reason everybody is pissed.

edit so i don't double post: Jeremy Hall & Luis Silva on.
Bekker & ... somebody else off.

SirBobSaget
I think Ephraim is injuried while Laba and TFC are still dealing with international transfer paperwork.

Is Cochrane is charge of paperwork??? this transfer was probably done like 2 weeks ago!!

khso11
05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
ephraim is injured and laba has not been explained but likely his paperwork.

kk, i thought we had depth, but still not enough :facepalm:

JoeyB
Ahem:

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK...

That is all for now. :facepalm: :prrr:

Come on guys. We've been unlucky tonight. The Refs are against us again. We're close. That post in the second minute...Have fome faith. This is LORD NELSEN's team, you know the guy who walked out on a struggling QPR to help us out. He fucked those fans over to make our lives richer.

Come on you REDS.

SirBobSaget
Fing right Hall and Silva!! 45 mins too late though

jloome
people saying this 'we only need one goal' like it means something.
I fucking hope Nelsens pregame speech wasn't "Well boys we only need one goal to go through. So feel free to go out and concede three."
If you're saying "Calm down we only need one goal" you're completely missing the reason everybody is pissed.

I don't think that's what anyone's saying.

It's just a technical reality that if we tie it, we win on away goals.

Ivy
2 changes as expected.

khso11
05-01-2013, 07:50 PM
how is that not a yellow?

jloome
how is that not a yellow?

Awful, awful ref. came in way late.

West220Side
I don't think that's what anyone's saying.

It's just a technical reality that if we tie it, we win on away goals.

You're honestly fine that we walked into Stade Suputo conceded three goals, played like shit for '45 minutes.
aslong as we score a goal and park the bus? Team should have performed a lot better & the match isn't even over.

T-boy
Fing right Hall and Silva!! 45 mins too late though

Who was subbed out?

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
You're honestly fine that we walked into Stade Suputo conceded three goals, played like shit for '45 minutes.
aslong as we score a goal and park the bus? Team should have performed a lot better & the match isn't even over.

What part of "that's not what anyone's saying" did you not understand?

mcolvy
Bekker was terrible. Hes soft. Hes very bad defensively. He just doesnt seem to try very hard...

khso11
Who was subbed out?
i think weeds and bekker

TFC07
Who was subbed out?

Weiderman and Bekker

Yohan
05-01-2013, 07:52 PM
weedman out, silva in. bekker out hall in

Huyton
05-01-2013, 07:52 PM
substitutions: Bekker off, Hall on. Wiedeman off, Silva on.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Hall has immediately changed the game.

khso11
keep on that pressure

tfc007
Can someone tell me why we still support these FUCKEN SHOEMAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West220Side
toronto trying to capitalize on being a man up with arnaud being treated off the pitch. but montreal clear.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 07:55 PM
How many times had Wiedeman been subbed out early because of garbage performance? even his best friend Mariner did this. But keep playing him Nelsen, someone has to miss breakaway chances