PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Voyageurs Cup Semi Final Leg 2: Toronto at Montreal, Wed 1 May, 7:30pm

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Di Vaio's hilarious. 'But he's this big, and I'm this big!"

West220Side
Hall has immediately changed the game.

Hall has been improving with every match he's played this season, I don't think anybody can argue that.

DoubleUp
Bro.! I'am callin you this because you dont know more than me about this.!!!!!!!!........sorry!

You dont play an anchor midfielder with wingers it leaves him exposed.

why do you think the 4231 is the formation of choice?????

Because it allows you to play with wingers and not leave the middle of the park naked.

when you play with a single Dm he is supposed be straddled by box to box midfielders that can help maintain possession and sustain the midfield defensively not Wingers.

loconet
05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Which proxy?How do you sign up?http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-eu/

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
How many times had Wiedeman been subbed out early because of garbage performance? even his best friend Mariner did this. But keep playing him Nelsen, someone has to miss breakaway chances

What I'm wondering is how bad Taylor Morgan must be in practice if he doesn't even get in the lineup.

West220Side
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
good stop frei! fuck everytime montreal goes on the break I don't know what to do. pray, or hide.
(in before the: are you morgan in disguise jokes)
> if i was nelsen i would have told frei at half time something along the lines of: if you stand on your head in the second half, you'll start saturday. your future is in your hands.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Osorio's working really hard.

ryan
05-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Hall has been improving with every match he's played this season, I don't think anybody can argue that.

He's really impressing and I hope this continues for the kid.

jloome
05-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Bro.! I'am callin you this because you dont know more than me about this.!!!!!!!!........sorry!

Because it allows you to play with wingers and not leave the middle of the park naked.

when you play with a single Dm he is supposed be straddled by box to box midfielders that can help maintain possession and sustain the midfield defensively not Wingers.

Call all you want. Lots of formations play a narrow diamond. And where in his formation did you see wingers? Bostock is not naturally a winger. EVER. This is the first place he's played that way.

ag futbol
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
So did anyone find a way to get the stream? through the proxy i guess?

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
hall and osorio are running that midfield, giving it everything.
silva is showing a little flare to hold up the ball
bostock is doing his best to find space on the wing (constantly seeing him making a run)
earnshaw is poaching he's just waiting he's fucking waiting to get that ball turn and shoot. i love it. he's a less terrifying danny koevermans.
and lambe is just ... wait has anybody seen lambe? issue an amber alert quick!

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't know if I'd even describe him as box-to-box. He wants to play in the hole, doesn't really get after it defensively.

For TFC, that IMO should mean he gets a very specific role (not the one we used him for in the first half) or has to hone his skills with the reserves or in spot minutes.

Thats what he is. He is not defensive and he is not an attack minded player does both well. If you play him beside pure a DM he will come to life.

Note: and I do respect alot of what you post.

khso11

howbout this?

RB-CB-CB-LB
-----DM-----
-CM--CM--CM-
---ST---ST---

bigredone
Osorio's working really hard.

gettin knocked and he is right back up

jloome
howbout this?

RB-CB-CB-LB
-----DM-----
-CM--CM--CM-
---ST---ST---

That's what the original poster posted.

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
I smell a goal for tfc

edit: k nvm

SirBobSaget
what the?? reggie lambe is playing?

TFC07
Game over.

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Four nil. Man, this is a hell of a bad night.

SirBobSaget
Oh my goodnight.

Eastend
Wow.

khso11
now, lets pray

jloome
Eek. Morgan again. Posterized by not attacking the ball. Well, ultimately. That was a multistage fuckup.

DoubleUp
Call all you want. Lots of formations play a narrow diamond. And where in his formation did you see wingers? Bostock is not naturally a winger. EVER. This is the first place he's played that way.

We had this discussion Before.

The fact that you cant naturally see what I'm talking about speaks volumes. When it comes to the Diamond midfield I know how it should be played its my most prefererred formation.

Its just sad Tfc has to lose for me to be right:facepalm:

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkk

SirBobSaget
At least resting the first team guarantees a win on saturday in Colorado

nonc
Morgan is murdering his career right in front of our eyes.

Eastend
It looked like we might have gotten one....now, I don't know.

zorsofstesab
05-01-2013, 08:06 PM
a boy playing a man`s game is what I see when Morgan is playing. Why is he on the pitch.

khso11
wait, another montreal miracle?

OgtheDim
Montreal is going to remember this game for a looooong time.

I hope Payne does.

He's there watching and I really hope he is as embarrassed as the supporters are.

sully
Biggest mistake Nelson made was not starting O'Dea. Nobody is organising anything at the back.

TFC07
At least resting the first team guarantees a win on saturday in Colorado
We better since Colorado isn't a good team right now.

__wowza
http://i.imgur.com/TaTdV.gif?news

West220Side
to all the people saying 'we only need one goal relax!'.
ha.

billyfly
Awesome. Simply awesome.

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:07 PM
We're down 4-2 on agg, we get an attack into their third, our fb has the ball wide ... and we have TWO guys in the box.

As Ensco and others are pointing out, it's a rebuilding year. We can't keep forgetting that because of the odd good performances. Some of these guys just don't have the heart, the technique or the smarts for this level.

TFC07
Montreal is going to remember this game for a looooong time.

I hope Payne does.

He's there watching and I really hope he is as embarrassed as the supporters are. This is going to be their "Montreal Miracle"

ag futbol
Thats what he is. He is not defensive and he is not an attack minded player does both well. If you play him beside pure a DM he will come to life.

