PDA

View Full Version : Dunfield's injury

synkronized1
04-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Seems like the planets are aligning for those that want him off the field. I fear that this injury and Ryan Nelson's assertion that the knee continues to be 'evaluated' could be a convenient reason to keep him out of the lineup for a while and open up his spot for a few others. Good for the team and the fans though if we get consistent efforts like in draw this past Saturday, but as a Dunfield supporter I think the writing could be on the wall for him. At least as a starter anyway.

West220Side
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Seems like the planets are aligning for those that want him off the field. I fear that this injury and Ryan Nelson's assertion that the knee continues to be 'evaluated' could be a convenient reason to keep him out of the lineup for a while and open up his spot for a few others. Good for the team and the fans though if we get consistent efforts like in draw this past Saturday, but as a Dunfield supporter I think the writing could be on the wall for him. At least as a starter anyway.

oh boy tin-foil hat conspiracists are coming out to play.
Dunny's injured, he'll be back on the pitch the minute he's healthy. if he demonstrates a work rate during the game like he does, what makes you think anything can keep him from getting on that training pitch and giving it his all. they would have to literally lock him out of training, and i'm sure a reporter would catch a scoop about that.

he's just injured.

bigredone
04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Listen, and understand. That DUNinator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

West220Side
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Listen, and understand. That DUNinator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

He will tackle you, he will be carded, and you will feel the wrath of DUNinator.
The average fan will no see his suttle passes to keep possesion, his willingness to slide tackle unlike the 1.6 million dollar man. You will not see his leadership abilities commanding the midfield. But he will always be there.

MartinUtd
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't think Ryan Nelson is the kind of man that would hide behind false reasoning.

Derko
04-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I think Terry Dunfield, no matter what role he is asked, will do it to his upmost with tenacity and pure grit, too bad he is injured, but will be back as soon as he is able, and if that is as a sub or starter, as the coaching staff, who have more football wisdom than I, see fit. I will be pleased. It is a shame that some are relishing in someone's misfortune of being injured, shame on you:scarf:

andyc
04-10-2013, 09:10 PM
If anything they are probably playing down the extent of the injury until they get the Argentinian DM locked down....

But don't tell anyone.... 8-)

aptone
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
I must say, it's taken years, but he's won me over with his sheer tenacity. He's just worked too hard for tfc to feel anything but fondness for him. This doesn't change the fact that taking the next step towards being a mid-table club means relegating him to a purely depth-player role.

Gazza
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
The Terry-fic one is just waiting for the right opportunity to tell his injury and all other potential injuries to f*ck off! And on that glorious day, the black clowd of potential injuries will f*ck right off. And not another injury shall be had. For his name is Terry Dunfield. So let it be written. So let it be Dun...field.

Yohan
04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
The Terry-fic one is just waiting for the right opportunity to tell his injury and all other potential injuries to f*ck off! And on that glorious day, the black clowd of potential injuries will f*ck right off. And not another injury shall be had. For his name is Terry Dunfield. So let it be written. So let it be Dun...field.
I thought he already had that glorious moment when he put in that header with last kick of the game against Vancouver. Especially after Mattocks scored that amazing goal and taunted South End.

If it was any other player, he would have been a cult hero. But since it's Terry, no love.

Barring Dunfield suddenly turning into the best box to box mid in the modern era, Dunfield will always be a polarizing and controversial player, no matter how hard and how much he fights for the badge.

mcolvy
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Folks, back when dunfield was a big shot ready to ditch Canada for an England International career he had a terrible knee injury. Im talking about knee cap breaking and all sorts of trouble. He was pretty screwed up and never did get back to normal. Thats what did him in. So when they are doing all these evaluations and what not I am very worried that his weak knee has been messed with and that there are some complications from his knee injury soo many years back.

It can come back to bite you.

Canary10
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I think we need a thread devoted entirely to whether Dunfield is any good.

