PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post - Voyageurs Cup Semi Final Leg 1: Montreal at TFC, Wed 24 Apr 7:30pm

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
04-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Looks like Montreal will be starting back up Evan Bush in goal. Probably a lot of regulars getting a rest. So likely no Nesta, no di Vaio.
http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2013/04/montreal-impact-marco-schallibaum-evan-bush-start-toronto-fc

Fort York Redcoat
04-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Yes please and Thank yous.

Stouffville_RPB
04-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Would like to see Nelsen use this game to get some players who have sat quite a bit some minutes, starting with Frei.

---------------Frei----------------
Richter----Califf---Henry----Morgan
Lambe---Bekker---Osorio---Ephraim
------------Bostock---------------
-------------Braun----------------

OgtheDim
04-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Frei should start. And Califf.

Apart from that, rest should be starters. Montreal will be going for a 1-1 draw. We want a 2-0 or 3-0 win here to pile on the pressure for the next game.

And, the way Vancouver played on the weekend, they will be in tough with Edmonton.

Yes, I take this seriously. Given we are in another transition year, CCL is a good goal.

Oldtimer
04-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Vancouver looks like they are in pretty poor shape. It's between us and Montreal. I would say that on balance, Montreal has the edge. However, winning thye first one by a sufficient number of goals could change the game and make us favourites.

mdc 77
04-22-2013, 08:29 AM
I believe this match begins at 7:30pm. Unlike the 8pm starts of previous years.

Walms
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes please and Thank yous.

If they wanna do us a favor thats great... I hope Nelson takes this seriously becuase "5 Years in a Row" means more to me personaly than the playoffs this year (we would drop out in the first round anyway)

PS>>>> I have about 100+ RED/REDER/WHITE Ballons I've been "borrowing" from work over the past few weekends. I was going to save them all for next week in Montreal but I can also bring half to BMO.... should I?

T-boy
04-22-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't want to see Nelson rest anybody in this game. We are still behind from lack of preseason - lets have this as an extra game for the players to gel.

If we can start putting away come goals, we can do this. If Montreal rest some players, they are there for the taking.

ryan
04-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Nice weekly weather, 6/7 days showing mid teens and sunshine. Of course the TFC home match gets 8 degrees and rain.

What the shit is this crap, every TFC home match is shit weather sandwiched between decent weather. Even mother nature hates us, let alone the football gods who despise our very existence.

BuSaPuNk
04-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Yep yep yep bring the balloons!!!

Yohan
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
I believe this match begins at 7:30pm. Unlike the 8pm starts of previous years.
mods, please change the title to reflect this

BuSaPuNk
04-22-2013, 09:53 AM
7:45 to be exact.

Walms
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Yep yep yep bring the balloons!!!

Will do! amiming to be at Joes for 5

Pint
04-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Streamers are okay for since it is a cup game right? or is it a BMO field rule that we are not allowed to throw streamers

gdg_9
04-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Streamers are okay for since it is a cup game right? or is it a BMO field rule that we are not allowed to throw streamers

Why did this change???

I used to love seeing opposing players showered with streamers at every corner kick!
It was one of the things that made BMO awesome.

flatpicker
04-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Why did this change???

I used to love seeing opposing players showered with streamers at every corner kick!

Because it interferes with the game.
Imagine it was ok to throw garbage onto the ice at a hockey game.
Yeah, it looked cool, and was fun for a while.
But it really isn't appropriate.

ryan
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM

It interferes with the other team, meh. If they are thinking about streamers, they aren't fully focused on their kick. Sorry that I don't care. :)

Dreadlocks
04-22-2013, 11:08 AM
“The difference here is there is the return match,” added Schällibaum. “We have to play well tactically on the road and then we come home to play at Stade Saputo in front of our supporters where we have home field advantage where we will have the last word.”

Sounds like they`re playing for the draw??!!??

bigredone
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Earnshaw will start and we WILL win. By how much it depends on their line-up and Frei starting.

Someone said CCL is a good goal in a tone that belittles it to the MLS playoffs. Same old shit!

TFC07
04-22-2013, 12:18 PM
We need score couple of goals if we want to beat Montreal and make it to the finals. One goal isn't going to be enough to beat Montreal.

Derko
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Attacking Football, and defend well until the last whistle

notthesun
04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
There's a number of ways you could go with this lineup. I'm not dead set on the the following, I'm just gonna throw it out there.

---------------Frei------------------
Richter----Califf----O'Dea----Morgan
Lambe-----Hall----Osorio----Welshman
--------------Bostock---------------
-------------Earnshaw--------------

Frei starts for sure. I'd be open to giving Emory the start at LB if he's 100% fit. Califf gets his chance to get his starting spot back. I think starting Osorio and Bekker together in midfield is too defensively liable, so one will have to come off the bench, and I'm giving the start to Osorio because he's done well. If Welshman is fit I'd like to see him start. Earnshaw starts because we need goals, but sub him off around the 70-75th minute. Maybe give Bennett a run out against tired defenders, he scored in the reserve game.

edit: Apparently Bennett isn't on the submitted roster... odd. T. Morgan then I guess.