Note: and I do respect alot of what you post.
I see what you're saying, and I get the box to box argument. He doesn't really push the way an AM does, it's more like he wants to suck up the ball and distribute. But what stumps me is that he has very few defensive qualities you'd expect a box-to-box player to have. Canada played him as a #10 (not that I trust Colin Miller) and while he didn't push the attack forward at all, that was the most comfortable I've seen him on the field in a non-college game.

I think we agree on what he's doing out there regardless of what we want to call it.

jloome
ha.

You mean the one? One person said "relax'.

EDIT: Dude, we know what you're saying. But no one was suggesting one goal was acceptable, just stating a mathematical fact.

Thomas
05-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I was a Morgan supporter for some time, but he should not be playing. He just makes too many errors.

Eek. Morgan again. Posterized by not attacking the ball. Well, ultimately. That was a multistage fuckup.

JoeyB
You know your team is shit that with without Justin Braun on the pitch you're total shit.

T-boy
This is going to be their "Montreal Miracle"

It's only a miracle if it seems really unlikely. But a backlash from Montreal seemed more than likely tonight.

Donald Duck
Morgan, Henry and Lambe. The worst players in this game.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Nelsen get into a bitchfest on the sidelines with Schalibaum all you want but the fact is he bitch slapped you all over the field tonight. Where it matters

Jeffro
ha.

Glad you're enjoying this, nothing like mocking people supporting their team......

__wowza

EDIT: Dude, we know what you're saying. But no one was suggesting one goal was acceptable, just stating a mathematical fact.

everyone on the twitter update on the TFC website were saying the same thing, i echo the sentiment, and deep down i knew we weren't going to be scoring that goal anytime soon.

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
That's what the original poster posted.

No he posted this.
RB-CB-CB-LB
-----DM-----
-Rw--Cam--Lw
---ST---ST---

Just the position of the two side midfielders in that diagram should show they are wingers and not mids.

This is what diamond looks like with midfielders and not winger
RB-CB-CB-LB
--RM--DM--LM
-------Cam--
---ST-----ST---

your CAM is essentially an attacker with more defensive duties, not to be counted on to be a ball winner(if he is, thats a bonus).

FluSH
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I can't believe this... This can not happen.

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM
We had this discussion Before.

The fact that you cant naturally see what I'm talking about speaks volumes. When it comes to the Diamond midfield I know how it should be played its my most prefererred formation.

Its just sad Tfc has to lose for me to be right:facepalm:

I bow before your mighty genius. How we do not all see it is a sad statement on the cognitive function of middle-aged men. TFC isn't losing because you're "right" about the role of an anchor. We're losing because we didn't play a defensive midfielder in the first half worth a shit, we've lost every second ball, we've been outworked all night and we've missed the few chances we've had.

As to your obvious intellectual prowess, well, that's just your burden, I guess.

EDIT: By the way, lying to try and prove a point is contemptible and immature. You did not re-post the original formation that he posted, you rewrote it and added "rw-lw" to make your point. Fucking sad.

khso11
ok, tbh 2 is not that hard

TFC07
I hope this means there are going to be a lot of changes coming a lot of quicker now after this performance.

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:14 PM
theres a chance silva

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I see what you're saying, and I get the box to box argument. He doesn't really push the way an AM does, it's more like he wants to suck up the ball and distribute. But what stumps me is that he has very few defensive qualities you'd expect a box-to-box player to have. Canada played him as a #10 (not that I trust Colin Miller) and while he didn't push the attack forward at all, that was the most comfortable I've seen him on the field in a non-college game.

I think we agree on what he's doing out there regardless of what we want to call it.

To be fair he still developing, so its not set in stone.

But a box to box midfielder isnt Overtly defensive in the sense that he will rip a guys leg off with a tackle(if he does it, its a bonus)g:D, Most of his defensive work will come from reading the game and cutting out passes .

FluSH
Just speechless

QBall
Tonight is not a good night to be a sports fan in Toronto.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Well this is going to be a rough few days. Game at altitude to follow on Saturday.

billyfly
Lets Go Marlies

khso11
thats karma (to camara)

Sweeper
The thing that pisses me off is I can't even watch this game. Can't believe I have to subscribe to Sportsnet 1 to watch Canadian championship soccer. How much of the massive tv revenues for this end up going to the team or grassroots soccer?

Eastend
You know your team is shit that with without Justin Braun on the pitch you're total shit.

ok, let's start this here..........

You know you're team is shit when.....the opposing keeper is down along with a defender and you still can't score even with the ball in the box.

JoeyB
You know you're a shit team - when the Lady Lynx won't play you cause losing to you would hurt their reputation as a semi professional women's team.

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
bennett for osario?

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
The thing that pisses me off is I can't even watch this game. Can't believe I have to subscribe to Sportsnet 1 to watch Canadian championship soccer. How much of the massive tv revenues for this end up going to the team or grassroots soccer?

you're blessed, you wouldn't want to watch, its ridiculous

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM

isn't it hard for you to argue pointlessly with two people at the same time? stick with DoubleUp because there's no way i'm getting involved in a war of words with you over something so pointless. you can go back to your passive aggressive comments towards him where you question his intelligence. if you decide to reply to this, that's your right, but i wont be replying again. i'm not getting involved.

everyone on the twitter update on the TFC website were saying the same thing, i echo the sentiment, and deep down i knew we weren't going to be scoring that goal anytime soon.

FluSH
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Hearing MTL supporters chanting... It's torture... A slow twisting knife inside of me.

