PDA

View Full Version : The Danny Koevermans thread

Yohan
04-26-2013, 12:15 PM
According to Larson

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN)14m (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/327829038284558336)
Koevermans basically in full training. Moving very well. Return could be sooner than early forecasts. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash).

Danny K must be working out like a fiend. If Danny K does come back, he never plays on turf ever again.

Jack
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
If Danny K comes back in shape, him and Earnshaw could be a pretty nice pairing.

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Great news. Koevs is the perfect complimentary player to Earnshaw up front.

Derko
04-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Excellent news

OgtheDim
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Great News.

Any consensus on who leaves to free up the international slot?

Jack
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
I thought we had an extra.

KGH
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Great News.

Any consensus on who leaves to free up the international slot?

We don't need anyone to leave unless we sign another new player.

It will also depend on what we want to do with Earnshaw, Bostock, and Ephraim. If we keep all 3 when their loan expires in June then my guess is T. Morgan is the kid to go.

notthesun
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
We don't need anyone to leave unless we sign another new player.

It will also depend on what we want to do with Earnshaw, Bostock, and Ephraim. If we keep all 3 when their loan expires in June then my guess is T. Morgan is the kid to go.

Russell as well.

KGH
04-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Russell as well.

He's got a green card

notthesun
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
He's got a green card

Really? I thought that was only Julio Cesar, I must've missed that.

KGH
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Really? I thought that was only Julio Cesar, I must've missed that.

They both do.

TFC07
04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
If Danny K can regain his form from last season, then we are going to see a lot of goals scored. Earnshaw and Koeverman (if he regain his last season form) could be most dangerous duo in MLS.

OgtheDim
04-26-2013, 01:14 PM
I thought Laba took us to the limit?

Me bad...

Yohan
04-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Should be interesting to see how Danny K adapts to playing with Earnshaw.

Although Danny K is a big dude, he was mostly playing like a poacher for TFC, the role that Earnshaw plays now. Danny K will be asked to play more of a hold up role like Braun, and drop more into midfield as a link up man. This kinda negates Danny K's best game which is to lurk around 6 yd box and pounce on loose balls.

Especially coming back from an injury, I'm not sure if asking him to play a role that requires a lot of banging bodies is going to be good for him.

Auzzy
04-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Koevermans will have been here two years in June. Any chance he might be getting his Cdn permanent residency? From interviews etc., it sounds like he's well settled & happy here with his family, just wondering...

spark
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Should be interesting to see how Danny K adapts to playing with Earnshaw.

Although Danny K is a big dude, he was mostly playing like a poacher for TFC, the role that Earnshaw plays now. Danny K will be asked to play more of a hold up role like Braun, and drop more into midfield as a link up man. This kinda negates Danny K's best game which is to lurk around 6 yd box and pounce on loose balls.

Especially coming back from an injury, I'm not sure if asking him to play a role that requires a lot of banging bodies is going to be good for him.

IMO this is an important part of the discussion.

Earnshaw is not know for setting up players, or getting many assists. So I'm not expecting an even/balanced 1-2 punch of these two delivering. They are both poachers, just different in size/stature.

However, Danny has that bizarre knack at getting the slightest redirection into goal that will be important for deliveries from Ephraim/Bostock/Morgan/Ecks.

One thing that might be nice though is giving someone like Luis Silva TWO good options up top to feed the ball to and work off of.

Richard
04-26-2013, 05:28 PM
This is good news. If he returns to form I hope he decides to stay with TFC, even if its a pay cut.

I think he could be someone the organization could really benefit from, very good role model and character for other players.

dantdot
04-26-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/04/26/danny-koevermans-april-26-2013

Video of him running around, getting some touches. Looking good.

Richard
04-26-2013, 05:36 PM
^ A tackle too, good signs overall.

Redcoe15
04-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Can't come soon enough.

OgtheDim
04-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Watched that and wondered why it was mostly the coaches.

Then watched the interview with Nelsen afterwards and he indicated they were trying to create a pre-season atmosphere for him and he's about a month away from playing.

Which leads me to believe that

a) he's valued by the team as they are spending quite a bit of time and energy creating scrimmages just for him. He is being counted on to contribute this season.

b) He probably will first come in as a sub June 1 against Philly. I can't see them play him in New England or against Columbus. With one potential before that. IF we don't get past Montreal, there is likely to be a 15th May meaningless friendly (half season pack option B had that day penciled in). He could play in that.

Auzzy
04-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Nelsen in his Friday interview said DK is about a month away. I don't think he'll be playing May 15th, more like end of May/early June.

sdcfan18
04-27-2013, 06:55 AM
If Danny K comes back in shape, him and Earnshaw could be a pretty nice pairing.

This. Oh god, the possibilities!