I'm very keen on starting Bostock at AM. Another option would be to start Bekker at AM, drop Welshman to the bench and put Bostock at either wide midfield position. But I want to see what Bostock can do from the middle of the park. Ephraim got his chance there, only fair Bostock does as well.

Both teams are going to be putting out depth lineups of sorts. It should be an interesting match.

Yohan
04-22-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd like to see reserve players get a run out, but I think Nelsen will play first team. One way or another, we have to get a better look at reserve players whether they are worth keeping or not, especially if Montreal is giving a lot of their first teamers a rest.

--------------Frei
Richter-Henry-Califf-A Morgan
Lambe-Hall-Bostock-Ephraim
-----Wiedeman-T Morgan

gdg_9
04-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Why did this change???

Just like a fan reaching over the wall for a foul ball preventing the visiting player from making the out interferes with a baseball game.

Or how a crowd trying to drown out the QB's play-calls interferes with a football game.

Or a basketball fan throwing a towel in the air to distract an opposing player's free-throw attempt (Raptors Superfan!).

It's called home-field advantage!

Now if it was stopped for legitimate safety concerns (i.e. if some idiot ruined it for everyone by throwing something besides streamers) I could understand that.

But if it's only because it "interfered" with the game? That's a shame.

Anyway... back on topic.

TFC 2 - 1 MTL is my prediction.
Unfortunately I still don't think we'll be able to keep a clean sheet.

bigredone
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Going for broke here! All hands on deck. Bostock would be a safe bet.

Walms
04-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Is anyone else couting down the seconds till kickoff? I hope Nelson goes Balls out for this and fields our strongest 11

Pint
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Start my Internship on Wednesday... hopefully i will be able to get home with enough time to get downtown and have a beer before kickoff.

Safe to assume that we see Frei, and Bostock starting.

bigredone
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Is anyone else couting down the seconds till kickoff? I hope Nelson goes Balls out for this and fields our strongest 11

Fuck yeah!!!! shhhh, this is also my first game this year.

RealG-TFC
04-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Looks like they've added Paponi.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/clubs-s15266

notthesun
04-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Perkins, Nesta and Di Vaio all confirmed not to have traveled.

khso11
04-24-2013, 12:02 AM
so....it's a weekday evening game....let's get rowdy!!!!

Yohan
04-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Perkins, Nesta and Di Vaio all confirmed not to have traveled.
and Ferrari

very vulnerable defence for Mtl

daner90
04-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Fuck yeah!!!! shhhh, this is also my first game this year.

Samesies. The wife and I are making the trip in from the dirty shwa to watch us pound the fuck out of the dirty impact

TIC TAC TABERNAC!!!!

ManUtd4ever
04-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Even though Montreal is taking this game lightly, I hope Nelsen doesn't return the favor. We have a title to defend.

It might not be much, but it's all we've got for now. ;)

khso11
04-24-2013, 06:52 AM
four years in a row
four years in a rooooowwwwww
CANADIAN CHAMPIONS
four years in a row

(five soon)

Carts
04-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Even though Montreal is taking this game lightly, I hope Nelsen doesn't return the favor. We have a title to defend.

It might not be much, but it's all we've got for now. ;)

100% agree! In fact, I hope he goes the opposite...

They left a bunch of regulars are at home - play our strongest 11 and try and win it 2-0 / 3-0 & stick it to them...

God knows, we could use a padded lead heading to MTL...

Oldtimer
04-24-2013, 08:18 AM
The danger is that he could look at the Voyageurs Cup the same way one would look at the League Cup in England: nice to have but not a real priority. It's more important than that for us, even if MLS is more important for most fans (If all Canadian MLS were to take the view that it's unimportant, we would see FC Edmonton in the CCL).

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:43 AM
I think Nelsen is going to take this very seriously. Fact is, we need a solid 90 minutes, and a win would do wonders, regardless of whether it is in the league or Canadian championship. Also, it would be a good psychological boost before going in to face the Shite Bulls.

Walms
04-24-2013, 08:53 AM
100% agree! In fact, I hope he goes the opposite...

They left a bunch of regulars are at home - play our strongest 11 and try and win it 2-0 / 3-0 & stick it to them...

God knows, we could use a padded lead heading to MTL...

Absofrigginloutly!!!! They made a mistake, & this is Our Cup, Our House.... Lets beat them

Carts
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
HAMMERS OF HELL...!!!

Let me do all caps!

mook-life
04-24-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm pumped I got the day off I can't wait anymore

Walms
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Okay so I've "Borrowed" about 4 dozen red & white balloons from my work for tonight...... bring em?

Relja
04-24-2013, 09:22 AM
That sucks I was hoping nesta would be coming out so my dad could see him play :(.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 09:25 AM
HAMMERS OF HELL...!!!Let me do all caps!Well, if they do go at them like the hammers of hell, looks like they'll be doing it with "one of the greatest finishers of the modern era". Earnshaw, Bendik, O'Dea all rumoured to be starting on the bench for this one.