Gazza
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM
I doubt this has anything to do with any new signings. Dunfield makes peanuts compared to some on this team. He's played more football for us than he has in years and it might be catching up to him. Throw in the amount of games we've played on field turf recently, and there are bound to be niggling injuries in the lineup. Especially from someone who puts in the effort he gives and especially at his "advanced" age.

69Chevy396
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I think we need a thread devoted entirely to whether Dunfield is any good.
He has done nothing to warrant these accolades. The guy works hard, we know that. We expect every pro athlete to do the same. His work rate stands out because he is utterly talentless, and represents another reason this team never goes anywhere. If he weren't playing for TFC, which MLS club would pick him up, much less use him as a starter? TFC plays against other clubs, you need to compare the individual player accomplishments and skill level with the competition, and in this regard, Dunfield is Dung on the Field.

Canary10
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
He has done nothing to warrant these accolades. The guy works hard, we know that. We expect every pro athlete to do the same. His work rate stands out because he is utterly talentless, and represents another reason this team never goes anywhere. If he weren't playing for TFC, which MLS club would pick him up, much less use him as a starter? TFC plays against other clubs, you need to compare the individual player accomplishments and skill level with the competition, and in this regard, Dunfield is Dung on the Field.

Actually that was a joke because there is a thread devoted to whether Dunfield is any good.

Canary10
04-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Even better would be for TFC to set up an #AskTerryDunfield on twitter.

Phil
04-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Folks, back when dunfield was a big shot ready to ditch Canada for an England International career he had a terrible knee injury. Im talking about knee cap breaking and all sorts of trouble. He was pretty screwed up and never did get back to normal. Thats what did him in. So when they are doing all these evaluations and what not I am very worried that his weak knee has been messed with and that there are some complications from his knee injury soo many years back.

A very good point. With the language they are using surrounding the injury it makes me wonder if there is something more to it and given the history.

69Chevy396
04-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Actually that was a joke because there is a thread devoted to whether Dunfield is any good.

Thread started by Dunfield?

Canary10
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Thread started by Dunfield?

No, a thread was started to debate whether Dunfield is any good. People were posting from both sides. Lots agree with you.

[NBF]
04-11-2013, 01:38 PM
When asked to comment about the injury, Terry Dunfield replied, "You should of seen the other guy."

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/thesunchronicle.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/04/804e6d7e-cf51-11e1-a2d9-0019bb2963f4/5004235aefa27.image.jpg

spark
04-11-2013, 03:34 PM

For those interested - this is a pretty good account of Terry's early days that was on RNO last year and mentions that injury.

A Day with Terry Dunfield (http://www.rednationonline.ca/AdaywithTerryDunfieldPart1.aspx)

Walms
04-11-2013, 03:54 PM
what makes you think anything can keep him from getting on that training pitch and giving it his all. they would have to literally lock him out of training, .

Hahaha i feel like this would be 100% true!

"The Legend of Terry D"... my favorit player on the pitch for some time now. He give's more every game than some past players have givin there entire time with TFC. He is a gritty, muddy, down and dirty player and his presence in the Mid is invaluable! He has made some briliant pass's this season and set up some great plays/goals.

Having him out for the next few weeks will hurt, But he will return the second he thinks he can!

West220Side
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Personally I think this season O'Dea is going to be the MVP. Terry Dunfield is my favorite player on the pitch usually most games. He puts in his shift, no flare, and he isn't afraid to make a tackle like some people...

But players like Dunfield arn't meant to be in the spot light. He's not that kind of player, he's our silent savoir there to put in his shift just like I said. O'Dea however has been making great tackles in games against Kansas & Montreal he made 90th minute tackles that were amazing. Then against Dallas he was playing almost like a striker driving all our boys to push on until the very end. His leadership has been amazing. Sure he's on a huge contract but we're paying it, that doesn't change the fact he's been playing fantastic.

On topic. Dunfield was announced as being out 3-4 weeks today. Definitely gonna hurt. I was looking forward to him beside a midfielder other then Jeremy Hall.