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
I bow before your mighty genius. How we do not all see it is a sad statement on the cognitive function of middle-aged men. TFC isn't losing because you're "right" about the role of an anchor. We're losing because we didn't play a defensive midfielder in the first half worth a shit, we've lost every second ball, we've been outworked all night and we've missed the few chances we've had.

As to your obvious intellectual prowess, well, that's just your burden, I guess.

:Yawn: I'm done with you.

__wowza
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
i wont be replying again. i'm not getting involved.

same, i'm not trying to pick a fight i just wanted to play devils advocate. we're not mocking the team, or the supporters, i think everyone is just letting off some steam after such a shitty outing.

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
:Yawn: I'm done with you.

Oh however will I cope.

T-boy
How long left in the game?

jloome
isn't it hard for you to argue pointlessly with two people at the same time? stick with DoubleUp because there's no way i'm getting involved in a war of words with you over something so pointless. you can go back to your passive aggressive comments towards him where you question his intelligence. if you decide to reply to this, that's your right, but i wont be replying again. i'm not getting involved.

Calling out two people behaving like reactionary dicks towards everyone else posting isn't particularly, hard, no. Bye bye now.

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:22 PM

79' now

FluSH
Did Nelsen and the team get the memo? There is only one team... Actually make that two teams... Two teams that we can not absolutely accept defeat...

Montreal and Columbus.

Eastend

Too long for my heart......12 plus at least 5-7 injury

Eastend
05-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Hearing MTL supporters chanting... It's torture... A slow twisting knife inside of me.

I hate to say it but they have been fantastic the full match.

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
bostock trying some of those kansas city skydome moves.
refs not going for it.

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Did Nelsen and the team get the memo? There is only one team... Actually make that two teams... Two teams that we can not absolutely accept defeat...

Montreal and Columbus.

He took them lightly, they played their starting midfield, we got crushed. Pretty bad call; I wonder if he wears it in the presser .

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
wow, unlucky, how did bennett not get that?

ag futbol
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
To be fair he still developing, so its not set in stone.

But a box to box midfielder isnt Overtly defensive in the sense that he will rip a guys leg off with a tackle(if he does it, its a bonus)g:D, Most of his defensive work will come from reading the game and cutting out passes .
Well that's the thing, he should probably contribute something. Haven't seen it as of yet, looks like a Champaign footballer

__wowza
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
He took them lightly, they played their starting midfield, we got crushed. Pretty bad call; I wonder if he wears it in the presser .

that's gonna be a real test for him, $20 says he deflects it to an injury excuse.
but again.. what're you gonna do, bring on o'dea when you were trailing 3 goals?

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:28 PM
omg, slide bennett slide!!!!

T-boy
Even if this is an error in selection from Nelson, it really proves that TFC have a long ways to go yet. It just shows that we really lack quality depth. For sure, our first choice 11 players aren't terrible, but if we lose 2 or 3 of those players, then TFC aren't competative yet.

FluSH
Making Bush into a Martyr... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Ivy
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
If there's less than 7 minutes added time, the ref hates TFC.

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
ugh we're never going to hear the end of it if the (MLS) montreal impact qualify for champions league and do better then we have in the past. fuck.

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Making Bush into a Martyr... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

The ball was loose when he went in.

bigredone
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
aaaarggggh its like a dagger in my heart

jloome
05-01-2013, 08:31 PM
RJ Broadhead is painful. "This wasn't easy for Montreal..." Yeah, RJ, it was pretty fucking easy.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 08:31 PM
The guys on the fringes of the team, Wiedeman, Bekker, Henry, Bostock, Bennett, Morgan and maybe even Frei showing they are not up to the task

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
somebody needs to make a 'i'll come to the stadium in a speedo if tfc scores two.' post

The guys on the fringes of the team, Wiedeman, Bekker, Henry, Bostock, Bennett, Morgan and maybe even Frei showing they are not up to the task

frei not to blame.

edit: and thats the game. 5-0 can't come back from that boys. it was nice watching with you. wonder how many people stayed for the entire match?

__wowza
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
ugh we're never going to hear the end of it if the (MLS) montreal impact qualify for champions league and do better then we have in the past. fuck.

our 4 cups outweigh their 4 goals any day of the fucking week.
i hope edmonton makes it through and tears them apart.

__wowza
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
somebody needs to make a 'i'll come to the stadium in a speedo if tfc scores two.' post

dibs.

khso11
9 mins extra time!!

FluSH
Losing to the tabernac...

And now it's fucking 5 nil

jloome
The Massacre in Montreal

khso11
and fucking morgan

brad
05-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Embarrassing.

Eastend
Good night boys and girls.

Well earned by Montreal. Toronto got it all wrong tonight.

Come on Edmonton.

Dom

jloome
Califf just watches Di Vaio, a man a third his size, get the rebound. Even at 35, the Italian is working harder in the 90th minute than most of our team has all night.

Ivy
Oh Laba.... I feel your pain brother.

DoubleUp
Well that's the thing, he should probably contribute something. Haven't seen it as of yet, looks like a Champaign footballer

I have seen flashes(not just this match), but he was essentially asked to do to much to soon and that was play as a anchor midfielder which he not, with 5 attack minded players in front of you.

Sidenote: Silva as striker was also stupid because he is to high up the pitch is not yet a Finisher and takes away his best quality vision.

SirBobSaget

frei not to blame.

edit: and thats the game. 5-0 can't come back from that boys. it was nice watching with you. wonder how many people stayed for the entire match?