Carts
04-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Okay so I've "Borrowed" about 4 dozen red & white balloons from my work for tonight...... bring em?

Why not...!!!

Crowd will be lean with this weather - anything we can do to add to the atmosphere will help...

ManUtd4ever
04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it's too bad the weather forecast sucks tonight. It's going to be a sparse crowd.

Carts
04-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Well, if they do go at them like the hammers of hell, looks like they'll be doing it with "one of the greatest finishers of the modern era". Earnshaw, Bendik, O'Dea all rumoured to be starting on the bench for this one.

FREI is starting...

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/04/frei-start-bid-fifth-cup

Joe Kool
04-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, it's too bad the weather forecast sucks tonight. It's going to be a sparse crowd.

Yeah too bad. Some of the newer players will be wondering how thousands will travel to Montreal but we only get half a stadium at home. Players who were here last year will know weekday V-Cup and CCL attendance in Toronto sucks now throw in some cold weather (rain is supposed to clear) and there you have it. I don't care though. I am going....

Carts
04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah too bad. Some of the newer players will be wondering how thousands will travel to Montreal but we only get half a stadium at home. Players who were here last year will know weekday V-Cup and CCL attendance in Toronto sucks now throw in some cold weather (rain is supposed to clear) and there you have it. I don't care though. I am going....

That's what we like to hear! Me too!

Ajax TFC
04-24-2013, 10:24 AM
I think a strong lineup is in order, but not 100% starting XI. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

---------------Frei-------------
-Richter--Agboss--Califf--Morgan-
-------------Hall---------------
-----Bekker----------Bostock---
-------------Silva--------------
-------Welshman---Braun------

If Emory is good to go, than I would play him. I like the fast striker - big striker combo, but I think Earnshaw needs a rest so Welshman is the logical replacement IMO. He also knows the importance of this tournament better than most (exceptions being maybe Henry and Frei) and will hold absolutely nothing back. Although I think I read something a while back about him picking up an injury. lets hope he's over that.

Walms
04-24-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't care though. I am going....

That's what we like to hear! Me too!

weather is unpredictable.. the only constant is..... I NEVER MISS A VC/CCL MATCH!!!!! see you all tonight

PopePouri
04-24-2013, 10:47 AM
I think a strong lineup is in order, but not 100% starting XI. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

---------------Frei-------------
-Henry--Agboss--Califf--Richter-
-------------Hall---------------
-----Bekker----------Bostock---
-------------Silva--------------
-------Welshman---Braun------

If Emory is good to go, than I would play him. I like the fast striker - big striker combo, but I think Earnshaw needs a rest so Welshman is the logical replacement IMO. He also knows the importance of this tournament better than most (exceptions being maybe Henry and Frei) and will hold absolutely nothing back. Although I think I read something a while back about him picking up an injury. lets hope he's over that.

i would endorse this lineup if Richter was on the right and Morgan was on the left.

Ajax TFC
04-24-2013, 10:54 AM
i would endorse this lineup if Richter was on the right and Morgan was on the left.
woops, you're right. I was thinking that Morgan was injured. I forgot that he was only suspended in the last game. So yes, start Morgan on the left

james
04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
is there going to even be many people at the game tonight?? well more importantly is the supporters in the south end going to be in full voice even tho the stadium is probably going to be half empty.

I don't care if the stadium is half empty as long as the atmosphere is still good I am happy.

Joe Kool
04-24-2013, 12:05 PM
is there going to even be many people at the game tonight?? well more importantly is the supporters in the south end going to be in full voice even tho the stadium is probably going to be half empty.

I don't care if the stadium is half empty as long as the atmosphere is still good I am happy.

Open invitation to everyone...If you see an opening in the supporter end come one over and fill it in with us. I would rather one loud filled in supporter section versus everyone being scattered. I am sure others would agree.

Walms
04-24-2013, 12:53 PM
"Its gonna be wet.....
Its gonna be cold.....
if you choose not to come,
Your getting to Old!!!!!"

PopePouri
04-24-2013, 01:01 PM
The English based players are going to thrive in this weather. Just like home.

ManUtd4ever
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
The English based players are going to thrive in this weather. Just like home.

Haha, true enough. Maybe that's why the Impact left all of their Italian players at home, LOL.

Oldtimer
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Here's how I read the situation:

Both clubs are in tough with their schedules over the next couple of weeks.

Montreal coach hints he's starting second stringers. This is in fact a *hint-hint* *wink-wink* offer for both teams to play their bench.

Nelsen takes the offer, and he'll be playing depth players, with maybe a few starters. Montreal will do the same.

This kind of *nudge-nudge, wink-wink* stuff is done all the time with secondary competitions in Europe. Teams are supposed to always play their top 11, but clubs often find it in their interest to do something else.

So the question is, whose bench is stronger? I think our 'keeper is by far the best backup in MLS. We might be a bit dodgy in quite a few other areas. What do you think? Who has the stronger bench?

