PDA

View Full Version : Voyageurs Cup Rosters Announced

flamehawk
04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2013/04/2013-amway-canadian-championship-rosters-announced

The strange thing I noticed with TFC's roster is that Ashton Bennett is not listed - despite only having 23 players out of the maximum of 30 players registered. What's going on with him? He didn't start for the reserves game either though seems to score whenever given the chance. Will he not be here very soon?

notthesun
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
He did start in the reserve game, and he scored the second goal. That is pretty odd that he's not on the roster, I thought he might've gotten a chance at some minutes.

Oldtimer
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
You are allowed to add to your rosters later, it's well-advised to leave spaces free, in case you do a trade and end up with a player who is cap-tied to another team. Putting marginal players on the roster early could cost you later.

flamehawk
04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
He did start in the reserve game, and he scored the second goal. That is pretty odd that he's not on the roster, I thought he might've gotten a chance at some minutes.

Well, he played the second half, but didn't start the game. They had Taylor Morgan and Braun up front, with Wiederman, Welshman, Bekker, and an academy kid in midfield.