Why not? 5 goals allowed is not worthy of a high paid backup

TFC07

Montreal making it to the CCL finals? Montreal has chocked last time they were in CCL. lol

sully
Was that morgan tjat handed the ball to montreal to score?

Yohan
I know I didn't put too much emphasis on V Cup but c'mon. this is embarassing.

I hope TFC remembers this night as THE WORST GAME EVER

Super
9 more minutes of this will be torture.

5-0. Yup. That's tough to accept.

Silverlining: we can now focus 100% on making the play-offs for the first time in our history.

FluSH
05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Serioux... Please DeRo defeated The Tabernac... Not TFC

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Toronto media and some of the posters here will have their wish. TFC will now get to concentrate on sneaking into MLS playoffs

JoeyB
You know you're a shit team when you make Montreal look like Bayern.

jloome
Worst. Loss. Ever. This to me hurts worse than the Red Bulls 5-0 in 2008

T-boy
05-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Play offs? haha, that seems highly unlikely right now unfortunately!

I'm hoping this is the reality check that the whole team needs right now. We may have 7 points, but some of the performances haven't been good, Nelson I'm sure is realising he's got a lot of work to do.

OgtheDim
Nelsen

"We weren't good enough."

"We need to show character in these situations."

"I take the blame."

Payne

"That wasn't good enough."

"We will be making changes"

Huyton
Is this worse than losing 5-0 to New York to miss the playoffs?

It sure feels that way.

__wowza
make it five took on the wrong meaning tonight.

im sure id feel much worse if i weren't so drunk.

Donald Duck
thanks TFC to give me a nightmares... the first time even I turn the tv off when the game is still going on... FUCK

khso11
k, done, done this is ridiculous

jloome
Jesus.

ag futbol
I just saw the replay of that 4th goal again on RDS and wow ... Ashton Morgan has regressed

West220Side
Why not? 5 goals allowed is not worthy of a high paid backup

we didn't blame kocic last year with the shakey defense allowing target practice.
why would we blame frei? i'm going to rest my blame with the first h-... i was typing something, but fucking montreal just scored again. fuck montreal man.

FluSH
This is whatt it feels like to get raped...

Ivy
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Lol. I'm going so f-ing crazy that I'm laughing.

khso11
this is just a good slap in the face, so wake up now, buy some fucking players

SirBobSaget
5-0 would have been a dream. I'm thinking this ends 8-0

T-boy
I feel super bad for any TFC who made the trip especially for thie game tonight

DoubleUp

They are more experienced(footyIq) and coached better(and I still dont want nelsen out).

nonc
Morgan needs to sit for weeks and weeks regardless of injuries, even if it means playing an Academy player. His errors are massive and relentless.

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Nelsen

"I take the blame."

Payne

Winter

"'tis pity."

FluSH
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Out of all the fucking teams to lose to... Out of all the fucking teams... Somebody better get fucking arrested here... Bench clearing brawl... This is a disgrace

khso11
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Nelsen

"I take the blame."

Payne

i can see this coming

T-boy
Winter

"'tis pity."

Mariner "we played well, we were unlucky"

torfchamilton
Embarrassing!!

West220Side
Mariner "we played well, we were unlucky"

Cummings

*holds mouth to the side, and mumbles*

FluSH
Raped... We just got raped.

PopePouri
05-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Winter

"'tis pity."

Errr...They didn't play how I wants them to play. We didn't play futbal.

DoubleUp
I just saw the replay of that 4th goal again on RDS and wow ... Ashton Morgan has regressed

The Mariner decision stalled his development. Turned him back into a kick and chase player, when he was beginning to develop an IQ under Winter.

__wowza
Nelsen

"I take the blame."

Payne

don't forget to talk about the injuries!!

billyfly
05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Never beaten us in Vcup......

khso11
rape over

FluSH
Motherfuckers...

West220Side
fucking mtl 6-0 tfc.
i thought i was watching a football match not a fucking hockey game. 6-0 what the fuck.

JoeyB
can you imagine had this happened with 3000 away fans in the stands...

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Go back to your cave. Why are you posting on our board? I'm not posting on your UM02 board.

cochrdoc
05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Toronto at it`s finest in hockey,baseball and soccer tonite.Fuck I need a team to start getting excited about.Time to unload some players,we aren`t good enough

JoeyB
05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Go back to your cave. Why are you posting on our board? I'm not posting on your UM02 board.

I'm sorry a little black humour. Sorry your ego is related to what 11 strangers do in a field. Now get a fucking life.

JohnnyEnglish
05-01-2013, 08:45 PM
The Mariner decision stalled his development. Turned him back into a kick and chase player, when he was beginning to develop an IQ under Winter.

A lot of the mistakes and bad habits are academy level basic, Its pretty embarrassing.

T-boy
Thanks for the text updates guys. I have nothing to say about the result that's productive :(

DoubleUp

There is obvious history Here. Trolling or not!. 6-0 is not far off from his statement.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Might as well cut the dead weight roster players now. No need for them with only the sporadic MLS games coming up. Let academy players see the nbench instead.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Worst loss in TFC history! EDIT: We are never going to stop hearing about this loss for a while. I never been ashamed of being a TFC fan.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry a little black humour. Sorry your ego is related to what 11 strangers do in a field. Now get a fucking life.

It shows a total lack of class to mock your opponent on their board. But then... you're an Limpact fan, I don't expect class.

FluSH
One of two teams.. I don't ask for much... I don't expect the playoffs let alone a top team... But losing like this to one of our most hated rivals...