JoeyB
04-24-2013, 02:07 PM

5834 to 9890 actual people in the stands. That's my guess. And Justin Braun is going to prove to the world that he's the best player in the MLS tonight. Unless Nelsen thinks he's part of the starting 11.

james
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
it is looking like thousands of people are not even going to bother to go to this game. Lots of tickets to sell, and lots that people are just going to throw away. Sad to see!

Carts
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
A question I should know the answer to but sadly don't...

Is the AWAY GOALS rule in affect for the Canadian Championship...?

Thanks all...
Carts...

Oldtimer
04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
A question I should know the answer to but sadly don't...

Is the AWAY GOALS rule in affect for the Canadian Championship...?

Thanks all...
Carts...

Yes. Applies to the Canadian Championship and to the CCL.
Does not apply to MLS.

ryan
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't believe they do but cannot confirm that.

The 2013 Amway Canadian Championship features a one-vs-four and two-vs-three semi-final format. The four semi-final matches will be played on 24 April (first leg) and 1 May (second leg). Each home-and-away semi-final series will advance the team that scores the most goals over two matches

No mention of it.

bigredone
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
TIE-BREAKER RULES
If the two teams score the same number of goals over the two legs, the team which scores more away goals is determined as the winner. If this tie-breaker does not produce a winner, then both teams will play two 15-minute periods of extra time after the second leg. If, during extra time, both teams score the same number of goals, the away goals will count as double in favour of the visiting team. If no goals are scored during extra time, then kicks from the penalty mark (in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game) will be used to determine the winner
from http://www.canadasoccer.com/the-road-to-and-from-amway-canadian-championship-2012-p150261&t=championship_article

bigredone
04-24-2013, 03:11 PM
We can rest in June!

Hoping that's the motto for tonight!

Super
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Shame we don't have a roof at BMO. We would have seen several thousand more people showing up at the game, and no doubt hundreds of people not sick the following day.

I really wish our stadium wasn't so poor. It's forever and a day my biggest complaint about TFC.

Primavera
04-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know 100% kick-off is at? 7:30 or 7:45?

Alonso
04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Only the brave need come today...

Petor
04-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I have a spare ticket.
I'll be one of the taller guys in Joe's wearing red from 6pm-7pm today pregame.
Wearing a red Team Canada hockey cap if that helps.
The ticket is in 112 and it's free if you want to come and help support. :scarf:

Leaving for Joe's now, should be there before 6pm.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Have to go write the easiest exam in history so I'll probably miss the first half but here's to a 5-0 drubbing of the Limpact. Ashtone Morgan with the first half hat trick. :D

mowe
04-24-2013, 06:10 PM
#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) XI: Frei; Richter, Henry, Califf, Morgan; Bostock, Bekker, Osorio, Welshman; Braun, Wiedeman

#TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) substitutes: Roberts; Agbossoumonde, O'Dea, Ephraim, Silva, Bennett, T. Morgan

Loving the Canadian content. Good to see Welshman get the start.

Ajax TFC
04-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Starting XI:
------------Frei----------
-Richter--Henry--Califf--Morgan-
Bostock-Bekker-Osorio-Welshman
-------Braun----Weideman-----

That CM pairing looks sexy, and glad to see Welshman get a chance. Also lots of good Toronto boys starting.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 06:13 PM
That looks to me like the B team lineup. Glad Califf is there. And Frei. But not looking like the sort of lineup that will get 3 past the Impact. I'm seeing a 1-0. Hope I'm wrong.

Oldtimer
04-24-2013, 06:19 PM
That looks to me like the B team lineup. Glad Califf is there. And Frei. But not looking like the sort of lineup that will get 3 past the Impact. I'm seeing a 1-0. Hope I'm wrong.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I think there is an informal agreement with the Impact for both teams to field their "B" sides, so it depends whose "B" team is stronger.

Richard
04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread, I think there is an informal agreement with the Impact for both teams to field their "B" sides, so it depends whose "B" team is stronger.

Why? Thats kind of mind boggling, we should be wanting to wipe the floor with them. Its our rival ffs.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 06:26 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2797308667/d21a93c29e6d86f27be9707836604f93_normal.pngImpact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal)38m (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/327191767491428352)
XI #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) vs #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) | Bush; Tissot, Ouimette, Camara; Brovsky; Bernier (C); Mapp, Mallace, Warner, Nyassi; Wenger. #IMFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFClive&src=hash)

Impact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal)38m (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/327191824760446977)
Subs #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) vs #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) | Crépeau, Iapichino, Lefèvre, Paponi, Felipe, Pisanu #IMFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFClive&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/327191824760446977)

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Streams?

