PDA

View Full Version : The Almost All Stars

Jay P
07-18-2008, 08:16 AM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/the-almost-mls.html#more

Dichio/Brennen were selected last year I think.

ensco
07-18-2008, 08:24 AM
I bleed for TFC....that said, we have 4 guys on that second list, for 5 out of the top 36 in the league, which seems absurd for a middling team in a 14 team league.

I agree with the selection of Marvell and Guevara, but Sutton is a questionable selection, and Edu's inclusion is totally mystifying.

Is there anybody on these boards who thought Edu belonged in any list of the top 36 players of the league this year? Maybe it's because the selectors aren't really watching, but are aware of his USMNT selection.

Wooster_TFC
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I bleed for TFC....that said, we have 4 guys on that second list, for 5 out of the top 36 in the league, which seems absurd for a middling team in a 14 team league.

I agree with the selection of Marvell and Guevara, but Sutton is a questionable selection, and Edu's inclusion is totally mystifying.

Is there anybody on these boards who thought Edu belonged in any list of the top 36 players of the league this year? Maybe it's because the selectors aren't really watching, but are aware of his USMNT selection.

I'm guessing that the fan voting had a fairly high impact on the selection. Sutton led goalies in fan voting, and I believe Edu was 2nd or 3rd in midfielders?

MadMike
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Edu has a personal website, and he's asking fans to give him ideas for a "dance" when he scores ........ when does he score ??? I don't want to come off negative so early in the day but come on that's a bit cocky !!

Jimmy The Saint
07-18-2008, 12:36 PM

There's a thread somewhere a round here somewhere about how tough Robbo has it playing that Center Mid position; I think any comments defending Robbo can be applied here. Tough position to play, and you always notice the glaring mistakes, blah, blah, blah.

Not defending either one of them, btw, but at least Edu is still young and can learn something. He's included because Adidas likes him and he's made the USNT. This is MLS making strategic decisions about how to promote and market themselves.

nascarguy
07-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I think the whole thing of having a allstar game is a joke.