Globetrotter
Nelsen: "the guys in there are just gutted"

Section 107
05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
This is the most disappointing result in the clubs history. Ashton Morgan needs to disappear for a month and sort himself out and for that matter so can Reggie Lamb.

ProfessorDamage
Is this worse than losing 5-0 to New York to miss the playoffs?

It sure feels that way.

It's not. This team has not suffered a loss worse than the one against New York in 2009. We needed a draw to make the playoffs that day, and we failed even that. I get angry to this day just thinking about it.

JamboAl
Boy, am I glad work interfered with my trip to Montreal. We were lucky to only lose 6-0.

West220Side
05-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Might as well cut the dead weight roster players now. No need for them with only the sporadic MLS games coming up. Let academy players see the nbench instead.

There's definitely some players who need to drop down to the reserves and there's an obvious need for some more missing pieces we've known this since before this match. I'm not worried about MLS play though, I mean... look at the side we started its not like we're playing this side in league matches. we'll be back to 1-1 draws in no time. i'm not worried. i'm pissed about losing to montreal.

would it be the worst thing to trade frei to nyrb for some missing pieces? (note: i say this being one of the frei fans. i've got his jersey autographed and i've been waiting for him to break 100 apps to throw up a banner. don't attack...)

DoubleUp
A lot of the mistakes and bad habits are academy level basic, Its pretty embarrassing.

our academy is infantile in development.

He was a decent prospect when he graduated, that needed proper coaching .

FluSH
Nelsen: "the guys in there are just gutted"

Gutted?!

They better be FUCKIN VOMITTING! That's how I feel...

__wowza
05-01-2013, 08:50 PM
It's not. This team has not suffered a loss worse than the one against New York in 2009. We needed a draw to make the playoffs that day, and we failed even that. I get angry to this day just thinking about it.

you think? i was pretty upset that day too, but it's not like the playoff run would've amounted to anything. not with prekiball.

this just stings.

Canary10
05-01-2013, 08:51 PM
This is the most disappointing result in the clubs history. Ashton Morgan needs to disappear for a month and sort himself out and for that matter so can Reggie Lamb.

His confidence is smashed. He'd be lucky to play on my Toronto Sport and Social Club team right now.

ag futbol
One of two teams.. I don't ask for much... I don't expect the playoffs let alone a top team... But losing like this to one of our most hated rivals...
I'm not going to dwell on it. Just can't buy into these "rivalries" between TFC and other teams. We basically mutually agreed to play B squads last week, that'd never happen if it was that hot blooded.

What kills me is that we started with the B team, but wasted A team minutes on a wasted cause when we have to play again on the weekend. We were behind on the cards then doubled down and busted.

Oldtimer
Nelsen never wanted to progress. He wants to focus on league play. He just didn't expect this extreme of a result.

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 08:52 PM
We are not good enough to make the playoffs and probably won't be good this season to do so. Anybody that suggests this loss makes it easier for us to do that is ignoring the basic issues on this team.

Payne will fix this. And Nelsen can get us there. BUT, somebody on that team has to start taking responsibility in that dressing room. We do not have a leader. Frei ain't it, nor is O'Dea. Frings was it, but he's gone. It also isn't really in DK's nature. Laba ain't really it. And Earnshaw isn't it either. And the rest are too young.

We need a heart transplant.

DoubleUp
His confidence is smashed. He'd be lucky to play on my Toronto Sport and Social Club team right now.

:lol:

ProfessorDamage
you think? i was pretty upset that day too, but it's not like the playoff run would've amounted to anything. not with prekiball.

this just stings.

Oh, this is bad, don't get me wrong, but yeah, I'd rank the New York game as the top loss ever. And it wasn't Prekiball yet. It was Cummins-ball back then.

Canary10
05-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Nelsen never wanted to progress. He wants to focus on league play. He just didn't expect this extreme of a result.

Ha, wasn't that Cathal Kelly's point?

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 08:54 PM
If Nelsen says anything less than he is "humiliated and ashamed", and that we have seen the last of some of these roster players then I will have lost hope for him.

Section 107
05-01-2013, 08:54 PM
To make matters worse half my family supports the impact......endless texts I almost threw my phone off the balcony.

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Please dont make this the excuse, because if we dont get the desired results in the league. Thats grounds for dismissal.

Nerepis

Mods, where is the ban for Trolling? Keep it classy JoeyB.

OgtheDim
And somebody better make it perfectly clear to TFC that a loss like that is unacceptable to the supporters. I think the Impact fans got it right. They were embarrassed last week. Now we are. If we had a home match this week, there would be banners.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Ha, wasn't that Cathal Kelly's point?

Yes it was, and Cathal was right on that one point.

nonc
05-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Gutted?!

They better be FUCKIN VOMITTING! That's how I feel...

i think they meant it as a joke since nelsen defends his players and downplays bad events at all costs rather than lay into them. reminiscent of winter except language barrier contributed to that.

Razor
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Complete and utter disgrace.

The entire back line couldn't defend if their life depended on it. What a disaster.

I actually felt sorry for Frei and any TFC supporters that traveled to watch this shit show.

reggie
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
PB..on twitter ...congratz to joey saputo...now keep it in the east...go f yrself paul...maybe the impact will hire you...after tim cleans house.

FluSH
05-01-2013, 08:59 PM
PB..on twitter ...congratz to joey saputo...now keep it in the east...go f yrself paul...maybe the impact will hire you...after tim cleans house.

Are you fucking kidding me? Did Paul Bernie just say that shit? Is he drunk?