Yohan
04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2797308667/d21a93c29e6d86f27be9707836604f93_normal.pngImpact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal)38m (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/327191767491428352)
XI #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) vs #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) | Bush; Tissot, Ouimette, Camara; Brovsky; Bernier (C); Mapp, Mallace, Warner, Nyassi; Wenger. #IMFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFClive&src=hash)

Impact de Montréal ‏@impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal)38m (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/327191824760446977)
Subs #IMFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFC&src=hash) vs #TFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC&src=hash) | Crépeau, Iapichino, Lefèvre, Paponi, Felipe, Pisanu #IMFClive (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IMFClive&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/327191824760446977)

---------------Bush
-Brovsky-Ouimette-Camara-Tissot
-------------Bernier
-Nyassi-Warner-Mallace
-------------Wenger

3 Canadians starting for IMFC

ouderwien
04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Now I do not like the idea of collusion with Montreal in regards to fielding B players to aid each other, I do like the idea of having some of our reserve players getting some first team action. Last year, I hated seeing some players not get any action, so in a sense, I am excited to see some of these players get a run. Plus, May 1st, I'm sure the lineups will look different.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Streams?
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/182979/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact.html

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Yohan.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 06:35 PM
dear lord, BMO Field looks like a Chivas USA game

OgtheDim
Ugh...Dobson.

PopePouri
TFC fielding 5 players. Good on them.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Just looking at it, I'd say this easily sets the lowest attendance record at BMO?

T-boy
04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
I didn't think Bennet was included in the squad? He musta been added late on?

mowe
04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Stream: http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/182979/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact.html

jloome
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Starting XI:
------------Frei----------
-Richter--Henry--Califf--Morgan-
Bostock-Bekker-Osorio-Welshman
-------Braun----Weideman-----

That CM pairing looks sexy, and glad to see Welshman get a chance. Also lots of good Toronto boys starting.

Eek.

Well, at least Montreal's also playing a grossly reduced squad.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I would call that Impact B+ team. Nyassi and Bernier in the middle vs. Bekker and Osorio. Hmmmm............

ryan
04-24-2013, 06:48 PM
The wind is always such a disaster at BMO field. Turns games into shitshows and looks like this one will end up like that too.

rocktml
04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Impact fans out singing TFC fans at home? Pull your shit together guys

jloome
04-24-2013, 06:57 PM
There may be a method to this madness.This is a very young team, but also technically very gifted, may be decent idea to keep them together for the CCL if we get that far.

ginkster88
Fucking awful commentary on Sportsnet.

OgtheDim
Welshman...you have the ball in the box do not dive.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 06:58 PM
There may be a method to this madness.This is a very young team, but also technically very gifted, may be decent idea to keep them together for the CCL if we get that far.
surprised to see Bekker is playing more of DM role than Osorio

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 06:58 PM

I'd take into consideration the placement of field mics before drawing that conclusion.

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Really enjoying the athleticism TFC are showing.

PopePouri
04-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Tissot. A Canadian RB? Surely that's not true.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Tissot. A Canadian RB? Surely that's not true.
Impact academy product

ginkster88
He is.

OgtheDim
...This is a very young team, but also technically very gifted....

They don't look it. The number of bad passes and poor first touches on both sides is making this game very difficult to watch.

Eastend
04-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Fucking awful commentary on Sportsnet.

Always...worst pair of commentators EVER!!!!

Dom

Eastend
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM

Since we're all watching from home I don't think we're in a position to tell those that went to pull their shit together.

My 2 cents anyway.

Dom

Yohan
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Richter = Gargan version 2

ryan
04-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Welshman...you have the ball in the box do not dive.

To be fair i think he wins a foul in the middle of the pitch. Young kid, hopefully learns.

jloome
04-24-2013, 07:07 PM
They don't look it. The number of bad passes and poor first touches on both sides is making this game very difficult to watch.

I don't know, I'd say UI've seen some good stuff from both bekker and osorio, already. Not sure who's going to score without Earnie...

ryan
04-24-2013, 07:08 PM
just keep winning throw-ins, lets throw-in them to death.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 07:11 PM
that was sloppy... but outmuscling Mtl a lot

PopePouri
04-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Impact academy product

Oh wait, he's a LB. We don't produce decent RBs.

Ajax TFC
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Bekker's defensive game seems to have improved. Better reactions and less ball watching so Far than in previous appearances.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Oh wait, he's a LB. We don't produce decent RBs.
pretty sure Tissot is a LB

jloome
04-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Oh dear, Wiedeman is terrible.

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh dear, Wiedeman is terrible.
Was that him with that "holdup play"? Pretty shocking.

jloome
04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Was that him with that "holdup play"? Pretty shocking.

Yeah, he could have dished it off three times.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Hmmm.....111 got more full in the last 10 minutes.

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Watching Ashton Morgan play I have to question what if any value our academy has added to a player's development. Great athlete, technically lacking so much. Any good youth coach should have been drilling that kid to get better at the things he clearly only got by on by being faster / stronger than players playing at lower levels.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Just got back, how have we been? How have Henry, Bekker, and Welshman been?

PopePouri
04-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Bekker and Henry doing well. Welshman getting lost at times.

Eastend
04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Someone tell Welshman to stay on his feet. Holy crap!!!

tfcleeds
Pretty dire half, but some good play from Bekker and Osorio.

mowe
Pretty ugly first half TBH. Not sure where the goal is going to come from. Maybe sub on Silva in the second half?

OgtheDim
Silva in for Bekker please.

jloome
04-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Osorio and Bekker looked okay, ditto with Bostock. Richter and Bostock much more effective on the right than Welshman and Morgan on the left. Wiedeman is just a dreadful footballer by pro standards; at least, he looks lost today.

PopePouri
04-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Silva in for Bekker please.

Makes no sense. He was the best player on the pitch.

Super
04-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Pretty poor first half. Horrible weather. Empty stadium. Yeah, I'm pretty happy that I didn't go. Not sure I even want us to win this one. Don't think I can handle yet another season where we're spread insanely thin playing in the CCL. I'd like to see us make a go at making the play-offs this year, and we need 100 focus on that to have a chance. Tough to say that, because I always want TFC to win - and especially against Montreal - but let's just say this game means a hell of a lot less to me than the game on Saturday.

AlanO
04-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Thought Henry was the best player in red so far. Osorio looked good too.

Braun has the right instincts but his passing and his first touch let him down a lot.

Wiedeman needs to come off, we know what he's capable of (not much). Let's see Taylor Morgan or Bennett get some minutes.

Patrice Bernier is by far the best player on the pitch. Hoping Laba can play the role for TFC that Bernier does for Montreal.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Would like to see Bennett or T. Morgan (leaning towards Bennett) for Wiedeman either at half or by the 60th, and Silva for Bekker around the 75th.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Makes no sense. He was the best player on the pitch.

Disagree but lets split the difference and go with Silva for Weideman and play him behind Braun.:)

Davenport
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I've just watched 45 minutes of soccer on the tv that apparently people have paid to watch and even more disturbing....the players are being paid !

Eastend
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
What happened to the lights?

Davenport
04-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Bekker was the worst player on the pitch. And that's quite an accomplishment given the competition.

Eastend
04-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Pretty poor first half. Horrible weather. Empty stadium. Yeah, I'm pretty happy that I didn't go. Not sure I even want us to win this one. Don't think I can handle yet another season where we're spread insanely thin playing in the CCL. I'd like to see us make a go at making the play-offs this year, and we need 100 focus on that to have a chance. Tough to say that, because I always want TFC to win - and especially against Montreal - but let's just say this game means a hell of a lot less to me than the game on Saturday.

I'm sure not a popular sentiment but I have to agree with you here.

Dom

ryan
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
What happened to the lights?

MLSE trying to save a few bucks due to a sparse crowd.

T-boy
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Meh, nobody stood out for me in that first half. Weidemann was no worse than anybody else. Bekker needs to cope physically more. Nothing to say about that really. Bad conditions, bad football, all in the middle 3rd of the field.

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Bekker was the worst player on the pitch. And that's quite an accomplishment given the competition.
I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't a great half from a lot of guys, Bekker wasn't great but wasn't the worst either.

Kid seems to like his Champaign football a little too much though. You can't just expect to sit in the hole all game and expect the ball on a silver platter to then spray it on forward.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I love Richter's hustle, but he can't pass or cross

ryan
04-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Bostock looks about ready to slug someone.

Eastend
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Nice goal

ryan
Wahoooooooooo

tfcleeds
Doneil!!!!

PopePouri
Top fucking corner.

OgtheDim
Ok what is it with guys who have never scored beauty goals before scoring screamers?

gate7
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Golazo!! good boy!

ryan
Despite being a pretty ugly game, and being set up with ugly play, it was a nice shot.

ag futbol
should have been a striker, lol

Hitcho
04-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Who scored? 1-0?

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Somebody tell Gerry and Craig Henry turned 20 last week

ryan
04-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Osorio impresses there.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Great pressure, nearly a second there.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Nice to see the lads pressing. After the last couple of weeks, no way I feel safe yet without at least a second goal. And I won't feel safe until the final whistle...

DoubleUp
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I love Richter's hustle, but he can't pass or cross

He's defensively sound. His attacking is meh.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Gotta get the second here.

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Somebody tell Gerry and Craig Henry turned 20 last week

Somebody tell Gerry Ryan Nelsen doesn't look like the security guard.

Lumpy
04-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Bostock is hustling and passing good. Must want to start again

jloome
Ladies and Gentleman .... cue the fine finishing jokes.

OgtheDim
"Weideman did not get a good shot"

Ya think?

Yohan
04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
He's defensively sound. His attacking is meh.
I'd say good value for min wage player

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Bologna kid's coming in.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Ladies and Gentleman .... cue the fine finishing jokes.

Mariner = pathological liar, lol.

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
That one's in the parking lot.

DoubleUp
04-24-2013, 08:05 PM
agreed!. I like his game.

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Bostock's running the midfield right now.Seems to have sort of a free role this half.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Honestly is Bostock the best dribbler in MLS? Rest of his game aside, the ball is glued to his feet whenever he's got it.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
I think Bernier has an injury. He's been given time here tonight and he's just not making the passes he was at the beginning of the season.