__wowza
05-01-2013, 09:00 PM
And somebody better make it perfectly clear to TFC that a loss like that is unacceptable to the supporters. I think the Impact fans got it right. They were embarrassed last week. Now we are. If we had a home match this week, there would be banners.

they were pissed that they lost by two goals on an away match playing their B team against another B team.

moralis
05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Fucking shit result and performance. I will do my part and sit and not chant at the next home game.

WE NEED TO MAKE A STATEMENT AND NOT TAKE THIS SHIT AGAIN. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 09:02 PM

(MOST)Toronto supporters have hard time calling a spade a spade.

I have had endless keyboard duals with people on this board that fought me tooth and nail against me because I was saying things that weren't "en vogue".

The koevermans being out of shape begining of last season, is one that comes to mind. Only for it to become fact later on in the season.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Bring out the black shirt for next home game

reggie
Are you fucking kidding me? Did Paul Bernie just say that shit? Is he drunk?

he sure did...why not a sorry to the fans that pay yr salary..

West220Side
exact tweet:

Paul Beirne ‏@Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)20m (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/329772664619139072)
Congratulations @JoeySaputo (https://twitter.com/JoeySaputo) and @impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal) on advancing to the Final. Now do the right thing and keep that trophy in the east.

FluSH
05-01-2013, 09:04 PM

A face to face sit down... I'll say it again... There are two teams we hate - Montreal Impact and Columbus... You do not tarnish and disgrace our club (who has no history of winning) even further by getting bossed and raped by these two teams.

It should be fucking clear TO ALL. This is where we draw the line... Montreal and Columbus. We don't accept defeat by these fucking teams....

OgtheDim
they were pissed that they lost by two goals on an away match playing their B team against another B team.

No, they were pissed because they didn't seem to try to win and that their coach suggested after the game that he didn't care.

While our team, for some reason, now seems to think its OK to congratulate and hope one of our biggest rivals beats a team from out West?!?!?!

This would be the team where a bunch of their supporters last year threw chairs from our stand out towards TFC people who were leaving.

Paul B has no fricking clue.

Globetrotter
You want to make a statement? You know how much we hate Columbus... wear yellow to the next home game (which is against the crew).

TFC07
exact tweet:

Paul Beirne ‏@Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)20m (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/status/329772664619139072)
Congratulations @JoeySaputo (https://twitter.com/JoeySaputo) and @impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal) on advancing to the Final. Now do the right thing and keep that trophy in the east.
No surprises there! Saputo always at Toronto when Impact is in town and usually gets the best seats and hangs out with TFC FO. EDIT: It explains what type of relationship our FO has with Saputo. Remember all "free" tickets Saputo give to TFC FO? I am sure they're best of friends and helping each other out.

PopePouri
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
#makeitsix

Detroit_TFC
Fucking hell.

And two away games to follow this up. That's not a good scenario.

FluSH
exact tweet:

This guy just buried himself in my eyes... No honour... No respect.

mar1960
05-01-2013, 09:07 PM
fucking disgrace

Nerepis
05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
exact tweet:

What a disgrace to the badge.

RedsYNWA
Complete and utter disgrace !!!!

FluSH
Our supporters have spilled blood defending our club both in Montreal and Columbus... And this joker is congratulating The Impact like its a friendly cards game.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 09:09 PM
What a horrible tweet by PB. Say it in a telephone call. Not in front of your supporters as they are gutted in disbelief.

Greatest Ripoff
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
For everyone who thought this tournament was a waste of time and held us back from competing in the MLS, what are you going to say when Toronto is still shit this year and can't compete in the league?

TFC07
Our supporters have spilled blood defending our club both in Montreal and Columbus... And this joker is congratulating The Impact like its a friendly cards game.

TFC FO and Saputo are friends and always helping each other. No surprises reading that tweet from PB.

BuSaPuNk
Yep just shows how much the FO cares about anything to do with this club outside the bottom line. So now what's our response to this?

Razor
Probably a good thing TFC and PB won't be showing their faces for a few weeks.

FluSH
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Not only did we get raped... But Paul Bernie just padded them in the back congratulating them for the screw.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Probably a good thing TFC and PB don't show their faces for a few weeks.They're lucky they're 3 weeks away playing at BMO field instead of this weekend.

Initial B
05-01-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm sure PB was trying to sound gracious in defeat, but it comes across as gutless simpering. And he's our PR manager!? Payne needs to tell him to clean out his desk.

It was really hard reading the posts tonight. Maybe its a blessing there were no streams available tonight. Does anyone have the ear of someone who would be inside the locker room when Nelsen confronts the team tonight? I'm really interested to hear how the coach reacts to this.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
TFC FO and Saputo are friends and always helping each other. No surprises reading that tweet from PB.

Someone point me to the congratulations from Saputo when TFC beat the Impact 6-1.

reggie
05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
we sure got our DP tonight from the impact and PB....