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Honestly is Bostock the best dribbler in MLS? Rest of his game aside, the ball is glued to his feet whenever he's got it.

He grew up in a real academy.

Ricketts was similarly "skilled". It's just the nature of where he's come from.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 08:11 PM
^ Well said.

Would like to see Bennett or T. Morgan for Weeds soon.

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 08:14 PM
This is seriously depressing soccer to watch. I'm glad the Leafs are on as well.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Ok, now this should be interesting.

Ajax TFC
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Bekker and Bostock are running the show. Braun and Weideman are pretty bad. Weideman is the worst of them

Bekker off for Silva. Not sure what the point is when he was dominating the center
Braun off for Ephraim. Welshman up top I would think

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Uh oh. Our backline is falling back, mids falling way back.

We know what comes next folks.

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Montreal bringing in Pisanu late, smart move.

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Fuck sakes how many fullbacks can we loose?

notthesun
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Just what we need, a fullback injury.

Lumpy
04-24-2013, 08:24 PM
They are starting to watch the play

GabrielHurl
04-24-2013, 08:24 PM
good finish

Eastend
04-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Goal

notthesun
WHAT a fucking pass.

Lumpy
Good thing we left him on

ryan
YESS! Best finisher in the modern era strikes again!

jloome
Alright, we can all shut up about the world's greatest now. One look, one goal. Great through ball from Silva though, just nuts.

OgtheDim
Ok...gotta say it. Well taken.

Yohan
greatest finish of all time?

PopePouri
good finish

The best finish!

tfcleeds
Wiedeman...I apologize for knocking you earlier.

Ajax TFC
Best Finisher In The Modern Era Mother Fuckers!!!

T-boy
That was the best finish I've ever seen in the modern era!

ensco
Somewhere Paul Mariner is flipping the bird to the Toronto fans!

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 08:26 PM
I can't get over the put on English accent De Vos has adopted.

CBTFC
somewhere paul mariner is smilin'.

DoubleUp
Silvas a beast impact player.

He shouldnt be subbed unless he is dieing.:D

Oh yeah! great finish by wiedeman.

Lumpy
He was just rope-a-doping earlier making everyone think he was useless

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I can't get over the put on English accent De Vos has adopted.

DeVos? He's not commentating, it's Dobson and Craig Forrest.

And I wouldn't say put on, as he's lived there for most of the last 15 years. Jimmy Brennan sounded like he was from Bristol.

OgtheDim
Gotta grind this out now. Don't park the bus too much.

tfcleeds
Still not getting comfortable until I hear that final whistle...

ginkster88
Yep, that makes sense.

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
DeVos? He's not commentating, it's Dobson and Craig Forrest.

And I wouldn't say put on, as he's lived there for most of the last 15 years. Jimmy Brennan sounded like he was from Bristol.

That's right, Forrest.

They both do it.

It's still annoying.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Come on lads...just close this out now. Will do wonders for your self-confidence.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
11 043?

Yohan
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Wiedeman would make helluva NASL striker. can't run, can't hold up the ball but he's got ok finish

Super
04-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Well well well, this game turned kinda fun to watch in the second half. Alright then, let's bag this game and take it to Vancouver in the final. Hate to think about all the extra games, and what it'll do to our full season and play-off chances due to the strain on our small squad, but it's tough not to want the damn cup when we're playing this way. Great performance by TFC so far!

ryan
04-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Push for a 3rd. Fuck parking the bus. For the love of god try something bloody new.

notthesun
04-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Seriously Weeds you run that into the corner...

Super
04-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Wiedeman trying to shut the game down like that in the corner was fucking embarrasing. I want us to press the whole damn game. If we're going to lose a goal in overtime let it at least be because we're playing football.

ryan
how did we not make it 3?!

ag futbol
Ok that will not go down as the best finish of the modern era, lol

notthesun
Fuck and then he misses the open chance.

Ajax TFC
04-24-2013, 08:36 PM
And there we have the worst shot of the modern era preceded by the worst attempt to kill time in the modern era

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Nelson does not look happy.

Eastend
Yeah

Lumpy
Nelson pissed. Could have been 3-0

tfcleeds
Finally, a win! Let's take it to them in the second leg.

Corpand
04-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Before the game ends, I need to get this off my chest.

Wiedeman needs to score more, definitely a confidence weakness with him because he always takes an extra look before shooting. The more he grinds that out of his game, the better he will become. Amen to the goal.

Bostock is a genius on the field, pulls off some great passes, purposely pulling the extra man to him to create space.

Silva, his passes are ridiculously smooth when they arrive at the designated location. He regulates the forward and backspin on his balls incredibly. LOVE IT.

ryan
I want to see that every time we're sitting ahead. Just fucking push and push. Stop leaving it up to fate they won't score cause after all these years it just aint our thing.

adam1001
lol oh Weeds. that run to the corner was truly classic.

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Methinks Montreal will be playing the A team next week.

Lumpy
Bostock was best player on the field tonight

jloome
Silva, Osorio and Bostock were all very good tonight. Backline was solid. Montreal was extremely sad. Sad, sad performance from The Limps. Don't think they can win without DiVaio

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 08:41 PM
lol oh Weeds. that run to the corner was truly classic.
In his defense the coaching staff was yelling at him to do it. Same thing happened last game with different player.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
First clean sheet of the season. Kind of ironic that Frei got it, since Bendik has been playing like a beast. But that's the way it goes sometimes, I guess.

Nerepis
04-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes, Bostock might have just played his way into the starting 11.

notthesun
Nice to get a win and a clean sheet. Bostock was excellent. Silva again with an impact off the bench. Frei 3 appearances from 100 for the club now.

Super
That was a good game. I'm looking forward to Saturday - hope we can repeat the performance.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Come on Edmonton!!!

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Wow...Shitecaps aren't playing a B squad, lol.

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Come on Edmonton!!!

LOL, this is gonna be ugly. Vancouver's packed their first team in there.

Corpand
04-24-2013, 08:47 PM
In his defense the coaching staff was yelling at him to do it. Same thing happened last game with different player.

But the way he did it, absolutely classic. Builds up a huge speed (for him that's huge), cuts into the box almost, kinda looks another way and books it to the corner flag, where he loses possession.

Love ya Weeds

jloome
04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
First clean sheet of the season. Kind of ironic that Frei got it, since Bendik has been playing like a beast. But that's the way it goes sometimes, I guess.

Did they have a chance on net? I can't remember one.

ManUtd4ever
04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Very solid performance by our reserves in the second half. We should be going into Montreal up 3 goals, but I'll take the 2-0 win.

Kaz
04-24-2013, 08:54 PM
OMG 7th minute 1-1 Van - Edm.

T-boy
04-24-2013, 08:54 PM
That was definitely a game of two halfs! Nelson must have given them the hair dryer treatment in the dressing room. The players that looked bad in the firts half, looked great second: Bostock and Bekker especially came out strong and looking to get into the game a lot more. Bostock was much better when he came into central midfield from the wing.

And guys - all that complaining about Henry last weekend - he just had a great game. He's a future star, big strong, good feet. Good for him scoring tonight. Silva made all the difference coming off the bench too, what a ball to Weeds! Richter continues to impress too. On this showing, Eckersley isn't going to walk straight back into the team, for sure!

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
1-1.

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 08:55 PM

Other than Mapp missing it on the far post, no, I can't think of one either.

Eastend
04-24-2013, 08:56 PM

No, 4 shots, 0 on target.

T-boy
04-24-2013, 08:57 PM
No, 4 shots, 0 on target.

I bet they wish they had the best finisher in the known universe playing for them!

OgtheDim
04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Montreal has been found out. Sit on Bernier and they have no way to start their counter attack. You'd think their coach would have figured out how to adjust.

Yohan
04-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Montreal has been found out. Sit on Bernier and they have no way to start their counter attack. You'd think their coach would have figured out how to adjust.This is true. But in IMFC's defence, Felipe and Arnaud weren't playing

Kaz
04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I want Edmonton to win.. if only because Vancouver has a single Canadian on the field.

jloome
04-24-2013, 09:03 PM
I want Edmonton to win.. if only because Vancouver has a single Canadian on the field.

After four years my home club is finally starting to do the basic common sense things required to succeed, although it might be a bit late. We shall see. I tend to see the entire NASL as a slightly scammy exercise relative to USL PRO, even though it's technically the second division.

Abou Sky
04-24-2013, 09:04 PM
I bet they wish they had the best finisher in the known universe playing for them!
Lewandowski?

ginkster88
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
These commentators are perhaps even worse.

You'd think this was a matchup between the Caps and Eddies.

Abou Sky
04-24-2013, 09:09 PM
After four years my home club is finally starting to do the basic common sense things required to succeed, although it might be a bit late. We shall see. I tend to see the entire NASL as a slightly scammy exercise relative to USL PRO, even though it's technically the second division.

I want Edmonton to win because I like jloome more than every human in Vancouver, fuck that whole fucking city! When the White Caps come I can smell the patchouli from the stands!

How do you hide money from a White Caps fan?
PUT IT UNDER THE SOAP!

Initial B
04-24-2013, 09:12 PM
What's the link for the Edm-Van game?

ag futbol
04-24-2013, 09:14 PM
2-1 oh it burns, it burns!

notthesun
04-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Holy shit Edmonton is winning hahahahaha. 2-1

edit: nearly 3-1

tfcleeds
04-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Lol, 2-1 EDM.

Kaz
same link as for the TFC game

and it's Edmonton 2 Vancouver 1.

tfcleeds
I would so love for VAN's CDN championship misery to continue...still won't count on them missing the final though.

mowe
04-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Back to TFC.

Great win, glad the second half picked up. Bekker and Osorio have talent, they just need minutes to develop. Welshman however looked out of place. I love Silva.

reggie
04-24-2013, 09:16 PM
should be 3 to 1