Benficachop20
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
u guys surprised? we look like the same garbage as we did last season, the only game we deserved to win was the houston game and the montreal first leg, otherwise we are lucky to even have as many points that we have now. League play its 1 fucking win in our last 22 games, We have not improved under Nelsen, and dont tell me we need time because Montreal is a good example that u don't need fucking 5 years to get a team to learn how to pass the ball around ffs. Maybe one day we will actually hire a good manager, and do a proper job scouting, rather than just hiring friends.

bman27
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 1m (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/329780887992553472) Nelsen on responsibility: I put the team out. When it breaks down, it's on me. #TFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFClive&src=hash)

Azerban
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Yes it was, and Cathal was right on that one point.

beep boop does not compute

georgesd
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I've posted on your board quite a few times in the past. I'm an Impact fan. I recall congratulating your moderator on such a good blog for TFC. Now I'm going back 3 years or so. My point: not all Impact fans are classless. I've always shown respect for TFC. In retrospect, I'm sure I felt as bad, if not worse, when Impact fielded a B team and dropped a 6-1 decision in 2009 I believe.
Hey, nobody likes to lose so badly. It happens to most teams at some point in their history. I'm not convinced TFC are on the right track after tonight but there has been progress. Your first 6 games or so this season haven't gone altogether badly. This one you have to forgive and forget no matter what history tells you. It will take another year probably, maybe another coaching change, maybe not (remember Jessie Marsch?). Shit happens and we all know it stinks.
Recoup, regroup and win the next one. This will change a lot of the wiff shit creates.
Bonne chance, g

notthesun
Fucking embarrassing.

Morgan fucking sucks, by the way. I take back whatever good things I said about him.

Eastend
This guy just buried himself in my eyes... No honour... No respect.

Well, there's your banner.

reggie
7 Yrs and counting....shall we go to the island airport to greet them..

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
If you're going to shit the bed, might as well do in style! Congrats, TFC! You just set the bar for incompetence! Man, I love this club. My club!

Greatest Ripoff
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
so how do we get refunded for the ticket to the final?

TOBOR !
05-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I do believe that this is what is known in the colonies as "shitting the bed", eh wot?

OgtheDim
OgtheDim @Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) You know, if a Liverpool exec said that right after a 6-0 cup semi-final loss to Everton, he'd be asked to quit.

Sorry, but I don't know how more plain to put it.

There are many things that went badly wrong tonight.

But what sort of an organization allows that?

BuSaPuNk
Well, there's your banner.

I'm on board for that.

West220Side
so how do we get refunded for the ticket to the final?

Ask Paul Beirne.

reggie
05-01-2013, 09:25 PM
i wonder if tim saw that crap....

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 09:26 PM
OgtheDim @Paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) You know, if a Liverpool exec said that right after a 6-0 cup semi-final loss to Everton, he'd be asked to quit.

Is it just me or did responses to his tweet get removed?

BuSaPuNk
Refund no way. LoL

Here at TFC along with MLSE we take your money put out a shit product and take your money. And instead of fixing it we just congratulate the other team and pretend we're in a fantasy land were everything is hunky dory.

DoubleUp
I've posted on your board quite a few times in the past. I'm an Impact fan. I recall congratulating your moderator on such a good blog for TFC. Now I'm going back 3 years or so. My point: not all Impact fans are classless. I've always shown respect for TFC. In retrospect, I'm sure I felt as bad, if not worse, when Impact fielded a B team and dropped a 6-1 decision in 2009 I believe.
Hey, nobody likes to lose so badly. It happens to most teams at some point in their history. I'm not convinced TFC are on the right track after tonight but there has been progress. Your first 6 games or so this season haven't gone altogether badly. This one you have to forgive and forget no matter what history tells you. It will take another year probably, maybe another coaching change, maybe not (remember Jessie Marsch?). Shit happens and we all know it stinks.

Recoup, regroup and win the next one. This will change a lot of the wiff shit creates.
Bonne chance, g

Thank you for your kind words.

TFC07
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Someone point me to the congratulations from Saputo when TFC beat the Impact 6-1.

That was before Montreal joined MLS. Behind the scenes, they're all friends. lol For the record, I am NOT supporting PB's tweet, but at the same time, I am not surprised.

Couchy81
Our roster is thin at least now we don't bog down our MLS schedule with extra games like the past 4 years.

billyfly
He removed them.

BuSaPuNk

Some of them but not all yet... My two are still there.

moralis
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Someone keep Paul Beirne's tweet and tell him to shove it. He needs to be fired. Absolute disgrace to this club. Ask him at next years town hall meetings.

bman27
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/329783268113264640) I asked Nelsen if there's anything left to say?: "We lost every key play. #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) just punished us. Every mistake we made we got punished."

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/329783499550765058)
Nelsen on if #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) gave up: "No. We were inexperienced. We chased things that weren't there and gambled. Lost shape, and got punished." #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 37s (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/329783903504187392)
Nelsen on why rest O'Dea: "I've got quite a few injuries. In saying that, Doneil Henry's a Canadian international. Califf's played well."

billyfly
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Someone keep Paul Beirne's tweet and tell him to shove it. He needs to be fired. Absolute disgrace to this club. Ask him at next years town hall meetings.

He'll be gone by then.

ultra_hell07
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Bonne chance, g
Respect.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Some of them but not all yet... My two are still there.

I can see my 2 but maybe thats only because theyre mine ... I can hemPrizby's and Juncyions. Weasel is removing only. CAll him out!!!

OgtheDim
05-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Yes, they did, which is why I made sure I didn't respond to all 3 recipients and used the #tfclive hashtag for the second one.

The media won't touch it as a) he's their conduit to information & b) who wants to be seen to be less then nice?

His tweet will not get him into trouble with anybody but supporters. And, frankly, I don't think he cares.

tfcleeds
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM

Beirne can fuck himself. Up the ass. I still haven't read what he said, but he can do so anyway. He is part of the disease that is a part of this club. Fuck you!

billyfly
I can see my 2 but maybe thats only because theyre mine ... I can hemPrizby's and Juncyions. Weasel is removing only. CAll him out!!!

Did you refresh?

BuSaPuNk

Yeah I don't know but not surprising. Letter campaign to the FO to remove this douchebag.

mar1960
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Paul u fucking idiot

DoubleUp
05-01-2013, 09:33 PM
That was before Montreal joined MLS. Behind the scenes, they're all friends. lol For the record, I am NOT supporting PB's tweet, but at the same time, I am not surprised.

Exactly! this is Canada!, and the Canadian soccer community is very small.

So the people that actually run the show dont have that "us versus them" mentality that the fans might have, because they understand that they all trying to achieve the same goal. Make money and help Canadian soccer.

reggie
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/329783268113264640) I asked Nelsen if there's anything left to say?: "We lost every key play. #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) just punished us. Every mistake we made we got punished."

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/329783499550765058)
Nelsen on if #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) gave up: "No. We were inexperienced. We chased things that weren't there and gambled. Lost shape, and got punished." #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 37s (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/329783903504187392)
Nelsen on why rest O'Dea: "I've got quite a few injuries. In saying that, Doneil Henry's a Canadian international. Califf's played well."

i like doneil....but canadian international....com on ryan.have you seen our nat team...nobody plays well when u lose 6 fucking nil

__wowza
My point: not all Impact fans are classless. I've always shown respect for TFC. In retrospect, I'm sure I felt as bad, if not worse, when Impact fielded a B team and dropped a 6-1 decision in 2009 I believe.
Bonne chance, g

bahhhh! damn you coming on here with your politeness and logic!
it makes it harder to label fans as classless when an impact fan comes in and makes a valid point.

i think the main difference between now and 09 is that you guys were already eliminated and had a big game the following week. this game was actually supposed to mean something. it was never going to be a cakewalk, especially since all i've been reading this week was how the impact were going to come in and give us hell, but 6-0 for a game we should've care about fuckin hurts. these things take awhile to shake off, but after 7 years of losing, this ones gonna take longer than usual.

i think my main issue is that this was the one thing that was always a given to us, something we didn't really take for granted, but something we expected. something that we could look at and say "hey, maybe we great in the MLS, but at least we're the best in canada". now? now we can't even say that. it was a point of pride, a fallback that we don't even have anymore, and to lose 6-0 to a team that's supposed to be our rival.. that just stings.

for the past 4 years this trophy was the sugar that coated the bitter pill.
now the sugars gone and we still have to swallow the poison.

don't mind me, im drunk and melodramatic right now.
EDIT: thanks for coming on and being pure class, seriously.

billyfly
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
You congratulate on the phone or in person. Not on twitter in front of your grieving paying customers.

GabrielHurl
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Lord Voldermort is sticking up for him

cathalkelly ‏@cathalkelly (https://twitter.com/cathalkelly) 16m (https://twitter.com/cathalkelly/status/329781598994182145) TFC VP @paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) being ripped for felicitations to victors, Montreal. Only in Toronto can showing class be mistaken for treachery.

ag futbol
Yeah if we weren't the team that we were, if the front office didn't have the history it does, if the score wasn't what it was, then maybe nobody would give a crap about PB's tweets.

Unfortunately, we are all of those things and it just comes across as one more example of the people up top with this team taking losing way too lightly.

If Cathal Kelly wants to talk about classy? Let's look at all those over-done TFC PR gigs and glossy pamphlets visa vi the product we've been offered on the field.

BuSaPuNk
You congratulate on the phone or in person. Not on twitter in front of your grieving paying customers.

Bingo. Ever see this from any other NA sports team?

reggie
05-01-2013, 09:36 PM
PM must be shitting his short pants tonight.

Daze
05-01-2013, 09:37 PM
I think coming down with the flu and going to bed earlier tonight was a huge blessing in disguise for me, just for the simple fact I didn't have to watch my three hometown teams lose by a combined score of 20-2 against our some of our closest rivals.

Words really cannot describe how ashamed I am of this city and everyone involved with putting on the shit-show that was Toronto sports tonight.

Since I've bought my seasons this season I might as well still use them but if this continues I'm not renewing next year. I guess I'll just have to settle with boycotting any MLSE products for the rest of the season and the foreseeable future.

I don't want Beirne with in a 100 Mile radius of this club. Some fucking nerve to say something like that.

West220Side
gonna be my last post of the night. see you in july montreal...

TOBOR !
i like doneil....but canadian international....com on ryan.have you seen our nat team...nobody plays well when u lose 6 fucking nil

Maybe he didn't see the game against Honduras...

billyfly
Oh if Kessel doesn't talk to one of us, lets all gang up on him....

recognize this for what it is CK. context is everything.

OfficeGuy
05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Bonne chance, g

Classy words.....you are a true fan - Cheers!

Montreal bossed their way through my beloved TFC in Stade Saputo - Congrats on the win! - this will be one of the greatest games in Impact History!
Allez les Bleu........

But I remain RED forever.

Oldtimer
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Bonne chance, g

Thanks, yours is a classy post.
I hope you beat those Mexicans in the CCL, no one else seems to be able to.

Jack
05-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Disgraceful. Nothing else to say.

SirBobSaget
05-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Lord Voldermort is sticking up for him

cathalkelly ‏@cathalkelly (https://twitter.com/cathalkelly) 16m (https://twitter.com/cathalkelly/status/329781598994182145) TFC VP @paulbeirne (https://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) being ripped for felicitations to victors, Montreal. Only in Toronto can showing class be mistaken for treachery.

Haha Voldemort is right!!! He didn't even watch. Whats wrong with these guys? Doesn't aANYONE that earns a living off the supporters backs care!!!!